A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Tristan_xXx
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 3, 2010 08:48 AM
Interests:
Your Age: Not too young, not too old...
What Games do you play: Halo CE, Spore, Combat Arms, bunch of others on PC
"Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?"
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Tristan_xXx has contributed to 100 posts out of 469507 total posts (.02%) in 4,171 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jul 3, 2010 08:48 AM (Total replies: 4974)

Quote: --- Original message by: KillerKip1
Quote: --- Original message by: iHalo
Yea, it's planned to work in the ways as a ghost does. Like 5ft off the ground fast, replacing that extra 15ft up it could handle for extra speed

Being that low of altitude, you can cause a fire on grass, melt a driveway or road, not to mention how loud it is. It wont be legal to drive except around your own property. As for speed and handling, jets need speed to handle well, they won't handle very well without a good throttle control, so speed is a must, but consider the core temperature.

If you do not control that well enough, WHOOP! There is goes! There goes the lawn, and the house too..... =P

Now if you can get it to a REAL airport, or small-port (for casenas and leer jets, then your good to go, that ground cover is designed to be smooth, slick, durable, and heat-treated for jet engines and high friction from landings).

Dad used to work on jets as an engineer for the military, he also flew airplanes, I have about 8 hours of flight time in attack choppers and 12 hours of flight time in leer jets. casenas are easy, maybe 35 hours, will check tonight, my flight log is somewhere in my room =P.

k don't forget we're talking about the world that hosts telletubies with AK-47s, giant alien space-craft, supersonic hedgehogs, 6-legged plastic boxes with rods on top surviving a nuclear blast, and warthogs/jets hitting a wall at 200MPH and bouncing back 3 feet. welcome to the world of Halo CE :D

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jul 1, 2010 11:22 AM (Total replies: 4974)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dark Neon

I got bored last night, so I started making the Halo 3 retail scorpion.

To do:
Fix the materials or some places.
Give the anti-infantry turret a seperate shader
Fix the sinking treads
Do shaders

Credit:
Bungie for model and bitmaps
Me for ingaming it
Edited by Dark Neon on Jun 28, 2010 at 10:58 PM

ok so I notice the H3 Hornet, ghosts and bipeds in the back. WHEN will this become a playable map?? just add a Chopper and it will be pretty much H3 on the PC. although some1 would have to work on the weapons...

Also @ WASP thing, looks good but I still don't get what the hell that bomb thing on the bottom is for. Is that an afterburner/engine or a bomb/rocket cuz in the old wasp you couldn't exactly use it...

also why havn't we made one of those in real life? looks feasible... not safe, yet possible

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE gore?? Jun 26, 2010 02:06 PM (Total replies: 3)

*post deleted by admin for rules violation
READ THE RULES:
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=2979

Bypassed profanity filter
Edited by Dennis on Jun 26, 2010 at 03:32 PM

4.5 years and running :) dedicated fan, despite having Crysis, MW2, COD4, and u name it, i still occasionally play Halo CE

Halo CE General Discussion » Computer Help Jun 26, 2010 01:32 PM (Total replies: 4)

no I can look it up though.
Here are the rest of the PC specs if it helps (btw about battery life, this thing will be hooked up the a charger 90% of the time. the longest I would need it alive for is for an 8-hour flight to France...)
CPU: Intel Core i7 @ 2.4 GHz
GPU: ...
RAM: 6GB
HDD: 1TB Raid0
9-cell battery

did I mention it was an Alienware M15x or M17x? (please don't lecture me on how its expensive, a waste of money, or how it would be better to build a PC, I'm aware of those aspects and I still prefer this)

Halo CE General Discussion » Computer Help Jun 26, 2010 11:31 AM (Total replies: 4)

So this is not directly related to Halo CE, but since I know many of you here are the computer geek type (like me sorta) I need some opinions

I'm getting a new laptop and I cannot decide what graphics card to get. I have a choice between an Nvidia GTX 260M (1GB) or Dual ATI Radeon 4870 CrossfireX (1GB). I'm looking to play Crysis on high settings with a good framerate. Please advise...

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV2 Killed my PC! Jun 25, 2010 06:14 PM (Total replies: 60)

well if u can play MW2 and Crysis, i heavily doubt SPV2 caused the death of ur PC. no offense to CMT or anything, but the graphics of SPV2, although much better than original Halo and very good for an unofficial game (indeed, kudos u guys), cannot really compare to crysis or even MW2 :(

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV2 Killed my PC! Jun 25, 2010 02:07 PM (Total replies: 60)

plz define "most games"

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Jun 25, 2010 09:41 AM (Total replies: 8490)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan_094
Quote: --- Original message by: Link2262
I'm not a huge fan of ripping, but that's a pretty decent Chief there. One thing I'd suggest, if at all possible, is make the armor not so...shiny. It should look more plastic-like, and not so metallic.

