A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: willtheoct
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 3, 2008 05:54 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
If there's one thing i know, it's everything.
AIM:
MSN IM:
Yahoo IM:

Post Statistics
willtheoct has contributed to 21 posts out of 478782 total posts (0.00%) in 2,160 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Legend of Halo Dec 3, 2008 05:54 PM (Total replies: 49)

we're still not dead, and we're still looking for a model rigger.

Halo CE General Discussion » Legend of Halo Nov 27, 2008 03:37 PM (Total replies: 49)

if it dies, we will say so.

right now, the team is:
Me: leader - active
Dave:web host and perhaps designer - active
formlesstree4: - 100% active (he never shuts his computer off...)
gothamite: model fixing and preparation and stuff.. we're waiting on him to do something, or to replace him - 2 months inactive
nintendo9713: custom modeler - active
forestkeller: not on the team, but will do the HUD and be credited for it. he stopped mapping a while ago...

on another note, i set all of the release dates to TBD. go figure.
Edited by willtheoct on Nov 27, 2008 at 03:39 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Legend of Halo Nov 26, 2008 06:25 PM (Total replies: 49)

to clarify, i'm having problems with max for everything rigging-related. no one else on the team(except gothamite) is a modeler. gothamite has this tendency to do absolutely nothing and disappear for a month, then do one single assignment, then repeat.

we're looking for a replacement.

we have models, and i can animate and do all the HEK stuff. rigging is all that is left.

and gothamite will be credited for all his work, but we can't actually keep him as a team member.

Halo CE General Discussion » Legend of Halo Oct 17, 2008 08:41 PM (Total replies: 49)

thanks! it will be hosted on halomaps, and possibly the LOH site. links to them will be, well, everywhere.

Halo CE General Discussion » Legend of Halo Oct 16, 2008 11:01 PM (Total replies: 49)

nah, it's fine. the first version of dodongo cavern isn't going to be kept hosting after we release the second. we'll make brand new bipeds and vehicles for our second map.

Halo CE General Discussion » Legend of Halo Oct 16, 2008 05:54 PM (Total replies: 49)

production seems to be at a standstill. we're still working on weapon tagging and rigging.

and a note, for dodongo cavern version 1, we're using ngmt's biped.... which we don't really like.

but since the first version is just as a map to keep people ready for the others, don't expect anything high-quality.

one more thing that separates us from the clones: we have vehicles. instead of just a horse, there is epona, firehorsey(epona with fire breath), spinner, kargarocs(giant bird that you can fly, and its the TP version), snow sled, giant boar, cucco(chicken), and POSSIBLY: that large cannon house, and maybe a random tank as a secret/easter egg.

Halo CE General Discussion » Legend of Halo Sep 1, 2008 03:02 PM (Total replies: 49)

thats better.

i thought about it in february. but that was when i decided i wanted OOT everything. then, as the craze of people wanting to make OOT maps started, and i realized that TP models matched, had more stuff, and were already done and on my computer, i chose we would have TP population.

don't worry, there will be many many weapons. but i'm afraid i'm not going to put in old weapons, except maybe a rocket launcher or something as a secret.

EDIT:
in my opinion, the floor he replaced the OOT one with is horrid. so, new pic time! it looks better now.

as for the still-OOT rock textures you see on the sides, those are probably staying but will be a much better resolution.
Edited by willtheoct on Sep 4, 2008 at 10:31 PM

EDIT 2: NEW new pic time. he replaced the walls and lava, but he's going to put the lava back or i will have him whack'd.

this is a 1.73 MB png. why is it so huge?
Edited by willtheoct on Sep 8, 2008 at 09:34 PM

EDIT 3: because some people don't like the old lava, im posting the new lava, everyone tell me what you think, and maybe it'll change my mind.

Edited by willtheoct on Sep 8, 2008 at 09:54 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Legend of Halo Sep 1, 2008 02:51 PM (Total replies: 49)

i need a translator, stat!

Halo CE General Discussion » Legend of Halo Sep 1, 2008 02:48 PM (Total replies: 49)

oh, sorry. please spell properly next time.

we don't really have a good texture artist, and the goal is to make OOT levels. so i didnt really want custom textures.

