A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Redemption
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 30, 2009 04:10 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 17
What Games do you play: Every Halo game, Empire Earth, C&C
Here to reclaim Halo's former glory
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Redemption has contributed to 56 posts out of 469343 total posts (.01%) in 3,919 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Review my game Pls Aug 30, 2009 04:10 PM (Total replies: 43)

page 2 ftw indeed, even though in hindsight making this thread may have been stupid, being that it seemed to compel people to rate my map lower, oh well.

Tucker, I wasn't trying to remake Coldsnap, I was going to make a whole new map using gmax, but I want it to be big and I'm not familiar with the units gmax uses, so if anyone knows, about how many units long is Coldsnap... or Hugeass, whatever works.

Halo CE General Discussion » Review my game Pls Aug 29, 2009 09:28 PM (Total replies: 43)

I downloaded it. It's pretty cool, espeshally with the Warthog drivers, but what's the purpose of the fancy shield doors and the Feul Rod Gun that dosn't shoot anything?

Edit- oh, and as a question to everyone else: about how long is Coldsnap in terms of the units they use on Gmax, I need a refrence.
Edited by Redemption on Aug 29, 2009 at 09:30 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Review my game Pls Aug 29, 2009 05:16 PM (Total replies: 43)

Yah, maybe if the Scarab's beam wasn't just a rapid fire nuke cannon then it would work. I'm sure I can get it to work... look if there's a Longsword, counter it with a Fighter Jet; so to balance the Longsword, I'll add quick agile Jets (which I already planed on) and I'll make the reload time for the nuke very long so you can nuke spam; there problem solved.

Call me a noob if you want, but the main reason I would want to play Halo CE is so I could use the Pelecans/Scarabs/Longswords exc. otherwise I would just play Halo 3. Although, Snow Grove is fun too.

Halo CE General Discussion » Review my game Pls Aug 29, 2009 04:46 PM (Total replies: 43)

Quote: --- Original message by: Sgt Blaze
Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5
Quote: --- Original message by: Redemption
And I relize your right about the new commers, thank god for YouTube, I always assume that Halo CE's population is shrinking, but obviously not true. So, I'm gonna concintrate on making Blood Rift balanced.

Putting longswords and scarabs in is the opposite of making it balanced.
I agree. Longswords + scarabs in the same map= Bad Idea

I know what you mean, I just said Scarab and Longsword cause they're kind of 2 biggest vehicles. It kind of works with them both on Extiction cause it's a wide map, but not in a narrow canyon. I can already see constant spawn kills due to nuking and camping Scarab at the enemies base. I think in the first version I'll leave out the Scarabs and give both teams a Longsword (among plenty of other vehicles of course) and I'll make the reload time very long for the nuke, cause it would be much more effective in this map.

Then I'll make a varient of Blood Rift and call it Scarab Rift. It'll be the first map ever with 2 Scarabs, one for both teams, and I'll replace the Longsword with the Stingray that I found on this site.
Edited by Redemption on Aug 29, 2009 at 04:46 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Review my game Pls Aug 29, 2009 04:26 PM (Total replies: 43)

Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5
Quote: --- Original message by: Redemption
So when in Rome, make a giant version of Blood Gulch with Scarabs and Longswords (cause everyone loves Blood Gulch) I know it'll be at least better than Hugeass.

No, see, because the only reason Hugeass/Coldsnap is so popular is because to new people, driving pelicans, scarabs and longswords is a novel idea. People like it because the map fits the vehicles, as unbalanced as it is, the map is tailored to the kind of fights it has in there. Bloodgulch is not. BG is probably the width of 5 longswords, plus it has a very low cieling, so nukes wouldn't work, they would kill everyone in the map, you couldn't shoot in the longswords because you're so low to the ground. Scarabs can't fit because the longswords would be flying too low and so your map would become a clusterfark of nukes and scarab beams and no real gameplay at all.

um, yah that would happen, but I said a giant version called Blood Rift made from scratch that would support the big vehicles. Believe me, I already tried putting a Scarab on Blood Gulch, didn't work too well.

