A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Cagerrin
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 26, 2010 05:14 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 16
What Games do you play: Halo, various Valve games, Homeworld 2, Republic Commando, Jedi Academy, Deus Ex
uh oh

Post Statistics
Cagerrin has contributed to 49 posts out of 469656 total posts (.01%) in 4,197 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » SketchUp - Works In Progress [WIP] Aug 26, 2010 05:14 AM (Total replies: 84)

Quote: --- Original message by: Russ Jackal
How contributive Zira...jesus christ.

Speaking of Sketchup, apparently some people are using it to make Forge maps for Halo Reach, I don't no any details on how and why but it's pretty cool:

*snip snip snip*

I wish you all great freshness (except Zira, may he suffer from an epic drought),
Russ Jackal

Unless they've fixed the models since I last messed with them, they're terribly done. Interior faces and flipped normals everywhere, as well as a lot of single faces used for both sides of a wall, which would of course render one side invisible without doublesided mats, and even with them would look bad.

Halo CE General Discussion » SketchUp - Works In Progress [WIP] Aug 20, 2010 11:59 PM (Total replies: 84)

Quote: --- Original message by: Muscl3r
So u can use sketchup to make bsp's and tags?

You'll have to do a ton of stuff to in in Max, but you could in theory model everything in sketchup.

Halo CE General Discussion » SketchUp - Works In Progress [WIP] Aug 20, 2010 10:29 PM (Total replies: 84)

It's a Forerunner thingy? This isn't immediately obvious to you?

Both renders are only half of the map. First is right half, second is left.

Halo CE General Discussion » SketchUp - Works In Progress [WIP] Aug 20, 2010 05:29 AM (Total replies: 84)

This's probably going into UT3 rather than Halo(CE is *ridiculously* picky ugh), I've tried figuring out Max so I can fix all the errors but I just can't get the hang of it, and the terrible navigation isn't helping.

Quote: --- Original message by: Zira Vadum
Quote: --- Original message by: Hydrogen
im not gonna read 3 paragraphs thats what schools for i will read one paragraph thats it..

Reading is good for the mind...I command you to now read a 600 page novel like I do. NOW.

Only 600? Read Anathem or something.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Reach Discussion Jul 25, 2010 02:58 AM (Total replies: 1379)

Didn't think of that. Thanks for getting my hopes up Australia.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Reach Discussion Jul 25, 2010 02:48 AM (Total replies: 1379)

So apparently the Australian government's game classification site lists Reach as multi-platform.

probably just a slip-up, but you never know...

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Reach Discussion Jul 25, 2010 01:46 AM (Total replies: 1379)

Quote: --- Original message by: Hydrogen
i wonder what the tunnel on the island goes to :D

Other side of the island, according to a Bungie dev on HBO who was answering questions.

Who was [W@R]CWC? He basically spent three or four rounds complaining about how "the pistol sucks", despite all evidence to the contrary.

HCE
TF2
Alien Swarm
Neotokyo(get this)
Space Station 13(also get this)

Halo CE General Discussion » SketchUp - Works In Progress [WIP] Jul 3, 2010 09:50 PM (Total replies: 84)

I have such a huge backlog of sketchup stuff.

Halo CE General Discussion » Map Maker Needed! Jun 16, 2010 01:49 AM (Total replies: 50)

Quote: --- Original message by: ODXAs much as I might understand your approach to this, I think it'd be better if you simply posted your blueprints for the map and let every potential mapper take a look at them before having to look through the thread, read your post and then email you before they got to take a glance at them.

Seconding this.

Also what is Hunter's problem, anyways? Somebody mud his Wheaties every morning or something?

It's not a very good model tbh. Seemed to me the guy who modeled it did so with no knowledge whatsoever of sealed world rules.

++++

Exporting .3ds files will work, but as often as not it seems to miss random tris.

You're better off finding a .dxf exporter(which will work with the free version of Sketchup). Can't remember where I found the one I'm using, but it exports with a hell of a lot fewer problems than either the built-in .3ds or .dxf exporters that come with the pro version.

I wonder if you could have four players as ODSTs/Spartans and the other twelve as various Covenant. Could probably use bump possession or something inside the covie spawn, have a script spawn random bipeds...
Edited by Cagerrin on Sep 29, 2009 at 02:16 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » a cool moded map you might wanna see Sep 15, 2009 10:29 PM (Total replies: 10)

I want those brain cells back.

Halo CE General Discussion » Review my game Pls Aug 31, 2009 04:57 AM (Total replies: 43)

Quote: --- Original message by: Greenfuzz
Mod maps that dont get modded that much that would have sick gameplay

Like prisoner or prisoner.

ftfy

Halo CE General Discussion » Everything looks better out of game Aug 17, 2009 11:00 PM (Total replies: 28)

Problem is that the CE community seems to have waaay more people who can model than it does people who can texture, so a lot of maps just get default textures slapped on and look horrible.

Halo CE General Discussion » !!!District 9 stole from Halo!!! Aug 17, 2009 12:44 AM (Total replies: 72)

It's the rifle that the Halo sniper rifle was based on. http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn55-e.htm

Halo CE General Discussion » How can i play single player maps? Aug 10, 2009 01:36 AM (Total replies: 3)

Hit the tilde key (~), then type "map_name example" without the quotation marks.

Example being the exact name of the map you want to play.

Halo CE General Discussion » Custom HUD (W.I.P. or a request) Aug 10, 2009 12:49 AM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: jacknme
Quote: --- Original message by: RougeSpartan414
Why have the shield bar curved?

I guess its supposed to look like the edge of the spartan's visor

Makes me think more of a Monitor, actually.

Y'know, maybe you could put the health bar on the right side rather than at the bottom, have it mirror the shield bar.

Monitor HUD <3
Edited by Cagerrin on Aug 10, 2009 at 12:49 AM

Time: Sat January 18, 2020 1:12 AM 469 ms.
A Halo Maps Website