A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: KingNick220
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 2, 2017 06:37 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
xXx 420 n0sc0pes MLG xXx

Post Statistics
KingNick220 has contributed to 329 posts out of 469454 total posts (.07%) in 4,142 days (.08 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Backtracking and Trigger Volumes Jun 2, 2017 06:37 PM (Total replies: 2)

Say I want a player to backtrack through a bsp, and on his way back he faces new encounters that wake from trigger volumes. How do I get the trigger volumes to only activate when the player is backtracking?

When you say OS support and all tags, do you mean all the OS exclusive tags such as things like OS shaders?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 campaign for Halo CE Jun 20, 2016 11:28 PM (Total replies: 39)

enjoy
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=03763682117662925508

Quote: --- Original message by: War Master V
Congratulations, you just won a free CMT tag!

We'll pass on CMT content

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 11, 2015 09:28 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Idaho

Quote: --- Original message by: renegade343

This sounds like it goes against CMT's design philosophy for SPV3.. they're already expecting you to have played the game and know the story beforehand; the references are all there because they're expecting you to recognize it and appreciate it because of that prior knowledge. Terminals for more information would be cool at first, yeah, but what would they add? They're adding new environments and things, yeah, but they're keeping the main story intact since this is a reinterpretation of something that's already a thing. (Besides, Guilty Spark popping up before anyone knew what a Monitor looked like... um... inconsistent, much?)

Besides, the fact they had to cut the Sgt. Johnson cinematic means they're running out of room even with Open Sauce. If TSC:E already pushed the envelope to the tagspace limit as much as they did, then I think we should give credit to CMT for how efficient they are with their resources... they already have a TON on their plates, adding more is just plain rude. (Also, if you want an expansion on the Halo world that's sorta adherent to canon, that's why you got Lumoria, Heretic Hunt, Composition and such :3 )

Yeah I know this is a lot of work and that players should already know much about the Halo Universe but I was more thinking about inventing brand new facts, even if they're not canon, you wouldn't have to see or know who Guilty Spark is, you'd just consult terminals which would displays logs from Guilty Spark's observations.

It'd be something like, you've entered a fore runner installation and previously fought a big herd of covies, then if you pay enough attention you'd find a fore runner display that you could activate and see some text appear (just like it was in Marathon or Halo 3, you'd just have way less terminals) :

"
...Obvseration Log 045 : 343 Guilty Spark...

...These Covenants are very odd creatures, they seem to organize themselves like a hive, every race that compose their alliance has a specific purpose in their organization.

(Here you put a little introduction of each covenant races)

If my assumptions are correct, they might also have a ruling race, no sign of them on the installation though.

They all take orders from an Elite chief called "Thel 'Vadam" at first I thought he was the leader of their alliance but he seems just like a bigger piece on the chessboard, I realized he also takes orders from outside the Installation when I picked up one of his transmissions...

"

I think we never get to know precisely how the covenant or the human society is organized in the Halo games, having a few terminals scattered here and there(not more than 1 per level, even less preferably) could be a good plus, as I see it SPv3 is for confirmed Halo veterans so adding a little of new facts about the universe could only make it more real to them.

I can write the text if the guys at SPv3 don't have time for it, I have no modding skills to add a forerunner panel and make it a switch that displays text but I can do the writing, of course if the guys at SPv3 team don't like the idea, I won't push it but I don't think your arguments against it are valid, except for the "already lot of work" part.
Edited by Idaho on Jun 8, 2015 at 11:31 PM

Maybe 343 could make a comment on all the brutes spammed everywhere?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 5 does it suck? Mar 13, 2015 11:31 AM (Total replies: 22)

Quote: --- Original message by: Banshee64

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
This is why I hate debates like this. People forget opinion isn't fact. You enjoy a Halo game, you're a fanboy. You dislike a Halo game, how dare you.

