A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Orange_Geko
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 6, 2011 04:09 PM
Interests:
Your Age: .. why do you need to know? are you a stalker?!?!?!
What Games do you play: HCE, HCE, HCE, and did I mention HCE?
How long since I last used this account?
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Orange_Geko has contributed to 1606 posts out of 469376 total posts (.34%) in 5,080 days (.32 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » Scripts Jul 6, 2011 04:09 PM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
Bad news everyone! Your script sizes are severely crippled in H2! So, today making a test map, I tossed one of my HCE scripts over.. Saved the file, told tool to compile. Strangely enough, tool says its unmatched.. I knew this isn't true as it is used in HCE fine. I open the file again... it chopped 3/4ths of the script off. Try pasting again, click save.. I watch the scroll bar shrink instantly as I click save. You know where in guerilla, it lists source bytes? Scripts cannot exceed 4098 bytes, anything beyond that is deleted.

Today has probably been the most disappointing birthday ever (not just this, other things have happened too)

Copy-paste form modacity and monstrmoose.

Halo CE General Discussion » Come request magic lawlz of me Jun 12, 2011 06:59 PM (Total replies: 143)

First of all, this is totally not my other old account.....

Anyways, "kirby" asked me to post here to inform you of the following:
-Broken mice suck.
-Almost done, just need to figure out why the dormant script is acting differently when called by a widget rather than wake. "Kirby" will have a video online sometime soon.
-This is toooottally not kirby on his other account.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » HOW to Optimize my new map? Sep 14, 2007 06:20 PM (Total replies: 59)

Quote: --- Original message by: goku
Thanks guys for the nice words, but for the moment I need litle help for portals. Does anyone knows any video or text portal tutorial?

no, but you use the create face mode, create a seal inside all around, and apply the material +exactportal or what ever it is in teh HEK tut (I check the name on the HEK tut everytime I use a portal, because I realy dont care much about the portals that often loL)

Halo CE General Discussion » Dev Mode? Sep 14, 2007 06:10 PM (Total replies: 14)

just use alldev, you can turn devmode with the click of the PAGEUP button meaning you can even use it online, or if you wana do it similar to what your saying, just press it after you load HCE

search is your friend

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » HOW to Optimize my new map? Sep 14, 2007 11:09 AM (Total replies: 59)

Quote: --- Original message by: selentic
Quote: --- Original message by: Orange_Geko
No, no portals in my map, because I don't know how to setup them.
I don't know nothing about portals! I have to find a good tutorial to build them.

portals wont help your problem, they are only for things like weather, sound, rendering.

How many tags do you have in your map? because those are what are gonna make your map big

Whatre you smoking, portals break up a level to help it run better by allowing it to avoid fully rendering things

it appers your the one thats smoking things, you cant read

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » questions Sep 14, 2007 12:35 AM (Total replies: 13)

Search is your friend
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=1099
click ~ while dev is enabled, then type the comand (you can type script comands in there, and you can use the same cheat comands in scripts, ect)

Halo CE General Discussion » LEAVE BRITENY ALONE!!! Sep 14, 2007 12:30 AM (Total replies: 15)

ok everyone, ignore the medicated one lol

if you cant tell by sonics random offtopic post, hes highly medicated, and im trying to convince him to go to bed before he gets himself banned... so ignore his post lol

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » questions Sep 14, 2007 12:23 AM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: mlhrj5
my halo ce single player maps dont want to work because i am a friggin n00b at the single player ce thing.
everytime i try to load the map in a LAN game, it exceptions.
i know i am doing something wrong, positive that i dont do a lan game but something else. . .
but dont know what.....

you dont load SP in the MP menu, you have to use dev mode and know the maps name.
map_name bloodgulch would load BG in SP mode
if the map has spaces in the name, you must put "" around it
map_name "sp ai fusion icefields" is for the AI player fusion map I made, I think its probly hte only SP map with spaces in the name, so its probly the only time you'll ever use the ""

