A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: DieHard Bob
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 10, 2012 07:34 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
i rule
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
DieHard Bob has contributed to 400 posts out of 469376 total posts (.09%) in 5,066 days (.08 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE servers being shut down Dec 10, 2012 07:34 PM (Total replies: 335)

Well this isn't good to hear. Did I see somebody trying to work on a replacement server browser in here earlier in the thread?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 4 new trailer Mar 14, 2012 07:50 PM (Total replies: 46)

On the topic of AA's, seeing as none are shown in the trailer to my knowledge, I can only come to two conclusions. One, of course, is that 343 realized they were much more of a problem as a feature in Reach than they were a benifit in terms of how happy the community was, so they ditched them for the most part.. Aside from maybe a minor campaign section something like how certain vehicles in Halo 3 only appeared for a short period of time to make missions interesting. On the other hand, if they are still in the game, there's a good chance 343 hid them on purpose with the intent of preventing any community uproar for the time being.

Personally, I hope AA's are burried in a very deep hole and glassed.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo:CEA some changes. Oct 19, 2011 08:01 PM (Total replies: 338)

Quote: --- Original message by: TM_updates

I wish it was possible to license the blam! engine for use in your own projects.

Btw: check out this interesting preview of Halo 4's concept art, has some links to Halo: CE events!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAKmu2yn3Fk
Edited by TM_updates on Oct 19, 2011 at 06:05 PM
*admin corrected link
Edited by Dennis on Oct 19, 2011 at 06:25 PM

I like how it turns into Inception at 1:01

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo:CEA some changes. Oct 19, 2011 05:13 PM (Total replies: 338)

My point in starting this whole mess is that we have done some damn impressive things with Halo using what WE have to work with, which, in retrospect, is a heck of a lot less than some of the people who built the damn game in first place, and have worked on it's successors for years.

That is why Halo: CEA will most likely not make me say "WOW, look at that" with the little extra's 343 has stuck into with it, nor with the remade maps because, when you break it down to tools available and experience, and then compare that to the tools people of the Halo community have developed themselves, along with their own methods of manipulating the engine to do what they want it to using makeshift methods.. You would have to try pretty hard to not realize just how impressive the thousands of community made maps and mods that we have assembled as a community really is.

Quote: --- Original message by: Bobblehob
regardless of the end result which is the graphical upgrade, everything they have done to achieve it is more that this community has. Stop acting like such an ass.

How you can say a year of whipping up a graphics engine and throwing in a few gimmicky features is greater than 6-7 years of hard work is far, far beyond my realm of understanding.
Edited by DieHard Bob on Oct 19, 2011 at 05:18 PM
Edited by DieHard Bob on Oct 19, 2011 at 05:19 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo:CEA some changes. Oct 18, 2011 03:16 PM (Total replies: 338)

Quote: --- Original message by: Bobblehob
Ive been around alot longer than you think man, just not on this site. And no, very little of what CMT is doing is on par with CEA, in general, the vast majority of the content from this community goes towards remaking newer halo games, and even then, the quality does not come close.

The only other real exception besides CMT's visual work, is the gameplay design of Lumoria, but even then, it doesn't outdo the original campaign :P
Edited by Bobblehob on Oct 18, 2011 at 02:36 AM

Oh? And where were you at? I might remember you from one of the other websites, if you tell me a name.. Always interesting remembering old users. :P

To each his own with regards to quality and entertainment.. I personally find Lumoria to be one of the least interesting things I have ever played in CE. The level design mixes things up a bit, but there isn't really any life to the story that I can find.

So in conclusion, Yes, in my opinion, the quality and overall entertainment factor of some of the submissions to the Halo CE community since release exceed some (I stress some, not all) of Bungies work as a whole, but by the looks of Halo CEA, those same submissions beat it by a mile.

Not saying CEA will be a bad game. Just saying that we've already got it beat.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo:CEA some changes. Oct 18, 2011 02:04 AM (Total replies: 338)

Not to go all Elitist on you or anything, but you've been here since last year. I've been here since 2005.