It's an unwinnable argument and you got to make the decision yourself. If you liked the Halo 5 Beta, then get Halo 5. If you didn't, then don't. It's that simple. If you didn't play the Halo 5 beta, then I guess you'll just have to make the decision through what you've seen of the game.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43157158/image_2.png

Also I'd just like to dispute the misconception that Halo 4 or Halo 5 is a Halo game, a better way to classify them would be to call them fan games or fan fiction.
Edited by Banshee64 on Mar 13, 2015 at 02:47 AM

Your graph is wrong. Halo 4 launched with 400k players, not Halo 3. I think you mixed them up!!!
Edited by KingNick220 on Mar 13, 2015 at 11:32 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » t type="hidden" name="page" value="newt Mar 13, 2015 11:17 AM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
You have a terrible reputation and there is no way you have 500 people working on anything. Only by using Linux to download this would I not be anally raped by whatever viruses you have waiting in that download.

Hola amigo! Hello friend! Friend, I have you know that I a one of the 500 people working on new java project friend! Do not worry friend, no virus in here! I will post source codified for you in source code! I enjoy Linux too! Very good friend!

I was really confused with noble difficulty at first, I just thought it was a harder legendary but I was really wrong. Is flying all the way up until you die the real ending or did I miss something?

Halo CE General Discussion » Garden and Aquarii Feb 4, 2014 06:31 PM (Total replies: 69)

Map looks pretty good, how does it play though?

The carbine model looks awful, why is there an extra curve on it?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 4 tags? Dec 28, 2013 03:58 AM (Total replies: 23)

Quote: --- Original message by: ElijahB1
Extract them your self with Adjutant

Quote: --- Original message by: AllySuzumiya

Quote: --- Original message by: KingNick220
Halo, by definition, was a arena shooter. Halo 4, by definition, is a loadout based shooter. Therefore, Halo 4 is not a halo game. I find it hilarious that you're a "competitive halo player" and you enjoy features like RANDOM weapons and SPRINT. You would realize that sprint and random weapon spawns break map control. Halo 4 is made to be easy (no descoping, the insane amount of aim assist, the AR that is hitscan and kills in 13 bullets, perks, and minimum movement acceleration which leads to really bad strafing) so I wouldn't be surprised if kids who finally do well in halo 4 stick with it. Go to www.teambeyond.net and tell them how much you love those features, see how fast you get flamed by what's left of the competitive community.

Actually, ive since moved on to battlefield 4. I only played Halo 4 recently to piss around and test out my HDTV. If you read what I said before, balance isnt making players bullet sponges and nerfing weapons. Its lettimg everyone use the same weapon if they chose. Map control is nonexistant. If weapons and vehicles decide who controls the map, the players clearly arent very tactical. Play Arma for 3 minutes and youd see that weapon and vehicle superiority mean nothing when you have good tactics.

Halo 3, in my opinion, was easier than halo 4. The shields were practically non existant and you could kill anyone with a shot of the assault rifle and a melee attack. Nobody said i 'loved' these features. I've stated that this doesnt break the game. If you think a game stands on multiplayer alone, you're a casual. Fair and simple. Ironically, the last bit of skill needed in Halo was in Halo 2, when the fastest kills youd get were from battle rifle headshots, not spray and melee like Halo 3. Even still, Halo 1 was the king of competitive gaming. That and Counterstrike. Both took more than a chest high wall and a power weapon to be good at.

Also, Halo, by definition is a first person shooter first, with arena being the classification. If it were an arena shooter, Sidewinder, Sandtrap, Bloodgulch, Infinity, (and arguably ever other multiplayer level of Halo 3) aren't arena maps. Arena maps are enclosed and small. Halo was always large and encouraged exploration of the map
Edited by AllySuzumiya on Dec 15, 2013 at 07:04 PM
Arena shooters are games were everyone starts on equal footing, weapons and power ups spawn on the map, and the better players come out on top. Every halo map until Reach followed this formula, armor abilities caused this breaking of the formula. Arma 3 is a tactical simulator, Halo isn't. Comparing Arma to Halo is laughable. I honestly hate Halo 3, with its clunky movement and aiming, and it's awful hit detection and net code. Halo CE is the best halo game, with a balanced sandbox and difficult to use utility weapon. To say that Halo 2 takes no skill is pretty funny, considering halo 2 had button combos, the best movement and strafe in the series, and contained no random elements, which is something Halo 3 onward had.

