A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: BeachParty clan
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 30, 2009 04:25 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Ask me wich games I DON'T play, modded about every game.
Sooo... You wanna switch to Red team huh?

Post Statistics
BeachParty clan has contributed to 2236 posts out of 469522 total posts (.48%) in 4,081 days (.55 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Current Fix for Active Camo? Nov 24, 2009 03:59 PM (Total replies: 13)

Use this video card emulator to emulate an ATI card, i tested it on my other computers, works perfectly for nvidia cards. this feature was disabled at first since nvidia didnt had the feature back then, however at the present day every card does, so its merely fooling halo that you do have the support as ati card

http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/tools/3d_analyze/download/

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Nov 24, 2009 01:19 PM (Total replies: 14974)

it looks good but the design is really chaotic in comparison to almost any other imo

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP][MOD] Flood Campaign Nov 22, 2009 09:12 AM (Total replies: 3202)

Quote: --- Original message by: CrossFade
Quote: --- Original message by: Lone Warrior
Quote: --- Original message by: Karrde
I don't see how anything is being accomplished at all, with Lone playing that damn Star Wars Galaxies every time he's on, the entire time he's on.

There's still another, say, 7 or 8 people capable of doing work, while I'm playing a game.
So you're saying that since there are others there to do the work, you can play your game and blow it off?

He can't cus I'm already doing that.

lol jk, anyways, don't take it so damn serious, it's a hobby, noone is paying us so there is no 'real' pressure other than the impatient community.

back to crysis, cya

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Nov 20, 2009 01:31 AM (Total replies: 14974)

Quote: --- Original message by: Maniac1000

thanks.
If anyone can help, this is the ref.
http://www.interstellarmarines.com/media/uploads/screenshots/ss0057_1280x720_zps_interstellarmarines_concept_weapons_assaultrifle03_001.jpg

1- the thing i modeled is a flashlight?
2- whats the other barrel? underneath, if it fires something then how is it loaded?
Edited by Maniac1000 on Nov 20, 2009 at 01:11 AM

it's a grenade launcher, you shove it open and plop a new round inside. it's a seperate attachement so you dont have to make it.

btw i hope you're going to work on the proportions, cus the screwholes are much larger aswell as the barrel

also, model the trigger, makes it imaginable how one would hold/fire it lol

e1: it says on the website where you got the image from: "Near final concept of one of our Assault Rifles. Shown here with extensions; Light, G-Launcher, ER-Scope"
so yes it's a flashlight
Edited by BeachParty clan on Nov 20, 2009 at 01:39 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Nov 18, 2009 04:59 AM (Total replies: 14974)

Quote: --- Original message by: ICEE
big silencers work quite well. I see no reason for it to be smaller. It looks cool this way

True, but such guns are meant for close combat, long barrels sticking around corners was exactly what they wanted to avoid, a long silencer entirely nullefies that
so in my opinion the silencer should be somewhat shorter, but i really like the model

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Nov 16, 2009 12:46 AM (Total replies: 14974)

Remember what Bungie said about Halo ODST? NO new engine, just alot of slave work to make better assets.

same way for crysis/cod, sure, they got a sweet engine and such, but there is no denying that COD just makes better FP animations IF YOU JUST LOOK AT THE ANIMATIONS, motion capture and realism or not, it just goes for looks at the end.

Port a few to crysis, then come back and say "ty for opening my world infinity ward"

has nothing to do with COD nor Crysis or their engine for that matter at all, purely the animation quality. Put them both in the same engine, and CoD comes out best, there's no denying that.
Edited by BeachParty clan on Nov 16, 2009 at 12:48 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP][MOD] Flood Campaign Nov 13, 2009 09:49 AM (Total replies: 3202)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dwood
Quote: --- Original message by: Dylw123
*uses heat sensors to see him* I see him!!

Back on topic now. So, what inspired you guys to make this then =p?

Your mother.

How mature and oh-so funny, it was a serious question. Thank you mythril.

Quote: --- Original message by: Dwood
Quote: --- Original message by: MasterRyan

how is the HUD coming

Someone I know needs to make it so it's not made for just widescreen. :/

I doubt you even know the extend of what you're asking, I've already said I'm not going to change anything to the aspect ratio at this current point.