I've seen some pretty crazy stuff. Things geared towards the community that 343 could never come close to matching. (I'm not necessarily talking graphics here, but CMT is doing a fair amount of winning when compared to the HCA team to their own respect.

Anywho, laptop is dying and it's 3am, time for bed.
Edited by DieHard Bob on Oct 18, 2011 at 02:07 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo:CEA some changes. Oct 18, 2011 01:37 AM (Total replies: 338)

I just finished watching the following Trailer/Promo thing for Halo: CEA, and I have to say I'm a bit less excited. Not because the game looks worse... But because the whole time I really got the feeling that the 343 team members were full of themselves the way they were talking about it. Why? Not because I though they did a bad job. (I actually think they did a great job designing the thing)... But because, as they might not know and always fail to acknowledge, we've been redesigning this game for years on our own. It kind of seems like there isn't really anything they could throw at me that isn't gimmicky DLC or that Kinect feature that I wouldn't have already seen on here before already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ROZDEdi1Sg&feature=player_embedded#!

I'll still pick up the game to get a feel for what 343 is all about, and to help me judge if I'll get behind Halo 4.. But I'm not expecting mariacles.
Edited by DieHard Bob on Oct 18, 2011 at 02:02 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Back to the Future Delorian Oct 13, 2011 12:32 AM (Total replies: 18)

Set the clocks to September 14, 2010 and wind up in Hemmorage.

Nice work/hat, by the way.
Edited by DieHard Bob on Oct 13, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [COMPARASON] Blood Gulch vs Hemmorage Oct 12, 2011 09:09 PM (Total replies: 30)

Quote: --- Original message by: Emile18769

I could probably do that. Already got the Zero Bloom gametype, just gotta set the vehicles to invunerable, melee to 75% etc...
What's your gamertag?

Hey, Sorry for the late reply. My gamertag is the same as my name one here, DieHard Bob.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Oct 10, 2011 04:09 AM (Total replies: 12123)

That makes me laugh at how much better CMT's stuff actually looks than those Halo: Aniversary Edition weapons.

I love this place.

EDIT:
Heck, if we could keep a mapping team together for more than a month these days, we could probably do Halo 4 better than 343.
Edited by DieHard Bob on Oct 10, 2011 at 04:12 AM
Edited by DieHard Bob on Oct 10, 2011 at 04:12 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [COMPARASON] Blood Gulch vs Hemmorage Oct 10, 2011 03:45 AM (Total replies: 30)

I don't see why people are complaining, it's neat to have a side by side comparison.

Also, while I'm here, I just remembered I've been working on Hemorage to make it behave like Blood Gulch.. Does anybody know of any Good pre-configured custom gametypes that would give me similar gameplay to CE? (Indestructable vehicles, no bloom, ect.) CTF would be preferred. That would save me a bit of work in testing the map.
Edited by DieHard Bob on Oct 10, 2011 at 03:46 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » HALO 4 Jun 11, 2011 12:22 PM (Total replies: 224)

Let me ask all of you this; You like some or all of the AA's. But what did you all like more; Halo Reach, or Halo 3?

I was going to say something else here as well, but I forget. :P

Halo CE General Discussion » HALO 4 Jun 10, 2011 06:43 PM (Total replies: 224)

Quote: --- Original message by: The Cereal Killer
Quote: --- Original message by: DieHard Bob
Halo wasn't made for jetpacks and on-demand invincibility.. It was made to be fun and simple. (Not simple as in easy, simple as in not having to worry about whether this guy you were about to ambush was going to dissapear. Or end up being a hologram. Or decide to just up and fly away.)

That's not the point, the point is that you can't blame them for including something in the trailer that was in the story already.

Oh, no, I can't blame them for showing off some kind of jetpack in the CGI trailer. I could care less if they had grunts flying around, for that matter. What I do care about is what they actually put in the game.

Halo CE General Discussion » HALO 4 Jun 10, 2011 06:12 PM (Total replies: 224)

Halo wasn't made for jetpacks and on-demand invincibility.. It was made to be fun and simple. (Not simple as in easy, simple as in not having to worry about whether this guy you were about to ambush was going to dissapear. Or end up being a hologram. Or decide to just up and fly away.)

