A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: treasure
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 21, 2015 04:01 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
treasure has contributed to 34 posts out of 469494 total posts (.01%) in 4,142 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » halo ce update message Jan 21, 2015 04:01 AM (Total replies: 4)

i got the hac2 file and installed it, all works good, thanks guys.

so many people playing ce when i went on, excellent to see, i will need to brush up on my keyboard commands and get back into it.

Halo CE General Discussion » halo ce update message Jan 18, 2015 07:25 AM (Total replies: 4)

hi guys, when i try to start halo ce now i get a message

manual update required! see http://hosthpc.com/update of course this goes no-where, no maps visible, and i am thus locked out of the game. any tips on this one?

thanks in advance

treasure

Halo CE General Discussion » CE Map Hosting with Mod May 20, 2011 08:06 PM (Total replies: 32)

ok, got it, thanks Chief, sorry, sometimes it takes me a couple of goes before it crystallises.

Halo CE General Discussion » CE Map Hosting with Mod May 20, 2011 05:00 PM (Total replies: 32)

Thanks 117, this tool did the trick - for the Halo PC blood Gulch file. When i tried to mod the Halo CE file i got the below error message, it would not open. A bit odd as the program is titled for CE. Any thoughts on that one? Assuming i can open the CE file i want to apply the additional characteristics. Change the impact area from a hugh bright flash to a simple bullet impact, start with 100 rounds, reload every 8 rounds, not 4. Are these covered by the program?, if so what are these parameters called in the prog. After making the mod in Halo PC i created a game in LAN and played successfully with the mod. Be great if i could do the same for CE.

Halo CE General Discussion » CE Map Hosting with Mod May 20, 2011 12:17 AM (Total replies: 32)

It's definatly Halo CE. perhaps they have discovered some workaround, but i would tend to think that it'd be something available to most people, like a modding program, why would they spend so much time on making something work that doesnt have that much consequence. Also, it appears to be a large clan, and clans that size have strong policies on not promoting pirated or dodgy software http://smgclan.com/

Halo CE General Discussion » CE Map Hosting with Mod May 19, 2011 11:41 PM (Total replies: 32)

i know it may be hard to believe but each player does not need to have the modded version. I have not downloaded a modded version of bloodgulch, i use the standard map that comes with the program. Their game appears in the same area as all the other blood gulches. When i join, the message comes up "Loading Map Blood Gulch" I can put some screen shots here if you like to show you. Or you can join in a game and see for yourself. SmG is hosting many servers, and there is anywhere between 2 and 5 maps playing bloodgulch at any one time. There are up to 2 maps with these "Power Snipers" One map starts up saying "Snipers shoot tank shells", another says "10X damage with Snipers" at the screen that appears while you enter play.

Halo CE General Discussion » CE Map Hosting with Mod May 19, 2011 09:53 PM (Total replies: 32)

the mod is intended for Halo CE. I assume that once i mod the bloodgulch map, then that is the map i upload onto the game hoster/server, then when players come in to play, my modded map sends the plays map instructions on how to load the weapons' ammunition type.

there is a clan called SmG that has done this mod for bloodgulch but they are unwilling to use it for team slayer. Maps with the mod lead to uneven gameplay due to the landscape of bloodgulch. Teamslayer fixes this. I used to play this mod a lot in chaosgulch in teamslayer, and it works really well, but making it work in bloodgulch is a better solution

I noticed that the HEK has several programs included in it. Which one of them will do what i am looking to do?

Halo CE General Discussion » CE Map Hosting with Mod May 19, 2011 09:01 PM (Total replies: 32)

yes, quite a few maps for PC have this mod happening. i was as surprised as you to see this happening. I have never done any modding before, so not sure where to start. Do i need a specific program to do this?

