A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Choking Victim
About Contact
Last Post: Feb 6, 2013 09:20 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
Choking Victim has contributed to 219 posts out of 469450 total posts (.05%) in 4,323 days (.05 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » GIVE US THE TAGS!!!!! Feb 6, 2013 09:20 AM (Total replies: 145)

Quote: --- Original message by: Lestat
Quote: --- Original message by: Choking Victim
Lodex speaks the truth, I put a virus in there.

Maybe not intentionally. Maybe you're infected and you have no idea. Or maybe you just have a very odd way of putting together .rars.

Let's explain this "virus".
What was found is what's called a "decompression bomb".

Here's what that is:
"A decompression bomb is a file that unpacks to an enormous amount of data - thus "flooding" the unpacking engine. It's quite hard to detect such files reliably, so it's possible that it gives some false alarms ocassionally."

Here's what could happen if this was an intentional attack:
"We had... ...a while back, reporting... system crashes from trying to scan an apparently small file (50 or 100K, if I remember) which would have eventually expanded, if disk space and memory were available, to a couple of hundred gigs."

This information on top of the fact that I was the target of a keylogger insertion attempt coordinated by Masterz and Kirby (a very long time ago) keeps me on edge. It failed because I don't take risks with suspicious files, none of you should either. Unless Dennis has personnally scanned the file himself and approves, I suggest you all use due caution with links around here. L2internet.

Listen buddy, I was only trying to be helpful. If you want to point fingers about non-existant viruses, be my guest.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 Foundry Port WIP by Jesse & Sali Feb 5, 2013 01:51 PM (Total replies: 1207)

I couldn't care less if you used them or not.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 Foundry Port WIP by Jesse & Sali Feb 5, 2013 12:56 PM (Total replies: 1207)

Ohh and you're welcome, I hope those tags fix your problem.
Edited by Choking Victim on Feb 5, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 Foundry Port WIP by Jesse & Sali Feb 5, 2013 12:32 PM (Total replies: 1207)

Said the 25+ year old male to some guy on the internet on a Tuesday afternoon...

Halo CE General Discussion » GIVE US THE TAGS!!!!! Feb 5, 2013 12:18 PM (Total replies: 145)

Lodex speaks the truth, I put a virus in there.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 Foundry Port WIP by Jesse & Sali Feb 5, 2013 12:17 PM (Total replies: 1207)

Quote: --- Original message by: The Lodeman
Just ignore Choking Victim. He's just acting like Shadowspartan always does. All high and mighty on his horse of ultimate destiny.

Just trying to bring knowledge and reason to the unreasonable and stupid.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 Foundry Port WIP by Jesse & Sali Feb 5, 2013 11:18 AM (Total replies: 1207)

Why do you have to owe me something for me to help you, genius?

Your knowledge of language syntax is on par with your computer virus expertise.
Edited by Choking Victim on Feb 5, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 Foundry Port WIP by Jesse & Sali Feb 5, 2013 10:48 AM (Total replies: 1207)

Quote: --- Original message by: Lestat
Yes, my ultimate goal in life is to infect a bunch of children with a virus on a halo modding forum. It's a very lucrative business...

In all seriousness, you have no idea how a virus works. Viruses are generally put into executable files and hook into a programs startup function to initialize malicious code. They generally aren't put into mundane filetypes where you need a specialized program (guerilla/sapien/tool) to run those said files. What you're asserting is that I've somehow put this malicious code into the tag files and got it to run (which would also require modifications to guerilla/sapien/tool to run the said code).

I didn't include a new HEK tool download, so how would you presume I'm executing this alleged virus?

I know:
-CMT has tried to do this before. Don't act surprised.
-I trust my very expensive AV over my knowledge of viruses any day.
-I don't know how it would have worked, all I need is a positive read to get me paranoid.

- No they haven't, they don't have the means. They know just as much about viruses as you do.
- Norton sucks.
- Learning is hard.

I could've easily just not released this stuff, I'll keep this in mind next time you need help.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 Foundry Port WIP by Jesse & Sali Feb 5, 2013 10:40 AM (Total replies: 1207)

Yes, my ultimate goal in life is to infect a bunch of children with a virus on a halo modding forum. It's a very lucrative business...

In all seriousness, you have no idea how a virus works. Viruses are generally put into executable files and hook into a programs startup function to initialize malicious code. They generally aren't put into mundane filetypes where you need a specialized program (guerilla/sapien/tool) to run those said files. What you're asserting is that I've somehow put this malicious code into the tag files and got it to run (which would also require modifications to guerilla/sapien/tool to run the said code).