Eh one thing I do not want to do is make the chief so plastic, and not so shiney/metallic.

Kinda updated it from being dark.

take it u can't help the lighting on the visor? i notice that a lot, when ur in a pitchblack room and u have this gold orb bobbin around

(btw the angle of this picture makes it look slightly wrong....)

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV2 Killed my PC! Jun 25, 2010 09:36 AM (Total replies: 60)

^ spam much?

yea if you're computer can barely play Halo CE, its probably really, really, really, old. computer components such as memory, PSU, and CPU loose their abilities over time, so its not surprising you're computer is dying. time to get a new one, sorry :(

btw if u get a new comp, build one, its cheap + easy + efficient

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV2 Killed my PC! Jun 24, 2010 08:34 PM (Total replies: 60)

hooray for liquid cooling!!

FYI
Intel Core i7 @ 2.8 GHz
Nvidia GTX 260M
4GB DDR3
500GB SATAII

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV2 Killed my PC! Jun 24, 2010 05:07 PM (Total replies: 60)

ur PC sux dude sorry. If your computer can't play SPV2 then its pretty bad. can u even play regular Halo? try playing Crysis 2, then u can complain

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Jun 23, 2010 01:59 PM (Total replies: 8490)

yea ok so i'm a bit late, and havn't been in the forums for about a year, and have no idea about anything about CE map making despite having played this game for 4 years alongside Crysis (graphic irony) but i have to ask
how does the Halo graphix engine support all these new shaders and H3 stuff??

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT SPV2 A10 Public Beta Aug 6, 2009 08:52 AM (Total replies: 786)

heyy guys im back :) and OMG OMG OMFG i can't believe its finally here!! a HUGE thanks to CMT for deciding to release a beta after all cuz last time i was here, they were talking about not releasing it, so idk what i missed. but it sux cuz im in France again now and can't dl and play the beta till i get home. @$#%*! lol
u rock CMT

Halo CE General Discussion » Thank you "BUNGIE" :D Mar 2, 2009 07:59 PM (Total replies: 2)

Incase the topic hasn't already been made, thanks to 'bungie' for the H3 Spartan Models (and the awesome Crysis battlesuit) as I'm sure they will greatly help me and other map makers and end the desperate (and annoying) race for the perfect H3 Spartan (and or the perfect Crysis battlesuit)

h00ray :P

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Looking for skilled map maker Feb 12, 2009 05:59 PM (Total replies: 0)

Well, after a a completely failed attempt to create my own map using gmax, I have decided to go back to asking some1 to do, except this time i have it planned out and all

The map image is just a simple scaled down image and the text is too small to post here, so if you're interested, or just want to see the map, tell me and i'll send it to you asap

This map will be fun to play on (hopefully) and will be perfect for machinima type projects

oh, and I have also an idea for a secret room, which will be fun XP

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Feb 11, 2009 05:12 PM (Total replies: 4974)

Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo
Wraiths.

that's a nice suggestion but A) their range is a bit too far and not curved anough for the terrain, and B), the map is pretty much only human stuff, no covenant

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Feb 10, 2009 06:39 PM (Total replies: 4974)

k, i have decided to try making my first map (watch my fail) and its basically gonna be a beta of a map idea/request i had a long time ago, except now i have an actualy physical concept and layout for it

the map is gonna have artillery units, and im prob gonna use, for one team, the cannon turrets from Napalm (the human base turrets) and a few other maps i can't remember

now for the other team i need a mortar-type turret, so it can shoot over the walls and bunkers

It would be an arc-shaped firing projectory which would make it hard to aim, but fun to try shooting and hoping to get a nice hit on the attackers
I wasn't sure whether to post this in the Weapons of Vehicles thread

but can any1 help?

Halo CE General Discussion » OMG GENIAL IDEA Jan 17, 2009 02:42 PM (Total replies: 23)

*ahem* on topic
does anyone care about my "lame" idea? if not, just let this topic die for me

Halo CE General Discussion » OMG GENIAL IDEA Jan 16, 2009 03:41 PM (Total replies: 23)

yea, honestly. i thought it was a pretty good idea -.- one simple no would have saficed

Time: Wed December 11, 2019 4:26 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website