A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: x_orange90_x
About Contact
Last Post: Feb 22, 2010 08:47 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
i am a banshee whore, i have to say

Post Statistics
x_orange90_x has contributed to 34 posts out of 469283 total posts (.01%) in 4,099 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Map Requests: Epitaph and Construct Feb 22, 2010 08:47 PM (Total replies: 28)

hey all, just checking back to see if anyone ever got around to these maps.. ran a search but nothing turns up. is anyone working on them?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » problems compiling map :( Oct 9, 2009 05:00 AM (Total replies: 2)

i have been trying for hours now to recompile a map that i extracted to add a weapon to. i used the map zanzibarhalo3, and i was trying to put the Fist of Rukt (grav hammer) into it.

firstly, i would like to note that i wanted to open the map scenario in Sapien, put in a spawn point for the hammer, and then save and compile. but, i get this in the debug after trying to open the scenario in Sapien, which just freezes and crashes right away:

10.09.09 04:49:19 sapien pc 01.00.00.0609 ----------------------------------------------
10.09.09 04:49:19 reference function: _write_to_error_file
10.09.09 04:49:19 reference address: 401b13
10.09.09 04:49:19 Couldn't read map file './sapienbeta.map'
10.09.09 04:49:19 CreateDevice succeeded with refresh rate = 0
10.09.09 04:49:19 Sound card doesn't meet minimum hardware requirements. Disabling hardware option.
10.09.09 04:49:20 Increasing sound decompression buffer size to 1048576 bytes
10.09.09 04:49:22 file_open('tags\hud\killa_icons.bitmap') error 0x00000003 'The system cannot find the path specified. '
10.09.09 04:49:22 couldn't open bitmap tag 'killa_icons.bitmap'.
10.09.09 04:49:22 failed to load weapon_hud_interface tag 'weapons\fist-of-rukt\fist-of-rukt'
10.09.09 04:49:22 failed to load weapon tag 'weapons\fist-of-rukt\fist-of-rukt'
10.09.09 04:49:22 failed to load item_collection tag 'item collections\single weapons\fist_of_rukt'
10.09.09 04:49:23 failed to load scenario tag 'levels\test\zanzibar\zanzibarhalo3'
10.09.09 04:49:23 need to get the following tags:
10.09.09 04:49:23 hud\killa_icons.bitmap
10.09.09 04:49:23
10.09.09 04:49:23 game_load() failed.

so then i decided i would try the simplest way, by just loading the hammer item_collection into the Starting Equiptment, so i would just spawn with it. well i did that, went to CMD and did the following:

in CMD i typed
tool build-cache-file levels\test\zanzibar zanzibarhalo3

(yes, thats right, the folder name is zanzibar while the scenario is zanzibarhalo3; HEK+ named it zanzibar, not me, and i also tried naming it to match the file but i get the same results)

and this is what i get:

10.09.09 04:30:48 tool pc 01.00.00.0609 ----------------------------------------------
10.09.09 04:30:48 reference function: _write_to_error_file
10.09.09 04:30:48 reference address: 42ca20
10.09.09 04:30:48 Couldn't read map file './toolbeta.map'

what is happening? i dont know what "killa_icons.bitmaps" is, it didnt come with the hammer mod, wasnt extracted with the map, and isnt anywhere in the Halo Custom Edition directory or any subdirectories, or on my computer.. all i want to do is add one weapon to the map, and it has taken my siz hours to get this far.

if u can help, thanks in advance!

Halo CE General Discussion » help recompiling map with weapon Oct 9, 2009 01:42 AM (Total replies: 2)

hi, i was hoping someone could help me add a weapon to a map. i have already extracted the .map's contents with HEK+, and i have the weapon files (tags and all), but i need to know exactly how i make an item collection for the weapon. then what do i do to put it in with the maps files, and how to recompile the map for play in halo ce.

Halo CE General Discussion » Map Requests: Epitaph and Construct Oct 8, 2009 10:35 PM (Total replies: 28)

i have HEK, but would it be difficult for me to put the hammer in a few already made maps so i can play with it? i dont have any skills in modeling, but if its simple as importing it and placing it, i can do that if someone can help.

Halo CE General Discussion » Map Requests: Epitaph and Construct Oct 8, 2009 10:28 PM (Total replies: 28)

ah, thanks for clearing that up. now, does anyone know where i can get that hammer from and how i put it in/use it?

edit: ok i see, its in the map mod Grunt Golfing.

now i hope HaloGuru comes into this thread to clear up whether or not he finished his map. thanks everyone else for the help/info
Edited by x_orange90_x on Oct 8, 2009 at 10:32 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Map Requests: Epitaph and Construct Oct 8, 2009 10:22 PM (Total replies: 28)

hmm, well a search on this forum brought this up:

Halo CE General Discussion Semi-Official Work In Process Thread (WIP) (Total replies: 9686)

Posted By Dennis on Jul 1, 2008 07:43 AM

Me and HaloGuru are working on this "Epitaph".

HaloGuru is doing an awesome and very accurate job of modelling the BSP.

The whole map WILL be custom, nothing ripped or screen capped.
We also may make it as a flood theme and get flood growing off the metal.

but anyway, about my last post, with the hammer...

Halo CE General Discussion » Map Requests: Epitaph and Construct Oct 8, 2009 10:16 PM (Total replies: 28)

it appears that Dennis and HaloGuru were making Epitaph.. but i dont see any recent posts about it.

edit: have you guys released a newer version of Narrows than what it on Halo Maps already? also, where do i get the grav hammer mod from, and how do i use it? is it just a model or can i use it in the game like the way it was in Halo 3.. sorry i ask alot of questions but i have no idea how to do anything other than drop the maps in the map folder :D

thanks everyone for ur VERY FAST responses!
Edited by x_orange90_x on Oct 8, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Map Requests: Epitaph and Construct Oct 8, 2009 10:04 PM (Total replies: 28)

no, i had no idea.. does that mean H3MT is out of the question?

