A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Wrathofkhornesevilgerbil
About Contact
Last Post: May 2, 2008 05:01 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Im in ur base, steelin yur flahg.
Email: {hidden}
AIM:
MSN IM:
Yahoo IM:

Post Statistics
Wrathofkhornesevilgerbil has contributed to 22 posts out of 470306 total posts (0.00%) in 2,255 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
General Machinima Discussions » Tbmt productions May 2, 2008 05:01 PM (Total replies: 4)

Nice, but I've got to agree about the sound. I had to turn mine up quite a bit too, although not to max, to hear you. Sounded like it was more to do with distance from the mike more than anything else. I think he's being a bit harsh saying it was useless... That was a very good introductory "how to". :), makes me think I should get my a*** in gear and make one myself, rather than doing what I've been doing so far, and relying on other people to write a script, act for me so I can include more than one moving character, etc.

General Machinima Discussions » new movie Apr 27, 2008 07:44 AM (Total replies: 5)

I always figured they just waited for the last ten seconds or so of active camo where your visible, but semi-transparent...

General Machinima Discussions » Fall of Reach Machinima! Apr 26, 2008 08:49 AM (Total replies: 11)

Thats got a novel too, its called "The Flood", where Keyes, Johnson, the ODST's, etc., get much more of a story.

The Spartans do, but the crew of the various ships, Keyes, the marines, in fact, everyone else except the Spartans, don't have helmets that cover their faces.

General Machinima Discussions » Fall of Reach Machinima! Apr 25, 2008 10:35 AM (Total replies: 11)

Its a decent enough idea, but the Fall of Reach (if you read the novel, Warning, I may give away some spoilers now) does involve Master Chief and the Spartans quite deeply, and isn't overly practical. For starters, most of the action around Reach itself takes place in space, with minimal roles on the ground for the Spartans around a generator complex. Not a real problem for a few ships, as the Trepidation series allows filming of high-quality original space scenes. But Reach, where almost a thousand ships are involved between the two sides, is slightly over the 16 player limit. Secondly, we've nothing to represent the Super-MAC Cannons. Thirdly, the actual fall of Reach is tied up with the beginnings of the Spartan II project, and the career of Captain Keyes. Thirdly, as a lot of the main characters would be non-Spartans, you'd need some way of animating the helmetless humans mouths. Fourth, you'll need to use multiple maps, rather than the one. The list goes on...

Its not that its impossible, its just because it'd be very hard, hence why no one's ever made a succesful film about it.

General Machinima Discussions » Spoof Ex Machina Episode one Apr 19, 2008 01:51 PM (Total replies: 7)

I liked it, but fuzzy sound in a few places kinda spoiled it for me... Still, should be fun to see the next episode, :), looking forward to it!

General Machinima Discussions » Extraterrestral teaser trailer [Halo 3] Apr 9, 2008 03:07 PM (Total replies: 8)

I'm kind of a newb at this myself, so this isn't coming from someone with much experience (I'm still filming my first) but I thought there were a few points you could improve on:
1) Camera work, which was quite jerky at times. Maybe try a few more still shots, just from different angles? There was some great composition, e.g., the guy in the base being found by an elite, but the camera work was very dodgy. That same scene could be improved by doing something like, say, a close-up shot of the feet, like you had, but with them walking past the camera rather than the camera following them. Then a medium shot of of the guy looking around, or doing whatever he is doing in the base, followed by a closeup of the elites face walking into your shots frame, and stopping to breath for in instant. Then an over the shoulder shot of the Spartan guy, with him pointed at the camera, and the elite standing behind him (the elite, if it hasn't already, could get the energy sword out at this point). He then turns, and you swap to a medium shot of the elite rushing forwards, energy sword in hand, before the black out you put in.
2) Sound track was great, very well scripted, but the crackling noises were kinda bad, sounded like paper. Maybe you could just record regular radio static off a radio, no voices, make it more quiet and put it on in the background to your broadcast, rather than trying to produce it artificially.
3) Your action shots were good, but a little too protracted in places. Maybe try shortening them in parts like the sword fight, as six seconds of the swords clashing against each other multiple times is far better material than six seconds of an elite slashing, backing off, then moving back in again.

