A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Ardent
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 23, 2010 03:00 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 14
What Games do you play: Halo, Halo 2 vista, Crysis, UT3, and Halo CE
Why can't people be more courteous and polite

Post Statistics
Ardent has contributed to 23 posts out of 469494 total posts (0.00%) in 4,021 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Reach Discussion Jul 23, 2010 03:00 PM (Total replies: 1379)

Someone say Driveable Forklift ? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEkwk5KnoCI (11:19)
Edited by Ardent on Jul 23, 2010 at 03:03 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How would you make a custom HUD? Oct 19, 2009 09:57 AM (Total replies: 1)

Here are all the ones I know of .

User Interface (UI) Element Creation:
http://ghost.halomaps.org/tutorials/#ui
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1214

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoiI_1DRT38
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWhFzu6vQGM

Visor Outline / Editing Hud (Note, while this tutorial is for Halo PC modding via the use of HMT and Eschaton, it does teach you how to create visor outlines) :
http://www.halomods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=81986&sid=6c86711c186f22de6d00548a04ff8866

Halo CE General Discussion » M$ milking the Halo Cash Cow...again Jul 24, 2009 11:32 AM (Total replies: 124)

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
I hope Studio 4C does it. It really did look the best. The others looked weird, and the CGI one looked really stupid.

Quote: --- Original message by: pwner5889
Bones should do it. They made some one of my favorite anime shows.

Bones, Casio Entertainment, Production I.G., Studio4 C, and Toei Animation, all get their shot at Halo Legends, as its seven short films done by five production houses (similar to how Batman: Gotham Knight was done).

Quote: --- Original message by: Karrde
Nobody should do it. It's a complete failure of an idea. Halo is not Japanese, and should not be made into an anime series, period. They just want as much money from Halo as they can get, and this is just another way for them to do it. Disgusting.

It has already been done (well its in production).
Yes, they do want to make as much money as possible, after all it is M$.
Edited by Ardent on Jul 24, 2009 at 12:11 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » M$ milking the Halo Cash Cow...again Jul 24, 2009 04:00 AM (Total replies: 124)

Quote: --- Original message by: FlyAwayNow
MAYBE! ah never mind. I cant imagine what will these mini movies show on. What? I mean its not like this is gonna just wake up Toonami again or go on Spike.

I'm not sure they are going to be shown on TV.
Quote: "Warner Bros. will distribute Halo Legends on DVD, Blu-ray, and digitally in early 2010. Xbox Live fans can catch a preview of the anime this fall."

Edit: Advancebo beat me too it . Darn me spending 30 min writing this post, and taking a screenshot . Oh well

Halo Legends preview on GameTrailers.com
Link:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-debut-halo-legends/53157

Looks quite similar to Batman: Gotham Knight (i.e. a few good quality drawings, a few slightly out of proportion).

At 0.40-0.42 in the video, it looks to me like the Mjolnir Mark 4 armour, but in the rest of the video it looks like the Mark 6. Which means that the timeline could already be screwed up ...

Spartans on Space Bikes (1:55-1:59)...wth ?!?

Master Chief is in it (1:51) ^^ !

*If you qoute this post, plz take out the "img" tags. Thx*
Edited by Ardent on Jul 24, 2009 at 04:34 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » M$ milking the Halo Cash Cow...again Jul 23, 2009 10:53 AM (Total replies: 124)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dark Neon

As long as they dont screw up story lines and stuff I'm fine with it.
Edit: And they dont put the chief in it. An onyx one would be fairly cool.

They may have already screwed up the timeline. I don't know if its concept art, but in the images shown, it sure looks to me like Mjolnir Mark 6 armour. And I'm guessing that they (the episodes / short films) are going to be taking place before the events of Halo (which means it should be Mjolnir Mark 4, or 5 if they show the fall of reach).

Edited by Ardent on Jul 23, 2009 at 10:54 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » M$ milking the Halo Cash Cow...again Jul 23, 2009 09:56 AM (Total replies: 124)

Halo Legends...the Halo Anime series, compromising of seven short films / episodes.
This properly means more screwed up timelines / Plot Holes .

