A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: formlesstree4
About Contact
Last Post: Feb 15, 2011 05:35 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
formlesstree4 has contributed to 11 posts out of 469505 total posts (0.00%) in 4,107 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Kakariko Village Feb 15, 2011 05:35 PM (Total replies: 34)

Quote: --- Original message by: SHaDoW LiNk
The people that are working on this map, please add my Xfire which is "xbl" (without the quotes and nickname should start with [M2K] tags) and message me. I got a lot of Zelda Work in Progresses and many completed tags saved on my computer. Oh trust me, I got tons of 'em.

I did add you but I have not been accepted. You can add me: "ccchaos".

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Kakariko Village Feb 13, 2011 12:58 PM (Total replies: 34)

Am aware of Link's poor hip. It was the biped that we had found that apparently wasn't rigged properly :(

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Kakariko Village Feb 12, 2011 08:38 PM (Total replies: 34)

May we stay on topic please? Thanks.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Kakariko Village Feb 12, 2011 05:15 PM (Total replies: 34)

Quote: More ripped/stolen ideas by Dwood?
No surprise here I suppose.

The first pic looks okay I guess, but honestly what purpose does this even have. It's essentially a box(y) map with no interesting geometry for a shooter.

1) No, I told him it was fine to release it. So before you point fingers, please get the facts straight.

2) The pictures were jokes obviously, if you had ever cared to play the series you might actually know that. Perhaps if you had played the map in game you would understand why someone asked you to get banned again.

3) The actual map has hollowed out buildings and plenty of hiding places for a good CTF style map. Play it and you might understand.

Quote: I merely commented on the topic, no insults either, just facts.
Dwood has been known to steal ideas in the past, same goes for ripping. If you see that as an insultive contribution than that's your problem...

May the poodle provide us with enough Pédigrée Jumbone for all.

What you really did was a bit insulting, just saying. Next time actually look at what was posted rather then...try to provoke a flame war.

Now...on to responses:

Quote: It's lacking in detail, i know the original didn't have much, but where are the pots? The big crates by the side of the building?
Also the textures, It needs better ones. If you can get the original textures then use those, the textures that are being used now don't fit well with the map.
If you're ripping the actual map models, then rip the ones connecting to kakariko village like the graveyard and the death mountain trail. Halo's Engine will easily support both those areas as well.

I'm aware it is lacking. The pots and crates are missing because when the model was ripped, they were entities placed by the game engine, meaning their models don't actually exist on the map until it's loaded into the N64 RAM.

The textures were assembled from various online sources, so they weren't made for the map specifically. Ripping the originals was the next thing to do but, sadly, the team fell apart.

As for ripping the graveyard and death mountain trail, they were planned to be included, but the trail proved to have little use to the game play and the team sort of fell apart before things could get any further.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Tool # 0.2 Beta RELEASED!! Oct 17, 2009 06:49 PM (Total replies: 2)

About a week and a half ago, [PMMF]Rambo and I ({HV}Chaos) started messing around with a new GUI shell for Tool. We knew about Tool ++, but realized there were a few features missing inside of it that we thought would be extremely helpful to any map makers, including ourselves.

The coding process has taken quite a bit of debugging, and many builds just to get it as stable as it is, but Tool # is here, and ready to rock!

Installing Tool # is relatively simple, just place Tool #.exe inside your Halo Custom Edition directory.

Current List of Features (Probably incomplete because of all the features):
1. Detection of Haloce.exe to make sure it is installed correctly.
2. Automatic detection of 3 variations of Tool: Tool.exe, Toolpro.exe, and Toolio.exe. It uses hash based detection, so any filenames will work!
3. Guerilla-styled layout.
4. Batch Processing Work
5. Multi-threading of windows allowing you to run (for example) Bitmaps on one thread, and turn around to run Lightmaps for a different project.
6. Built-In Help file that is written to the disk for ease of access.
7. Detection along the filepaths to turn Red/Black based on the validity of the paths. (Just like Guerilla does)
And many more!

Here's the readme:

Tool # is a Tool Frontend that is designed to complement the other tools' use, as in Guerilla and Sapien. While this tool is based heavily on the Guerilla shell design, it is not Guerilla and therefore should not be treated as such. Written in Visual Basic .Net, Tool # is a powerful and robust application that takes care of every function Tool and other Tool variants perform.

NOTE: Tool # is currently in Beta stage. As such, only the following functions are supported.

-Bitmaps
-Structure
-Lightmaps
-Build Map (build-cache-file)

Do know that these functions are 100% working and completed, though bugs still may arise. Also know that all of these functions support batch mode, as in you may consecutively perform functions on a unattended basis, simply by queueing up the functions the same way you would add blocks to a guerilla tag.

We hope you enjoy this production of Tool #. Any suggestions, comments, or constructive criticism is welcome. To contact us, please contact the developer at ccchaos on Xfire.

Programmed by: {HV}Chaos
Beta Testing & iDeas: [PMMF]Rambo
Special Thanks to Bungie for inspiring us to use the Guerilla design.

You may download Tool # at the url below:
http://www.filefront.com/14742905/Tool--0.2-Beta.7z

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Multiple BSP's Jul 26, 2009 04:53 AM (Total replies: 5)

I'm talking about something like Coldsnap was..how can I do that?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Multiple BSP's Jul 26, 2009 03:04 AM (Total replies: 5)

How can I make a map with multiple BSP's so that they're linked and I can teleport between the two.

Time: Tue December 10, 2019 8:42 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website