A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: stunts513
About Contact
Last Post: Feb 12, 2012 03:00 PM
Interests: fixng pc's working on cars, and of course making maps for halo ce
Your Age: 19
What Games do you play: halo pc. halo ce, halo 2 vista
xfire: stunts513

Post Statistics
stunts513 has contributed to 73 posts out of 469347 total posts (.02%) in 4,097 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Halo 3 UI Feb 12, 2012 03:00 PM (Total replies: 572)

i actually like the white color for the text, looks real sharp

yea it increased myn by about 64mb, shame too i wanted to use it in conjunction with the h3 hud... o well ill revert my tags for now

gotta s hut my pc off its raining bad with lightening and thunder, and a tornado watch butim in a hilly area, so i doubt we will have those, never seen one in our town

Halo CE General Discussion » 3ds max Jan 23, 2012 03:16 AM (Total replies: 7)

theres a link to it in the stickies... not sure if its this subforum or the technical forum though.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Halo 3 UI Jan 19, 2012 03:39 PM (Total replies: 572)

o i know that much, not the replace ui part, but i mean , i wasn't sure how much more space it would take up than the original ui would when i use it as the menu for a map. Andi was probably not very clear on my last post cause i was falling asleep in my bed when i wrote it... But thanks, it is good to know it replaces the original ui files

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Halo 3 UI Jan 19, 2012 10:46 AM (Total replies: 572)

I wouldn't mind testing it out, quick question though, does it replace the ui files for the original ui? and how big do you think it is in size, since i haven't gotten the bitmaps downsized on the halo3 hud for my map yet i haven't got much room left in the map before i reach the limit

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Halo 3 UI Jan 19, 2012 03:21 AM (Total replies: 572)

use the print screen key...

then open paint and hit paste and save the file and then upload it somewhere

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » scripting help Jan 17, 2012 05:20 PM (Total replies: 0)

wow I'm a little rusty since i haven't been scripting in a while, could someone help me out. I remember doing this ingame one time using dev mode, but how do i load players into a vehicle using the vehicle_load_magic command? i was trying to get it to work but it just kept returning 0 to me when i typed in what i thought was right. For example if my ghost was named ghost1 i would type something like

(script continuous getinthevehicle
(vehicle_load_magic ghost1 "G-driver" ?????)
)

or something around the lines of that

help plz

edit: i figured it out with the help of a clan member so nvrmnd...
Edited by stunts513 on Jan 18, 2012 at 01:34 AM

I'm working on a banshee using a mix of several peoples work, and that heretic banshee that was animated to do a barrel roll is just driving me nuts, I'm trying to base mine off of it because i already edited its tags a while back for the weapons to match some of the stuff i had done, but i can't figure out how they made the animations get referenced as a secondary fire. The projectile it fires is a null projectile attach completely blank. I am trying to reroute the animation to the flashlight button so i can make room for the fuel rod fire again, which i can sacrifice something off the attachments if i have to, because i don't see a way to access the animation via a effect tag for the integrated light toggle section. Please help, this is so frustrating, I've spent like 2 hours going over the tags...

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » About "Halo Third Person FOV" Jan 16, 2012 01:51 PM (Total replies: 9)

btw i thought i'd mention those programs send dev commands into the program, you don't need dev mod for the commands to be sent in, otherwise it would be like saying u need devmod for the campaign scripts to work in halo.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Help changing the "Loading Background" Jan 15, 2012 06:53 PM (Total replies: 10)

the point of hex editing it was to make it so when the map compiles, it doesn't go to the bitmaps.map cache and get the file, i tried just replacing the tag before and had to find out how to do this as well. The hex editing makes the bitmaps.map have a corrupt entry which makes tool have to compile from the tag instead of the bitmaps cache, or something around the lines of that.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Help changing the "Loading Background" Jan 15, 2012 03:03 PM (Total replies: 10)

ah thats a little easy but u need a hex editor, all u need to do if i remember correctly is replace the loading background bitmap tag with the one you want to use, then u need to get a hex editor, i haven't had to use mine in a long time but i think it was a free one called xvi or something like that, and open your bitmaps.map in it. Now heres the part I'm a bit vague about so i may need to be corrected, you have to search it for that tag name i believe, and when u find it, theres a symbol u have to add or delete after it to null it out of the bitmaps cache. I will try to post an edit after I've checked to see what it is you have to null out.

