A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: DarkDragon
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 27, 2009 05:10 AM
Interests: making maps, programming
Your Age: 17
What Games do you play: Halo 2, CoD 4, AoE III
United Falcon Clan - Field Marshal

Post Statistics
DarkDragon has contributed to 39 posts out of 469343 total posts (.01%) in 4,107 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » Bushes Dec 27, 2009 05:10 AM (Total replies: 0)

I've seen some maps with those kind of bushes on them, that turn around when you look at them, like they always have an angle of 90 with your sight. You can find them on coagulation, district etc. But does anyone know how to make them?
I think ive seen them on Fuel Station too... anyway if you do know please tell me!

thank ya

Ah, I see.

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » Converting sketchup to 3ds Dec 10, 2009 11:00 AM (Total replies: 3)

I got SketchUp 7 Pro, and the importing works ok. Just that if I exported out of sketchup as an .obj file, I get some errors with my faces, but exported as .3ds it works fine. It only takes the standard camera of sketchup with it lol, need to remove that in max.
The drawing in sketchup is easier for fast mapping etc.
I really recommand getting SketchUp pro or as you say the freeware version and exporting to blender.

Is this about mapping?

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » Fall to your death Nov 13, 2009 05:52 PM (Total replies: 5)

Yeah, I made it so deep you can't see the ground...
Anyway, it would look a bit nicer ;)

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » Fall to your death Nov 6, 2009 05:10 PM (Total replies: 5)

Alright, and how do I make fog?

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » Fall to your death Nov 6, 2009 06:09 AM (Total replies: 5)

How can I make a "fall to your death" face in my map? (when you fall on it you die)

Oh, and how can I make fog in my map?

Thanks

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » .map save location? Nov 6, 2009 05:44 AM (Total replies: 1)

There is something wrong with your security I think. The fact that you can see it in your editor but not by going to "my computer" explains that. I had this before too and I fixed it by turning off the "UAC" (User Account Control).
You can turn it off in your Control Panel. There navigate to your User Accounts, and set the fuction to disabled.

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » problem with bluestreak exporter Oct 24, 2009 09:56 AM (Total replies: 5)

yeah well I don't know about other exporters, I just use the bluestreak one and 3ds max 7.

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » problem with bluestreak exporter Oct 23, 2009 01:34 PM (Total replies: 5)

Yes, indeed it won't work with 10.

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » problem with bluestreak exporter Oct 23, 2009 09:57 AM (Total replies: 5)

I've heard about this before, are you using 3ds max 9?

If so, then you need to, or find another .ass exporter for 3ds 9, or get version 6,7 or 8 instead of 9. The second one is the most recommanded.

It's just that the bluestreak exporter is suited for 3ds 6 to 8 and the 9 version is not supported. There are exporters for 9 out there, but the one of bungie itself (bluestreak exporter) is the most compatible of them all.

Edited by DarkDragon on Oct 23, 2009 at 10:02 AM

a student version? because the 9 version is like 3500$ at the moment

Quote: --- Original message by: CorruptedHalo
lulz.
.ass
I thought that was an error?

nope , .ASS = Amalgam Scene Specification

I don't think there are .ASS exporters for Gmax so no.
I recommand getting a 3ds Max 6, 7 or 8. Then you can use the exporter that's delivered with your H2V cd.

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » Shaders Aug 14, 2009 04:51 AM (Total replies: 2)

OMG ... I must be stupid XD i placed them in the bitmaps folder instead of the shaders folder under scenarios ...this is embarrasing
anyway it works now :) thnx

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » Shaders Aug 10, 2009 10:56 AM (Total replies: 2)

Hey
I was trying to make shaders for my map but when I use them in sapien, it doesn't recognize them (so I get the rainbow coloured error shader). I followed different tuts but it didnt work out. Can someone help me with it?
thnx

Dragon

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » Corrupt file in Sapien Apr 21, 2009 03:11 PM (Total replies: 2)

here:

+sky
f_if plate

i only used 2 shaders to test it

---------
update
---------

i met a guy in halo who told me this:

if u open ur .scenario in guerilla then scroll down to BSPB , there change the lightmap box to the lightmap of example (the map thats included in the editor) and save then it should work

i tried that and it worked!!

thnx to that guy
Edited by DarkDragon on May 2, 2009 at 03:01 PM

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » Corrupt file in Sapien Apr 19, 2009 01:24 PM (Total replies: 2)

Hello

After i made a map and compiled and lighted it i open up sapien and it gives me this error:
This file is corrupted ...h2v sapien will shut down

does anyone know how to fix this?

ty

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » sky error Mar 5, 2009 12:48 PM (Total replies: 5)

it has to be +sky without a space

Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical » +sky Mar 5, 2009 12:42 PM (Total replies: 0)

omg i didnt meant to make a topic!!! and i cant delete it !!! denis plz delete it lol
Edited by DarkDragon on Mar 5, 2009 at 12:47 PM
Edited by DarkDragon on Mar 5, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Time: Thu September 19, 2019 8:12 PM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website