A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: HolyShiz
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 14, 2009 04:04 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 14
What Games do you play: Halo, Halo CE, All the GTA's, Unreal Tournament, etc.
Uber-Noob!(-ish)
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
HolyShiz has contributed to 78 posts out of 465378 total posts (.02%) in 4,341 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Binding weapons onto Bipeds Jun 14, 2009 04:04 AM (Total replies: 5)

Well it's been about a year....I figured it out on my own due to forgetting to go here in such a long time.

Other than that, thanks anyways all of you, took me a week to figure it out but anyways I was just trying to make it so it would replace the original no weapons first person view and actions and such, like on a10 when you start off in the cryotube, and when you walk out your fists are hung low and you can't do anything with them. I was just aiming for that and also a thought of if you're horrible enough to run out of ammo or whatever that you'd switch to the unarmed mode with melee only until you pick up another weapon. I've had it now though, but thanks still.
Edited by HolyShiz on Jun 14, 2009 at 04:05 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Post Your Xfire Or 360 Names Here Guys Apr 20, 2009 12:04 AM (Total replies: 100)

Whoa...I have not been here in a long time...

XFIRE: holyshiz

XBL GT: HolyShiz

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » sound help Sep 3, 2008 09:59 PM (Total replies: 2)

Um...probably edit the weapon that the hunter uses? I'm not entirely sure but yeah something like that...

Ok, you can ignore the "07.10.08 13:07:59 Couldn't read map file './sapienbeta.map'" part, and frankly, you should either:

A: Reinstall HEK

or

B: Let l283023 become the genius of the day and let him answer to your question O_o

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » HOW DO I MAKE A STARTUP MOVIE???!!? Jul 30, 2008 06:57 PM (Total replies: 19)

If you can record it with fraps or another video recorder tool, it usually remakes it into an .avi file.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Halo 3 Elephant Model - Max 8 Jul 27, 2008 12:54 AM (Total replies: 34)

How can you get new internet? There's only one! And it's called.....THE INTERNET! :O

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » missing tag?? Jul 8, 2008 12:26 AM (Total replies: 1)

Ummm, dude, the picture says "ui_tags_loaded_multiplayer_scenario_type.tag_collection" while your Debug.txt error says "ui_tags_loaded_mainmenu_scenario_type.tag_collection".

You should read it more specifically.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Binding weapons onto Bipeds Jul 8, 2008 12:20 AM (Total replies: 5)

Although this may be a stupid question: How do I bind a weapon onto a biped....
....I'm trying to place the barefisted tags onto the masterchief in campaign.

BareFisted v2 Tags: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3244

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Rag-doll physics on a biped Jul 8, 2008 12:15 AM (Total replies: 18)

Oh, well then I will wait for Kornman's software.

...unless there's an option for it in 3dsmax 8? O_o

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Rag-doll physics on a biped Jul 7, 2008 11:14 PM (Total replies: 18)

Then how'd Malolo420 do it? O_o

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Rag-doll physics on a biped Jul 7, 2008 11:11 PM (Total replies: 18)

Is it a download link or something? If so, do I need to register there?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Rag-doll physics on a biped Jul 7, 2008 11:06 PM (Total replies: 18)

This map has rag doll physics when the biped dies O_o

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3757

(otherwise DMT OD Waterworks by Malolo420)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Rag-doll physics on a biped Jul 7, 2008 10:57 PM (Total replies: 18)

How do I install rag-doll physics on a biped (when it dies, or at any time, I'll test out both/either)?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » "Can't read map file 'toolbeta.map'" Jul 6, 2008 03:24 AM (Total replies: 11)

I don't know about the triangles stuff, probably to deal with what Vick Jr said but I know that the toolbeta.map are just false errors, and I think you can disable it by making a .txt file, and saving it as "toolbeta.map" (or something alongside that).

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Animations Creation Help Jul 6, 2008 01:18 AM (Total replies: 0)

Hey, I was wondering how to make animations like the cutscenes in the Halo Campaign levels. Anyone have help?

By the way, I'm a lousy searcher, but I looked through the "tutorials" section.

For night vision, you need the attributes the sniper rifle has, some stuff about SFX or whatever, I don't bother with this, but you also need to edit the zoom looks and all.

NOTE: If I repeated what you did already, ignore this

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » R U N XPERT? help me! Jul 4, 2008 03:20 PM (Total replies: 3)

Here's a tutorial on the "vehicle bypass" script or whatever you guys call it:

LINK: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2519

And if you want to skip the learning proccess (momentarily for the time being):

LINK: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2831
(for HaloGuru's Halo Scripter, v2)

I just had a guess, and although somebody has probably thought of this already, but can't you convert .ASS files to .JMS or any other file type to convert H2 objects/scenarios/etc. to HCE? Or am what I'm thinking is totally different?

PS: I used to have vista, got rid of it, and I barely looked at the HEK thing for Halo 2 Vista.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Is it possible? Jun 30, 2008 08:35 PM (Total replies: 2)

Um....I don't know much about this stuff, but why don't you just rename the older one "hud_item_messages2.unicode_strings_list" and the newer one "hud_item_messages.unicode_strings_list" ? It probably isn't much of a hassle to do, or if not, look inside the actual scenario or structure_bsp and look around for the section of the hud_item_messages.unicode_strings_list.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » AI holding Dual Weapons? Jun 29, 2008 05:44 PM (Total replies: 3)

If it has to do something with reading where the tags needs to be placed, I think you need the tags in C:\.....Halo Custom Edition\Tags\CMT\Characters\ and from there place the character bipeds in there, and weapons is everything but the characters thing.

Time: Sun April 5, 2020 8:15 AM 266 ms.
A Halo Maps Website