And I relize your right about the new commers, thank god for YouTube, I always assume that Halo CE's population is shrinking, but obviously not true. So, I'm gonna concintrate on making Blood Rift balanced.

Halo CE General Discussion » Review my game Pls Aug 29, 2009 02:24 PM (Total replies: 43)

It dosn't make any sense, everyone says those maps suck, but then everyone plays them; it's like how everyone says they hate Halo these days, but it's still the most played game (on Xbox live). I'm not saying you guys have a double standard, but in terms of the general public, those maps (and extinction) are the most popular. For me they're must have because those are the only maps where you can get some serious 8 vs. 8 battles... except Snow Grove, but that isn't dosn't fall into the freakishly huge catagory.

So when in Rome, make a giant version of Blood Gulch with Scarabs and Longswords (cause everyone loves Blood Gulch) I know it'll be at least better than Hugeass.

And thanks for the reviews everyone.

Halo CE General Discussion » Review my game Pls Aug 29, 2009 01:57 PM (Total replies: 43)

lol, I'll try to keep that in mind.

I'm done with AI varients for right now though, I do have an idea for one map with AI, but I'll do that later. Right now I'm gonna figure out how to make some maps with gmax, my first maps gonna just be a big noobish map, pretty much just a really huge Blood Gulch, I'll call it Blood Rift. Hopefully it will fall into the same must have catagory Hugeass and Coldsnap is.

Edit- I'm ignoring gruntfromhalo, btw.
Edited by Redemption on Aug 29, 2009 at 01:58 PM
Edited by Redemption on Aug 29, 2009 at 01:59 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Review my game Pls Aug 29, 2009 01:36 PM (Total replies: 43)

So what your saying is that I should have made it so the Jackals took cover behind some rocks and logs when they see an enemy? That's kinda what their shield is for, but ok. One thing I can think of to spice up the map is if I periodically had small attack groups attack the enemy base, rather than just defend the whole time.

And just to let you know, I didn't do anything random while making this: Jackals counter Sentinels - Flame Sentinels counter Hunters/Bomber Sentinels - Bomber Sentinels/Hunters counter Jackals - Elite Commanders counter everything and you counter Elite Commanders + everything else.

And nice map\video Gamma, the AI seemed to know what they were doing, except for the Warthog driver :D

Halo CE General Discussion » Review my game Pls Aug 29, 2009 12:50 PM (Total replies: 43)

Gamma927, I didn't want them to attack the enemy base because they're supposed to be defending your base. If you go up to the enemy base, shoot at some of them and run, they'll follow you all the way to your base. Eventually a major battle erupts in the middle, and I try provoke that battle by adding the Hunters. Personally I think it's better than maps where AI just spawn in the middle or move to the middle and constantly attack eachother, casue now there's some intelligence; they see you and try to seek you out.

Maybe I did mess up the Wraith, Needler Glass shaders totally aren't in style, don't know what I was thinking... But That's Not The Point, it's a Repeating Wraith, fires 5 rounds rapidly.

But I get what you mean when you say BloodGulch is overdone, that's probably why ODST Mission is doing a lot better when it's pretty much the same thing.
Edited by Redemption on Aug 29, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Review my game Pls Aug 29, 2009 12:05 PM (Total replies: 43)

MercenaryGulch

In terms of the New Additions section, it's getting a good amount of downloads, but someone's giving it bad ratings. It recently jumped up but before it was around 6. So if anyone here downloaded it and tried it out could you tell me what you thought of it? being that it was my first map.

Also, keep in mind that it's ment for multiplayer, I describe all of this in a readme file in the download; I wanted the description to be on the page that you download the map from, like every other game, but I must have done something wrong when submitting my file.
Edited by Redemption on Aug 29, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Update on Millennium? Aug 20, 2009 09:36 PM (Total replies: 4)

it's ok FtDSpartn, I added it to my favorites before it got deleted, I'm going to assume that these will work which is good cause I can't find my flash drive. So thank you.

