A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: 0fullmetal0
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 8, 2011 12:43 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
I claim this post in the name of Mars.
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
0fullmetal0 has contributed to 189 posts out of 469375 total posts (.04%) in 4,139 days (.05 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 8, 2011 12:43 PM (Total replies: 12123)

I see framerate slowdown trying to run just the classic camapgin on Halo PC if I go above 640x480. Sure, it might be playable, but it won't look nearly as good as it could.

Anyway, good luck on your endeavors this time around! Even if it's one level at at time, this is still the main reason I've kept my copy of Halo PC around!

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 8, 2011 05:18 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Wow, I came back on a whim and saw this beauty of a thread. And now I'm in despair because my crappy laptop won't be able to handle the awesomeness of this project :(

Out of random curiosity, is there any humanly possible way to make rumble work with gamepads? Like is that something that could be included in the mod, or is it dependant on whether Halo CE itself supports it?

Halo CE General Discussion » Majora's Mask map (WIP) May 31, 2010 01:29 PM (Total replies: 81)

Hm... Will you be including the moon in this? Possibly accessed through teleporter or something, but it would be awesome to see that included.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT Shut Down Feb 1, 2010 01:56 PM (Total replies: 228)

It's not April 1, so I guess it's legit...
Can't say I'm not surprised either, there seemed to be less and less information as time went on, only a matter of time before it was just abandoned. Good luck on your next project Masters!

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Sponsored Official CMT Thread Dec 25, 2009 02:32 AM (Total replies: 3743)

A Christmas release? Doubtful, as I'm sure the CMT members have lives like the rest of us and want to spend Christmas with family.

Personally I don't care when it's released. If it takes a while longer but that bug that caused a checkpoint after you die in the a10 public beta is squashed and stays dead, I'll take the wait. (yes, I know it's probably fixed, but I'd rather have it be bug-free than be glitchy as hell because of pressure)

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Sponsored Official CMT Thread Nov 23, 2009 03:03 AM (Total replies: 3743)

There are two cutscenes that require Cortana (or all semblance of the plot is lost forever): the end of AotCR and the start of Two Betrayals. Also, the opening conversation on the bridge, which I don't think is going to be cut. (not the "busy work" after that before Chief wakes up, that I know is gone)

Meh, my guess is the shaft cutscene on Silent Cartographer is gone, the whole point of it was basically "Oh look, it's a long shaft. Don't fall down, by the way.")

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Sponsored Official CMT Thread Aug 4, 2009 10:59 PM (Total replies: 3743)

Well think about it, you've got how many people refreshing the homepage at the same time looking for the beta? It's no wonder it crashed, and yet the beta still isn't up...

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Sponsored Official CMT Thread Aug 4, 2009 10:36 PM (Total replies: 3743)

Xfire has a screenshot option that lets you take screenshots of any point in a supported game. It's basically like the ctl+printscrn command that you can use to take a picture of what's on your monitor with Windows.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Sponsored Official CMT Thread Aug 4, 2009 10:20 PM (Total replies: 3743)

Every time someone asks for a link, it gets delayed another half-hour...

Seriously, it'll be up when it's up. Just have a bit of patience.

(Nothing against anyone, but getting a "you have a new message from no-reply[at]halomaps[dot]org" thingy every two seconds gets a bit annoying.)
^Email address written in a way spambots can't read
Edited by 0fullmetal0 on Aug 4, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Sponsored Official CMT Thread Aug 4, 2009 08:10 PM (Total replies: 3743)

Nah, I'm just too lazy to hook up my Xbox 360 controller to my computer is all...

I'll patiently wait for the release.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Sponsored Official CMT Thread Aug 4, 2009 07:59 PM (Total replies: 3743)

Meh, I have to get used to using a mouse instead of a controller again...