Halo CE General Discussion » LEAVE BRITENY ALONE!!! Sep 14, 2007 12:08 AM (Total replies: 15)

hes medicated
Quote:
КĨЯΨ_422: alcohol, or worse? cuase your not acting in your right mind with that post
{ΔĦ}ΩЙٲ[UMT]: uh oh
{ΔĦ}ΩЙٲ[UMT]: wut i do
{ΔĦ}ΩЙٲ[UMT]: o man
{ΔĦ}ΩЙٲ[UMT]: this is the last time i take benodryl
КĨЯΨ_422: your telling me you didnt make that topic? whos using your account?
{ΔĦ}ΩЙٲ[UMT]: im pretty sur i did
{ΔĦ}ΩЙٲ[UMT]: awww crap
{ΔĦ}ΩЙٲ[UMT]: i gotta edit
КĨЯΨ_422: cause they just made another post in that topic like 30 seconds ago

Halo CE General Discussion » LEAVE BRITENY ALONE!!! Sep 14, 2007 12:04 AM (Total replies: 15)

Quote: --- Original message by: TheHappyGrunt
Ummm...what does this have to do with Halo CE?

he might be drunk, or on something else.. cause hes not the type to be stupid like this...

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » questions Sep 13, 2007 11:49 PM (Total replies: 13)

(set rider_ejection 0)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » New Vehicles releasing Tomorrow Sep 13, 2007 06:32 PM (Total replies: 209)

Quote: --- Original message by: Yoda117
its tomorrow now, when can i download.

no, because tomorrow never comes, it is always today.. its part of the space time continum :P

Quote: --- Original message by: BlueBlaze55
yes it has the bitmap for the floor there

and that shader you have it in is the one located here?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » HOW to Optimize my new map? Sep 13, 2007 06:26 PM (Total replies: 59)

No, no portals in my map, because I don't know how to setup them.
I don't know nothing about portals! I have to find a good tutorial to build them.

portals wont help your problem, they are only for things like weather, sound, rendering.

How many tags do you have in your map? because those are what are gonna make your map big

Quote: --- Original message by: BlueBlaze55
ok well this is just great... i even followed the step by step tutorial too...

does the shader_enviroment have a part like this?

(the red square with BITMAP HERE is your bitmap lol)

Halo CE General Discussion » halo ce snowbound official topic Sep 13, 2007 06:16 PM (Total replies: 73)

Quote: --- Original message by: Shadow5561
I just dedcided to help CLS GRUNT and make pick-up icons. The one pick-up icon I showed him to see if I could help, he said he was impressed by it. Ok so yea I create pick-up icons for this map.

was it any beter than this?
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h176/orangegeko/Warthog-icon.gif
(yes, I know its not set to show with the img tags, I dont wana atract people away from the thread as they skim over)
that icon took like 2 minutes to make lol, ill release the tutorial soon, but dont you agree it caught every little detail of the render? lol, imagin a detailed render.. lol

Quote: --- Original message by: Jay2645
That is the multiplayer. It works and SHOULD sync, haven't tested it yet. Perhaps Kirby can clarify while I clean up the vehicle you use to board the Ghost with.

<INSERT MASIVE SCRIPT HERE>

That is the singleplayer, it also works. I didn't really need the plyrnums, but what the hell.

I doubt you even PMed my kirby account here witch I havnt touched since when I had lost the password, but I have access to it again, and I still get e-mails from PMs.. why does nobody ever tell me when they need something done? lol. ill get working on it (and mb shrink it alot lol)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » dev mod qeustion Sep 13, 2007 02:36 PM (Total replies: 1)

(sound_looping_start <looping_sound> <object> <real>)
EXAMPLE:
(sound_looping_start "sound\music\japanesemusic\asterisk" "none" 1)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » spider sentinel? Sep 13, 2007 11:25 AM (Total replies: 49)

Quote: --- Original message by: Okami
hey maybe they should do that a suicidal bombing when they get too damaged. like have them lunge at there opponent and blow up right in there faces.

(if (<(unit_get_health <unit>) 0.4) (begin (ai_allow_charge <ai> 1) (sleep 60) (effect_new_on_object_marker <effect> <object> <string>)))
that makes it if they have 40% health, they charge, and explode after 2 seconds.. he can use it if he wants.

Time: Wed October 16, 2019 2:36 PM 266 ms.
A Halo Maps Website