EDIT:
Quote: --- Original message by: IGM_theServer
As far as I know, the bitmaps.map has nothing (OK, for the most part) to do with the game. Instead, tool uses it to read and compile bitmaps from it into the newly (or about to be) created map (so every map can have a different loading screen). So in a sense, this is not possible. But if you wanted to make a map with a custom loading screen, this is how you would do it:
I had to do this with IG-WYS_beta. It is true that the bitmap for the loading screen is stored in the bitmaps.map. However, when tool compiles the map (using build-cache-file), it uses the bitmap from the bitmaps.map. The specific tag that we're talking about is ui\shell\bitmaps\background.bitmap. This tag isn't referenced anywhere in the map (that I could find), but is used by the game. What I did was this:
1) I had my friend, Atlan, create the background (which I then compiled properly into a .bitmap).
2) I backed up my old background image (just in case), and pasted the custom background into the tags\ui\shell\bitmaps\ folder as background.bitmap.
3) DO NOT COMPILE THE MAP AT THIS TIME. It will not work... At this point, get a Hex editor if you do not already have one (XVI32 is good).
4) Using the hex editor, open the bitmaps.map file in the CE maps folder.
5) Search for ui\shell\bitmaps\background.
Note: There are actually two results that come up for this. One is the pixel count and the other is the actually bitmap.
7) On the first search, change the ui (at the selected area) to ig (for IG, of course).
8) Search again for that same string. Again, change the ui to ig.
Note: You don't have to use ig; any two character string will do.
9) Save the bitmaps.map.
10) Recompile the map.

What we've basically done is forced tool to use the bitmap in the tags folder since it cannot find ui\shell\bitmaps\background in the bitmaps.map.
Edited by IGM_theServer on Feb 11, 2008 at 01:44 AM
Edited by IGM_theServer on Feb 11, 2008 at 01:45 AM

Ah that probably explains it alot better than i did, but yea u just need to null thatout by doing what he said.
Edited by stunts513 on Jan 15, 2012 at 03:10 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » About "Halo Third Person FOV" Jan 15, 2012 12:36 PM (Total replies: 9)

Thought i'd mention i used to use avg, and it was always oversensitive to certain files, and would consider them to be trojan horses, even if they weren't. Those are false positives. I now use avast instead and instead of files always comign up as trojans, occasionally I'll get a potentially unwanted program, happened the other day when i dl'd kornmanh2beta. And if your curious why i switched it was because my computer is an older one and avg seems to slow t down a bit with the background scan( i think its called real time shields). Oh and that spam is just dev commands for halo ce, it must have glitched and gone into your xfire somehow. That wasn't just random spam.

Halo CE General Discussion » mac gun ideas Jan 14, 2012 03:03 AM (Total replies: 9)

eh, tru, but i might show it being loaded or something, idk, but i already have the projectile ported, can someone plz help out with the firing effect? I'm going for the look of the halo 2 space station firing, and i tink ive got the bitmap it uses for the effect, but other than that i have no idea on how to get effects too look proper, the most i ever did with particle systems was enlarge them...

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » vehicles keep killing players Jan 13, 2012 08:26 PM (Total replies: 20)

funny, someone else suggested that on the other thread, but i don't think that's the case because the original collision worked, the only thing different with this collision is that there is a room in the inamberclad model that's connected to the outside mesh so u can jump out of the inamberclad.

