A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: G TheFlea
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 16, 2012 10:11 PM
Website: http://www.bungie.net/stats/halo3/default.aspx?player=g theflea
Interests: Programming (C#, C++), Modeling/Animating (3ds Max, FumeFX, Vue XStream, Rayfire, Realflow), Soccer)
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo Series, Crysis, NFS
CANADIAN
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
G TheFlea has contributed to 276 posts out of 467817 total posts (.06%) in 3,687 days (.07 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Sep 16, 2012 10:11 PM (Total replies: 4973)

Quote: --- Original message by: master noob

yup

in max, the easiest way to check the triangle count is to add an edit mesh modifier to the list after editing.
Edited by master noob on Aug 30, 2012 at 07:49 PM

easiest way is to press 7

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 4 Mapping Team Jan 26, 2012 04:39 PM (Total replies: 5)

pffff, serious thread? what is this guy, a Newb?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 4 Mapping Team Jan 26, 2012 03:57 PM (Total replies: 5)

Anything else?

Kind regards,

The guy who hasn't posted anything in over 6 months and returns when HE IS NEEDED MOST!

aka. G TheFlea

Halo CE General Discussion » So waffles and I were wondering.... Nov 3, 2011 10:03 PM (Total replies: 34)

Mentos... the reactor in his backpack doesnt give off nuclear waste like those inefficient 21st century ones they actually generate an infinite supply of Mentos, the refreshing mint that everyone enjoys.

Quote: --- Original message by: eliteslasher

Has anyone worked on skinning and ingaming anonnymous2009's shottie and grenade launcher yet?

il give it a shot.. i have the reach textures its just alot of unwrapping work :/

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Feb 19, 2011 02:12 PM (Total replies: 4973)

yea array is pretty helpful.. just select an object, goto Tools > Array... set how far apart you want the new instances to be and angle increments and stuff.. and then i dunno how he did it, but with my tank i made a path around the wheels and gave all the instances a path constraint. saved me having to place them one after another :/
and im pretty sure its 16 million polies.. partly because this isnt a number "16,676,9160" the commas should be like this "166,769,160" but mostly because thats the most useless model ive ever seen if it has 166 million. L2optimize. i make alot of models that are well into the millions of polies so im not saying its a bad thing, but really you're not getting any more detail or smoothness when you add your 12th turbo-smooth iteration
Edited by G TheFlea on Feb 19, 2011 at 02:16 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Feb 19, 2011 10:09 AM (Total replies: 4973)

are there 16 million or 166 million polies?? are those tracks rigged? did you just array one track segment to make the rest?.. thats what i did with mine

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE HD remake coming this fall? Feb 5, 2011 12:24 PM (Total replies: 45)

by bloom do you mean scenery LOD? things only rendering when you're close to them?
and i agree armour abilities are rediculous at times. personally i never use anything other than spring :P
i should have been more specific though ( i agree the AI is poorly programmed at times), i meant the rendering engine is very clean

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE HD remake coming this fall? Feb 5, 2011 11:58 AM (Total replies: 45)

i wasn't really referring to the gameplay, more the engine itself. Its just so much cleaner than any other game i've seen. And in terms of gameplay, it is simplistic relative to something like Call of Duty.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE HD remake coming this fall? Feb 5, 2011 11:45 AM (Total replies: 45)

any halo game that is not made by bungie is not a halo game. personally i hope that this combat evolved remake does not get ported to PC, i hope it stays on xbox and they actually do it justice. If they ever release another custom edition, i hope its using the reach engine. Chances are if this remake is made with anything other than a 343/Bungie engine the gameplay will be totally screwed up and it will no longer have the simplistic, smooth, non-glitchy perfection that we're used to.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Feb 5, 2011 11:34 AM (Total replies: 8490)

blender is terrible for compatability.. its also proven to lead to pancreatic cancer..

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Feb 5, 2011 11:31 AM (Total replies: 14969)

im really curious where you're getting these textures from..

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Feb 1, 2011 11:06 AM (Total replies: 14969)

looks good so far.. the pole thing should be longer and thinner, and the head piece should also be taller and not so wide i think..

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jan 31, 2011 12:52 PM (Total replies: 14969)

awesome thanks :) and dont worry about optimizing, this is primarily for a render so it can be however many polies you need/want.. i might put it in game later...

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jan 31, 2011 11:22 AM (Total replies: 14969)

i need the honour guard's staff.. if someone could whip one up for me that would be awesome

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Bitmaps Jan 30, 2011 03:42 PM (Total replies: 20)

calm yourself.. im gonna go dl ascension and if i can get it working i will rip them for you

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jan 22, 2011 11:40 AM (Total replies: 14969)

wow did shrek 3 really come out 4 years ago :O i was 13....

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jan 20, 2011 06:06 PM (Total replies: 14969)

the 1's added alot of emPHAsis!!2!11
i dont know why people make such a big deal about models looking like other models.. you can only be so creative. most ideas are heavily inspired by existing ones anyways, and sometimes the modeler doesnt even realize it...

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jan 18, 2011 08:41 PM (Total replies: 4973)

thank god

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jan 18, 2011 08:29 PM (Total replies: 14969)

Quote: --- Original message by: anonymous_2011
Quote: --- Original message by: G TheFlea
i often use turbo smooth with 1 iteration for models

bah! i laugh at you :L
i always use at least 5 iterations for all my models

http://i.imgur.com/sbgLi.jpg

i like how you cut out part of my post...

Quote: --- Original message by: G TheFlea
i often use turbo smooth with 1 iteration for models for my engine...

i was referring to the 3D engine that i am making for a game in C#.
in my renders and animations i use as many iterations as necessary although that has never been more than 3. so congradulations! you spent money on a computer that's able to handle that many polies, but you still dont know how to use it properly.. that plasma rifle looks like garbage because you can't just apply turbo smooth, turn up the iterations and hope for the best.. i would be happy to give you a lesson on how to use it effectively if you like..

P.S. notice the turbo smooth on this has 3 iterations and yet i still have crisp edges where necessary http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr84/gtheflea/Audi%20R8%20GT%202011/back2.jpg

http://s472.photobucket.com/albums/rr84/gtheflea/Audi%20R8%20GT%202011/
Edited by G TheFlea on Jan 18, 2011 at 08:33 PM

Time: Tue October 23, 2018 12:05 AM 453 ms.
A Halo Maps Website