Halo, by definition, was a arena shooter. Halo 4, by definition, is a loadout based shooter. Therefore, Halo 4 is not a halo game. I find it hilarious that you're a "competitive halo player" and you enjoy features like RANDOM weapons and SPRINT. You would realize that sprint and random weapon spawns break map control. Halo 4 is made to be easy (no descoping, the insane amount of aim assist, the AR that is hitscan and kills in 13 bullets, perks, and minimum movement acceleration which leads to really bad strafing) so I wouldn't be surprised if kids who finally do well in halo 4 stick with it. Go to www.teambeyond.net and tell them how much you love those features, see how fast you get flamed by what's left of the competitive community.

Lol, the irony about the Halo 4 love on a Halo:Ce forum. Go to any other dedicated Halo:Ce forum and let me know how much they love Halo 4. Halo 4 was a massive failure, the population numbers don't lie. Sprint, easy to use guns, loadouts, no ranking system, and killstreaks are what made people stop playing Halo 4, not just because it isn't made by Bungie.
Edited by KingNick220 on Nov 1, 2013 at 04:09 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Bitmap error? Jun 20, 2013 09:34 PM (Total replies: 7)

Hey guys I never seen or heard of this error before, any ideas? It happens when I launch Sapien.
(2): 06.20.13 21:26:17 EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\bitmaps\bitmaps.c,#1016: !TEST_FLAG(bitmap->flags, _bitmap_swizzled_bit (2): 06.20.13 21:26:17 EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\bitmaps\bitmaps.c,#1016: !TEST_FLAG(bitmap->flags, _bitmap_swizzled_bit(2): 06.20.13 21:26:17 EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\bitmaps\bitmaps.c,#1016: !TEST_FLAG(bitmap->flags, _bitmap_swizzled_bit(2): 06.20.13 21:26:17 EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\bitmaps\bitmaps.c,#1016: !TEST_FLAG(bitmap->flags, _bitmap_swizzled_bit(2): 06.20.13 21:26:17 EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\bitmaps\bitmaps.c,#1016: !TEST_FLAG(bitmap->flags, _bitmap_swizzled_bit(2): 06.20.13 21:26:17 EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\bitmaps\bitmaps.c,#1016: !TEST_FLAG(bitmap->flags, _bitmap_swizzled_bit(2): 06.20.13 21:26:17 EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\bitmaps\bitmaps.c,#1016: !TEST_FLAG(bitmap->flags, _bitmap_swizzled_bit(2): 06.20.13 21:26:17 EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\bitmaps\bitmaps.c,#1016: !TEST_FLAG(bitmap->flags, _bitmap_swizzled_bit(2): 06.20.13 21:26:17 EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\bitmaps\bitmaps.c,#1016: !TEST_FLAG(bitmap->flags, _bitmap_swizzled_bit(2): 06.20.13 21:26:17 EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\bitmaps\bitmaps.c,#1016: !TEST_FLAG(bitmap->flags, _bitmap_swizzled_bit(2): 06.20.13 21:26:17 EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\bitmaps\bitmaps.c,#1016: !TEST_FLAG(bitmap->flags, _bitmap_swizzled_bit(2): 06.20.13 21:26:17 EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\bitmaps\bitmaps.c,#1016: !TEST_FLAG(bitmap->flags, _bitmap_swizzled_bit(2): 06.20.13 21:26:17 EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\bitmaps\bitmaps.c,#1016: !TEST_FLAG(bitmap->flags, _bitmap_swizzled_bit(2): 06.20.13 21:26:17 EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\bitmaps\bitmaps.c,#1016: !TEST_FLAG(bitmap->flags, _bitmap_swizzled_bit(2): 06.20.13 21:26:17 EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\bitmaps\bitmaps.c,#1016: !TEST_FLAG(bitmap->flags, _bitmap_swizzled_bit(2): 06.20.13 21:26:17 EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\bitmaps\bitmaps.c,#1016: !TEST_FLAG(bitmap->flags, _bitmap_swizzled_bit(2): 06.20.13 21:26:17 EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\bitmaps\bitmaps.c,#1016: !TEST_FLAG(bitmap->flags, _bitmap_swizzled_bit(2): 06.20.13 21:26:17 EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\bitmaps\bitmaps.c,#1016: !TEST_FLAG(bitmap->flags, _bitmap_swizzled_bit(2): 06.20.13 21:26:17 EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\bitmaps\bitmaps.c,#1016: !TEST_FLAG(bitmap->flags, _bitmap_swizzled_bit(2): 06.20.13 21:26:17 EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\bitmaps\bitmaps.c,#1016: !TEST_FLAG(bitmap->flags, _bitmap_swizzled_bit