Halo CE General Discussion » Update on Millennium? Aug 20, 2009 04:03 PM (Total replies: 4)

can I just copy the 1.08 haloce.exe and strings.dll from my new computer, which has a fully updated custom edition, and take them to my Windows ME's CE directory using a flash drive?

And could you give slightly more in depth instructions on how to use the registery thing, cause after quickly looking it up on the internet I get the feeling that if I mess with this I'm going to screw up my computer.

Halo CE General Discussion » Update on Millennium? Aug 20, 2009 01:58 PM (Total replies: 4)

I tried to download Halo Custom Edition on my old Millennium edition, but it can't download the 1.08 update for some reason, it said there was a problem with the game's installation and it suggested that I reinstall it, so I did and I got the same problem. How do I get the 1.08 update on Millennium edition?

Halo CE General Discussion » Dedicated Server Question Aug 20, 2009 02:15 AM (Total replies: 7)

Thanks, it was convenient that that updated tutorial got released just recently, but I don't know if I'm just not trying hard enough or what, but I can't find anything about what to do with the command prompt after it makes the server. I got it to work and it was, like every 5 seconds, giving me updates on the server like I suspected, so I closed it to start the game. My question is, once I close the command prompt how do I pull it up again to check out the server, or should I never close it?

Halo CE General Discussion » Dedicated Server Question Aug 18, 2009 01:24 AM (Total replies: 7)

ok cool, I downloaded a tutorial to show me how to set one up and it suggested that I look at Appendix A for all the sv commands, where do I find this Appendix A?

Halo CE General Discussion » Dedicated Server Question Aug 17, 2009 05:49 PM (Total replies: 7)

Are dedicated servers something you can just create and forget and it will be there untill you take it down, or is there more to it's upkeep?

Halo CE General Discussion » Popular Maps Aug 15, 2009 09:05 PM (Total replies: 19)

vmt, that's cause your playing the original game's multiplayer, were talking about the Halo Custom Edtion's multiplayer which has about 50 to 80 at a time.

What they need to do is get rid of all the versions and make a 1.09 version where the Halo Custom Editon multiplayer is combined with the normal one, so there would probably be about 3,000 people on at a time and all of them would be able to play custom maps. Also with the automatic update, there should be a small selection of popular custom maps that get automatically downloaded for you, to encourage people to go online and download more.

Or they could just make Halo free for download....

Halo CE General Discussion » Popular Maps Aug 15, 2009 11:23 AM (Total replies: 19)

I know what Cocain's talking about. I'm ashamed to say :P but I downloaded the cracked version on my old computer to test my maps over LAN, but like he said, it has a different version and it wouldn't work. Also once you download the cracked version you can't play the original version, I found that out when I decided to get the cracked version on both computers to play with my friend over the internet on both computers and it did work AND it did support Halo Custom Edition.... but the only maps I saw being played out of the hundreads of servers were coldsnap and hugeass, I had a better chance of having my maps being played if I went back to toaday's 1.08 version, cause that was the point of me buying Halo CE in the first place, to make maps. In the end I did the right thing and bought a second game.

So don't support the cracked version, crack is bad. You'll get the same experience if you play the multiplayer from the original game, cause that one still has around 600 players at a time.

Halo CE General Discussion » Popular Maps Aug 15, 2009 12:44 AM (Total replies: 19)

Hay! I just found this map called Downflow, it's better than coldsnap, extinction, hugeass and all those big ass maps put together. It got all the same weapons, but the atmosphere is just increadable and the map is much more dynamic than the big empty box the other maps are; also it got some inovative vehicles.
What's wrong with this map that makes it not be played as much as the others? And is there any way you can "advertise" or something to get an old map back in style?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Compiling Side-effects Aug 13, 2009 09:13 PM (Total replies: 3)

O_o I was freaked out that some major computer exploding error would happen if made two maps by the same name. I'm a little paranoid when I do new things, I've had to reformat my computer one too many times. But Thanks!
Edited by Redemption on Aug 13, 2009 at 09:14 PM

Time: Thu September 19, 2019 7:27 AM 312 ms.
A Halo Maps Website