A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: C y b o r G
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 30, 2009 09:06 AM
Interests:
Your Age: I'm invincible.....D@mn It!
What Games do you play: What do you think???
I CARE About YOUR Opinion!!

Post Statistics
C y b o r G has contributed to 75 posts out of 469655 total posts (.02%) in 4,288 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sprites... Aug 30, 2009 09:06 AM (Total replies: 0)

How do you make sprites for say, muzzle flashes and explosions?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » HUD questions Aug 20, 2009 11:31 AM (Total replies: 6)

they are the same bitmaps, except on the meter there's the gradient in the alpha.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/3489/hudwtf.jpg

Also, how do I make the visor more opaque?
Edited by C y b o r G on Aug 20, 2009 at 01:21 PM
Edited by C y b o r G on Aug 20, 2009 at 01:23 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » HUD questions Aug 20, 2009 10:30 AM (Total replies: 6)

the anchor point for both are x:0 y:0; and thanks for the quick reply.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » HUD questions Aug 20, 2009 07:22 AM (Total replies: 6)

why does this happen -> http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/3496/whyb.jpg

and ow do I get a visor overlay on the hud? any thoughts? pre-thanks to all that answer

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How do I get "pull up" on the smg? Aug 16, 2009 12:44 PM (Total replies: 3)

Just as it states how do I get pull up on the smg?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvOv8SXQZuk

sweet

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Oh boy, do I have questions... Aug 14, 2009 01:54 PM (Total replies: 7)

this is what I get :0 ----> http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/2285/thisiswhathappens.gif

how they're set up ---> http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/4130/photoshopwbu.jpg

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Oh boy, do I have questions... Aug 14, 2009 09:58 AM (Total replies: 7)

any thoughts on how to do C or D??

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Oh boy, do I have questions... Aug 14, 2009 09:42 AM (Total replies: 7)

make it into a sprite. I have the smoke and muzzle flash bitmap; all I did to them is turn them red.

And yes from scratch, and I did set it in the .weapon tag.
Edited by C y b o r G on Aug 14, 2009 at 09:45 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » HUD - Works in Process thread [WIP] Aug 14, 2009 09:39 AM (Total replies: 1707)

Quote: --- Original message by: jesse

Made a meter for CMT's Ma5k. (H2 hud).

It's my own, as i designed, alpha'ed, and drew it myself.
Edited by jesse on Aug 11, 2009 at 10:07 PM

Ha. Nice FP hands
Edited by C y b o r G on Aug 14, 2009 at 09:49 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Kornman00 is leaving... :( Aug 14, 2009 07:17 AM (Total replies: 12)

After many years of dedication good ol' Kornman is leaving the halo community. "I will be stepping down from all Halo 1 activities. Meaning I will not help with nor continually develop for the game or it's platform freely. I'm not sure if I'm totally stepping out (publicly) of the Halo business yet, but chances are any future endeavors I make with the games will be done privately to help support and prototype for a totally non-Halo game\project. Something is coming up for me which requires a pretty radical adjustment in what I focus on in my free time and thus my actively managed projects will be taking a hit. They've already been taking a hit, but it hasn't been until now that I was able to determine what continues and what stops.
I can assure however, that in less than a year from now that my public services for the Halo games will be nulled completely. While the exact date to me is unknown at this point in time, I am considering releasing some of the information I've mined on the games when the day comes. It won't be all I know, that would take too long to compile into something comprehending, and as I said, I'm not taking on anything new with the games. Plus powerpoint would choke. I'll probably do a more "formal" adios post then, but until then, WYSIWYG."

read more --->> http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16237

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Oh boy, do I have questions... Aug 14, 2009 06:11 AM (Total replies: 7)

Yea, as the title states I've got some questions. A: I'm trying to make new smoke and muzzle flash sprites for a brute plasma rifle, but I have no idea how I'd make those kind of sprites. B: How could I change the ammo meters from, well, ammo meters to words. Like "press '' to pick up the *weapon name*" C: I've redone the sniper rifle animations, although when the reload-full animation is done, It takes the same amount of time as the original animations for the ammo meter to fill up and for me to be able to shoot. How do I fix that? D: Also I've redone the needler animations, I want the needles to be extendeded at frame 16. but in my ammunition.jmo I made them all up at 16, but they still don't come up till the end. ugh alot of questions, sorry. thanks to all that help.

To you what defines an overall good map? Do new/better high poly, improved weapon textures and new\better animations sway any opinions? Or, is a good map...well good, just because it's fun? Or, maybe it's a combo of the both. Spill your thoughts.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » General Mapping questions. Aug 1, 2009 11:38 AM (Total replies: 3)

Ok, so I've modeled 2 maps. Both of which have been STL Checked in editable poly and editable mesh with 0 errors. But when I try to compile them I get like 100+ errors. Are there any tips for modeling maps that don't have conflicts with the engine??

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Needler Animations? Jul 28, 2009 02:33 PM (Total replies: 1)

I have redone the needler animations but, in the reload animation the needles come out at the end, I want them to come up at a certain frame. I'm guessing it's a jmo, but i don't know what animation would do that. Anyone??

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Serious animation problem... Jul 25, 2009 06:04 AM (Total replies: 1)

Ok, so here's my problem. I'm doing new animations for the battle rifle, frame gun is linked to r hand wrist. But with the animations I'm replacing frame gun is linked to frame node 24. So when I try to test them in game everything is messed up. Also, when I try just using the animations I compiled in tool (without replacing animations from another gun) the gun doesn't show up! I've tried replacing animations from other guns, but everything is still messed up. Is there anyway to get the anims to work??

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » over-heating question Jul 24, 2009 06:05 PM (Total replies: 2)

yes, but think of this; if those values are changed then the balance between Plasma rifle and assault rifle would be off immensely

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » over-heating question Jul 24, 2009 05:56 PM (Total replies: 2)

how do you make overheating take less time? the animations should do that job, but they don't. my overheating is 45 frames, overheated is 1 frame, and overheat exit is 30. So, why in game does the overheated animation still take 50 frames?(the original length of time for overheating)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Where's the assault rifle sound?? Jul 14, 2009 06:12 AM (Total replies: 3)

Where exactly is the sound tag kept for the ar? I've looked in the .weapon tag @ everything; animation, firing effect, and the sound doesn't get replaced, it just overlays the original. and help??

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How do you sync sound to an animation?? Jul 13, 2009 12:19 AM (Total replies: 0)

Iv'e redone the assault rifle animations and I was wondering how to sync sounds to match em. (they're different frames then the orig)

Time: Fri January 17, 2020 10:45 AM 641 ms.
A Halo Maps Website