A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Solocord
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 30, 2011 02:35 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
im what happens when you play with fire.
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Solocord has contributed to 147 posts out of 469281 total posts (.03%) in 4,099 days (.04 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » New Mapping Project:: Alpha Base Nov 30, 2011 02:35 AM (Total replies: 6)

Post any relevant information you need/want to its a communty project

Halo CE General Discussion » Reopening: Scorpion Laser Variant Nov 26, 2011 06:19 PM (Total replies: 21)

Before i start posting my take on the new ideas i have ill say this; I am back and going back to work on this. we need someone to help me set the tank to charge before it fires like a regular spartan laser. and a model for it.

Maybe one that still looks relatively the same as a tank main changes being in the area of the main gun. Red Pulsating Lights along the sides of the barrel to make it seem like the laser is being stored in the barrel itself. and the customary UNSC Designations on the sides of the thing eg, UNSC M890 LBT "Laser Battle Tank". The gun is going to need someone to model rig animate tag texturise and all that.

If at all possible id like to make it have seperate gun turrets on the front left and right for some players to sit in and fire at enemies from as a point defense area. The tank's secondary weapon should be the equivalent of the 3 Barreled chaingun on the Warthogs.

Once we get all the work done we will release it as quickly as possible and use it in the map that is going into developement Alpha Base.

The reason i decided to go back to work on this, is because i don't want to leave it unfinished.

So come on guys lets get to work this is a COMMUNITY project.

Halo CE General Discussion » New Mapping Project:: Alpha Base Nov 26, 2011 05:21 PM (Total replies: 6)

I don't know why anyone hasn't done it before now, seriously it is a great map.

Halo CE General Discussion » New Mapping Project:: Alpha Base Nov 26, 2011 12:30 AM (Total replies: 6)

I was going for the general idea of a makeshift military installation out of a forerunner installation with scavenged tech from both the pillar of autumn and the covenant eg: shades, scorpions, warthogs, banshees, ghosts, pelicans, hornets, computers from the autumn, weapons lockers all that stuff, plus i need someone willing to model and rig for my laser scorpion.

all in all i wanted to make it alot like in the book only with some changes. I plan to use the reach weapons tags from the website as they are really good i like them enough to use them for the ODSTs i hope to get some Bipeds sitting in chairs for computer work and probably 50mm gun emplacements like on the autumn.

if we can get all that ill try to put up some references to the storyline. in halo 1 when the cheif went to rescue keyes he was sent from major silva at alpha base. alpha base originally was a covenant outpost taken over by the ODSTs as soon as they landed all 200 of the ODSTs. the land consisted of a butte in the center of a mesa with no way up to the butte other than going through the mesa wherein firing trenches were dug and scorpions were placed into trenches adjacent to the middle trench to make a killbox. this tactic killed the elite commander putumee when he tried to take the butte back.

as the story progressed the flood attacked the base from the outside, the flood was subdued and one of the flood was taken alive. later the flood's human consciousness surfaced and somehow managed to warn the ODSTs of the flood which threatened to attack from below the ground, subsequently the ODSTs dropped down and began the job of clearing the area and sealing all the holes. they welded steel plates on the doorways.

the ODSTs had an AI named Wellesley named after the famous duke of wellington and he thought of himself as said duke. the AI was incharge of the automated defences, as a result the base was protected from air attacks with no human error to be accounted for.

once the doors were sealed the ODSTs' technicians placed a steel grate over the hole they made, in the underground of the base there were hastily welded prison cells. in which held a number of Covenant POWs. in the center of the base was Major Silva's command center and office wherein technicians were set to moniter the perimeter with cameras and sensor arrays, unfortunately the sensors from the autumn werent salvaged because of Seargent Lister wanting to get as much survival gear as possible.

I plan this map to be both multiplayer (small) and single player (full scale) the single player will be a mission decided on later in a vote.

i hope this all helps.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Gauss Sniper Nov 25, 2011 09:19 PM (Total replies: 92)

You put this in game... GOD HAS SPOKEN!!

seriously great work i might use it in the new map im trying to get made, if it gets made to work completely ingame...

