A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Arteen
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 18, 2014 07:35 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
Arteen has contributed to 425 posts out of 469376 total posts (.09%) in 4,240 days (.10 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » IGN's Daily MCC Blowout Oct 18, 2014 07:35 PM (Total replies: 98)

There was a big thread about Bloodline's appearance on HBO. It's so drab and depressing right now. Someone really needs to slap 343i's environment artists.

I really wish we got something closer to this:

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Sep 27, 2014 08:18 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: RabbitFood
Ya know, Masterz, what exactly is your job in the CMT? I only have a very broad view of what you do (Or at least what I think you do) and that's editing and changing things like AI and weapon spawns for better gameplay.

His job is to make everyone else miserable until they do their job.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 31, 2014 07:41 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337

I was the last person in the line before they said no more questions :(, you can see my in a white short sleeved collared red shirt.

Nooooooooooooo!

Halo CE General Discussion » The effort put into maps Aug 20, 2014 05:25 PM (Total replies: 15)

On one hand, maps are usually premium content. Since only a small segment of the audience is willing to pay for map packs, DLC maps cost proportionally more than base maps.

On the other hand, modern maps do take an incredible amount of effort, even with all the modern tools to assist creation. The art, the design, the continual playtesting and reworking, the use of heatmaps and other analysis tools and so forth mean that maps take substantially more time, effort and talent to create than what even the best mappers have put out in CE. Honestly, I can think of only a handful of Custom Edition maps that match the quality of the stock Halo 1 maps, and that's not much of a high bar.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 10, 2014 11:23 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Unless when the gravity grenade detonates it applies 9.8 m/s^2 downward acceleration on all objects within its blast radius, it'd make more sense to call it something like singularity grenade (since it creates a singularity) or vortex grenade (since it acts similarly to the cut "vortex" equipment from Halo 3).

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 8, 2014 11:05 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: austen1000
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan_234
So what are the TSC:E's team plans after TSC:E is released.

Some are retiring, some are working on SPV3, some are working on the next evolved map for SPV3.

My gut still tells me the next Evolved map will be The Library. Anyways, will the next Evolved map recieve the SPV3 treatment after its initial release, like TSC:E will?

There will be twelve floors in the new Library, each one slightly different from the last!

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 4, 2014 09:32 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Halo 1 has a simple story but the world-building is fantastic.

Halo 2 is a mess.

Halo 3's story is okay, but most of it feels like filler and the conclusions to both the Covenant and the Flood are unsatisfying.

ODST is a bit lacking, but it's easily carried by its great cast of characters.

Halo Wars is campy fun.

Reach has easily the worst story and characters and it's full of nonsense.

Halo 4 is dumb.

Halo CE General Discussion » Map Selection for the Halo CE ART website Aug 1, 2014 11:25 PM (Total replies: 9)

Just a completely random collection of maps I thought looked nice.

Destiny - http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4681

Mousetrap - http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5399

Vestigial - http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5401

Ruins - http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5400

Augur - http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5398

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 1, 2014 10:47 PM (Total replies: 12123)

a30 spv3 is 98% different from spv2.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jul 25, 2014 09:48 PM (Total replies: 12123)

The impaler is easily my favorite gun in the game.

It fires homing impalas, naturally.

Halo CE General Discussion » WIP Gridiron Jul 25, 2014 07:58 PM (Total replies: 224)

That map looks gorgeous.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jul 25, 2014 07:53 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: P3
Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Quote: --- Original message by: P3
Also for the rocket hog or which ever that one was that was in the trailer, can you guys not make the yellow strips so large and noticable? It's kind of distracting and to me, kind of ugly. :l Can't it be something like thin highlighted strips?

Well the stock rocket Warthog had some pretty big yellow stripes on it, too.

I know. Never liked it very much either. :l

We'll change it to hot pink if you'd like that more.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Apr 22, 2014 03:54 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: greg079
Quote: --- Original message by: Delicon20
My request is just put a good effort into making the flood horrifying by today's standards.
Edited by Delicon20 on Apr 18, 2014 at 05:23 PM

seconded.

Make them play like Halo 2!

That'd be pretty horrifying.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Mar 20, 2014 09:19 PM (Total replies: 12123)

This thread never disappoints.

Or always disappoints. It's one of those.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Feb 8, 2014 02:35 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: spiral

we still need to finish the Grizzly

canister shell ability?

And power turret.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Dec 26, 2011 06:49 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: LMT Heretic
i dont think load outs are good for campaign... if so bungie would have add them in mission like new alexandria or winter contingency

Reach was a mess, so there isn't a reason to put much stock in "how Bungie did it".

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Oct 17, 2011 06:53 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: TM_updates
What's the point in being able to do bsp switches in MP? It's not like AI sync or anything. I could see a use for elevators but that's about it. Don't think you need to worry about the player base being split up over just one somewhat useful feature.

It wasn't synchronized or anything, but the old CMT multiplayer maps used bsp switches.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Oct 11, 2011 06:27 PM (Total replies: 12123)

I'm not sure there's even a place for it in campaign anymore, but we'll see.

I spy Mousetrap.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Sep 5, 2011 08:03 AM (Total replies: 12123)

I really don't see gravity hammers working that well in CE, with its primitive physics engine. I'd rather just see a usable sword.

Time: Wed October 16, 2019 2:29 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website