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Sponsored Official CMT Thread Aug 4, 2009 01:41 PM (Total replies: 3743)

Technically this *is* an official release, even if it isn't final. The purpose could be bug squashing and a preview of what to expect when the final does come out

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Sponsored Official CMT Thread Aug 4, 2009 10:25 AM (Total replies: 3743)

Quote: --- Original message by: DarkZealot
I'm not gonna play the beta... SPV1 barely runs above 10 FPS on LOW everything. SPV2 will be like ArmA: Slow, and unresponsive. :/

It was actually said that SPv2 will run much better than SPv1. So you might be okay with the graphics on it.

edit: public beta, huh? Sounds like fun! Can't wait!
Edited by 0fullmetal0 on Aug 4, 2009 at 10:29 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Sponsored Official CMT Thread Jul 13, 2009 12:39 AM (Total replies: 3743)

Wow, those screenshots look like torture for my crappy Intel graphics...

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Sponsored Official CMT Thread Jul 7, 2009 12:59 AM (Total replies: 3743)

Quote: --- Original message by: tomers113
I thought they were going to be like 500mb+

That's the maximum size, it's an engine limitation. They'll be 300MB at least, probably more like 400 though.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Sponsored Official CMT Thread Jul 4, 2009 01:39 AM (Total replies: 3743)

The splazer not having a multiple of 20 left in the ammo is the same as the sword in Halo 2/3 not having a multiple of 10 left in the non-flood levels. It was supposed to have 10 "kills" in it when you pick up a fully charged one, but due to glitches sometimes had 1 more or less at times.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Sponsored Official CMT Thread Jun 29, 2009 02:39 AM (Total replies: 3743)

cheat_omnipotent is your friend...
Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
Quote: --- Original message by: WWLinkMasterX
Quote: Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
Echo 419 isn't just one pelican. If you check the level, there are five or six pelicans, but they all APPEAR to be E419.

That could just be do to lazyness on bungie's behalf. Idk, that dosn't concern me.

BUT, they're all piloted by the same person, Foehammer. Now, i may be wrong, but last time I checked, pilots don't just die in a pelican that blew up, then magically return flying a different ship.

No. The reason why, is because it causes trouble for everything. Once E419 flys away, you need it to fly back again, to another spot, which means you need to create a new recorded animation to make her fly there. Why not just create a brand new pelican, and stick it right there?

Funding. It would have cost more to model a new Pelican, skin it, and stick it ingame. Plus, when you can reference the same model multiple times it makes the code smaller, meaning the game is smoother. Why do you think all the marines look basically the same, except for a few special cases.

New question completely unrelated to a30... On 343GS, will the "lone Marine" egg still be there? (the one you get if you manage to stay on the Pelican after it's supposed to drop you off). And the same thing on AOtCR where you can hear the faint music from a different Bungie game in multiple parts of the level.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Sponsored Official CMT Thread Jun 28, 2009 10:27 AM (Total replies: 3743)

Quote: --- Original message by: Arteen
What I don't like about the grenades is:
1) They don't make sense if the player doesn't have 4 frags
2) Why show the frags if we don't have backpack weapons or plasmas visible?
3) They look like they'd awkwardly get in the way of his arms, since they stick out so far
4) He looks silly with explosives strapped to his waist

That was the secret weapon, you could press a button and go into "kamikaze" mode like the grunts in Halo 3. NOT

In response to the backpack weapons question, you're in first person anyway. Meaning you can't see your back. What would be the point of backpack weapons if you can't see them to begin with? (plus, they're more multiplayer so you know when the guy shooting you has a rocket in reserve to blow you up)

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Sponsored Official CMT Thread Jun 25, 2009 10:53 AM (Total replies: 3743)

Quote: --- Original message by: Cocaine
Mm , wont that mean that AI will also have to float around , when the gravity shuts down?
Grenades , weapons , Coveneant Sheilds , Human blockades.

That would be the theory, but it would mean they're limited to just shooting, unless the true properties of Newton's Third Law can be applied and the AI can adapt to them.

Newton's Third Law of Physics: Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

So basically, it would be firing your gun in zero gravity and having the same force push you backwards as was exerted on the bullet when it left the gun. But since Covie weapons are just superheated plasma, the force could be less, if nonexistent.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Maps Sponsored Official CMT Thread Jun 24, 2009 01:17 PM (Total replies: 3743)

Also watch out for the chat, as it's still in beta the chat will sometimes infinitely loop and hang, causing either you to be able to do nothing or have to end the script and not be able to use it at all.

Time: Mon October 14, 2019 10:42 AM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website