Halo CE General Discussion » New Mapping Project:: Alpha Base Nov 25, 2011 08:45 PM (Total replies: 6)

Im back from my horriffic time at school and have decided along with my work on the spartan laser scorpion (yes i still need alot of things for that) i will be starting a project requiring communtiy help...

I wish to create a map based on the alpha base in halo the flood (a book i recently read) the base is a butte on a mesa captured from the covenant by ODSTs on the original Halo.

so far ive been gathering mods worthy of the glory of this map and i am beginning to look for anyone who can model rig tag or anything cause we need alot of things for this map...

once completed we will test for bugs and then make the release betas will come out along the way please post here in the following format if you wish to help.

Name:
Skill:
Timezone:
Email (if applicable):
Reason for playing halo (optional):
Any other skills:

Halo CE General Discussion » Reopening: Scorpion Laser Variant Jun 26, 2011 12:34 AM (Total replies: 21)

of course.. im not greedy

Halo CE General Discussion » Reopening: Scorpion Laser Variant Jun 23, 2011 06:21 PM (Total replies: 21)

yes make the model id like the barrel to glow red so that it lights up one second and dims the next

Halo CE General Discussion » Reopening: Scorpion Laser Variant Jun 23, 2011 06:30 AM (Total replies: 21)

im trying to make it a human design without using tech from other races the spartan laser is my basis for this im still working on the charging effect but the last test completely disabled the tank's weapons systems.

Halo CE General Discussion » Reopening: Scorpion Laser Variant Jun 23, 2011 03:14 AM (Total replies: 21)

tried using the weapon tag but modifying the tags didnt seem to work... the tank was comepletely disarmed

Halo CE General Discussion » Reopening: Scorpion Laser Variant Jun 22, 2011 09:28 PM (Total replies: 21)

ive already got the basic laser firing effect all i need is a custom model and to modify the firing effect a little more

EDIT::
I have created a possible charging effect and am now testing it out ill get back to you when im done
Edited by Solocord on Jun 22, 2011 at 09:59 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Reopening: Scorpion Laser Variant Jun 22, 2011 08:48 PM (Total replies: 21)

i have decided to reupload and restart work on my scorpion laser variant..

until i get the charging effect or custom model i cannot make a screenshot...

once i get the charging effect ready ill reupload make a screenshot and hope to god i can get the model from someone fast..

Download:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M96KG9KM

if you can help me by doing something like making a model send me a PM or post here..

so far the tank only fires the laser im hoping to add a custom model with a charging effect, if you can teach me how to make the charging effect, i will be very greatful.

PS: Yes there was a topic based around this already but i cannot post there anymore because i lost track of it.

ENJOY!

Im placing zira under arrest for the murder of this thread

i got lost when he said something about calling 3 polys a assault rile

Quote: --- Original message by: Zira Vadum
Quote: --- Original message by: MoooseGuy
Lol, how did this topic go from Reach Spoilers to a Zira - Dennis war?

Hm?
No, I just enjoy debate with people who don't randomly say "I like pie".

I like pie, are you saying you hate me?

Quote: --- Original message by: eliteslasher
Quote: --- Original message by: Solocord
Dennis i believe he said he was going to shut up a few posts back, does this mean he was lieing?

Dude! Seriously. Unnecessary!

Why are people still posting here? I think the point has been made perfectly clear and the thread served its purpose long ago. Is this thread not useless except to perform, senseless flaming?

I was asking a legitamate question, if you have a problem with that take it up with the i don't give a damn-ward.

EDIT:: Also i wasn't flaming i was asking a question to dennis.
Edited by Solocord on Sep 1, 2010 at 03:22 AM

Dennis i believe he said he was going to shut up a few posts back, does this mean he was lieing?

What do you say i name the tank Menos Grande?
Edited by Solocord on Sep 1, 2010 at 03:06 AM
Edited by Solocord on Sep 1, 2010 at 03:22 AM

time bombs have fuses?

so zira is like a witch?

Time: Mon August 19, 2019 5:25 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website