Halo CE General Discussion » CE Map Hosting with Mod May 19, 2011 08:39 PM (Total replies: 32)

I am wanting to host a bloodgulch gametype, team slayer. Snipers that shoot tank shells. I never thought this could be done (extra damage snipers in bloodgulch) but there are games hosted now that do this. Apart from simple hosting, how would i approach the coding aspect to make this happen. (i know it sounds a bit noobie, but its good fun).

Halo CE General Discussion » How do I put pictures in maps? Feb 4, 2011 08:57 PM (Total replies: 14)

you could also try doing a search on photo format conversion program. there must be heaps, i use photoshop, even earlier ones will do the job fine

I know this is not a CE question, dont know where else to post this, so hopefully my question can be accomodated.

Currently i am enjoying playing a map entitled 1bk in the halo for pc game. It can fire off multiple sniper rounds without having to reload, each round is like a tank shell. great mindless fun after a busy day. There are a few transporter spots eg, walking onto a pistol in the base transports you to a side cliff ledge.

Some people seem to be able to transport to top ledge in map somehow, no idea how they do that. It does give unfair advantage and they cant be persuaded not to do it.

My thinking is, if you cant beat em, join em. Does anyone know how they do that?

Halo CE General Discussion » the bird sound Nov 21, 2010 11:37 PM (Total replies: 6)

does anyone know what bird makes the sound that is used in at least the danger canyon map, it goes "ya da da"in a high note.

dont remember hearing it on another map. Is it an American bird, as i haven't heard it where i come from.

Please try to keep answers serious, although i dont think some will.

Halo CE General Discussion » multiple screens Oct 2, 2010 09:38 PM (Total replies: 8)

cool, thanks heaps

Halo CE General Discussion » multiple screens Oct 2, 2010 09:16 PM (Total replies: 8)

XD, thanks for that, gonna dash out and get my second screen. in case i need to run halo in windowed mode, where is the entry point to initiate that?

Halo CE General Discussion » multiple screens Oct 2, 2010 09:06 PM (Total replies: 8)

presently i use 1 x 22"screen for halo and office applications. I need to get another screen for work/office programs - using both displays so i can have more program windows open and visible at one time. How will that effect the screen display when it comes to fun time on halo? will it be possible to have halo on 1 screen only? dont want to have the picture stretched out over 2 screens. any tips on this will be appreciated, have been needing to get a second screen for ages, but have held off because of uncertainty on how halo will appear. I have a GeForce GTX285 video card that supports 2 displays.

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » halo 2 jarring seriously Sep 6, 2010 02:36 PM (Total replies: 6)

Hi Guys, thanks for your tips. i ended up fixing this problem rather easily. Its a bit bizzare though. As soon as i logged in with my live account, or whatever they call it, problem disappeared. Dont log in, problem happens. sounds like microsoft showing some sort of dark side.

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » halo 2 jarring seriously Jun 11, 2010 06:11 PM (Total replies: 6)

driver is the latest one, checked on nividia site, same problem when running in window mode. help

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » halo 2 jarring seriously Jun 11, 2010 03:59 AM (Total replies: 6)

i have halo 2 for pc, and it is jarring so badly when moving its unplayable. i have a good video card GTX285, win7, i7cpu. Crysis plays well on it, so i dont know why h2 is doing this. no idea where to start on this one. any suggestions would be very welcome. mouse is also extremely sluggish, but no jarring

Halo CE General Discussion » Assymetrical maps for Assault Mar 25, 2009 02:49 AM (Total replies: 4)

thanks for the links Dennis - i will load them up and check them out

Halo CE General Discussion » Assymetrical maps for Assault Mar 24, 2009 05:06 PM (Total replies: 4)

Off the top of your head is anyone aware of some assymetrical maps that could be used as an assault variant? With an assymetrical map the idea would be that the assault direction is always the same, ie, the 2 teams need to switch sides completly (assault time would be lengthened). Most maps have similarities going from either end of the map to the other - looking for maps well away from that.

Time: Sat December 7, 2019 7:06 AM 328 ms.
A Halo Maps Website