A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: kingfish999
About Contact
Last Post: Apr 22, 2014 09:26 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 21
What Games do you play: Halo CE, BF2, COD4, Americas Army, alot of other games
I like Pie
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
kingfish999 has contributed to 52 posts out of 469463 total posts (.01%) in 4,139 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » vehicle sounds request Apr 22, 2014 09:26 PM (Total replies: 0)

been out of modding for a long time now. I get bored sometimes and start working on some unfinished projects I would like to complete. im having a big problem tho with making sounds for vehicles. the way I use to do them doesn't seems to work anymore and they always cause a lot of problems. also I was hoping someone might have a few sounds as the only ones I have sound like crap on the rare times I can even hear them. I can provide some sound files but they would probably need to be edited in some software to loop better and sound better

first I want is for my Ford Bronco. I want this truck to sound like an offroad truck. I want it LOUD like a supped up high rpm engine with no exhaust would sound like. cause I want it to sound like mine IRL really. something that you would hear during a mudbog like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmqibvstquw

o and yess there will be a version with the topper removed and a 50cal on the back

next is for my terrorist Technical. I just want it to sound like a crappy light duty pickup you would expect to hear.

and finally for me Humvee and Avenger

Edited by kingfish999 on Apr 22, 2014 at 09:29 PM

o and completely off topic, is there a link where I can get the original tags provided in HEK? I have a lot of corrupt tags from extracting in HEK+
Edited by kingfish999 on Apr 22, 2014 at 09:30 PM

so basicly it wont play each sound randomly? thats not what i want. i want each sound to be able to play randomly otherwise it wouldnt be worth it.

whenever i get time im gonna try and figuer out how to get it to work right. ive done it before i can do it again.

how do you fix them so i know how to?

im also having this problem. i was just about to make a thread to ask when i saw this. i have a sound looping that playes 10+ permulations randomly but it exeptions right after the first. cant seem to figuer it out.

also a somewhat related problem, if i have the sound class as music, it wont play in the map some reason. not that it matters but it use to work and now it doesnt. any ideas why?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » how to flags streching from speed? Jul 3, 2012 05:36 PM (Total replies: 2)

yep that makes sense. idk y i didnt find that out of the 50+ times i looked at it. thanks

EDIT:
that didnt do anything. its still streching even when set to 0
Edited by kingfish999 on Jul 3, 2012 at 09:09 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » how to flags streching from speed? Jul 3, 2012 04:59 PM (Total replies: 2)

making a vehicle (Ford Bronco) and i have 2 flags on the back. they look really good when the vehicles sitting but when you get any speed they strech and look retarted. i know that this is jsut the game but is there a way to stop it? heres what im dealling with:

Normal. wind blows it nicley

Moving. streches 3x longer

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Lucario model rigging request Jun 27, 2012 04:58 PM (Total replies: 11)

alright, that is bad@$$!! thanks alot man, much better than i could ever hoped for. tried it ingame and its great. looks wird holding pistols lol. also has some random times it looks weird (tail for instance) but hey thats to be expected when its soo different than the MC. now im gonna have to edit some animations. gonna try and make an AI version of it that can use Aura Sheres and maby some other moves.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Lucario model rigging request Jun 24, 2012 11:50 PM (Total replies: 11)

ya im trying to rerig it to where i can use halo animations. like i orignially said, it has boned but there not really usable in halo cause there soo many and there not gonna match any animations. still trying to figuer it out but got other stuff to do

defiantly dont have patience to do all those aniamtinos. if i would end up just making it a NPC and make it fire aura balls like a hunter
Edited by kingfish999 on Jun 24, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Lucario model rigging request Jun 23, 2012 09:53 PM (Total replies: 11)

bump for still needing help with it. i tried a few times today but i cant apply any animations without it being completly fubar

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Lucario model rigging request Jun 8, 2012 07:55 PM (Total replies: 11)

well anybody who wants to try, send me a pm with an email i can send it to. ive gotten close but then when test with animations it looks like a retard trying to run. i just dont have patience to do every single vertex with different weights

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Lucario model rigging request Jun 7, 2012 05:17 PM (Total replies: 11)

I have a Lucario model from Super Smash Brother Brawl. ive had it for a long time now and i havent been able to rig it good enough to where it was worth using. i need someone who can rig it correctly. i got the textures and it does have bones from SSBB but they arnt usable for anything really.

