A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Overkill
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 30, 2009 05:29 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo PC, Halo CE, Urban Terror, Dragonfable.
I like grapes.

Post Statistics
Overkill has contributed to 26 posts out of 469394 total posts (.01%) in 4,128 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Profile Glitch Sep 30, 2009 05:29 AM (Total replies: 4)

I've had this issue before. If you make a server in game (eg. LAN/Internet) and click on a classic non-editable gametype (eg. Classic Slayer) it makes a new profile and changes to a new one. From what I know the bug isn't patched and the only way to 'fix' it is to make a replica gametype of the default set.

Halo CE General Discussion » Timesplitters Maps For Halo CE Sep 27, 2009 07:43 AM (Total replies: 15)

Quote: --- Original message by: RougeSpartan414
TimeSplitters is awesome.
QTF

I'd love to see some TS2 maps in Halo. Like Mexican Mission or Hospital (insane virus/flame tag games in there). Hopefully carrying a shotgun with the bag. As a monkey. I really should re-make a TS map, but I've still got to learn how to model. Might as well learn2model in the holidays (1 week away, for 2 weeks :D) so I can make a map :D.

Useless beige text here. Why are you reading it? D=

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT SPV2 A10 Public Beta Aug 5, 2009 10:06 PM (Total replies: 786)

There were a few minor issues I managed to encounter while in game. Here's a few of the issues (trying to avoid repetition of ones which have already been noted):

• The Brutes had a bad habit of grenade spamming, usually teamkilling other Brutes while in packs.

• Silenced pistol and SMG weren't silent enough to allow stealth play (mainly around the Chiron area).

• Hunters got stuck in the maintenance access ways (or whatever it's called), allowing me to pick them off easily.

• AR needs to do more damage. It's almost useless on Brutes, and sometimes on Elites.

• There was a slight framerate issue during the first cut scene. When viewing the PoA, my framerate dropped to 17 FPS. Not really an issue, but it's worth a mention.

• On the new BSP's, it's easy to get lost. Try making a few small Grunt encounters to hint the player where to go (mainly on the multi-leveled area that resembles a cut down Boarding Action.

• On the same note, the new BSP's need music. The areas seem a bit dull without it.[*/]

Other then those issues, the mod seems to be awesome :D. Nice job so far!

Halo CE General Discussion » What do you guys want from the mystery box 0_o Jul 19, 2009 06:40 AM (Total replies: 36)

Shotgun or pistol; whatever will float your boat.

Quote: --- Original message by: Marka Haiyana

I personally think Assault Rifle is overrated... completely useless in Halo 1, and a n00b sprayer's weapon in Halo 3. An exact replica would work terribly on Halo CE's "lead your shots" netcode. I can't imagine why everyone loves it so much, could someone explain to me what I'm missing?

Oh and also, as for those tags, the animations point the weapon too low for the crosshair.
Edited by Marka Haiyana on Jun 27, 2009 at 04:29 PM
Good with 50% no shields (*cough*) and single player (I'd use plasma pistol and the assault rifle on legendary then use the pistol and plasma rifle any day). Other then that, the assault rifle (to me) is a place holder for something awesome in Halo 1.

Too true. At least the SMG and Plasma Rifle dual wielding combo isn't spammed in a small map as much as the AR. But then again, it's the the default (re-)spawning weapon.

Yeah. Last time I checked bullets don't come from the top of the muzzle, piecing though it. Just don't hope that the bullets suddenly come out out of the muzzle, but instead the ammo meter...

Responses in their respective colours.

Halo CE General Discussion » I got it!! Jun 27, 2009 11:27 PM (Total replies: 2)

1. Gmax 1.2 from Turbosquid
2. I'm not. But if you haven't already, check this out: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?search=gmax+tutorial&B1=Search
Edited by Overkill on Jun 27, 2009 at 11:28 PM
Edited by Overkill on Jun 27, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Needler Ghost Tags release Jun 17, 2009 07:14 AM (Total replies: 23)

Quote: Posted By: Karrde on Yesterday @ 07:34 PM
Quote: Only thing I got to say is happened to me too stupid axe thing... so I used Google Chrome instead of Firefox it works fine.. I think firefox allows pop-ups >.> so annoying

Google chrome is so much fail

Why? It works fairly well. It doesn't look as bulkly as IE and is slightly faster then IE or FF. Unless you can't click on a textbox and type, it's good. Unless you try to download off Halomaps, which you'll have the equalivent of a 404 error. If the download address is still there, just press enter. Neato.

Anyway, the needle-ghost thing looks great. My only corncern is gameplay (assuming it has the same damage as the normal Halo 1 Needler). It would be like a shotgun in a small corridor filled with people who can't move. Go close, shoot, [if miss] ram, repeat. Hopefully when the vehicle gets used, something overpowered would be modified to give the driver and other players a fair chance to kill each other. Oh well, it's pretty :D.

