A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Dark Ninja
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 19, 2008 08:49 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 15
What Games do you play: Halo CE, 2, and 3, CoD4, Star Wars, GTA4
The internet shows how stupid people are.

Post Statistics
Dark Ninja has contributed to 436 posts out of 469375 total posts (.09%) in 4,160 days (.10 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » I'm starting a mapping team Sep 8, 2008 09:05 PM (Total replies: 12)

Everytime someone tries to start a team, others come and say "You have no idea what you're doing, give up now, don't bother until you actually show something we think is good." If he wants to start a team, he can. He's going to gain experience and learn, something most people here can't seem to understand, (no offense).

I'd help, but I don't think I'd ever have time to help with a team. Metal gear solid stuff would be great, I've thought about that too. Like a box and barrel as a vehicle that doesn't show on the radar. I've really wanted that game, but I don't have a PS3, for MGS4.

They're the same person XD

Halo CE General Discussion » halo ce maps wth AI Sep 2, 2008 08:24 PM (Total replies: 12)

vehicle_unload

For pelican, if you named the vehicle "pelican", it's
vehicle_unload pelican rider.

It makes everyone get out of the pelican passenger seats.
Edited by Dark Ninja on Sep 2, 2008 at 08:25 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Temporary [WIP] (work in progress) Thread Aug 31, 2008 10:07 PM (Total replies: 182)

Nice shotty, disaster. Bad post, chains.

Scrabbles/chains, the fighting just stopped and you're going to start a new one with blake and advancebo? That's gonna be another 2 or 3 pages of flaming.

Ugh, whatever, no one is going to listen.
Edited by Dark Ninja on Aug 29, 2008 at 09:43 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Two new maps: Batalla and Counter-attack. Aug 29, 2008 08:45 PM (Total replies: 28)

The dacay-lo maps. They have horrible models, with just one color, like light blue, and the bipeds are the chief with a cat or a dog head. It just looks like some little kid did it as a first map, and uploaded it thinking it'll make him look "super cool".

Halo CE General Discussion » Two new maps: Batalla and Counter-attack. Aug 29, 2008 08:33 PM (Total replies: 28)

There's also that decoy-whatever maps. I just read part of the description and the author, and saw the pics, and it already looked suckish. The author was Adolif, so it already made it look stupid. I remember that Jew Dozer and that stupid Nazi thread.

Amazing. Any time someone posts any work or tries to start a team, they get insulted, ridiculed, and then others just keep coming back over and over just to continue it. And why is it that all the "veteran" members act immature and stupid to anyone trying something new? Only donut has ever acted the right way. Apparently the process of learning doesn't mean anything to any one. And also, why is it that being nice to someone and making a good comment on their work considered "sugar coating"? It seems to me that new members are nicer and more mature than older ones.

I'm sorry you have to put up with this crap, blake. I guess there's only few mature people online, on any website.

Halo CE General Discussion » a10 models Aug 25, 2008 05:52 PM (Total replies: 7)

You use the HEK+ to get the GBXmodel, then use the GBXmodel importer to put it in max. http://ghost.halomaps.org/bluestreak/gbxmodel/

Halo CE General Discussion » a10 models Aug 25, 2008 05:33 PM (Total replies: 7)

Use the HEK+ to extract everything, then pick out what you want.

Halo CE General Discussion » what happend the last 3 months? Aug 24, 2008 10:52 PM (Total replies: 29)

Well, many spammers came, Dennis made the forum private to make changes, everyone flames each other in every thread, with or without reason, CMT made a thread about releasing old content-more flaming, Selentic and chains got banned, chains made a new account called scrables, sinned got mad, made a topic, and left-also more flaming...........It's been great.

Halo CE General Discussion » suggestions? Aug 24, 2008 11:42 AM (Total replies: 10)

Covenant's canyon public beta 1, ghp danger canyon 4, attack on covenant base 1/2 :D
mutliplayer maps with AI aren't that great.

Halo CE General Discussion » Nightvision. A simple Question. Aug 21, 2008 07:34 PM (Total replies: 9)

If you want night goggles, you could make a weapon that can't shoot, check the "enables night vision" flag, give a zoom, and there you have it.
Maybe if you gave zoom, but a low magnification level, like 0 or 1, you could have night vision without a zoom, but when you get hit, it goes out.

To haloslayer-I think it's done in guerrilla.

To someonenotimportant-When you place the object, under what object it is, there's a rectangle called "name". That's where you type in cloak

To Me KS-I know. The sleep command has to be made longer. I think to make it work right the sleep command needs to be 1650. Since 30=1 sec.

To make it continuous.

(script continuous <script name>
(begin
(blah)
(blah)
(blah)
)
)

It'll keep repeating it from the start when it finishes. And the sleep command should be 1650, not 300. Because by the time the cloak wears off, you can immediately use it again, so that's just for an extra waiting time.
Edited by Dark Ninja on Aug 19, 2008 at 07:45 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Extinction2 WIP official thread Aug 19, 2008 02:53 PM (Total replies: 2618)

I agree that the wheels should be changed. But it's supposed to have rockets and it's supposed to be a ground vehicle. Maybe make it like the wolverine from Halo Wars? The anti-air tank thing.

To create the right thing, you give a name to what you want to spawn, and do the object_create <name>. So yes, that's what you do.

I say yes, since active camo is used online. You'd probably need 16 different scripts, and I don't know how many you can have.

Halo CE General Discussion » Extinction2 WIP official thread Aug 19, 2008 11:25 AM (Total replies: 2618)

Wait, he accidentally deleted everything? What happened? Did he highlight everything in every section, press the delete button on accident, and then save it, on accident? Or did something else happen? He said he was deleting some stuff, then everything got deleted. If the map got deleted, dig around in the recycling bin. This is where an UNDO button would come in handy. And as someone else suggested, get the most recent beta and start from that, unless you did that already.
And the object in the distance looks like he put it there using paint.
Edited by Dark Ninja on Aug 19, 2008 at 11:26 AM

These are the tutorials I used to learn to script.
Wiki Tutorials
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2228
Polar Bear SP tutorials
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2231
This is for cutscenes
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1257
TaterSalads tutorials
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2567
And the best thing to use is the big book of scripts
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1249
And I also had scripting questions answered by Dark Zealot and drillinstructor.
When you make a script, you use notepad, or some other writing tool, or the easy halo scripter. http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2831. Then when you're done, you save it in Halo CE\data\*map_name*\scripts, as a .hsc file. Make sure to change the .txt to all files.

Quote: --- Original message by: ty
Hey, could you use extra controls for other actions? (for example: if you look in the control setup you'll find "exchange weapon" automaticly set as X even though most people prefer pressing E to pick up weapons.)

I'm not sure. It might be possible, since the super scorpion has different buttons for different actions.

Time: Tue October 15, 2019 3:55 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website