A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: deadlyfighter1000
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 19, 2012 12:06 AM
Interests:
Your Age: 14
What Games do you play: Halo,Battlefield 2,CoD: WaW,Halo 3,Halo 2 (Xbox),Halo: CE,Sins of a Solar Empire
Constantly a threat.
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
deadlyfighter1000 has contributed to 264 posts out of 469466 total posts (.06%) in 3,967 days (.07 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Dropship respawn script Nov 19, 2012 12:06 AM (Total replies: 2)

Okay, so in this script,

(script continuous dropship1
(sleep 2000)
(object_create_anew dropship1)
(ai_vehicle_encounter dropship1 dropship1)
(unit_close dropship1)
(ai_place dropship1/dpass)
(vehicle_load_magic dropship1 "passenger" (ai_actors dropship1/dpass))
(object_teleport dropship1 dropship1)
(recording_play_and_hover dropship1 pipe_cship_drop)
(sleep (recording_time dropship1))
(unit_open dropship1)
(sleep 50)
(vehicle_unload dropship1 "")
(sleep 250)
(vehicle_hover dropship1 false)
(recording_play dropship1 pipe_cship_exit)
(sleep 50)
(unit_close dropship1)
(sleep 900)
(object_destroy dropship1)
(sleep_until (= (ai_living_count dropship1/dpass) 0) 15)
(sleep 2500)
)

I want to make it so that if the dropship dies at any point, the script merely restarts from the beginning, how would I do that? The script works completely fine - just that if the dropship dies before the script completes, the script become 'broken' persay. Thank you!

Halo CE General Discussion » Paid to make a map Aug 13, 2011 04:35 PM (Total replies: 48)

Quote: --- Original message by: Koo294

Wait, it disappeared? As in you no longer have the model?

I do >>.

This makes the offer incredibly easy for me i guess.
Edited by Koo294 on Aug 13, 2011 at 03:59 PM

Epic win.

Halo CE General Discussion » Paid to make a map Aug 13, 2011 01:15 PM (Total replies: 48)

I may try and make this map, but if I do I don't want your money. I'll let you know if I decide to.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] HaloRank Aug 11, 2011 07:29 PM (Total replies: 109)

This is amazing, props to you for creating this awesome site. I can't wait to see what you will add and improve on. Only hope is for more servers on HaloRank.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Animation help Aug 11, 2011 04:37 PM (Total replies: 1)

What kind of animations are you exporting?

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Aug 11, 2011 12:30 PM (Total replies: 11479)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz

Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925
Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz
Quote: --- Original message by: vampire_girl
Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925
Quote: --- Original message by: XlzQwerty1
No, canadian's don't say eh, that's a stereotype, but heck, my background isn't canadian so not like I care.

I have yet to find a Canadian that doesn't end just about everything with "eh"

I have yet to find a human who is not a stereotyping racist.

I have yet to find a human that doesn't laugh at stereotyping jokes even though his/her morals are that he/she will not stereotype anyone or anything. I laugh at jokes all the time instinctively even though I actually have nothing against anyone from any country or religion.

True.
But I seriously have not met a Canadian that doesn't end almost all sentence's with "eh."

You know how Canada got it's name right?

'Fraid I have to agree with that. I've met two Canadians visiting Britain and they both end all sentences with "eh".
Edited by Jaz on Aug 11, 2011 at 10:27 AM

I'm Canadian, and I do not end all my sentences with "eh".. Infact I hardly ever use "eh" unless I'm making a joke about being Canadian.

Halo CE General Discussion » space map sugjestions and ideas? Aug 10, 2011 10:03 PM (Total replies: 110)

I have a shortsword model in my vehicles folder, if you want it. It isn't mine & I'm not sure whose it is, but it is in-game. Not textured though. I'll get a pic..
E: Its also missing some bottom stuff... heres a pic:

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2168/shortsword.png
Edited by deadlyfighter1000 on Aug 10, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Vehicle & AI don't spawn? Aug 10, 2011 01:46 PM (Total replies: 14)

Yeah, I know that script, but the problem is it only specifies one vehicle, is there another way to make the ai enter any vehicle near them? Or would I just have to repeat the script for each vehicle?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » equiptment probs! Aug 9, 2011 12:05 PM (Total replies: 4)

You need to use Item_collections for multiplayer, in sapien go to Game Data and then Netgame Equipment to import them.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Vehicle & AI don't spawn? Aug 9, 2011 11:54 AM (Total replies: 14)

Thanks, I understand how that works and will continue to use it for my maps. So for example for the Scorpion I would have to check vehicle_riders five times, one for each seat right?

E: Another question, I want to know how to make AI enter vehicles that are near them, within a distance. I tried using a command list telling them to enter vehicles with 20 world units, but when I tested it, it didn't work. Is there a way to make AI enter vehicles that are near them?

