A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Pointer
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 6, 2009 10:18 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much!
Email: {hidden}
AIM:
MSN IM:
Yahoo IM:

Post Statistics
Pointer has contributed to 101 posts out of 479052 total posts (.02%) in 2,163 days (.05 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

once downloaded and extracted, you will get a .map file; you need to move/copy this file to the maps folder withing your halo CE rootdirectory

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Blue block in teleporter Dec 14, 2008 11:52 AM (Total replies: 5)

looks like scenery to me, just delete it using sapien?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Lightmaps problem... Dec 14, 2008 11:31 AM (Total replies: 3)

Hi, after 2 days I finnaly got all the bugs out of my map, now I want to do lightmaps and get the following errors:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition>tool lightmaps levels\point
er\pointer pointer 0 0.9
Couldn't read map file './toolbeta.map'
i'm going to render debug lightmaps for pointer of levels\pointer\pointer, and i
'll stop when red+blue+green = 0.900000.
Hit control-c now if this isn't right.
file_open('tags\ui\ui_tags_loaded_solo_scenario_type.tag_collection') error 0x00
000002 'Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden. '
couldn't open tag_collection tag 'ui_tags_loaded_solo_scenario_type.tag_collecti
on'.
failed to load ui tags tied to solo scenarios
WARNING: 1 clusters in structure_bsp levels\pointer\pointer have no background s
ound or sound environment.
start levels\pointer\pointer
radiosity error: degenerate triangle [or triangle with bad uvs] (see blue in err
or geometry)
failed levels\pointer\pointer
done

any help would be appriciated, Thanks

EDIT: I tried to make water, is that the problem?
EDIT2: Oh wait, I forgot to flip all the surfaces, let's try again...
EDIT3: Didn't work

EDIT4!!!: Allright, I made the water with planes attached to each other, this was noticed by tool so I've redone the water; It compiles different now, but this is far away from the default, the following is in my cmd right now:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition>tool structure levels\point
er Pointer
building intermediate geometry...
### WARNING found #5 degenerate triangles.
the scenario 'levels\pointer\pointer' refers to the structure bsp 'levels\pointe
r\pointer' twice
building collision geometry...
reducing collision geometry...
building collision bsp...
reducing collision bsp...
verifying collision geometry...
verifying collision bsp...
building portals...
building render geometry...
building subclusters...
building pvs... building pvs... building structure lens flares...done

structure bsp "levels\pointer\Pointer"
BSP has 1061 nodes, 498 leaves
6996 surfaces and 7334 vertices in 5 material groups
0 portals, 1 clusters

430Kb collision data (55Kb vertices, 180Kb edges, 49Kb surfaces)
466Kb render data (292Kb vertices, 126Kb surfaces,
13Kb nodes/leaves, 32Kb clusters)
0Kb pathfinding data
----------------------
992Kb (without debug information)

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition>tool lightmaps levels\point
er\pointer pointer 0 0.9
i'm going to render debug lightmaps for pointer of levels\pointer\pointer, and i
'll stop when red+blue+green = 0.900000.
Hit control-c now if this isn't right.
the scenario 'levels\pointer\pointer' refers to the structure bsp 'levels\pointe
r\pointer' twice
r\pointer' twice
r\pointer' twice
file_open('tags\ui\ui_tags_loaded_solo_scenario_type.tag_collection') error 0x00
000002 'Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden. '
couldn't open tag_collection tag 'ui_tags_loaded_solo_scenario_type.tag_collecti
on'.
failed to load ui tags tied to solo scenarios
WARNING: 1 clusters in structure_bsp levels\pointer\pointer have no background s
bitmap created: #256x#256, high-color, 128K-bytes
finished levels\pointer\pointer
done

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition>

EDIT5: Sapien crashes too...
EDIT6: I've redone all the tool stuff, with deleting all previous tags etc. and now it works, now I need t make the sky cuz it's kinda black XD
Edited by Pointer on Dec 14, 2008 at 12:06 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Compiling Scenario Error Dec 14, 2008 11:28 AM (Total replies: 16)

You got to make the shader_environment using guerilla

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How to put in bases in 3DS Max Dec 13, 2008 04:51 PM (Total replies: 6)

ever made a map? then u know what attaching is, if not, make a map first before doing extra stuff (you can also have your base as scenery but oh well)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 3ds max 2009 Dec 13, 2008 04:50 PM (Total replies: 6)

flipping the square works, it's only different than in other 3ds max version, to make is invisible use "hide"

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » I has a tool error... Dec 13, 2008 04:48 PM (Total replies: 6)

The .wrl is the debug created by tool, open up your map withing 3ds max and import the .wrl; you will see that the big triangle is places on a specific face of your map

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Couldn't update edge... Dec 13, 2008 03:28 PM (Total replies: 2)

5 verticies, but ok :P I'll try

EDIT: fixed the error, new open faces... 3ds crashed
Edited by Pointer on Dec 13, 2008 at 04:11 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » SAPIEN PROBLEMS :( HELP! Dec 13, 2008 03:26 PM (Total replies: 5)

Did you flip all the surfaces? If not, you won't see the textures or anything because it's sided the wrong way (tha back is always transparant)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Couldn't update edge... Dec 13, 2008 03:23 PM (Total replies: 2)

Hi,

I've made a new map with water and stuff, and I get the error, the problem is though that I thought the way to fix this error was to flip some surfaces, the weird thing is... the surfaces are flipped right and I still get the error... any help?

Thanks

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » help me HEK wont work Dec 12, 2008 05:19 PM (Total replies: 2)

Guess you used the compact version of halo CE? It's the 86mb one...

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Huge tool problem Dec 12, 2008 05:07 PM (Total replies: 4)

try to post what tool says...

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » recording sound Dec 12, 2008 05:04 PM (Total replies: 6)

Cool, never knew this was possible :P

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » I has a tool error... Dec 12, 2008 04:55 PM (Total replies: 6)

degenerate triangles doesn't matter; to REALLY find the open edges, import the .wrl file into 3ds max, you can find this file withing your Hale CE rootdirectory, called: YOURMAP.wrl

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » y cant anyone join my Halo CE servers Dec 12, 2008 04:52 PM (Total replies: 5)

used a fake key? :P If not, try re´nstalling halo ce

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Devmode Dec 12, 2008 04:51 PM (Total replies: 7)

google?...

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 3ds max 2009 Dec 12, 2008 04:02 AM (Total replies: 6)

You need BlueStreak for exporting .jms (theghost.halomaps.org)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 3ds Max 9 powered off, can't open file? Dec 11, 2008 12:14 PM (Total replies: 3)

like killing the electicity of my complete room... anyway, I have a old backup, using TheGhosts modelimporter...

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Turret not shooting... Dec 9, 2008 11:11 AM (Total replies: 35)

Thank you so much! Woohoo it finnaly WORKS!!!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » 3ds Max 9 powered off, can't open file? Dec 8, 2008 03:13 PM (Total replies: 3)

Hi, my mom killed the power of my pc, I did safe the file before it but now I can't open it, some help?

Time: Tue July 29, 2014 12:46 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website