Halo CE General Discussion » Legend of Halo Sep 1, 2008 02:43 PM (Total replies: 49)

"one thing we're doing differently is using the ocarina of time(1998) levels, and all objects from twilight princess".

right on the first post.

yeah, the UVW still isnt done..

and a word from the texturer, who is banned from halomaps(although he says he never visited it):

@Not_the_red_button:
I am aware of the UVW errors, and fixing them isn't exactly easy...since Max 7 likes to select the wrong ones that are half way across the model -.-. So, that UVW error will be fixed up shortly...don't worry :)

As for detail, the only real differences to my knowledge are textures. If you have any questions about progress, add me on xfire: ccchaos

I can't seem to register cause the freaking admin's have listed my IP address range as proxies (which is basically a big middle finger to me).
Edited by willtheoct on Sep 1, 2008 at 02:50 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Legend of Halo Sep 1, 2008 01:21 PM (Total replies: 49)

not done yet. also its just the model in max, and we've had a disagreement on the dirt texture, so we're going to change that.

Halo CE General Discussion » Legend of Halo Sep 1, 2008 12:56 PM (Total replies: 49)

i'm so proud to be a part of the community.

if only halomods had more people... then i wouldnt be posting another topic here.

so, according the the texturer, he's 80% done dodongo cavern. he started a few days ago. so progress is still good.

someone wanted to merge.... despite us doing different things, and them not having anything to show...

the texturer found some new textures for lava and dirt and whatnot, we've switched to those. so you know what that means? images!

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6519/render4mp9.jpg
http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/7788/render7lo5.jpg
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/6940/render11sb7.jpg

if i wasnt a new member, these would be on this post instead of links.

Halo CE General Discussion » Legend of Halo Aug 31, 2008 04:04 PM (Total replies: 49)

what is this!

does anyone read posts anymore? does "zelda" instantly make you think someone is repeating jahrain's maps?

Halo CE General Discussion » Legend of Halo Aug 30, 2008 10:54 AM (Total replies: 49)

right. one time i felt i was hallucinating because i didn't have sleep....

forestkeller seems to have finished a weapon, although he forgot to send me a tag so i can't load it in sapien.

Halo CE General Discussion » Legend of Halo Aug 30, 2008 01:08 AM (Total replies: 49)

....okay, i'm not even sure what is going on now.

no, i know its legal.

my webhost(hes not a large company, hes one guy with one server)doesn't map. he makes games and hosts sites. he USED TO think it was illegal. so before he would agree to host anything, he wanted to see things.

at any rate, drop the subject. we have a webhost. things are going well.

as soon as the texture guy makes the map look really nice, i'll post pics. for now, you'll just have to read text of what we've done so far.

Halo CE General Discussion » Legend of Halo Aug 30, 2008 12:54 AM (Total replies: 49)

it isn't. the webhost thought it could be. he doesnt know anything about all this. thats why he had to look at the EULA.

Halo CE General Discussion » Legend of Halo Aug 30, 2008 12:29 AM (Total replies: 49)

the webhost, again, does not know anything about halo or modding, and he runs multiple sites, and does not want to be shut down. i'd understand it.

i explained all that to him, but he wanted proof, so i sent him the EULA. he read it, he's looking at all the info on the entire thing, making sure he is in no way doing anything illegal.

when you see an ad for "free legal TV online", what makes you think its legal? you have no knowledge of the subject. its your first time seeing this. and lets say the site is asking you to host all their content.

so, like any sane person, you need to check for any possible unwanted activity.

but we've been through it all, he doesnt see anything illegal.

Halo CE General Discussion » Legend of Halo Aug 30, 2008 12:19 AM (Total replies: 49)

NT wants pics? i guess he's gonna have to wait.

just kidding. the pics i can offer at this point aren't great because the map is being textured, and gothamite still has the weapons.

yeah, i suspect i'll be getting alot of that. thats why i dont intend on visitng halomaps forums alot.

forestkeller, you applied, but you're still not on the team. finish the boomerang tagging and we'll judge. then you need to make an account on the LOH board.

the webhost read the EULA and made the admin cp. gothamite finished the arrows. FT4 is getting very good at texturing. things are going really well.

Halo CE General Discussion » Legend of Halo Aug 29, 2008 10:14 PM (Total replies: 49)

we try to do different things. we have had our plans listed for months now. if anyone does what we are, we can tell them and ask if they'd like to merge.

remember, we're doing fun maps, not exactly like zelda maps. horse that breathes fire. opening gate. flail. you know.

Halo CE General Discussion » Legend of Halo Aug 29, 2008 10:06 PM (Total replies: 49)

well then, i wish you the best of luck.

our webhost is reading the EULA of HCE, he thinks that map making is illegal. he knows nothing about halo.

but we now have a webhost.

also a new applicant. yay.

Time: Mon July 28, 2014 8:20 AM 312 ms.
A Halo Maps Website