A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: hsst71340
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 17, 2012 07:09 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
hsst71340 has contributed to 28 posts out of 464935 total posts (.01%) in 4,381 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Question about shader extension in OS2 Jan 17, 2012 07:09 AM (Total replies: 1)

Hello everyone

I have successfully compiled the d3d9.dll with the source code from OS2 google code site. It seemed that this build was compatible with Halo CE 1.09 version.

But I had problem creating new shader model tag which should have "shader model extension" block for normal mapping and so on. I wondered if I need to rebuild OS_HEK for 1.09 to make new shader model tag appear in OS_Guerilla or just use the version from 1.08.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Quote:
OS_toolbeta build-cache-file-ex

Is there an open sauce tool?
Edited by hsst71340 on Oct 15, 2009 at 09:52 AM
Edited by hsst71340 on Oct 15, 2009 at 09:53 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » HUD - Works in Process thread [WIP] Oct 15, 2009 09:35 AM (Total replies: 1707)

Quote: --- Original message by: BeachParty clan

Quote: --- Original message by: hsst71340
So...Is it possible to make compass work?

en-ti-re-ly =)

but you're gonna have to wait a bit longer till i finished the new bitmaps for the odst compass, but rest assured, i have holidays starting tommorow *that means i have more time to work on it*

Also, tweaked night vision, all that remains is adding an outline without using the wireframe command, i have another method for it but it only works on dynamic objects like vehicles and bipeds, not the BSP =/

it works perfectly, not too much, dark areas get lit up, and you're blinded when walking in a light area ofcourse, which is also the case in odst ofcourse

Quote: --- Original message by: Roflcopter
http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg435/Rofldonutburger/visor_test.png

My new visor :X Crit please.

not bad, not bad at all. your gradient is perfect, now make a decent alpha channel for it and put it ingame, show us how it looks =P
I'd be bchng about small detaills, but nah, im just a detail freak... just get it ingame =)

Edited by BeachParty clan on Oct 15, 2009 at 04:41 AM

How do you make dark area lit up? Night vision on sniper rifle?

By the way

great job :)
Edited by hsst71340 on Oct 15, 2009 at 09:37 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » HUD - Works in Process thread [WIP] Oct 15, 2009 04:25 AM (Total replies: 1707)

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
To get the effect of the compass is easy, use a 3d hud. Metriod online did this, and it's pretty simple.

I know, i did it too, but all animations would have to be adjusted just for that, which is not worth the effort for all the weapons.
even if it's in the fp model, you're going to need to adjust all the weapon animations to get the compass in properly, which wasnt a problem for the metroid online team since they knew it from the start, so they considered it while designing.

tl:dr it's not worth the effort to do it that way, as i mentioned earlier.

but hey, lookie what i just figured out:

i was fooling around in hek, and i figured out that multitex overlays in the primary screen is possible afterall

So...Is it possible to make compass work?

Halo CE General Discussion » HUD - Works in Process thread [WIP] Oct 13, 2009 08:13 AM (Total replies: 1707)

Does the compass work?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Tool problem 2 Aug 11, 2009 09:02 AM (Total replies: 5)

Ignore that.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Dialogue Jul 22, 2009 01:33 AM (Total replies: 6)

(sound_impulse_start [sound] [object] [real] )

[object] is the name of an object that you want the sound to come from

EX:

(sound_impulse_start "sound\dialog\x10\keyes02" keyes_x10 1 )

keyes_x10 will say "sound\dialog\x10\keyes02"
Edited by hsst71340 on Jul 22, 2009 at 01:40 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Dialogue Jul 20, 2009 01:18 AM (Total replies: 6)

To make mouth data.

Open your sound tag in guerilla.
You can find "class" on the top of the tag.
Change class to "unit_dialog".
And rebuild the sound with tool.

Halo CE General Discussion » bloom Jul 9, 2009 11:19 AM (Total replies: 21)

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=20755

Bump on object.....

Halo CE General Discussion » Why does HEK hate me :( Jul 9, 2009 10:53 AM (Total replies: 5)

Try SteelixB's Halo Tag Converter

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4279

That exception was caused by some model_animation tags which was extracted with HEKPlus.

Halo CE General Discussion » Waypoint... Jul 9, 2009 10:47 AM (Total replies: 0)

So...
I have a question about waypoint.

Does anyone know how to make more than four waypoints show on your screen?

I have tried many times.

But it seems four is the limit.

Thanks.

Halo CE General Discussion » shader_transparent_glass? May 5, 2009 05:54 AM (Total replies: 4)

oh.. Is it possible to fix this?

Halo CE General Discussion » shader_transparent_glass? May 4, 2009 05:48 AM (Total replies: 4)

Yes... colour setting works...

But when you look carefully... it is still green and red

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » making weight to objects. May 3, 2009 09:59 PM (Total replies: 5)

vehicles must need animations

Halo CE General Discussion » shader_transparent_glass? May 3, 2009 09:40 PM (Total replies: 4)

In shader_transparent_glass tags, there is bump-cubemap,and you can choose a bump map.

But... Why the reflection in game is green and red?

Is anything wrong?...

Thanks...

Halo CE General Discussion » Open sauce (d3d9.dll) question Feb 9, 2009 10:47 PM (Total replies: 5)

What do you mean scripting?

Halo CE General Discussion » Open sauce (d3d9.dll) question Feb 6, 2009 09:50 AM (Total replies: 5)

I finally completed open sauce. And it output a file (d3d9.dll).
I placed that file into my CE folder,Starting Haloce.exe. It worked normally.

I want to know how to edit open sauce and change the engine(new tags,recording....etc)
because I'm a beginner of C++ programing.

Hope that someone good at C++ could help me.
Thanks~

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Tool exception, help please Feb 3, 2009 10:48 PM (Total replies: 8)

Check material IDs

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Bump Map Help Feb 3, 2009 10:37 PM (Total replies: 1)

Here. http://ghost.halomaps.org/tutorials/tuts/bump/easy.htm

Time: Mon August 3, 2020 8:17 AM 235 ms.
A Halo Maps Website