A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: warchieftain
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 3, 2011 05:08 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Tar-21 ftw
AIM:
MSN IM:
Yahoo IM:

Post Statistics
warchieftain has contributed to 141 posts out of 419427 total posts (.03%) in 2,203 days (.06 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [Tags] AI Tag shop. Jan 3, 2011 05:08 PM (Total replies: 27)

Quote: --- Original message by: gnademassica117

I can and will do all of that, but I can't make marines or ODST's melee without some new animations. Also, getting into vehicles is specific to the command list, not the tag.
Edited by gnademassica117 on Dec 12, 2010 at 11:32 AM

If you ask nicely to the people who made sp epsilon mabey they will help you

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE-TAG]Halo 3 Drone Jan 3, 2011 05:05 PM (Total replies: 40)

Out of curosity do these "behave" a drones as in can land and take off or hover like sentinals?

Halo CE General Discussion » [Project/Tags] Improved AI Mark II Dec 23, 2010 01:28 PM (Total replies: 59)

Newby is new, for the brute chieftan can we please have a new actor varient besides the the bruteshot one, like say one a FRG

Halo CE General Discussion » Scarab Ai driver Dec 18, 2010 01:00 PM (Total replies: 18)

I've heard before that people who attempted to add ai to the extinction scarb had sapien crash

Halo CE General Discussion » How in the world does Johnson? Dec 18, 2010 12:58 PM (Total replies: 49)

Quote: --- Original message by: MoooseGuy
If he was going to be a Spartan-I, how come on blast from a monitor killed him? Lame.

Perhaps because even though he was not infected he could have possed latent flood dna and seeing as sentinal weapons are effective weapons are highly effective agaist flood and the moniter had a 2.0 version of the standerd sentinal weapons...idk?

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Episode 1 : Released! Nov 25, 2010 02:20 PM (Total replies: 628)

I known that this campagin uses the vanilla tag set but have you guys updated on edited anything like particles or ai behavior?

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP][MOD] Flood Campaign Nov 23, 2010 09:06 AM (Total replies: 3202)

Quote: --- Original message by: Lone Warrior

Tag-work on the other hand is coming along smoothly, we've added in some community creations, including some better looking grunts, and Halo 2 Hunters (courtesy of HDoan/DMT)(No, the Huntes don't have the beam weapon from H2, we've decided to keep weapons the same as Halo 1)

t=1290271927

Did you fix the issue with their heads being messed up?

Halo CE General Discussion » Usable Prowler Cruiser Nov 19, 2010 10:30 PM (Total replies: 23)

Quote: --- Original message by: flyingpenguin117
I'm working on a vehicle conversion of OpsY's Prowler, and I was wondering what its weapons should be. I'm currently in the modeling process, and placed primary triggers on the side. They will be pulse lasers, and I was wondering what the secondary weapon should be. I was thinking either a slow-firing explosive cannon or missiles, but is there something different I should add?

Humanity is not advanced enough to have pulse lazers, use machine guns, and two person controlled or else you have another version of extinctions pelican, an op gunship

Quote: --- Original message by: ASP_GRUNTS

Would an equipment sync if you destroyed and recreated it?

Also, you can only pick up the equipment if you are in a certain trigger volume. Maybe you should try to implement portable trigger volumes.

Try and make it so that you can swap one equipment for another without having to deploy it.

Have you tried to make the HUD icon that corresponds with the equipment being held?

The time limit for the equipment won't sync if a player joins late:
If I deploy a bubble shield that lasts for 10 seconds, and someone joins 1 second before that 10 seconds is up, then that new player will still see the bubble shield for another 9 seconds, even though it's supposed to be destroyed.
Edited by ASP_GRUNTS on Nov 3, 2010 at 10:18 PM

Rite from from past experinces i can say that equipment as weapons dont sync... also i thing that it needs to be a bit more "silvery and shiney"
Edited by warchieftain on Nov 5, 2010 at 04:58 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP][MOD] Flood Campaign Nov 2, 2010 05:18 PM (Total replies: 3202)

So loe are you the only one working on this now or is every one back like gamma, bp etc...

Halo CE General Discussion » Todays Halo 3 map problems? Nov 2, 2010 05:13 PM (Total replies: 19)

Personally even though people make maps not a lot of people play them the only h3 map that i see people play on is h3 sandtrap and personally that a meh map.

Honestly even with all these

maps have you ever seen a sever hosting sphix's maps ?

But all of that that is very rough estimate on my part b/c i quit halo mp a long time ago i stay in this community and halo ce simply for the sp maps and the sp maps alone.

Edited by warchieftain on Nov 2, 2010 at 05:16 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Idea guys, this is your cue. Nov 2, 2010 05:08 PM (Total replies: 33)

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77

I've been pretty much bored out of my skull for the last two months, with absolutely nothing to do other than see how much Godsmack I can listen to before I end up rupturing an eardrum. So for all of you "Idea Guys" out there, consider this your lucky day. :P

I need a project. Something to keep me occupied, while at the same time, something I'll be able to release to the public.
Edited by Echo77 on Oct 30, 2010 at 11:54 AM

Weren't you working on Boneyard mp or boneyard ff because i specifally remeber you talking about it on other threads

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Solitude Firefight Oct 28, 2010 06:46 PM (Total replies: 406)

Shadowslayer pleses release it on this thread, for gods sake give us a dl link.