Halo CE General Discussion » Map Requests: Epitaph and Construct Oct 8, 2009 09:56 PM (Total replies: 28)

hi. i was wondering if anyone was interested in making either or both of these maps for HaloCE (maybe Halo2, if i can mod it?). i had much fun in both of these on the consoles at a friends house, but i dont have a 360. the only other thing i ask is that they are made pretty accurately, not perfect if its a problem, but close. i would especially like the Halo 3 weapons and powerups placed in them.

i downloaded the H3MT-Narrows map and love it, i think it is incredibly done, has the Halo 3 weapons and animations, and even has the powerups. the only thing is the textures dissapear and flicker real bad for me and my bro when we play LAN. other than that it is a A+ to H3MT!

@H3MT, if you have the time, it would be awesome if u can carry out my request, i really like the job you did on Narrows.

p.s. is there any mods for the Gravity Hammer? i poked around Google and couldnt fine any, i like the sparring u can do with them! :)

thanks

*post deleted by admin for rules violation
READ THE RULES:
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=2979

See PM for reason.

Edited by Dennis on Jun 18, 2008 at 09:50 PM

ok, but just to let u know i have a legitamate copy and key, i just dont feel like wasting my activations all at once.
Edited by x_orange90_x on Jun 18, 2008 at 10:53 PM

i have installed Halo 2 Vista, on Vista, put in a legitamate key, and when it asked to activate i said later because i dont want to activate right now.
i then created a new game profile, logged into LIVE with my existing account, it downloaded my profile and updated twice. and for some reason it has both Multiplayer and LIVE greyed out. i dont have a GOLD account, but all i want to do is play LAN. my profile says i am logged in and up to date, but it still has them greyed out.

can anyone point me in the right direction asap?
thanks
Edited by x_orange90_x on Jun 18, 2008 at 05:34 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » MIDSHIP for Halo Custom Edition? Jun 13, 2008 11:46 AM (Total replies: 119)

i continue to stalk...

edit: is there any news on Midship?
Edited by x_orange90_x on Jun 18, 2008 at 01:50 PM

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » Halo 2 XP ?s Jun 13, 2008 11:34 AM (Total replies: 4)

well i have Vista Ultimate already, i just dont have the disk space to install it again. and my computer isnt the greatest, and Vista is a resource hog, so i dont get great frames on Vista. and from what i hear it is 30% performance on XP. thats why i was hoping to get LAN to work. i wonder if it has something to do with Vista's newer TCP/IP Protocalls. maybe H2 was purposely made to utilize that, because Vista's is something like v6 and XP's is v4/5. well if anyone can help, still, thanks.

and thanks Yak for the quick reply!

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » Halo 2 XP ?s Jun 13, 2008 09:32 AM (Total replies: 4)

i have installed it successfully on Windows XP, but i have a few questions.

i know this may sound repetitive, but i havnt found an answer yet.
is there anyway (any patch or anything) that allows for LAN play? thats all i want Halo 2 for, and i dont want to install Vista just for this, as i am currently using the other hard drive for game storage. i DO have a legitimate Halo 2 key, but whenever i click on Create new server, nothing happens.

also, do u have to sign in to LIVE to play LAN?

and, why isnt LAN play supported? Shadowrun can do LAN on XP, so why not Halo 2?

currently, i am using the patch from http://halo2xp.tk/ to play on XP.

if someone can help me to get it work on LAN if it is possible, i would appreciate it. if not, thanks if u can at least explain to my why it wont be possible.

thanks

Halo CE General Discussion » MIDSHIP for Halo Custom Edition? Jun 9, 2008 01:20 AM (Total replies: 119)

thats sweet. i seriously watch this thread like a hawk now!

Halo CE General Discussion » MIDSHIP for Halo Custom Edition? Jun 8, 2008 10:40 PM (Total replies: 119)

hey CLS, how is the map comin along? hazzard said u were fixin some errors..

Halo CE General Discussion » MIDSHIP for Halo Custom Edition? Jun 8, 2008 09:37 PM (Total replies: 119)

im not bossing anyone. i just u know started this thread and he came and said he'd make it. and its all cool with me and him, he knows im not bein an ass and tryin to boss. but he told me he wants an original map too, but as far as i see it u guys deserve to have ur ideas heard to. but thanks for callin me out on that one, sorry if it sounds like it, im just so excited that this is actually happening after so long!

Halo CE General Discussion » MIDSHIP for Halo Custom Edition? Jun 8, 2008 08:41 PM (Total replies: 119)

yea, Hazzard is right. the point of this is to replicate the Halo 2 map from xbox. after we have a complete remake, then customs can be done. i want the map original, with original Halo 2 weapons. after that i dont see any problem with Halo 3 weapons and that whole giant ship mod with AI. but original work first!

p.s. lots of great ideas in here i must say. when the original map is complete i would like to see some of your ideas worked on! great ideas guys!

Halo CE General Discussion » MIDSHIP for Halo Custom Edition? Jun 8, 2008 04:35 PM (Total replies: 119)

everyone stop arguing. are u guys 4? just grow up. thanks to everyone who is actually doing something, like CLS, ICM, Hazzard, Thunderbolt (wherever u are), and anyone i forgot. if ur not helping and ur just cousing trouble go away.

cant wait for this!

Halo CE General Discussion » MIDSHIP for Halo Custom Edition? Jun 6, 2008 02:28 AM (Total replies: 119)

you mean you are finishing your? why now? Hazzard is making one. just join him and help him finish his!

Time: Thu August 22, 2019 4:54 AM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website