Edited by deadlyfighter1000 on Aug 9, 2011 at 12:32 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Vehicle & AI don't spawn? Aug 8, 2011 04:01 PM (Total replies: 14)

Ok, thanks for your help so far, now I made this script, and I know its gonna look bad. I also know it doesn't work. But I want to know how to fix it, I have never really done a script like this before. Here it is:

(script continuous Spectre2
(sleep 3500)
(object_create_anew s2)
(ai_place Spectres/s2)
(vehicle_load_magic s2 "" (ai_actors Spectres/S2))
(sleep_until (= (ai_living_count Spectres/S2) 0) 15)
(sleep 1000)
(sleep_until
(= (and (= (and (= (vehicle_test_seat s2 "W-driver" (vehicle_driver s2)) 0) 1)
(= (vehicle_test_seat s2 "W-passenger" (vehicle_riders s2)) 0) 1)
(= (vehicle_test_seat s2 "W-gunner" (vehicle_gunner s2)) 0) 1) true))

(object_destroy s2)
(sleep 2000)
)
The part that is bolded is the part that doesn't work. I'm not really sure how to do this..

E: It was originally all one line, but halomaps doesn't allow that long of one line to post.
Edited by deadlyfighter1000 on Aug 8, 2011 at 04:02 PM
Edited by deadlyfighter1000 on Aug 8, 2011 at 04:05 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Vehicle & AI don't spawn? Aug 8, 2011 02:52 PM (Total replies: 14)

Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
Quote: --- Original message by: deadlyfighter1000
I have another question though, is it possible to test a vehicle to see if it has any units (ai or player) in the seat?

(vehicle_test_seat <vehicle> <string> (vehicle_driver <vehicle>))
Checks if a vehicle is being driven by its driver. (the string is the seat label, so like g-driver, w-driver, etc)

But that would only test for the specific unit wouldn't it? I want to be able to check if anyone is in the vehicle, and if not, destroy it.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Vehicle & AI don't spawn? Aug 8, 2011 02:32 PM (Total replies: 14)

Ok, I fixed the problem by making the settings in guerilla identical to the wraith's settings (which worked) and now it works with ai can side-step. So they now effectively drive the ghost and use firing positions.

I have another question though, is it possible to test a vehicle to see if it has any units (ai or player) in the seat?

I am wondering because I want to make it so that all AI will enter & use vehicles on the go, even enemies vehicles. But when they die in the vehicle I want it to be destroyed so that the original AI can respawn with the vehicle.

Halo CE General Discussion » Quick poll.. Aug 7, 2011 06:03 PM (Total replies: 12)

All of the above..

actually stealth

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Vehicle & AI don't spawn? Aug 6, 2011 03:31 PM (Total replies: 14)

E: Got it all working, but I want to know how I can make my AI use ghosts effectively without spinning around when I set it to AI Flying. They just stand still with AI can side-step so please help.
Edited by deadlyfighter1000 on Aug 6, 2011 at 07:31 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Vehicle & AI don't spawn? Aug 5, 2011 10:26 PM (Total replies: 14)

Here is the part of my script that doesn't work, I have other vehicles + ai that spawn correctly but for some reason these ai don't.
Script:

(script continuous Scorpion1
(sleep 10000)
(object_create sc1)
(ai_place Scorpions/sc1)
(vehicle_load_magic sc1 "" (ai_actors Scorpions/sc1))
(sleep_until (= (ai_living_count Scorpions/sc1) 0) 15)
(object_destroy sc1)
(sleep 5000)
)
(script continuous Scorpion2
(sleep 10000)
(object_create sc2)
(ai_place Scorpions/sc2)
(vehicle_load_magic sc2 "" (ai_actors Scorpions/sc2))
(sleep_until (= (ai_living_count Scorpions/sc2) 0) 15)
(object_destroy sc2)
(sleep 5000)
)
(script continuous Scorpion3
(sleep 10000)
(object_create sc3)
(sleep_until (= (unit_get_health sc3) 0) 15)
(object_destroy sc3)
)

I have vehicles named sc1,2, and 3 and encounters named Scorpions/sc1,2, and 3.
Please help. Thanks.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Error with textures!! Dec 16, 2010 05:44 PM (Total replies: 4)

I have no shaders for my snow bitmap.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Error with textures!! Dec 16, 2010 05:12 PM (Total replies: 4)

http://img196.imageshack.us/i/newbitmapimagetqk.png/
^AbovePicture^
So when I load up my map in sapien after adding sky and lightmapping it. It shows up with a pure white texture instead of my snow texture. But the other textures work normally.

How can I fix this?
Edited by deadlyfighter1000 on Dec 16, 2010 at 05:12 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo:Reach - Forge Fun - Join Dec 13, 2010 08:06 PM (Total replies: 5)

I'll try to be on in a bit. (No promises though)

Halo CE General Discussion » Old Stuff Dec 13, 2010 08:05 PM (Total replies: 18)

^^ Sure to both. If its no trouble. :)

Time: Thu November 21, 2019 10:44 PM 141 ms.
A Halo Maps Website