Halo CE General Discussion » What is up with all this [H3] Crap??? Oct 28, 2010 06:44 PM (Total replies: 77)

Quote: --- Original message by: milkkookie
every 1 loves halo 3 > yeah but i kind of agree with u to many halo 3 maps

It is what it is...atleast they are contributing to the community in some way. Now i've said this once or twice before: if you don't like it don't download it.
I am personally annoyed that the new solitude firefight hasen't benn upploaded yet
( seriously please just give us a mediafire link )

Personally i look forward to all the [Hreach]maps :P

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Epsilon Release Oct 24, 2010 07:56 PM (Total replies: 114)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dwood
Quote: --- Original message by: milkkookie
THAT WAS SO AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW MANY ROUNDS IS THERE I ONLY GOT TO 20

OH AND I PLAYED WITH DEATHLESS, AND I STILL DIED WHAT THE HECK.

lolol. Those black spartans will melee you watch out.

Meeling spartans in mah halo?!?!? OMGWTFBBQHAx

I dont say this often but... this map is bad@$$ even if its ont 100% custom i till think that this is one of the best maps made.

Quote: --- Original message by: SeanTheLawn

That wouldn't work well for multiplayer though right? Enabling bump possession for one person also enables it for everyone else, does it not?

This would mean that there's a slight chance that players would be bump possessing each other (if that's even possible, I've never tried it) during the brief moments when it would be enabled.
Edited by SeanTheLawn on Oct 19, 2010 at 08:41 PM

Thats why i had said originally that this would have to work as a sp mod however....

Though it would be inaccurate imagine this idea for how to make it work in mp:

You know of how on death island the bases have teleporters to specfic loactions like the shades, and banshees; what if we made all plays spawn in a room with no weapons, then in the room there would be telepoter entrances to diffrent room each designed for a specific class....

I.e. you enter a tele with a hevey picture near it.. and you go to a room filled with chainguns, then take another telepoter to get outside.

The only down side is that you cannot modfiy health but you could place overshilds in the heavy room and double speed in the scout room.

Furthermore i think sticky bombs can be replaced with spike gernades.

And please no one think i am making this, i have nither the skills nor cooperative tools even attempt this, i just hope some one will consider making this

Edited by warchieftain on Oct 19, 2010 at 09:21 PM

Ever since i've started playing halo ce there's been one type of mod that i wish i could see and that would be a Team Fortress 2 Style single player mod ( cause I don’t think mp would work ) where the player with ai allies of each class could fight against an opposing ai team

While I am aware of the fact that some components will not work in Halo i know that we can replicate a majority of the weapons and classes and even give it a halo flare.

1. Art style: With cel shading i think we can mimic the TF2 art style.

2. Classes:
• The Heavy: Spartan ai with modified health, and movement speed, chain gun weapon
• Demoman: Spartan ai with GL
• Solider: Spartan ai with RL
• Scout: Spartan ai with modified health, and movement speed, shotgun with modified range
• Sniper: Spartan ai with sniper
• Pyro: Spartan ai with flamethrower, alt fire has projectile that does no damage but pushes you back
• Medic: To my knowledge this class will not work like it will work in tf2
• Spy: same as medic
• Engineer : it’s possible but I don’t know how the spawning of sentry’s and dispensers would work so…..?
3. Class selection:
How I envision to work is that the player will span in an empty room with no weapons, then in the pause menu they can choose the class they want, then the respective weapons and poer ups for their class would spawn i.e. : choose scout -> shotgun and double speed spawn.

4. Alternative classes ? :
Since the medic ,spy, and engi classes would not work properly I have suggestions for 3 alternative classes –
• Assault : Spartan ai with descent health, wields assault rifle
• Marksmen: Spartan ai, weak like sniper, functions like a mid-range flexible sniper, uses Br or Dmr
• CQB: Spartan ai uses powerful close range shotgun like the scout
Weapons can be prevented from being picked up so that classes cannot use each other’s weapons.
This is my idea would any of you consider it ? This was my grand design for halo ce but sapien, guerrilla and everything in between hates me so please don’t waste your time by telling my to do it myself.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Solitude Firefight Oct 19, 2010 07:07 AM (Total replies: 406)

Quote: --- Original message by: goldkilla88
were.... where in the HELL did you get those Halo 3 Grunts!? D:<

Page 45 of the biped WIP, i think.

Halo CE General Discussion » Fav. AI map? Oct 15, 2010 06:00 AM (Total replies: 19)

Insanity! is proably the most advanced ai map that i have seen so far.

Halo CE General Discussion » Reach weapons Oct 14, 2010 03:43 PM (Total replies: 157)

Quote: --- Original message by: d4rfnader
Most of the tags in h3 coagulation are just rips by sphinxbio, and most of them have been released alreay.

A compleate h3 tagset was essientially released WITH

sandtrap just get your halo 3 tags from it.

Time: Tue November 25, 2014 6:58 PM 437 ms.
A Halo Maps Website