I didn't include a new HEK tool download, so how would you presume I'm executing this alleged virus?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 Foundry Port WIP by Jesse & Sali Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM (Total replies: 1207)

So the last zteam tag release was extracted with hek+, which doesn't use the tag definitions found in the HEK tools. Instead it uses some half-assed plugin system Steelix came up with for getting data of a certain size/type and dumping it into a tag (which doesn't always work 100% of the time as you've all noticed).

So instead try these: *link removed by admin

Straight from the horses teet. Hopefully proper original tags correct the issue.
Edited by Dennis on Feb 6, 2013 at 02:44 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jan 22, 2013 04:32 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Are you a butcher? because you butchered my name quite nicely.

Halo CE General Discussion » OpenSauce for HaloCE, V3.0, Released Jan 18, 2013 01:20 PM (Total replies: 818)

That was my end goal. I included biped seat entering in this build, but actual support for assassinations will come later.

Halo CE General Discussion » Post open-sauce shaders here! Jan 17, 2013 04:15 PM (Total replies: 285)

If you're a rational human being, I'm Michael Clarke Duncan.

Halo CE General Discussion » Post open-sauce shaders here! Jan 17, 2013 04:04 PM (Total replies: 285)

Lod3x, I think you're doing this whole trolling thing all wrong. Instead of prancing around bringing down OS, you should embrace it and start using it. We'd all hate the fact that an ungrateful piece of poop like yourself is using the features we all worked so hard on.

Source: The art of trolling by CV

CV, what is your problem?
I have, once again, stated that OS is a good addition. Do you completely ignore what I say because another thing I say is in disagreement with your PR department?

You yourself as a programmer surely cannot say your shader system is technically superior to that of Halo 3. That doesn't mean it's not a decent shader system...really, do you even read what I actually say? Please respond to the actual content of my post instead of spewing out nonsense, and putting more words in my mouth that I don't say.

If I would still be actively working on a Halo project, chances are I would in fact use OS for certain features such as its increased particle count.

You're really just bashing me because I dare say something that is in disagreement with Masterz. You're no better than his other fanboys.

lol, I haven't read a single thing in this thread because I don't care. I just knew your posts were in all likelihood saying something negative about os.

Halo CE General Discussion » Post open-sauce shaders here! Jan 17, 2013 03:47 PM (Total replies: 285)

Lod3x, I think you're doing this whole trolling thing all wrong. Instead of prancing around bringing down OS, you should embrace it and start using it. We'd all hate the fact that an ungrateful piece of poop like yourself is using the features we all worked so hard on.

Source: The art of trolling by CV

Halo CE General Discussion » Post open-sauce shaders here! Jan 16, 2013 04:01 PM (Total replies: 285)

Your opinion is that of a PR department praising its new flashy product, with every post someone makes about it.
There can be no opinion on the technical finess of software. Either a feature in engine x is better than the same feature of engine y or vice versa. Here we are comparing an advanced lighting mechanism from the later Halo games, with a hobbyist lighting/bumpmap/whatever implementation of a reverse-engineered older game.

Clearly, the former is of a better technical quality than the latter. You simply can not say that the OS shaders surpass those of Halo 3, Reach or 4. It is technically ridiculous. It's the same as claiming the moon is better at supporting life than planet Earth.

What is wrong with you?

Halo CE General Discussion » Post open-sauce shaders here! Jan 16, 2013 11:54 AM (Total replies: 285)

That's not the question.

Halo CE General Discussion » Post open-sauce shaders here! Jan 16, 2013 11:46 AM (Total replies: 285)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz

Though I disagree with your intent(to down OS), I find myself agreeing with your point.

While that may seem like the intent, the intent was actually to call Masterz out on his constant ridiculous glorification of OS. He's practically a one man PR department for Open Sauce. I don't mean to down OS, it's a good addition. But it's not the next best thing since hot water, as the PR department sometimes seems to believe.

What is wrong with you?

Halo CE General Discussion » What is the bone limit for a halo ce biped? Jan 16, 2013 11:44 AM (Total replies: 17)

All I can recommend is you try the next version of OS, which will be released soon. It's possible that whatever problem you're having has been fixed, it's worth another shot.
Edited by Choking Victim on Jan 16, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » What is the bone limit for a halo ce biped? Jan 16, 2013 11:06 AM (Total replies: 17)

Quote: --- Original message by: grunt_eater
I'll try it, but i can tell you now that my graphics card won't be able to handle it :/

OS's graphical modifications can easily be disabled, open up "C:\Users\UserName\Documents\My Games\Halo CE\OpenSauce\OS_Settings.User.xml" change "<ShaderExtension enabled="true">" and all the Model fields below it to false. You may also want to set the PostProcessing fields to false too if your gpu is that bad.

Time: Wed November 13, 2019 6:54 PM 344 ms.
A Halo Maps Website