Just suggestions, hope they're the sort of thing you were looking for.

General Machinima Discussions » Sidewinder Squad Apr 7, 2008 10:44 AM (Total replies: 29)

Well, the extra bridge is over near where the Red base teleporter would lead to, and the new vehicles and energy sword you can get by using dev mode and then cheat_all_weapons & cheat_all_vehicles. It the Halo 1 energy sword though, not Halo 2, so its held like a gun rather than like an energy sword should be.

General Machinima Discussions » Sidewinder Squad Apr 7, 2008 09:47 AM (Total replies: 29)

It also has several different vehicles, an energy sword, and an extra bridge. Other than that, yeah, seems the same. I don't think that anyone can use bump_possession and be effected by it other than the host though, so why the bipeds? Unless you have that code for giving other people dev...

General Machinima Discussions » Sidewinder Squad Apr 5, 2008 12:03 PM (Total replies: 29)

Umm... I'd like to join. Could I be Primaries leader? I can't really think of a name right now... Zeph maybe?

I've got access to adobe premier 6.5 every thursday, and tuesday too if I need it, so I can help with editing as well if you'd like.

General Machinima Discussions » NEW Machinima Series called The 6 Feb 22, 2008 12:30 PM (Total replies: 33)

I've had a try at both Movie Maker and Adobe (its an older version, but I'm not sure which one) and I like Adobe better, although I've only got access to it on Tuesdays and Thursdays. As I say, I'm kinda new to this, so I'm not particularly good at either, but I can do most basic stuff and figure out anything I don't know about yet.

Also, I have an Xfire now, tis just called "Wokeg".

General Machinima Discussions » NEW Machinima Series called The 6 Feb 21, 2008 05:47 PM (Total replies: 33)

Full edition Fraps, and access to Adobe for editing, although I don't quite know my way around yet.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Help with bipeds Feb 20, 2008 05:33 PM (Total replies: 3)

Thank you! Thats even better than I'd hoped for! :), you've made a simple newb very happy!

General Machinima Discussions » NEW Machinima Series called The 6 Feb 20, 2008 05:23 PM (Total replies: 33)

Ummm...I can film, I expect I could act, and certainly do a British accent (Unless you mean cockney...Although I've never heard someone actually talk like that). I'm up for anything you could use me for, but I don't have an Xfire yet...

Oh, I can also design forums on Invisionfree, if that's of any use.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Help with bipeds Feb 20, 2008 05:10 PM (Total replies: 3)

Hi,
I'm a new-ish person to the world of CE and I've just got into making machinima, with a few friends. I've spent the last couple of weeks browsing around, trying to get everything I needed to start filming, and finally I'm down to my last requirement: the map. I've hunted around, but there's nothing like this already in existance (other than grunt attack 2, which isn't much good as the AI grunts respawn when you do object_destroy_all), and my feeble attempts at using the HEK, as well as HEK +, have failed miserably. And I'm seriously understating there, I can't even seem to add an object in Sapien (I know what to do, but when I press the buttons it doesn't add itself). Anyway, I thought I'd ask if anyone minded helping a newb out (please, please, I know I sound like I'm really lazy, but I've honestly tried my best) by swapping a biped for me. Sorry if this is in violation of the rules, I couldn't see anything against it, other than the "go to tutorials" thing, and as I've already tried several and can't see what I'm doing wrong, I thought I might as well register and ask.

The map I wanted the biped on is this:
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3496

The biped I wanted is this:
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3358

P.S
I thought this was map-design over Machinima, so I put it here...?

Time: Wed April 23, 2014 8:39 PM 235 ms.
A Halo Maps Website