Halo CE General Discussion » halo 2 arbiter model Nov 9, 2009 09:24 AM (Total replies: 11)

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Nov 8, 2009 05:24 PM (Total replies: 14974)

Quote: --- Original message by: Koo294

@BP

Did you even look at the picture? it has no texture, it's using a flipped black model to make it so the lines appear from every direction.
Edited by Koo294 on Nov 8, 2009 at 04:06 PM

yea i was talking about cell shaded assets in general, not the shotgun itself at all

but wow, thats a very smart way to use that technique, very awesome and cleverly found, +++rep

Quote: --- Original message by: CLS_GRUNT
^ 99.15.189.245
Your proxy's cannot shield you

Btw I am working on sandtrap.

you or your slaves? lol

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Nov 8, 2009 03:45 PM (Total replies: 14974)

Quote: --- Original message by: Marka Haiyana
cell shading: easy as hell.

Planning on doing a really simplistic arena-style deathmatch mod, all of the weapons are going to be simplistic and cell shaded. It's going to rock.

cell shading a dynamic technique to outline everything, not just the texture

there is this black outline on objects seen on every angle, if you did that in the texture it would be completely black. so no, unless you would be firescythe, it would just mean very basic textures, cus thats what creates the best effect WHEN using cell shading effects.

Halo CE General Discussion » Nazi Zombies? In my Halo? Nov 6, 2009 03:29 PM (Total replies: 2917)

Quote: --- Original message by: jesse

Well if you want a real progress report...

Most of this is for firefight.

I'm working on the H3b tagset, and the HUD.
Edited by jesse on Nov 5, 2009 at 11:20 PM

lol you do remember that you promised to use my -outdated by now- bubbleshield only for private use?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Reach Leaked Images Nov 6, 2009 09:47 AM (Total replies: 233)

the HUD is ass ugly, it looks like they recycled all the huds from previous halo games due to lack of creativity...

halo 2 radar, odst compass, some ffed shield bar... me no likey.... :C

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Nov 6, 2009 09:36 AM (Total replies: 8490)

Quote: --- Original message by: CorruptedHalo

New gore:

actually, it's bungie's bitmaps, but they never used them ingame.
Alongside Gore Elite:

Considering releasing, cuz nobody will want to do it themselves :P
Edited by CorruptedHalo on Nov 6, 2009 at 08:34 AM

FTFY

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Nov 4, 2009 12:23 PM (Total replies: 8490)

Quote: --- Original message by: BeachParty clan
how long till you get bored with them? :)

till people stop posting/care about them

I wasnt asking you.
also,
Thats kind of a dick move

im sorry being honest, truth hurts. nothing personal there.

Okai let's start signing then

here's mine

~BP Wizard

Halo CE General Discussion » HUD - Works in Process thread [WIP] Nov 4, 2009 07:23 AM (Total replies: 1707)

Be my guest, cus mine is going in crysis soon =p

add me on xfire btw, sar93
Edited by BeachParty clan on Nov 4, 2009 at 07:27 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » HUD - Works in Process thread [WIP] Nov 4, 2009 07:13 AM (Total replies: 1707)

Sandtrap will use my spartan hud, but that's all about i think

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Nov 4, 2009 06:32 AM (Total replies: 8490)

how long till you get bored with them? :)

till people stop posting/care about them

Halo CE General Discussion » HUD - Works in Process thread [WIP] Nov 4, 2009 06:22 AM (Total replies: 1707)

Quote: --- Original message by: Disaster

Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo
Quote: --- Original message by: Roflcopter
Maybe he shrinks them?

The largest screenshot you can get from Bungie.net is 1920x1080

There is a little thing called vector image editing. It works wonders. You can draw out paths and shapes on a 1920x1080 image and then scale the paths to any size and not lose any quality. Isn't it amazing?!!!

I too make all of my textures / bitmaps at a higher resolution than need be. Then I just scale them down for in-game use. It takes 10 seconds.
Edited by Disaster on Nov 3, 2009 at 08:12 PM

Exactly, the res bungie can make is entirely unrelevant to this matter. Obvious troll.
Anyhow Yeh disaster, I know you do, and alot of people optimise, but I just don't.
As far as my optimising goes, is cropping elements for individual use.

it works fine for me so i don't see no reason to do so, i make this for my fun, not anyone elses.

besides, i've moved to the cryengine now anyways, i dont think this is gonna be released unless on crymods's forums, so i dont have to optimise for the people that use microwaves as their computer. no matter how ridiculous it may seem, im not optimising untill i need it myself.
Edited by BeachParty clan on Nov 4, 2009 at 06:35 AM

Time: Sat December 14, 2019 1:42 PM 218 ms.
A Halo Maps Website