Halo CE General Discussion » Yoyorast_island map idea Jan 27, 2009 11:36 PM (Total replies: 95)

Quote: Leave Yoyorast alone.
You're too late : http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?search=yoyorast&B1=Search
Quote: I think instead of "more fun" it should be "boring".
QFT.

Yoshi, don't mod Yoyorast. Trust me. Mod Blood Gulch instead. At least no one will care about it. Or even better, make your own map. I'm not attacking you; I'm trying to save you from looking like a jerk.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 Rocket Launcher Concept 1 Jan 27, 2009 08:37 PM (Total replies: 19)

If you are trying to remake that rocket launcher completely, they'res only a single large tube in it, not four. If you're going for custom, they'res no major errors I've spotted.

*Drools at rocket*

Halo CE General Discussion » OMG. EPIC. Dec 4, 2008 01:13 AM (Total replies: 115)

This map deserves to have a ramp that launches you much higher then usual. And a secret igloo that plays jingle bombs. *Hint*

I was thinking about you guys making 2 different bsps; One just with the launch and another with the launch and something like a bobslay course for the lols. But meh, you can do your stuff.

This looks pretty fun and I can't wait for this to be released .

Halo CE General Discussion » Unknown Mappers' Hello World! Oct 21, 2008 03:19 AM (Total replies: 26)

To me, it's looks like the S8 P90 from Timesplitters 2 morphed with a Halo AR. Better be silenced .

I'll keep my eye on this team (in a good way).

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Problems downloading Oct 6, 2008 01:51 AM (Total replies: 6)

Btw: I am using Firefox in the screenie.

I have tried putting all Halomaps sites into my trusted zone in both Firefox and IE8, opening port 21 in Comodo Firewall Pro (which has been here since pigs grew wings) and tried allowing all cookies in IE8. I think IE8 has too much security that affects all browser programs. Stupid me forgot to back up my PC earlier

[Microsoft has A LOT of explaining to do.]

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Problems downloading Oct 5, 2008 01:36 AM (Total replies: 6)

Ever since I got Internet Explore 8 (Beta 2) I can't download off a few websites, including Halo Maps. I've tried to uninstall Internet Explorer 8, but it's not on add or remove programs.

So, I've tried downloading with FF (3.0.3 btw) and it doesn't work. Here's a screenie that might find the problem (linking to stop 56K'ers from lagging big): http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/3989/wthuj2.png

Thanks for your help !

Halo CE General Discussion » The Great Battle of Asis v3 (Beta) Sep 5, 2008 05:46 AM (Total replies: 255)

I like the spiker's sound, mainly because it sounds like a cross between an SMG and a Spiker. The crosshairs are pretty good, just that the Beam Rifle's looks a bit...Well, doesn't have the feel for a sniper.

If you want suggestions, here's a few of em:

• Change 'XXX was killed by the guardians' to 'XXX was killed in action'. That way, it sounds more custom and makes sense (guardians in a battle? Sounds more like a Diablo 2 thing).

• Keep the sword and crosshair but to make things fair, make the holder have double/triple health (depends on the AI and what the AI is).

• Improve the AI. Make it a bit hard in groups, but not so hard that it makes you want to kill your PC. What's a battle without some fight? The teletubies, that's what!

• On the motion tracker, it would help players a bit if you make a white, round dot to show your location. Don't make it move, so then Halo newbies can actually tell who their enemy is and who they are.

And I can't wait till this is out. I would help you out, but I sort of suck with crosshairs and map making (always seem to screw up in Sapien, somehow with the quality).

Edit:
Quote: AI make multiplayer maps LAG like hell... wait... this IS a multiplayer map right?
Yes, it is a multiplayer map. If you lag a lot, update and/or get a new graphics card.
Edited by Overkill on Sep 5, 2008 at 05:47 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » bipeds Sep 5, 2008 05:03 AM (Total replies: 2)

Are you running Halo CE in 256 pixels? If you are, change it to 32 bit colour. It normally is the answer for slightly older XP machines. This is usealy caused by running in Safe Mode.

Also, there is a possiblitly that your bitmaps either got corrupted or got edited somehow. I don't know the answer to your problem, but hey, it's an educated guess.

Quote:
That and you can only open up tags in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\Tags folder.

Ty man, that fixed my problem up MASSIVELY .

EDIT: So, if I used "Save As" for my bitmap that I used from the Tags folder into my Data\Levels\mapname\bitmaps, it would save correctly?
Edited by Overkill on Jul 5, 2008 at 07:06 AM

That doesn't really help (I already know what directory means). My Guerillia directory is D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games if that helps finding the directory (btw, I can't see guerilliabeta.map file anywhere in the Halo CE directory, I still need help). (AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO POST IN CAPS.)

Recently, I have had a few errors in Guerilla when trying to open up basically everything (I've been trying to open up 2 bitmaps). When I try to open it I get this in a box that says:

Quote: ERROR

Couldn't read map file './guerillabeta.map'
you need to set your working directory.

If anyone can, can you please help me? Btw, I searched all of the forum's posts (with search) and I get no results.

Time: Tue October 22, 2019 10:04 PM 204 ms.
A Halo Maps Website