A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Mythie
About Contact
Last Post: Feb 7, 2010 03:47 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Mule for Mythril
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Mythie has contributed to 92 posts out of 469521 total posts (.02%) in 3,987 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 7, 2010 03:47 AM (Total replies: 11482)

Quote: --- Original message by: Lateksi
WOW I'm seeing this first time. I love how polished it is and the Guardian look and how it's not just a copy of the H3 map. Really nice!

Thanks!

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Looks cool, however the architecture could be alot better as well as your unwraps. You can add alot more polys to it and make it better. Take a look at some of the b30 interior bsps. However, the design is nice, and I'm liking it so far.

Thanks for the crit, I'll do that. It's quite low in polys iirc.

Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
Remove the rocket launcher :P

How would you get any kills then :)

Quote: --- Original message by: roosterMAP
im very impressed. This is how H3MT should have treated halo 3 since the begging.

Thanks!

Quote: --- Original message by: Corvette19
Looks GREAT, just dude.. the little walkways look like roads..

It's not as noticeable when you're running around, but I'll see what I can do, maybe brightening stuff up will make it better.

Quote: --- Original message by: Dwood

Add some render only planes outside of the regular map that makes it look like it has fog.

Edit to clarify: perhaps multiple cylinders that are flipped inside out with the texture on it, each with varying opacity to reflect the distance.
Edited by Dwood on Feb 6, 2010 at 04:07 PM

Still not quite sure what you're saying, but I have a feeling it'll be valuable - what texture are you referring to?

Quote: --- Original message by: DarkHalo003
I would recommend making the map have a bit more lighting on the walks. More lighting would make it much better in terms of relativity to a location. I got lost easily on that map. :(

More lighting, got it. Oh and, just out of curiosity, how'd you get it? Not that I really care, just thinking it could be another thing to pester Elefant about :)

Quote: --- Original message by: Newbkilla
Any possibility if I could help you out? I haven't touched forerunner in a while, and I want to start making it again.

Sure, I'll welcome the help cause I'm extremely lazy lulz. msg me on xfire sometime, I'll send you the model.

END OF LONG REPLY

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP][MOD] Flood Campaign Feb 7, 2010 03:38 AM (Total replies: 3202)

Quote: --- Original message by: Lone Warrior
So.......

Yeah. Public alpha time. Since it's just me and Dwood working now, and we're oddly short-handed on testers, I'm releasing a small public alpha which I need feedback on with how the level is progressing, what needs changed e.t.c. It is part of the level StKft, and only goes for about 60% of the map (I'd rather not finish the map and potentially muck it up, so feedback first).

A few things however:

1) We know about the lack of music, I removed the looping music due to a problem where the music continuously loops then exceptions the game.

2) Lack of content. After everyone left, I've been kinda picking up the pieces per se, but still wish to show something to denote that progress is still being made.

3) Don't expect it to be perfect, this is used for Public feedback, it is not in it's completed format.

4) FP arms, yes they're MC's, placeholders.

5) I KNOW IT SUCKS AND IS NOT BP'S PREVIEW VERSION because as I said, picking up pieces.

Without further ado: http://www.filefront.com/15521015/Public%20Alpha%201.zip

Credits in readme.

Now goodnight it's 3 a.m

Hey! Been a quite a while. What happened to everyone? I wasn't aware they left. Great to see it's still going on.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Moar problems... Apr 26, 2009 08:48 PM (Total replies: 3)

Link the weapon model to the frame.

Halo CE General Discussion » Rombies Apr 23, 2009 08:18 PM (Total replies: 6)

It's been 10 months? How time flies :|

Halo CE General Discussion » Beta testers pl0x Apr 23, 2009 01:15 AM (Total replies: 25)

mmk, I'll do it. Change of routine :)

Halo CE General Discussion » Beta testers pl0x Apr 23, 2009 12:56 AM (Total replies: 25)

Sup.

You mean phantom BSP? Or places where projectiles go through?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » transparent models Apr 23, 2009 12:55 AM (Total replies: 3)

Select model, CTRL+X.

Or, apply a material with the Transparency a number beneath 100.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Fatal Error Apr 23, 2009 12:53 AM (Total replies: 6)

There was honestly no need to say that. Judging by his response, it worked.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP]CMT Master Chief Biped Apr 23, 2009 12:44 AM (Total replies: 89)

His legs seem a bit short, or his chest too long.

Personally, I think the time the magazine is out of the screen is a bit long. Otherwise, pretty damn good.

Cya DZ. Good luck for the future.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP][MOD] Flood Campaign Apr 15, 2009 08:01 PM (Total replies: 3202)

Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927

In the case that we do use it, I have written a backstory to explain them.
NON-SQUISHY CREATURES"

Edited by Gamma927 on Apr 15, 2009 at 06:57 PM

I laughed so hard at this. Interesting backstory though.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » I hate scripts :D Apr 15, 2009 02:23 AM (Total replies: 17)

object_destroy_all is the command.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » HUD open source? Apr 15, 2009 12:30 AM (Total replies: 4)

Donut posted one in a thread a long time back. You could ask him.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » how many polygons is too many polygons? Apr 15, 2009 12:29 AM (Total replies: 7)

Not that smart, seeing as if it's SP, you'll have AIs to render as well.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP][MOD] Flood Campaign Apr 14, 2009 08:24 PM (Total replies: 3202)

Lobsters have colourless blood, don't they?

I suppose I could try the voices, but I'll have to fix the problem where it records some white noise in the background as well.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP][MOD] Flood Campaign Apr 14, 2009 12:41 AM (Total replies: 3202)

Quote: --- Original message by: K3V1N23
Quote: --- Original message by: Dr Pepper And 7up Inc
WTF is that, that's ruining Halo!
You fail.

Kindly leave, both of you.

You have around a month and 10 days left to wait.

Quote: --- Original message by: YakZSmelk
Is there fall damage in this version? I don't recall any maps in HCE that don't have fall damage.

Coldsnap, Hugeass, just to name a couple.

Halo CE General Discussion » Overshield Drain Apr 13, 2009 10:05 PM (Total replies: 13)

That works?

Time: Sat December 14, 2019 6:15 AM 141 ms.
A Halo Maps Website