A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: callum12341
About Contact
Last Post: Feb 12, 2013 11:36 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
callum12341 has contributed to 20 posts out of 469671 total posts (0.00%) in 4,389 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Feb 12, 2013 11:36 AM (Total replies: 1627)

Except that Black Mesa is already out, has wayyyyyyy more than 1 map in it (not to mention updated graphics, gameplay, new content), and it's creators were working on it most days.
Edited by callum12341 on Feb 12, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Dec 15, 2012 12:19 AM (Total replies: 1627)

Yeh but in the last few pages there's been some solid work done and quick replies from the author, so looks like it's getting back into gear hopefully.

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Dec 12, 2012 06:43 AM (Total replies: 1627)

Quote: --- Original message by: licon4812
put this in the map http://ihalo.org/3ds/POA-3ds.jpg

He cut the downed cruiser from the map a while ago to reduce its size.

Edited by callum12341 on Dec 12, 2012 at 06:47 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Dec 11, 2012 10:48 AM (Total replies: 1627)

Probably too late to implement anything like this, but I'd love to see big interiors which we can fly pelicans and other slow maneuverable craft (ie, not jets) through, like at the start of Assault on the Control room. Imagine something like that in one of the bases. It would stop fast flag grabs with jets since they wouldn't be agile enough, but allow you to drop an entire pelican load of troops right in to the enemy base for a coordinated assault :D
However there would be the slight problem of any pelis rising up a shaft being a sitting duck to plasma grenades raining from above....but I'm sure there's a way around that.

Also if you can, make the peli handling like the Coldsnap ones. The ones in extinction are incredibly unrealistic in that they have no weight to them, and thus require no skill to use. I wouldn't mind them being unarmed either if they got the heavy Coldsnap armor.

Something to think about anyway (sorry if it's been covered already...big thread >.<)
Edited by callum12341 on Dec 11, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Requiem - Extinction on Steroids Apr 30, 2012 12:26 AM (Total replies: 1627)

Anyone got the map from him yet and tried to fix it?

Halo CE General Discussion » Influx of new players Oct 15, 2011 05:40 AM (Total replies: 11)

Anyone got a link to where this merge was announced anyway? Couldn't find anything on google :<

Halo CE General Discussion » Influx of new players Oct 14, 2011 07:10 PM (Total replies: 11)

1.0 would be the players that pirated it right? And yeh I noticed a hell of a lot of people were speaking spanish.

Halo CE General Discussion » Influx of new players Oct 14, 2011 06:50 PM (Total replies: 11)

Has anyone else noticed there's been a massive boost in players for halo ce? Just now there's like 300 people ingame, when not that long ago you'd be stuggling to top 50. Maybe my connection settings were screwed up before and not showing all matches or something...but has anyone else noticed this?
Edited by callum12341 on Oct 14, 2011 at 06:51 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Far clipping Jul 2, 2008 08:48 AM (Total replies: 2)

Ok for some reason my last topic on this got locked
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=18249

Anyway, i found the guy ingame on halo, and i asked him more about it. He said u have to decompile the program. Anyone know how to do this and what to edit?

EDIT:
Ive downloaded a program called boomerang decompiler. I opened it up and thats about as far as ive gotten, i have absolutly no idea how to work it.........Im gonna need step by step instructions i think.
Edited by callum12341 on Jul 2, 2008 at 08:54 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Far clipping Jun 25, 2008 05:49 AM (Total replies: 7)

Blue arrow??

And i he definatly wasnt using a bot or co-ord sniping, coz i sightjacked him, so he must have somehow increased his sight distance. He could see clear across from the blue to the red base in coldsnap.

And yeh ive heard from a few peeps that he coudnt have been using Visual basic. How would i get into the file then? or was he lying about editing the .exe file as well?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Showing Teleport Paths Jun 23, 2008 07:49 AM (Total replies: 3)

Ah ok...thanx

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Far clipping Jun 23, 2008 07:46 AM (Total replies: 7)

Yeh i forogt to mention i was the one who originally posted about that hack, http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=14733

That particular one doesnt work very well, cause it only gives a small increase in distance.
Anyone know how to edit the .exe file then?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Far clipping Jun 22, 2008 06:27 AM (Total replies: 7)

I came across a guy in ce the other day, in a coldsnap server. He seemed to be able to see very far into the distance, so i got his xfire and asked him how he did it. He said that he edited the haloce.exe file with visual basic and changed the clipping distance. I tried the same thing but visual basic woudnt open it, so im stuck at the moment.

Does anyone know how to get into the file, which property to edit and how?

Edited by callum12341 on Jun 22, 2008 at 06:28 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Showing Teleport Paths Jun 13, 2008 07:03 AM (Total replies: 3)

Is there a way in ce to show teleport paths. By this i mean can you type in a command in the console or other means and get a line going from the teleport entrance to the teleport destination or something simular? The reason for this is so I can find secret teleports, without having to jump against every rock on the map.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanx

Halo CE General Discussion » Cant join non-dedi servers Jun 7, 2008 09:31 AM (Total replies: 8)

Ok so if its not vista, what else could it be?

(sorry for the bumping of an old topic, but i went away for a while)

Halo CE General Discussion » Cant join non-dedi servers May 7, 2008 02:45 AM (Total replies: 8)

maybe something to do with vista?

Halo CE General Discussion » Cant join non-dedi servers May 6, 2008 07:37 AM (Total replies: 8)

Ive been playing halo ce for a couple o years now, but ive always had trouble joining non-dedi servers. Dedi servers always work perfect by the way. I have looked up the troubleshooting on this site and it said to unblock the ports in my firewall, which i did. Also i have vista, but i have been running ce in compatibility mode and as an administrator, but still no diff.

Not sure what information/specs i have to put in here, if any. But if u need some i can get it.

Any solutions guys??

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Speed hack Jan 19, 2008 11:32 PM (Total replies: 5)

Hi guys would it be possible for someone to come up with a speed hack? Me and my friend need one for stunts, to make the vehicles go faster, but we have no programming experience. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Callum

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Halo CE Far Clipping Jan 18, 2008 06:02 AM (Total replies: 3)

Strange i tried that link several times. Anywayz, thanks a heap from me and me buds.
Edited by callum12341 on Jan 18, 2008 at 06:10 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Halo CE Far Clipping Jan 18, 2008 02:51 AM (Total replies: 3)

Hi guys i have just recently found an old post in a forum that has a download for a far clipping mod for HCE. Unfortunately, the download link is no longer working, and the post itself is very old so it is unlikely i could still contact the creator.

I have no programming skills whatsoever, so i was wondering if someone could design a similar program. This is the link to the post, http://forums.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=56713&sid=263bbbcaf1253ce964ffac4c0367f97e

Thanks in advance,
Callum

Time: Thu January 23, 2020 1:08 AM 406 ms.
A Halo Maps Website