A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: a sock
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 7, 2010 11:57 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
a sock has contributed to 15 posts out of 469451 total posts (0.00%) in 4,097 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Weather Problem??? Sep 7, 2010 11:57 AM (Total replies: 6)

Ok, well I do have that selected and it still wont do anything... IDK how to upload a picture, so I cant show you, but my heirarchy window has the weather box selected and it is still grayed out but I can see in the tool window that I can "press space to apply cluster" but it won't do anything if I do that.

Edit: Ummmmm... I kinda fixed it... I had to be inside the level to apply wind lol. Thanks for all the help in fixing my elementary-level problem anyways!

Edited by a sock on Sep 7, 2010 at 12:42 PM
Edited by a sock on Sep 7, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Weather Problem??? Sep 7, 2010 01:18 AM (Total replies: 6)

Ok... but I already have created and edited my instance. The problem arises when I go to apply the wind to the map. The tutorial says after creating the instance click on weather and in the properties window select "wind" and in the drop-down below select wind also, then press space to apply the cluster. However I cannot select "wind" in the first properties drop-down. Am I making any sense here? Is this a necesary step? Is there another way I should be applying wind?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Weather Problem??? Sep 6, 2010 12:43 PM (Total replies: 6)

I am not entirely sure what you mean by "make sure you're editing the instance", but I already have created an instance and can see it selected in the drop-down above where it says press space to apply cluster, but I can't select it in the properties window for some reason...

Edit: My instance uses the values of:

name - wind
wind - (from bloodgulch) multiplayer.wind
wind direction - i3 j0 k0
wind magnitude - 2

if this helps any...
Edited by a sock on Sep 6, 2010 at 12:45 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sapien Error, Can't run radiosity Sep 6, 2010 03:33 AM (Total replies: 4)

How did you run radiosity? I had this problem before when I forgot to save the radiosity. How I learned is that you type radiosity_quality 0 (for a quick test. If you upload the map, change the 0 to a 1) then radiosity_start (at this point the map will go a funny colour). Then (this is the bit I forgot & it caused my map to stay a funny colour) type radiosity_save (this should show your map with textures etc. now). I have also had it suggested to me that this can be caused by shader problems, so I guess you could check them while you are at it anyways.
Edited by a sock on Sep 6, 2010 at 03:40 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Indoor Map Really Dark Sep 6, 2010 03:17 AM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: Xaos
what if you do a space-style map. can you make the empty space extremely dark, but a floating platform be moderately dark? (with a few well lit areas too)

IMO, you would get more replies posting this in a separate thread, but as for my answer (this is a slightly-educated guess BTW) I think you mean having the space outside the platform dark with the platform being only like half dark? I don't think this is possible, however I believe you can make specific lights to light the brighter areas and just make it dark everywhere else using a low indoor/outdoor ambient light power and a night or custom space sky? I found a tutorial on here somewhere about advanced lighting so that might be worth looking into in your application here.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Google Sketch up, can i use it? Sep 6, 2010 03:12 AM (Total replies: 2)

Check out this link: http://www.blendernation.com/2006/05/11/import-sketchup-and-google-earth-files-into-blender/ I am unfamiliar with blender but if you can get the sketchup model into blender you may be able to export to jms from there without needing any modeling? Just a guess as I have heard of people using blender for halo ce, but worth looking into I hope....

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » I have this problem with HEK+... Sep 6, 2010 03:03 AM (Total replies: 8)

If you are referring to the latest version of halo/ halo ce the newest is v1.09. You can download a patch easy from google. If not, what "latest version" of something are you referring to?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Weather Problem??? Sep 6, 2010 01:07 AM (Total replies: 6)

So... I followed the basic tutorial for adding weather to a map (taken from the wiki (I found it somewhere on here...)). Anyways, I get to the part where it says "Click the “Weather” folder under the “cluster properties” folder. Then click the Properties Palette and drop down the box and select “wind” from the list. Then go into your tool window and drop down that drop down box and select “wind” again. After selecting “wind” from the list press space to apply the cluster." but my properties palette drop-down box is grayed-out, but I did create the wind thingy in the other folder it talked about earlier correctly. How do I apply weather then?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Indoor Map Really Dark Sep 5, 2010 02:19 PM (Total replies: 7)

YAY!!!!! Thanks soooo much, it worked! I never even thought about changing the outdoor light power... THANKS!!!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Indoor Map Really Dark Sep 5, 2010 12:05 AM (Total replies: 7)

Well... I have tried! when I do my whole map just turns a solid plane gray colour and I can't see anything then. While you happen to be here, how would I fix this?

Edit:
Well... I fixed the gray problem by simply finishing the radiosity by typing save... somehow I managed to completely forget that. However I do still have the dark map problem.
Edited by a sock on Sep 5, 2010 at 12:32 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Indoor Map Really Dark Sep 4, 2010 11:38 PM (Total replies: 7)

Hey, this is probably fairly obvious but I am getting really tired of searching after a few hours so I though I might post something. I am making an indoor map and when i open it in Sapien, the whole map is very dark. How would I fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Gathering Exception Data Error... Help? Feb 14, 2010 12:58 AM (Total replies: 2)

YESSSSS!!!! Thank you very much! Needless to say, it worked. I tried first removing them from sapien's netgame equipment but that didn't fix it, so I removed them from the starting equipment in guerilla and it worked! So I put the grenades back into sapien and it worked again! Thank you very much!

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Gathering Exception Data Error... Help? Feb 14, 2010 12:26 AM (Total replies: 2)

Hi,

I made a map recently (following Yapyap The Grunt's tutorial http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2198), I got to the point where I have a .map file and can open it, but it crashes. I compared the last tool output text to his, but the only thing I noticed was that his structure bsp is 0.97M while mine was 0.06M. Is that a problem? Also, would the line of text "Warning:1 clusters in structure_bsp levels\tutorial_map\tutorial_map have no background sound or sound environment", mean anything?

Thanks,
A Sock

Edit: I forgot to mention that when it crashes it gives me a "Gathering Exception Data..." Error. Thanks!
Edited by a sock on Feb 14, 2010 at 12:27 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Problem with my modded hog Aug 30, 2008 01:00 PM (Total replies: 3)

I'm sorry, but I have dont think I speak whatever language it is that you do. Could you please speak in English? (I am still a n00b at this!)

Thanks,
a sock

Halo CE General Discussion » Problem with my modded hog Aug 27, 2008 11:16 PM (Total replies: 3)

Hi,

When I open my hog in halo that i changed the graphics for, it looks like it has bullet holes in it and you can see the ground through them. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
a sock

Time: Thu November 14, 2019 7:42 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website