Halo CE General Discussion » Poll for Players May 23, 2013 05:38 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
Quote: --- Original message by: KingNick220
Quote: --- Original message by: StormUndBlackbird
Do players who are so "MLG" always talk in the language of that poll? I've been missing stuff nowadays lol.

Such lingo as "BK" and "random" has been around since 2004, and there is no more MLG for halo, so anyone who says they are "MLG" (Which doesn't even make sense in the first place, "I am Major League Gaming?") Is a liar.

Burger King? :o

Why isn't there MLG for Halo anymore?

tbh, halo 4 is meh to me.

BK stands for "bad kid"
A good read on MLG and Halo
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/01/24/halo-out-and-cod-in-at-major-league-gaming-but-why/

Halo CE General Discussion » Poll for Players May 23, 2013 12:47 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: StormUndBlackbird
Do players who are so "MLG" always talk in the language of that poll? I've been missing stuff nowadays lol.

Such lingo as "BK" and "random" has been around since 2004, and there is no more MLG for halo, so anyone who says they are "MLG" (Which doesn't even make sense in the first place, "I am Major League Gaming?") Is a liar.

Halo CE General Discussion » Poll for Players May 23, 2013 12:17 PM (Total replies: 11)

Hi. I made a poll for the players of Halomaps who get killing sprees and 3sk all day. When the poll expires I will post the results on this thread.

Here is a link to the poll.. It's completely anonymous so no one will know who you are when you submit.

It's similar to the CE3 poll but it's a lot more detailed and the results are more useful.

Let me know if there's something about the poll that is wrong or misspelled.

did somebody say Halo wars dialogue?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65039039/u%20sohuldnt%20play%20with%20matches.wav

Edited by KingNick220 on May 17, 2013 at 07:35 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Damnit Dennis, you broke Bungie LLC. May 12, 2013 12:54 AM (Total replies: 55)

Quote: --- Original message by: AllySuzumiya

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis

The malcontent you are referring, to use your terminology, was obviously already "broken" if he thought that was the way to conduct himself in public. Blaming me for his actions is ridiculous. I have already banned both of his accounts.

I have to say his reaction to his first account being banned was childishly predictable.
Edited by Dennis on May 11, 2013 at 10:00 PM

He listed you directly as reasoning for posting these things (and i do mean "things") onto the forum. I am not up to date on the situation and, therefore, my obligation as a third party is to hold both the first and second to equal accountability. I was not directly "blaming you" for his actions, but I've understood from experience that one's haste can be affected by the environment the person is in, as well as the people that are placed around him. If one's productivity is downplayed by another, they will naturally attempt to compensate as their ambition would inspire them to "prove" the other person wrong. That's called manipulation.

Next thing; My "blame" for you is a double edged sword. It's not only referring to you being the inspiration for such an event but it's also referring to your lack of preemptive action. If I were to speak from a standpoint of law, the very housing of these images, even for the slightest moment, warrants immediate legal action from any party involved. One can classify it as an act of sexual harassment and that same person can label you as an accessory to said crime. Where you may not get arrested, you could face revocation of the ownership of this site with a hefty fine to accompany it. Asides from that; If someone were underage viewing this material, you could be held under light as a potential pedophile. Let's just remember that this is all theoretic, though. Asides from "deleting both of his accounts"; Prevent him from connecting to the site with an IP ban. Cold fusion marking may not be the best commercial language for site administration, but you should be able to do this. regardless.

Edited by AllySuzumiya on May 11, 2013 at 10:16 PM

You are honestly a terrible troll Althroes, please give up and stop trolling this great community.

-{NP}Thr0s

Time: Fri November 15, 2019 9:45 PM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website