EDIT: i managed to get the model of the room working, turns out yo have to manually edit the collision model so that its not made out of dirt, which apparently is different than editing the material type on the shader. Still would like help on that other error though, cause i need to merge it or use shell one or the other.
Edited by stunts513 on Jan 16, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » vehicles keep killing players Jan 13, 2012 04:17 PM (Total replies: 20)

nope, i found the problem but even worse, its that special room we teleported to, which i really don't want to disclose what it is but the problem may be that its scenery, instead of being a part of the inamberclad, because its a room that's by itself, now i tried making it part of the inamberclad recently but the collision gave me a weird error which is in one of my other threads that didn't get too many replies. If anyone can help so that i don't have to completely redo the collision model here's the error i got when i tried to compile it last time:

c:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition>tool collision-geometry veh
icles\inamberclad
Couldn't read map file './toolbeta.map'
### inamberclad.jms
EAX: 0xFFFFFFFE
EBX: 0x003BED01
ECX: 0x0012F4C0
EDX: 0x000002CC
EDI: 0x0012F4C0
ESI: 0x00000000
EBP: 0x0012F398
ESP: 0x0012F388
EIP: 0x779F70B4, C3 8D A4 24 ?????
EXCEPTION halt in .\import_collision_bsp\build_collision_geometry.c,#979: bsp3d_
plane_test_point(plane, point0, NULL)==_bsp3d_plane_test_on

and this time i will mention again, this is not an error for compiling a map, this is the error for compiling the collision model

Halo CE General Discussion » mac gun ideas Jan 13, 2012 04:06 AM (Total replies: 9)

well technically Bungie made it, but i ported it, after that render i made a frame with mc's dimensions, and realized either halo 2 was done on a different scale or that entity doesn't export to scale for some reason, had o make it like 9000 times bigger. On the bright side its going to be a projectile so its not like you are going to be staring at it. Now anyone up for helping me make firing effects and projectile in air effects? cause its not going to fly thru the air looking like that by itself, thats almost as bad as the time i modded halo 1 to shoot rockets that had a model of a boulder.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » vehicles keep killing players Jan 12, 2012 06:58 PM (Total replies: 20)

ok, yea its the scenery, i don't know what it is exactly but i loaded and old scenario from before i populated the map, and added a ghost and a spectre and it works fine. Now i have a lengthy process of trial an error to find the problem, it better not being the inamberclad cause i need that in my map... hopefully its something like my turret tower thing I'm working on. I'll report more later

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Halo 3 UI Jan 12, 2012 06:11 PM (Total replies: 572)

yea it was weird i ported that straight from h2v, and it has a black outline ingame, but when i ported it it didn't seem to have a black line, idky. I still like it though.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » vehicles keep killing players Jan 12, 2012 06:04 PM (Total replies: 20)

i haven't had much time to try it yet because i had to go to the store with my mom today... even though all i did was stand there and look like a moron. I'll edit this or something when i do it

Halo CE General Discussion » mac gun ideas Jan 12, 2012 05:56 PM (Total replies: 9)

thanks I'll look through some of the files and see if they have anything in it useful, anyone else wanna to help make a mac gun? I haven't worked out a model for the projectile yet because i haven't seen one yet but if anyone wants to model one or something I'll be happy to give credit.
I'm not looking necessarily for anyone to do all the work for me because i can model and texture and such but if anyone has some concept ideas for me it would be useful.

Quote: You can see the projectiles being loaded into the MAC at the end of Cairo Station, in the room with the Covenant bomb. But after they were fired, they'd be so fast you wouldn't be able to see them, so I don't know if a projectile model is entirely necessary.

I will have to look at that, i never noticed that before, but if its true then i should be able to find a model somewhere i would think thanks, and that's an unproper quote because i think u replied while i was typing or something

EDIT: booyah i present to you the projectile or at least the shell i found thanks to Echo77, i ripped the model form the xbox version, its part of a device, and btw if anyone is trying to make the first level of halo 2 for halo ce still i am willing to port that device cause the animations seem fairly easy. Anyways without further ado heres a render of it:

btw i could still use help with the firing effects if someone would help or volunteer, help much appreciated.

p.s plz tell me if the picture doesn't load, because i cant view pictures i host on my local server since im hosting it with a internet ip address

Edited by stunts513 on Jan 12, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Time: Mon September 23, 2019 3:17 PM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website