Halo CE General Discussion » HALO 4 Jun 10, 2011 05:17 PM (Total replies: 224)

It amuses me that people treat older game series' like they would a dying animal or something.

"OH GOD THIS HAS GONE ON FOR LONG ENOUGH PUT IT OUT OF IT'S MISERY."

Sorry if this was a bad example for anyone.

Also ICEE, I think that Jetpack was more of a "Space only" thing; something he had that he could use in space to push himself around in a tight situation, but not nearly strong enough to break the gravitational pull of a planet and lift him off of the ground.

Personally, I'm hoping they just forget the whole thing. I can't handle another Halo game with AA's.

EDIT: Does anybody know if 343 will be getting a Website/Has one that I can't find? I'm going to start a campaign against AA's on their forums. :V
Edited by DieHard Bob on Jun 10, 2011 at 06:08 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE Remake! Jun 10, 2011 05:11 PM (Total replies: 423)

*post deleted by admin for rules violation
READ THE RULES:
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=2979

Bypassed profanity filter
Edited by Dennis on Jun 12, 2011 at 03:42 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE Remake! Jun 10, 2011 01:17 AM (Total replies: 423)

What're you two talking about? I see no Spanish in here aside from maybe that Que. And that's not even a sentence.

Halo CE General Discussion » HALO 4 Jun 10, 2011 12:13 AM (Total replies: 224)

Quote: --- Original message by: flyingpenguin117
They have to put more effort into Halo 4 than into a remake of the first one. They have 5 months, so do you really think that they can fix and polish everything and make a qhole new multiplayer setup for the game? They will more than likely make a new one for Halo 4, its just that HCE remake is just a remake, and reach has only been out for 9 months, so one would be completely abandoned.

This isn't a question of effort I am rasing here, it is a question of gameplay mechanics. Namely, will Halo 4 be a carbon copy of a previous Halo title, if so which one, or will it be totally on it's own as a new game. (New game as in one that follows the style of either reach or 1-3) And for all we know, the Halo CE remake could have been in the works for over a year by now; more than enough time to set up a multiplayer system that works for everyone. Bungie stated that the main reason they were keeping the Reach engine's multiplayer was to drag people over from Reach. They never said anything about re-working Halo CE's multiplayer being that big of an issue.

Now that I think about it, it's not so much what engine they are using for Multiplayer as much as how they will use it. If it's just a carbon copy of Reach, then I will really start to worry.
Edited by DieHard Bob on Jun 10, 2011 at 12:15 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » HALO 4 Jun 9, 2011 11:29 PM (Total replies: 224)

I just had a scary thought for most of us..

You know how Bungie has stated that they are keeping Reach Multiplayer in the Halo CE Remake (derp) because they want to keep the Reach Fanbase? Well, what does this mean for Halo 4, 5, and 6?

First off, things from my point of view. Halo 1, 2, and 3 were what I'd like to call each a unique experience that used the same formula and art design to deliver a farmiller feel. Now, Reach came in and changed this, adding new and often unnessacary aspects to the gameplay itself, as well as the art style, ect, in an attempt to create a new experience. And sure, a crapload of people play it. But as with all games, when a new title in a series is released, people flock to the newer game, because that it is where the new updates and community content (Machinima ect) are going to be taking place.

Now onto my point. 343 has used Reach's multiplayer for the Halo CE remake. This scares me. Why? Because it makes me feel that they are not confident enough with themselves to make completely original content for Halo 4. And what is the most recent Halo game with a large player base they could copy off of?

... Yeah.
Edited by DieHard Bob on Jun 9, 2011 at 11:30 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE Remake! Jun 9, 2011 10:33 PM (Total replies: 423)

Quote: --- Original message by: HaloIsAHorribleGane
nay I'm good bro bout to eat some bad ass burgers after a hard day of assuring quality

Time: Tue October 15, 2019 4:19 PM 218 ms.
A Halo Maps Website