A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: barrettrouton
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 29, 2010 02:33 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 16
What Games do you play: xbox and crap
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
barrettrouton has contributed to 48 posts out of 464936 total posts (.01%) in 4,281 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [MAP] A remake of sorts of Powerhouse Aug 29, 2010 02:33 PM (Total replies: 210)

Do this guy a favor and don't start pumping out renditions of PowerHouse. Sure it can use a bit of work, but I'd really like to see Double Helix do it. Its a fantastic remake, and I'd hate to see you kids come out with half done maps and ruin his work.

Halo CE General Discussion » 4v4 slayer/CTF on CE tonight 9 central RSVP Aug 27, 2010 10:50 PM (Total replies: 10)

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=528 sorry its also called mudslide final

Halo CE General Discussion » 4v4 slayer/CTF on CE tonight 9 central RSVP Aug 27, 2010 10:45 PM (Total replies: 10)

Its ok my server is screwin up hhs_sidewinder is available here the others are on halomaps

http://staticchanger.com/downloads/hhs_sidewinder.zip

Halo CE General Discussion » 4v4 slayer/CTF on CE tonight 9 central RSVP Aug 27, 2010 09:45 PM (Total replies: 10)

Here's the mappack link guys http://staticchanger.com/downloads/staticsmaps.zip
sorry i'm late

The server name will be Static's CE on 1.09. I have a zip with the maps in it minus acsension classic, and snowy_coagulation. I'll post a link as soon as its done uploading.
Here's the list of maps,
acsension classic http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4851 NOT IN ZIP
snowy_coagulation http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3442 NOT IN ZIP
Prime T3
Asteroid
Wartorncove3
X2_mudslide
Power House
Seclusion
HHS_sidewinder
lolcano
Edited by barrettrouton on Aug 27, 2010 at 10:03 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » 4v4 slayer/CTF on CE tonight 9 central RSVP Aug 27, 2010 08:38 PM (Total replies: 10)

Yeah I can definitely host games, I want you guys to suggest maps, as of know I have Power House, seclusion, lolcano, camtrak arena fx, and hhs_sidewinder. What do you want to play?

Halo CE General Discussion » 4v4 slayer/CTF on CE tonight 9 central RSVP Aug 27, 2010 08:27 PM (Total replies: 10)

I feel like playing some Custom Edition tonight, some real CE fun. Reply with one quality map that you think would be good to play 4v4 slayer/CTF tonight, and at about 8:30 I'll post a download link to a zip containing all the maps we'll cycle through. Then at nine (central) we can play. I'm hosting in 1.09 CE, I have a great DSL connection, so 8 is about the max I can host.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Transparent Shader Questions May 17, 2010 10:56 PM (Total replies: 6)

I'd say its the way the actual models are setup.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Aero May 17, 2010 07:27 PM (Total replies: 232)

Its a nice project I don't see anything wrong with it. iHalo is bringing together nice work regardless of the quality. Unless you have constructive criticism shutup. "I think your mesh sucks." isn't helping anybody. "Your mesh could use such and such try doing this." is alot more helpful. If you don't have anything to say just leave.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Aero May 17, 2010 07:11 PM (Total replies: 232)

Lets just chill guys

Sweet project I'd be happy to help if you need anything
Edited by barrettrouton on May 17, 2010 at 07:14 PM

Hello all I've been working on a mod/remake for sidewinder for a few years now and I'm ready to make some BSP changes. I have all the concepts drawn up and ready to implement, but I am having trouble setting up the scene for my newly imported sidewinder model. Here's the data folder of what I have so far http://barrettrouton.com/sidewinder.zip . I'm just trying to make it exportable as a scenario structure. II have built and attached a sky box around it, but it keeps giving me errors on things like ladders in the map. Can anyone who has successfully imported, edited, and reexported a map give me a hand. I've worked on this for days. Basically I need a 3ds scene of sidewinder so I can make my needed changes.

