A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: stennett
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 16, 2010 08:07 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
stennett has contributed to 338 posts out of 469505 total posts (.07%) in 4,024 days (.08 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » RipCord Construction Aug 16, 2010 08:07 AM (Total replies: 98)

Dennis never said it was impossible with the use of third party programs. In fact i believe he said it was at some point.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Chan Jul 28, 2010 03:12 PM (Total replies: 42)

Quote: --- Original message by: NeiaG
I wonder what will happen if /b/ finds out about this.....

nothing, probably.

Halo CE General Discussion » Inspiration Thread Jul 27, 2010 06:16 PM (Total replies: 9)

i just started sketching some environments that'd be cool to play on.. i have terrible photoshop skills (well, i think im bad anyway) so they wont be anything special, but maybe enough to spark a few ideas? im doing several in one image, so yeah..

Halo CE General Discussion » ok this is for dennis Jul 26, 2010 04:53 PM (Total replies: 1)

the downloads will be safe. its just the forums (or rather the immature people spamming) that are causing any problems.

Halo CE General Discussion » Cool Map Concept But Needs Ideas! Jul 26, 2010 04:45 PM (Total replies: 4)

the best way to make the ai (seem) decent is to make the map linear, which means that there are few paths to the evac zone. maybe you could have some dead ends in there too. Anyway, the idea is, with it being linear, you can place them cleverly to appear as though they are acting smart. also, I believe there is a script that makes ai follow you. That'd be helpfull.

Halo CE General Discussion » Making a Halo Reach Forum Jul 26, 2010 11:45 AM (Total replies: 13)

^ this. And who knows, if you concentrate the forum on the customization in reach, it might be quite successful. Assuming you can generate the members. How committed are you to actually 'up keeping' and moderating a forum?

Halo CE General Discussion » Making a Halo Reach Forum Jul 26, 2010 07:40 AM (Total replies: 13)

will you be in need of graphics?
example: http://http://tinypic.com/r/f2j9yq/3
(ps, I didn't embed it because its terrible and only took me ~5mins :P)

Halo CE General Discussion » Fun community project. Jul 19, 2010 05:03 PM (Total replies: 11)

I've had a few ideas already. i'll keep thinking, however, since i have to go to bed (only 2 more days of school... :D) i'll post them on a later date, likely tomorrow.

Halo CE General Discussion » Fun community project. Jul 19, 2010 04:47 PM (Total replies: 11)

interesting...

Halo CE General Discussion » Sculptris Jun 2, 2010 08:03 PM (Total replies: 2)

long time no see or whatever. Found 'Sculptris' while browsing the web, and its really simple to use. I figure you guys might want to play around with it. heres a pic of something (a head.. i geuss. i dont really know) i made in literally less than one minute. even if it isnt practical for CE, its still fun. :P

http://i49.tinypic.com/2w5jdjl.jpg
(link as the picture is quite large)

Also, download at http://www.sculptris.com/

have fun.

Halo CE General Discussion » hek+ trouble Apr 9, 2010 06:29 PM (Total replies: 4)

the easiest thing to try would be to re-install CE, Hek, and Hek plus. when you saved it to your D: drive, you might not have saved all of the needed files, and so re-installing would fix this. hope this helps.

I originally joined this community as a 'general noob' , i liked coldsnap, hugeass etc. I also went about trying to make maps of my own, using stock bsps. I did not release anything really, and then I found the forums. I soon realised that a 'good map' was about the gameplay, not what vehicles it had, or weapons. I used to post in threads giving my view and ideas, helping them the best I could. Along the way I made a few friends, who I would talk to and generally have fun with. Then I lost interest, coming to the forums less and less, and generally playing less, until the point, now, that i hadn't come to the forums in months, let alone posted, or played halo.
Recently I have re-installed Halo 1, but not CE, and lurking the forums since I have found no real reason to post. I guess this is a 'hey, I'm back.' ... I was originally in this community to give ideas, as thats what I'm best at, but now, i do not know, yet. Looking forward to see what's happening.

I'm with Lodex in saying decent grammar gets you more respect.

BUT, back on topic guys. Talk about stuff to do with stuff this thread is about...

also, what Dennis said.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] The Legacy of Halo: CE Oct 30, 2009 09:10 AM (Total replies: 18)

for music you could use requiem for a dream. (if used correctly, it could work well.)

Halo CE General Discussion » Terminator Firefight. Oct 30, 2009 08:40 AM (Total replies: 38)

Quote: --- Original message by: PX173
This is the art of scripting, or generally mapping. In art, you make whatever inspires you until you've lost that inspiration or finished doing it. There is no criteria for judging in art - what is ugly or bad to one is good and beautiful to another.

tool disagrees.

Quote: --- Original message by: Donut
yeah if youre going to build a team around a game or theme, its usually a good idea to either stick to the theme or change the name of the team to fit the theme so you arnt confusing people.

i do agree, but it said in the first post that this isnt an exact copy, and we will be adding some custom stuff, as this is custom edition. if we were going to copy it 100% we might as well just go play halo2..

Quote: --- Original message by: CorruptedHalo
Whats with the firebomb grenades? I thought this was Halo 2 :\

really? im pretty sure its custom edition...

Halo CE General Discussion » Problems when using new monitor with HCE Oct 25, 2009 07:35 PM (Total replies: 5)

or you could use windowed mode..

we're discussing that at the moment.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Can't install HEK on windows 7 Oct 25, 2009 09:22 AM (Total replies: 5)

i believe the latest version of .Net Framework is 4.0 , if thats the version you have, get 3.5

Time: Tue December 10, 2019 9:40 PM 344 ms.
A Halo Maps Website