Heres a quick render

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Vehicle suspension animations Feb 6, 2012 08:43 AM (Total replies: 4)

thanks. its not quite done yet and im not very good modeling. model isnt quite done yet, im probably gonna add some more detail to it and fix afew problems with it ingame. i might have to delete the flags cause when moving, they strech out alot and it looks stupid

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Vehicle suspension animations Jan 26, 2012 04:44 PM (Total replies: 4)

alright i finally got it working. not near as effective as i was hoping for but it does work. this whole ground depth thing im not a fan of. cant get it perfect while making it look good. i was hoping i could make this vehicle have alot of wheel travel and articualtion but it doesnt look like the game engine will alow it

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Vehicle suspension animations Jan 25, 2012 08:25 AM (Total replies: 4)

Im trying to finish up some old projects of mine ive been wanting to finish forever. I need alittle help with setting up vehicle suspension animations. the animatinos themselfs are easy to make and are a simple overlay aniamtions. i have the mass point index set based from the list of mass points in the physics tag. i just dont know how to set the numbers correctly for each full extension ground depth and full compress ground depth. i have tried many trial and error attempts but i cant get it to work. i can make the suspension fully extended ingame or fully retracted but i cant get them to move going over bumps or falls. any help would be apprecieated.

This is the vehicle i want to get done notive the suspension fully compressed. however id like to get all my other vehicles with correct suspension animations aswell.

On a side note, i could use someone who can help me with a custom weapon HUD for another project.
Edited by kingfish999 on Jan 25, 2012 at 08:27 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » help with bitmaps with alpha channels Jan 5, 2009 12:13 AM (Total replies: 4)

sry i didnt know ppl posted in this thread. what i was doing was completly different then what i was suppose to do. i was making a channel in photoshop by coping the vieable bitmap, creating a channel and calling it Alpha 01 then pasting it and making it all white. thats how i saw it in a few tutorials but i guess that doesnt work with what im doing.

thats when i noticed that if i make the backgorund of the image transparent and making sure it the check box to save the transparancy is checked (thats my main problem) then it will work right.

also yeah like you said, set as explicit alpha then recompile with tool but i found that out instantly.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » help with bitmaps with alpha channels Dec 24, 2008 04:33 PM (Total replies: 4)

i know how to make bitmaps but never learned how to make them with certian alpha channel. on some of my guns i made, you might see hwo they have ironsights instead of a scope, but the sights are black and have no color. im trying to fix that and i know how too. but when i made a bitmap, the alpha channels dont work.

will someone tell me how to make a bitmap with a correct alpha channel? when i make an alpha channel in photoshop, then use tool, the tag doesnt have the alpha channel.

need help cause im wanting to make a few more weapons and update some old baddly made ones and this will definatly be an improvement.

kingfish999

EDIT: figueres i spend a week on this and right after i finaly ask, i figuer it out.....
Edited by kingfish999 on Dec 24, 2008 at 05:06 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » A good graphics card? Sep 16, 2008 03:49 PM (Total replies: 34)

ok guys theres a few things u guys should consider before buying a video card that u heard is good. before u spend $100 on something ur comp cant even handle, consider this.

if ur going to buy a new video card for an old computer, make sure u know what kinds of cards u can use. most older computers use AGP cards or sometimes AGP Pro. some use regualar PCI but newer computers use PCI express or even PCI express 2.0. you really need you know what kind of card u need befor u buy it.

also u need to make sure u even have room for it inside ur case. if u already have a video card that ur replacing, its usualy not a problem but u can still have parts get in the way if its bigger for different shape.

last thing is that if ur powersupply can even power it correctly. you can have the perfect card for your computer but if the powersupply cant supply enough watts and amps, then it either wont work or will damage the computer.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » G36C HELP!!!! Jul 26, 2008 08:22 PM (Total replies: 4)

u know that i mostly did all the work. considering that u had no idea what u were doing when i looked at what u done and then used teamviewer to do most the work. plus it was my models, sounds, textures.

Time: Tue November 19, 2019 10:04 PM 204 ms.
A Halo Maps Website