Ref:
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/100/1006554p1.html

http://kotaku.com/5320898/

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-ct-videogames23-2009jul23,0,5232624.story

*If you qoute this post, plz take out the "img" tags. Thx*

Edited by Ardent on Jul 24, 2009 at 04:16 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Reach announced at E3 Jun 2, 2009 08:54 AM (Total replies: 44)

Just read on the Bungie forums.
1 Theory is that Sierra 259 stands for Spartan 2, number 059 (which would be Spartan Malcolm).
However that theory is contradicted by the trailer saying "This is Sierra 320. Prepped for combat insertion.".
So it would have to be the 2nd group of Spartan 2's.
Edited by Ardent on Jun 2, 2009 at 08:56 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » halo 3 warthog textures Apr 22, 2009 05:07 AM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: lichong
Are their any good halo 3 warthog textures

The only ones I know of, are these...
http://www.halomods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=80869
*Note : You need to be a member of HaloMods to view files and attachments, i.e. the pic's and the skin.*
And this...
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=42a70545e90d0b8bdef1753cb936142b
*Note : You need to download the Collada (.zip) file to get the textures, you will need to rearrange them to fit Halo's size and shape. IF you use these textures in a map you must give credit for the textures to the original creator*

Hope one of them suits your fancy

Edited by Ardent on Apr 22, 2009 at 05:09 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » RPG Map Request Mar 20, 2009 01:36 PM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: Igotaname13_Also what do you like better,"I want" or "I need."

How about "I would like" or "I would really like, and I think it would be a great map for others aswell"
Quote: --- Original message by: Igotaname13_
Other than that I see that this map Idea has potential, it may seem hard but to start with it we could cut out the idea of huge but compact tunnel systems.

If you really look at RPG 5 though this really seems possible, and I haven't seen any knock offs of RPG 5. I even think this map would be better than RPG 5 since you can put more into it since its compact.

I mostly agree with you. From your description of the map to be (or not to be), it sounds quite interesting.
If the map did get made, how about playing as an ODST , instead of the average Mk V or Mk VI Mjolnir armoured spartan. And instead of the normal 3D models and textures for Halo's weapons, you use these http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3434 (that way the weapons have the same firepower, accuracy, etc. but look a whole lot nicer ?
Edited by Ardent on Mar 20, 2009 at 01:49 PM

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » Reticles and Weapon Textures ? Feb 1, 2009 12:11 PM (Total replies: 0)

With Halo 2 Vista's Editing Kit, is it possible to edit or create new reticles / crosshairs and weapon skins / textures (as I have heard that its editing kit lacks a lot of features) ???
For example on the map Coagulation, I would like to have a Sniper Rifle skinned to look more like the Halo 3 one, and with a new custom reticle, would that be possible ?

Thanks in advance
Edited by Ardent on Feb 1, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Pelican skin ? Jan 3, 2009 04:47 AM (Total replies: 21)

Quote: --- Original message by: Maniac1000

are these what you want or is this what Recycle Bin posted already?

Yes those are what I was looking for .
Thank you very much .

Halo CE General Discussion » Pelican skin ? Jan 2, 2009 07:07 AM (Total replies: 21)

Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
Quote: --- Original message by: Recycle Bin
If you new how to change/edit skins then why would you need to download it?
Do it yourself!

.. havnt you noticed?.. people are lazyasses.. thats why he wont do it himself. He wants to mooch off others... duh.. (dennis is probly gonna get mad at me for pointing this out lol)

Yes your partially correct, I would prefer to know if anyone knows were to download it, rather than rip a map. Just as a non-expert map maker of CE would prefer to use others tags located on this website (or other websites), and anything they can't find appropriate they will usually make themselves.

Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
Because he uses Halo PC.

Also, if you are modding Halo PC, why are you requesting something created for Halo CE?
Edited by Gamma927 on Jan 1, 2009 at 06:25 PM

I am retexturing things for my modded campaign, anything which I can't find good textures for, I create myself. The Pelican skin from those maps looks good, so I would like to implement it.

Sorry but that is not the skin from those maps or Halo 2. You will notice it is just the same skin as the original pelican skin, but with a more green colouring.

Quote: --- Original message by: HDoan
Isnt it just a simple shader edit -_-

Please correct me if I am wrong, but editing the shader would just cause an object to become more (or less) shiny, or a slighlty different colour. Notice that the pelican skin used in those maps (the maps I listed) look smoother, and are missing all the black splodges (battle damge or wear and tear, I presume) ?

Please do not post in this topic if you are going to be unhelpful or nag. I get fed up of having to explain myself over and over ...

Edited by Ardent on Jan 2, 2009 at 12:02 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Pelican skin ? Jan 1, 2009 03:06 PM (Total replies: 21)

Quote: --- Original message by: Recycle Bin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAwaBZMxPJ8

I already know how to change / edit skins .

I am asking if anyone could provide a link to were I could download the Pelican skin used in Extinction, Rpg beta 4-4, Downflow, Zanzibar Intense, etc. , nothing else.
Ripping a map to get the skin using HEK would be a last resort (if no one has a link).
Edited by Ardent on Jan 1, 2009 at 03:06 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Pelican skin ? Jan 1, 2009 02:24 PM (Total replies: 21)

Quote: --- Original message by: Destroyer
Quote: --- Original message by: Destroyer
they use the original pelican skin =/

No they dont.
Example
Original pelican skin > http://i39.tinypic.com/rsvi3a.jpg
Extinction pelican skin >http://i41.tinypic.com/2dvll6c.jpg
Notice that the Extinction pelican skin is different, with a more Halo 2 style skin.

