A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: chrisk123999
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 8, 2011 03:06 PM
Interests: Halo, Computers, Computer Programming, Game Design
Your Age: 19
What Games do you play: Halo, H2V, Source, Etc..
=CE= Chris [Captain] [=]
Email: {hidden}
AIM: chrisk123999@gm
MSN IM: chrisk123999@li
Yahoo IM:

Post Statistics
chrisk123999 has contributed to 1661 posts out of 410771 total posts (.40%) in 2,203 days (.75 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

The problem with hosting custom maps is getting people to join. It just doesn't happen.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Perfect Host Detection Script Oct 26, 2011 07:28 PM (Total replies: 52)

It lets you detect whether or not the local client is the host, so you can do stuff (suck as spawning vehicles) without clients running specific parts of the code. With the vehicle spawning example, it eliminates the duplicate vehicles clients will get if you don't check whether they're host or not before you spawn them.

Yoyorast Island V2 has quite extensive use of this for example.
Edited by chrisk123999 on Oct 26, 2011 at 07:28 PM

Edit: Realized I messed up the script. Fixed now.
Edited by chrisk123999 on Oct 27, 2011 at 04:27 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Perfect Host Detection Script Oct 25, 2011 10:05 PM (Total replies: 52)

Then your doing something wrong.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Perfect Host Detection Script Oct 25, 2011 07:42 AM (Total replies: 52)

Try placing a race vehicle spawn in the sync room.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Perfect Host Detection Script Oct 24, 2011 09:46 PM (Total replies: 52)

I can't remember, but I think you just have a big room with a trigger volume set to teleport the vehicles out to the correct spot on the map once they respawn in there.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Perfect Host Detection Script Oct 24, 2011 09:31 PM (Total replies: 52)

I have it set to e-mail me when someone posts in this topic. And my Google Chrome is set to inform me upon new e-mails. :)

I'm sure someone around here knows the proper way to get your own vehicles to spawn properly in Race. I know we got it working in Yoyo v2 somehow.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Perfect Host Detection Script Oct 24, 2011 09:26 PM (Total replies: 52)

I'm not sure. Halo has a really funny way of doing race vehicle spawns.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Editing Kit AIO - C# Developers Needed Sep 14, 2011 01:05 AM (Total replies: 525)

Both sides to the story. He used the auto-update in one of his programs to make the program stop working. Don't remember why.

Dennis removed all of his programs from this site.

The problems with hosting custom maps is that nobody bothers to download them. It's nearly impossible to get players to join. So we just end up hosting stock maps. The biggest problem is that the player needs to leave the game and visit this website to get custom maps. That makes anyone who isn't good with computers unable to play custom maps.

The Halo 1 remake is a remake of the console version. I highly doubt they would make a PC version of it.

(Yes, I know it's based off the HCE code)

Halo CE General Discussion » Command Prompt? Aug 28, 2011 07:13 PM (Total replies: 20)

296 KB of hard drive space apparently. However it's the theory that is wrong.

Halo CE General Discussion » Command Prompt? Aug 28, 2011 06:53 PM (Total replies: 20)

Their is doing it the right way, and doing it the lazy way.

Halo CE General Discussion » Command Prompt? Aug 28, 2011 04:57 PM (Total replies: 20)

Blind leading the blind. Please ignore the above posts^

Command prompt is part of windows. On your computer you should open up your Halo Custom Edition older, hold down shift and right click. Then click on "open command window here". You can also make a shortcut to cmd.exe in the system32 folder and change the "start in" folder to your Halo Custom Edition folder.

Exact same reaction in this thread as the one on Modacity.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo PC .map Script Aug 26, 2011 10:31 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: Sprinkle
Talking out of your ass, if you don't know don't say anything.

There's only a checksum for halo custom edition not for halo pc. Also for custom edition the checksum is generated during load up, which is why it takes longer when you have more maps, not when the map is compiled.

You should listen to this person.
Edited by chrisk123999 on Aug 26, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Aug 26, 2011 10:29 PM (Total replies: 8099)

Change the BSP? Looks bad IMO.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Mods to Compile BSP Geometry With Errors. Aug 25, 2011 02:42 PM (Total replies: 18)

Stop using tools that bypass errors. Overall it won't help in the end.

On another note: If you really want to make useful apps, why don't u make a phantom BSP remover? That would be useful.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Mods to Compile BSP Geometry With Errors. Aug 24, 2011 02:15 PM (Total replies: 18)

That's not the point. You shouldn't have errors in the first place.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Mods to Compile BSP Geometry With Errors. Aug 24, 2011 11:30 AM (Total replies: 18)

No, not at all. It would be better to just make it right in the first place. This is just as bad as that other tool that was modified to ignore all errors. Errors are meant to be fixed, not bypassed.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Aug 23, 2011 09:47 AM (Total replies: 8099)

Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5
it's a gun from tribes 2.
wow that was hard it took me a whole 5 seconds to google it

It's a gun from Tribes: Vengenace. Not Tribes 2.
PS. BEST GAME EVER. Dead however. Hopping Tribes: Ascend will be just as fun.

Time: Thu August 21, 2014 2:14 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website