Help is very much appreciated, this is a serious original map mod that I really want to get done. I plan on having the players spawn in a room that allows them to drop on their side of the map via droppods. I need to edit the bsp to implement this. I am also adding things that will make the map abit more like Halo 3's Avanlanche. Thanks agian.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Xbox & Coop? Apr 22, 2010 02:20 PM (Total replies: 14)

Yes it will sync, technically its not it doesn't even have too its on the same machine everything will sync perfectly on xbox. Use arsenic to get it over to xbox. There is a nice community over at halomaps.com that has tutorials and people that will help you set up arsenic and and get things over to xbox. You may have to sacrifice some things for xbox compatibility, but it should be worth it.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Using SketchUp to Model a Map (lengthy) Apr 7, 2010 10:57 PM (Total replies: 33)

You may want to consider starting over in 3ds anything done in sketchup will likely have to be redone manually in 3ds. If you need a copy of 3ds max I actually have an extra copy I could mail you or something. You would still need access to a PC though.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Using SketchUp to Model a Map (lengthy) Apr 7, 2010 02:50 PM (Total replies: 33)

Give us a link to the sketchup model and I'll see what I can do. I converted a sketchup model once before and it did have errors which I fixed (almost). I really like the map concept and if it takes reimporting/modeling the map in 3ds I'd still like to see it done. You've done a super fine job.

Halo CE General Discussion » RPG_Beta6.2: Work in Progress Mar 27, 2010 09:24 PM (Total replies: 232)

To: cantstopthebeat

Come on dude, if you care about this map help out with your "knowledge" and show Opsy what to do. Honestly, I think you have no idea what your talking about, or you'd be willing to help. Get a life and stop being dumb on forums. How do you really expect all mapmakers to know what you know? How are they supposed to if you just act like a little kindergarten girl and say "I have a secret and I'm not telling maahaa". Its just immature. Either way lie or truth your just being rude and inconsiderate.
Edited by barrettrouton on Mar 27, 2010 at 09:25 PM

Well I guess he got banned. Anyway, Opsy, I think you should try to fool around with that tool pro. I hear it works perhaps it requires a little more trial and error. I don't know maybe it won't work with multiple BSP's.
Edited by barrettrouton on Mar 27, 2010 at 09:28 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » RPG_Beta6.2: Work in Progress Mar 23, 2010 08:39 PM (Total replies: 232)

Quote: --- Original message by: cantstopthebeat

<- knows how to bypass without exceptioning

but seriously even I know how to bypass the limit without exceptioning in-game and i can only modify BSPs

I'm gonna have to quote the internet by saying "YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG"
Edited by cantstopthebeat on Mar 23, 2010 at 07:52 AM

If you really know how stop the guessing games and tell Opsy.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT Tags Mar 15, 2010 06:03 PM (Total replies: 6)

No problem. Same here.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT Tags Mar 14, 2010 11:59 PM (Total replies: 6)

http://barrettrouton.com/cmttags.7z

Halo CE General Discussion » RPG_Beta6.2: Work in Progress Mar 8, 2010 02:22 PM (Total replies: 232)

Nice Map
Edited by barrettrouton on Mar 8, 2010 at 02:23 PM

(scenery_animation_start   )

Never tried it but that might get what you need. I'd use a device machine though.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Where to put modded maps on Xbox Mar 4, 2010 06:31 PM (Total replies: 2)

Yeah you can, but it takes a little more work than I believe you anticipate. Go to halomaps.com there is a program called Arsenic that is kind of like HEK for xbox halo. You can import tagsets from PC maps and compile them into xbox maps. You'll never get a perfect recreation of a CE map because there are differences in the PC and Xbox engines ( for example xbxo only supports 3 vehicles) You also have to have your xbox modded, but the first xbox has been generously exploited, and there are a variety of ways to softmod it. You may also try looking around for a mappack that has custom maps already in it. KMP did a nice redo of hugeass, my favorite map.

Time: Tue August 4, 2020 12:36 PM 359 ms.
A Halo Maps Website