Quote: Quote: --- Original message by: Destroyer
Why would you come to a HaloCE based forum?

Technically becuase the skin is from a CE map (maps) it is partially connected, but next time I will save myself the hassle of having to explain myself over and over, and go ask on another forum.

Edited by Ardent on Jan 1, 2009 at 02:26 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Pelican skin ? Jan 1, 2009 02:08 PM (Total replies: 21)

Quote: --- Original message by: vmt

why dont you just take the pelican?
Edited by vmt on Jan 1, 2009 at 12:35 PM

Modding the campaign for Halo PC (not CE), that means HMT. Sorry I should have stated that at the beginning .

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Rip extinction and find the pilican bitmaps. Then download a Bitmap extractor and extract them so you can do whatever you want.

Ripping would be a last resort.

Halo CE General Discussion » Pelican skin ? Jan 1, 2009 12:32 PM (Total replies: 21)

Can someone please provide a link to where I can download the Pelican skin used in such maps as Extinction, Rpg beta 4-4, Downflow, Zanzibar Intense, etc. (the shiny halo 2 style pelican skin), so I can implement it in my modded Halo campaign (which is about 20% complete) for PC (not CE, so no HEK) ???

Thanks in advance
Edited by Ardent on Jan 1, 2009 at 02:09 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » if u find a secrett room tell us here. Dec 20, 2008 01:03 PM (Total replies: 271)

Quote: --- Original message by: black doom
i said you need to tele over the hills first. and how many kms i forgot. just fly with the pelican far away from the city and the map.

Because it is so big outside the map, I am confused to which direction do I fly from the city after I get out of the map (towards the sun, towards the planet, towards the little grey spec far to the right, etc.) ?
Does the teleporter stand out from the grass ?

Halo CE General Discussion » if u find a secrett room tell us here. Dec 20, 2008 11:31 AM (Total replies: 271)

after you teleport your self with a pelican outa map (behind the small city), go back to 1st person. next, fly alway from the map for a minute. if you did good, you wont see the map becuse of fog. go close to the ground and search. but dont turn dev cam on. search a while there, and you should find it.

Sorry, but I still can't find it.
Which direction is it from the small city / town (north,east,south,west, or is it towards the planet, the covie ship, the tiny little gray spec east from the small city, etc.) ?
How many Km is it away from Blue team's flag (in ctf) ?
Is it past the point were your view stays in one place, while your pelican goes onwards ?

Halo CE General Discussion » if u find a secrett room tell us here. Dec 20, 2008 09:39 AM (Total replies: 271)

reminds me of the rpg beta 5 secret room...

get a pelican and try to find the hole in the invisible wall

next, fly though it and search for the teleporter (if you find it, dont try to fly past the area hes on, or youll hit a death block quite quickly.)

land near the tele and get out of pelican and take the grenade like weapon near the tele and jump in (dont use the weapon, youll need it.)

youll tele into a hallway which looks like the one in the ship, but it isnt. look behind you and youll see a warthog. drive in it to the directon it points to (dont drive to the other directon! youll just waste time!)

drive there and youll get to an overshield powerup. take it. (its not a real one, youll need it still though).

leave the warthog and crouch jump up into the hole. it would be very dark. press q, then instead of the normal flashlight, youll get a night vision. (thats the powerup, but its only 1 use). youll need it to go in the mini-maze so you wont fall though the holes.

after you finish there, press q again, and night vision will be removed. youll see a very high wall. use the grenade like weapon and shoot it under you. youll jump very high, just enough to crouch into the open in the high wall. press on the trigger and youll tele to the warthog spawn. take the warthog (if you set that vehicles can respawn, there would be 2.).

drive the other directon, and youll see a destroyed blast door. (thats why you need to active the trigger) go off the warthog, and walk though the blast door. youll be teleported to somewhere on invisible wall ontop of the bridge. youll also see "press e to sit in the driver sit of missing string" (something like that.) press e, and youll drive the big ship...

invisible wall: the one that civers the hills

big ship: well... look up

teleport: search for it after you exit though the hole.

Could you be a bit more percise (maybe show a picture), please. I can't find the teleporter or the hole. I can get out of the map easily with a pelican. I have even used Dev cam to wonder around the map, and still can't find the tele. Please help .

Edited by Ardent on Dec 20, 2008 at 09:41 AM

Time: Sat December 7, 2019 6:43 AM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website