A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: kai5888
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 20, 2009 08:14 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 12
What Games do you play: Halo, Halo CE, H2V, Halo 2, Halo 3
Start the revolution
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
kai5888 has contributed to 476 posts out of 469521 total posts (.10%) in 4,186 days (.11 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Making HugeAss Jets Tougher Jun 20, 2009 08:14 PM (Total replies: 22)

What are you shooting the jets with?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3: Guardian (Request) Jun 20, 2009 07:36 PM (Total replies: 45)

Quote: --- Original message by: someone not important
Quote: --- Original message by: Mythril
Looks awesome. Always wanted a proper Guardian remake, the gameplay in it is great.

Not really, whenever I play, the winner is always whoever is best at shotgun camping, which is not hard to learn how to do.

I really hope something is done about the shotgun in this remake.

There are plenty of endless ways to get around campers, especially on Halo 3 guardian where the shotgun is the most limited weapon on the map, it only has 12 shots, including the shells already loaded.

Quote: --- Original message by: supersniper

Apps that work:

• Bloomer Hack ENB series by Boris Vorontsov

Where can I find this, because I tried searching and I came up with this modacity thread: http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11376

And the link on the post there got me the files however, with the new .dll files Halo CE gives me a message saying.
"A problem occurred initializing Direct3D. Hardware acceleration may be disabled. Please run DXDIAG"

I am however not sure if I got the wrong file, or I am installing it incorrectly.

Halo CE General Discussion » Tehee.. Jun 10, 2009 03:27 PM (Total replies: 45)

Quote: --- Original message by: Maniac1000
the detail maps seem to be more visible.
it also somehow affects the radar e3po? or is that just the backgrounds doing that?

Isn't that white ring around the radar that is "affecting it" just the pulse that comes from the radar's center normally. He could have just taken the pictures at different times so the radar looks different.

Halo CE General Discussion » Tehee.. Jun 10, 2009 01:59 PM (Total replies: 45)

If you look at the tabs, and aren't using a 640X480 res moniter, you will notice there is a higher level of detail on the textures at a distance.

Halo CE General Discussion » Is this a good color for bloodgulch? May 31, 2009 10:16 PM (Total replies: 62)

I like the spring twist on the map, but having dark grass conflicting with light grass just makes it look like a sprite bottle. I think the light grass is too light compared to the darker grass

Halo CE General Discussion » [ASP] Fragmentation grenade explosion effects May 31, 2009 09:40 PM (Total replies: 32)

I think the nade effect is awesome...
The only downfall I see to it is the smoke, it's the regular halo smoke drifting away after the fire effect.
The gray halo smoke doesn't fit with a red, flamey explosion, you should make it black, or a near black color.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Commands for ai Apr 22, 2009 06:56 PM (Total replies: 11)

Then, you set up the AI command list and a script....

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » I need help with effects Apr 21, 2009 10:52 PM (Total replies: 0)

Ok, say I had a grenade that makes spikes explode out of it, technically a spike grenade...
How would I set up the effect tag so that:
1. The spikes fly outward from the center.
2. How many spikes fly out from the center

I appreciate any help.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Tool problem Apr 18, 2009 02:25 PM (Total replies: 7)

take off the .scenario.... and also, if your are using Vista, the reason it wont show in your Halo CE maps folder is because it is in compatibility files... if that's not the problem Idk what is...

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Multiplayer questions Apr 17, 2009 06:58 PM (Total replies: 6)

It is possible to have multiple BSPs in multiplayer, any .scenario file can have BSPs, for the BSP switch timer sync, it would maybe have to be like the Device machine sync script, but instead of opening and closing doors, changing and changing BSPs...

did you make any FP animations, you need those...

Halo CE General Discussion » Green reticle on friendlies? Apr 17, 2009 06:53 PM (Total replies: 41)

Actually, he said to set it to be neutral, which in a sense would be your ally...

Halo CE General Discussion » Zelda Map Back On Apr 7, 2009 08:43 PM (Total replies: 181)

I have a few ideas...
First, have the sword where it cannot be exchanged for another weapon, except the other sword, and with the other sword vice-versa.
Second, have 2 other fully exchangeable weapons (nonexchangeable for swords) but have the as the equipment items from OoC, Bombs, Boomerang, Hammer.
Third, Instead of having the arrows set as different triggers, have there be different bows, already with different arrow types, like an Ice Bow, Fire Bow etc. and for each have its own option for a regular fire (Regular button press), or an option for the bows special ability (Ice bow = Ice arrows.) and have the bow have an individual "Magic meter" which use of the Bow's special ability lessens.
Fourth, Have the bombs as one of the "equipment items" FP animations would be like the bomb in Halo 3 (Lol.) and when you "Fire" the bomb, you raise it above you head, and 2 hand throw it.
Fifth, with this plan, there would be no use of grenades, so, have an animation where when you use a "grenade," you raise up your shield, and keep it raised for as long as you hold the grenade button. Then, there would be an actual use for the mirrors shields "deflection" ability. Also, to switch between mirror shield, and regular shield, switch grenades. But, you must find a grenade (Shield) on the map first to be able to use the shield.........

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » omg donut has a question Mar 4, 2009 07:16 PM (Total replies: 25)

In that case, sheilds always beep when they are down. But with deathless on, even though the one bar is displayed, and the unit would be dead, why does the beeping and heartbeating stop?

Halo CE General Discussion » Extinction2 WIP official thread Oct 23, 2008 05:30 PM (Total replies: 2618)

but the drivers were AFK....

Halo CE General Discussion » Disable Melee Oct 23, 2008 12:01 AM (Total replies: 14)

Im not exactly sure about this, but if you have all guns in your inventory that cannot melee, you cant pick up the flag (again im not sure of this) i remember because on extinction I had 2 snipers that couldn't melee, and i had to trade one of them out just to pick up the flag

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Oct 22, 2008 11:45 PM (Total replies: 4974)

Quote: --- Original message by: gamer 2point0
has anyone thought making metal gear REX from Metal Gear Solid?

That would be awesome, I remember fighting that thing. imagine if that was in a map and everyone had to take it down, on foot, as a team. without it being too overpowered.

also, has anyone thought of, or has made a helicopter with side doors, and a drop down ladder? that could seat around 6 people (1 pilot, 1 gunner, and 4 back seats.) (if anyone has seen the Lego helicopter in that one airport Lego set you would know what im talking about)

the ladder could drop down by crouching and the doors could open like the pelican's "legs" come down when you are close to the ground...

Halo CE General Discussion » [W.I.P] Insy Winsy Spider climbed up the... Oct 22, 2008 11:22 PM (Total replies: 163)

that scarab looks good, I like the idea that they stated a while ago about how the scarab could lower when the driver "crouches" and the walkway goes in.

I bet you could have a walkway, in a walkway, in a walkway, that way when they go inside each other to go up, that way they dont use as much room

Halo CE General Discussion » Extinction2 WIP official thread Oct 22, 2008 10:54 PM (Total replies: 2618)

and may I ask, since the ships have been laying there for (insert a long amount of time here) is there going to be orangish dust on the ships, and maybe on the bottom of the covie ship bitmap, you could have a layer of dirt as if its been there a while. just basic details like dust on the florrs, pillars, maybe some dirt scattered in the floor of the human ship etc.

Time: Sat December 14, 2019 6:01 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website