A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: cody
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 12, 2010 05:43 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 16
What Games do you play: flatout 2, halo, GTA san andreas multiplayer
I WOULD OF BEEN YOUR DADDY, BUT THE DOG BEAT ME!
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
cody has contributed to 213 posts out of 469458 total posts (.05%) in 4,180 days (.05 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » quick question Jun 12, 2010 05:43 AM (Total replies: 4)

ah, k, was trying to squeeze all the poly's out of a bsp, and the tesalating a box didn't quite do it, inside i made a box that has 150/150/1 sides and welded the crap outa the top. with 606 triagles for +sky

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » quick question Jun 7, 2010 03:30 AM (Total replies: 4)

is +sky material considered part of the triangle count?

Halo CE General Discussion » how did you learn about the computer world? May 29, 2010 10:26 PM (Total replies: 30)

i got my first pc back in 05, its a 1989 compaq deskpro with DOS. i was years behind, but i found a copy of doom and played that game, and would download lots of stuff at a friends house and run it on my pc. then i got a job fixing PC's and was fixing modern pc's while still using a 20 year old pc. eventually i got enough parts to build a crappy dual cpu celeron system with 2 500 mhz cpu's. then i eventually got a crappy pentium 4 back in 08 that was crap cause it used rambus ram, had a mother board that was realy picky and would lock up alot, untill i bought a 430 watt powersuplly for it. i got halo pc back in 08, then i heard about ce on youtube. here i am now making B rated tags for yal. :P

Halo CE General Discussion » Helipad Studios Developments [WIP][New Look] May 21, 2010 05:20 PM (Total replies: 55)

hmm, i like the hippy vs rednecks idea, mabey rednecks vs army or hippys vs army

will decide once i get a basic bsp layed out just right

Halo CE General Discussion » Helipad Studios Developments [WIP][New Look] May 19, 2010 07:48 PM (Total replies: 55)

dont worry about layout, thats my department, and its gona have twist and turns and you can get lost, kip is doin concepts for me and if i see stuff i like, i'll incorperate them into the project

Halo CE General Discussion » Boarding action with vehicles? May 19, 2010 01:24 AM (Total replies: 12)

man, were do i come up with these ideas like this!

i want a cookie

Halo CE General Discussion » Helipad Studios Developments [WIP][New Look] May 18, 2010 02:38 AM (Total replies: 55)

hmm, that mabey possible, just need the nodes from the mongoose

Halo CE General Discussion » Helipad Studios Developments [WIP][New Look] May 18, 2010 01:03 AM (Total replies: 55)

side project, redoin gta car pack to use one set of bitmaps so reduce total tag size by quite a few megs
Edited by cody on May 18, 2010 at 01:03 AM

probly gona be open, the doors are not part of the bsp and can be switched around with some tweaking to the houses scenery thingy. its down to minor modeling details and then texturing

lol, i just noticed i acidently made it look like hes holdin onto the seat, musta had one to many burritos

that was one of my plans, to have tunnels with hidden entrences that lead all over maps, one moment you'll find ur self in the basement, next thing u'll know, ur in the middle of the woods in the back of a rusty van

yes, its just a base, and its size is scaled corectly to master chief, why else whould i model the roof and extiror walls

alrighty ppl, the last few days was spent finishin the basic house structure and optimizing it triangle by triangle. the actual house, not including doors/windows/kitchen/bath/fixtures is 1460 triangles, with all the fillings and goodies, its 8000. i plan on making the "goodies" as one big scery and place it in the center of the house and hope it lines up perfectly. since colision models dont add to the poly count, mabey once i create the colision model, i can cut out the un seen triangles in the scenery model, such as the back side of the cabinets, under and ontop of the doors, etc, bring the poly for that down by mabey 1-2k

Edited by cody on May 3, 2010 at 10:15 PM

:( i wanted to do teh modling, i wanted the thinges to be like i wanted :(

was to busy to realy work on a project i had thought of yesterday, so i'll do it sunday afternoon, heres to give u an idea

heres a start, no were near done, its basicly a slapped togheter post world war3 car :P
Edited by cody on May 1, 2010 at 03:18 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Helipad Studios Developments Modding [W.I.P.] Apr 29, 2010 07:32 PM (Total replies: 43)

the house is just one of the bases, gee, im the one modling my idea out, lets just say its a base

its like a HS garage sell, we ran outa room to work so were releasing all the unfinished stuff. seems like the more i dig, more stuff i find, i still gota dig threw a few old hard drives from old pcs i used

yea, the countless hours of me run over u in the test maps :D

Halo CE General Discussion » Boarding action with vehicles? Apr 24, 2010 10:03 PM (Total replies: 12)

remake boarding action so its a human ship vs a covenent ship :D

keep in mind that this stuff never finished and that these probly wont be, atleast not looking like these, these were just testing maps to get a feel of things

well, this wont be the end for stuff i'll be making, right now im workin on a project thats based in a different part of the country, large deserts arrent very intresting after all...

kip is helping. this new project is not done under helipad, just as a map between me him and who ever helps
Edited by cody on Apr 22, 2010 at 06:58 PM

Time: Sun November 17, 2019 4:24 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website