A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Im here to be helped
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 18, 2008 06:03 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}
AIM:
MSN IM:
Yahoo IM:

Post Statistics
Im here to be helped has contributed to 7 posts out of 479286 total posts (0.00%) in 2,146 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Custom Weapon- Shaders Sep 18, 2008 06:03 PM (Total replies: 7)

Can you explain a bit please?
I'm really sorry if I sound like a clueless noob. First time for everything, right?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Custom Weapon- Shaders Sep 18, 2008 04:40 PM (Total replies: 7)

Alright, I've gotten the shaders in (they're names were Material # and 01 - default for some reason) and the map got produced, only to lead to more problems:
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u119/ProgramLog/fulcrum_notworking3.jpg
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u119/ProgramLog/fulcrum_notworking1.jpg?t=1221770047
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u119/ProgramLog/fulcrum_notworking2.jpg?t=1221770094

Whilst it looked like this in 3ds max: http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u119/ProgramLog/fulcrum.jpg

Problems:
The main long barrel is gone (in game)
The magazine and pistol grip is gone (in game)
Part of the scope's connection to the main body is gone (in game)
Both the sniper and the Fulcrum sniper's colour is that pearl whiteish colour, instead of their gray and digi camo.

What the hell...

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Custom Weapon- Shaders Sep 16, 2008 08:19 PM (Total replies: 7)

Hello.
I've recently decided to try and make my own custom weapon and put it into Halo.
Naturly, I found a good tutorial and I've been following it through with my own created weapon. However, I've run into a problem.
From what I know, 'Tool' is used to create the shaders for the weapon. I've followed this tutorial very closly, even re-doing a few things I didn't understand properly. I've done and redone the tool portion a lot, and yet no shaders show up in my 'tags' folder.

Please tell me I've missed something and help me correct my mistakes, because from what I know I've done everything to the max extent.
Thanks a lot.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sapien - Nooby's problem Sep 14, 2008 06:10 PM (Total replies: 10)

I got sapien to run, I was asking how to run the scenerio in Halo that I saved in sapien. I found out how in the HEK tutorial, but I come accros a problem where it asks me for the shaders of the gun.
Before, every time I used tool to create the 'shaders'(the filler and the gun's side), they wouldn't show up in my directory. so I used the defualt shaders I found in there.
So I'm guessing thats my own fault.
Thanks for the help, I'm off for now.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sapien - Nooby's problem Sep 14, 2008 05:42 PM (Total replies: 10)

Alright, thanks for the replys guys!
one last problem that should be easy to resolve; how do I run the .scenerio I just created?
thanks, and sorry for how noobish these questions are. We all gotta start somewhere, right?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sapien - Nooby's problem Sep 14, 2008 04:35 PM (Total replies: 10)

Great, thanks for the reply!
Is there any place I can get a tutorial to show me how to do this?
Thanks.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sapien - Nooby's problem Sep 14, 2008 04:20 PM (Total replies: 10)

Hello
I'm trying to get into a map to test out my new (first) custom weapon I made, however I've run into a problem with Sapien;
I'm unable to choose or open any map! Sapien wants to open scenario maps, however all the maps are not in such a format. This is starting to get frustrating, I just want to open up bloodgulch, place a weapon, save, and get out. Instead, I can't even find a single map to open in the Halo CE directory.
Please help! Thanks

Time: Wed July 30, 2014 11:19 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website