A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: guitarist331
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 27, 2009 10:32 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
"We're Not A Clan We're A Legacy"-Legacy

Post Statistics
guitarist331 has contributed to 65 posts out of 469375 total posts (.01%) in 3,926 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Can't Compile model Aug 27, 2009 10:32 PM (Total replies: 7)

thanks

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Can't Compile model Aug 27, 2009 02:00 PM (Total replies: 7)

I tried that. After it asks me what kind of shaders to use it says failed to import model. Any other suggestions :( Thanks though thats the farthest I've gotten.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Can't Compile model Aug 27, 2009 12:59 AM (Total replies: 7)

I'm try to put the rigged brute on the website ingame. Anyway I compiled all of the bitmaps, but when I tried to compile the jms file I made it just said couldn't read toolbeta.map or whatever it says all the time and then nothing. I'm new to compiling models so tell me if I did anything wrong. The jms file is in data. I typed in tool, tool model brute

Halo CE General Discussion » Ascension Firefight beta feedback topic Aug 25, 2009 01:43 AM (Total replies: 383)

I liked it. I've been playing it alot these past couple of days. I thought it was a little easy though. I'd make the ai smarter. Also try spreading them out because spawn killing was pretty easy. I do agree that the smg didn't have enough ammo and that ammo should respawn for it, but I was actually able to play through without running out so it wasn't a big deal. Death barriers need to be added. At the towers (idk what to call them) I think it'd be a cool idea to put turrets, or maybe cmts old portable chaingun (i think it was released). Also I didn't really like the spawn. I feel that the opposite side of the map feels more like a base. That way you could add danger when running to the banshee. Like make the banshee spawn where you have it spawn now and maybe spawn the wave before you spawn the banshee :) Oh and also if you're going for the odst look this map is unprotected and has a nice hud http://www.halomods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=82510&sid=e39c1cb0a119b0b58d356d8246abf2c4.

Halo CE General Discussion » Custom HUD (W.I.P. or a request) Aug 10, 2009 02:07 AM (Total replies: 11)

Thats actually not a bad idea. I'll think about, but right now I'm new to huds so my friend is actually helping me. Maybe when I'm more experienced I'll remake this hud cause the first version will definately need improvements lol. That was a reply to rougespartan
Edited by guitarist331 on Aug 10, 2009 at 02:16 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Custom HUD (W.I.P. or a request) Aug 9, 2009 11:13 PM (Total replies: 11)

Thanks. Also I was thinking of posting it there, but wasn't sure because I was asking for help.

Halo CE General Discussion » Custom HUD (W.I.P. or a request) Aug 9, 2009 11:07 PM (Total replies: 11)

Today I got the idea to make a custom heads up display. As long as I've been with CE I've never experimented with huds and trust me I experimented a lot. If anyone wouldn't mind either A.Pointing me in the right direction. or B. Helping me actually create the hud. It would be deeply appreciated. Here is my little sloppy copy or rough draft. (and yes I got the grenade indicator idea from Cagerrin)
The one on the left is the shield. The one on the bottom is the health (though I want to get the numbers more accurate and want to put a + symbol next to the bar) I'm trying to make everything the color of the Halo 3 ODST hud, but I couldn't find it in paint so I improvised. Also I think I should lower the grenade indicators so they're under that line.

Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
Sticking it to the wraith would kill the person inside, which would remove the need for another seat. How are you going to perfect the melee idea?
idk I haven't put much thought into that yet because I'm trying to perfect the skin (even though I'm not really going for h3 I still think the skin could be better)

How would you set it so that he would plant a plasma grenade, or melee, when trying to get into an empty seat?
Well my plan is to just give him the freedom to decide for himself. It's basically just a seat then the rest is up to the player. And by planting a nade I meant really just sticking it to the wraith. Cause every other jacking I can think of wouldn't sync online :(

Both have Halo 3 Content. By the way, does the seat jacking thing work?
Haven't tried the seat jacking thing yet. My concept is this add another seat for a player to get onto. That player plants a plasma nade, melees, or just rides (only the last one would be pointless). It's basically just an idea to make a jack that syncs online and it would also give the player alot more freedom on how he wants to jack it.

Quote: --- Original message by: guitarist331

Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo

heres a ref
Thanks. I already knew what they looked like (I have h3), but I couldn't find a pic as good as that. I'm not trying to exactually copy h3 though. What I have to do so far is
1.improve skin and reflections Your wraith looks too red.It's a mixture between cmt spv2's with halo 3's and in the second screenshot it looks browner.
2.Get h3s fire sound (right now I'm using the flak cannons) It looks like the normal Halo 1 Wraith. Get an AA Wraith model.I'm not trying to copy halo 3 exactually as I have already said I'm just using their concept.
3.Fix camera track Maybe Warthog Camera?I've tried that and it doesn't work.
4.Possibly attempt to add guns on top.
5.Possibly add another seat for a jacking type thing. Good luck...Just a concept I want to experiment with.
Edited by guitarist331 on Jan 28, 2009 at 04:53 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo

heres a ref
Thanks. I already knew what they looked like (I have h3), but I couldn't find a pic as good as that. I'm not trying to exactually copy h3 though. What I have to do so far is
1.improve skin and reflections
2.Get h3s fire sound (right now I'm using the flak cannons)
3.Fix camera track
4.Possibly attempt to add guns on top.
5.Possibly add another seat for a jacking type thing.
Edited by guitarist331 on Jan 28, 2009 at 04:53 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jan 28, 2009 04:43 PM (Total replies: 4974)

My anti air wraith is still a wip. http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/3549/aawraith2wz9.png
updated link http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7169/aawraith3nj9.png
I'm not going for an exact h3 look. Please post any ideas you might have to improve it.
PS
Sorry for the h3mt content this map will not be released.
Edited by guitarist331 on Jan 28, 2009 at 04:43 PM
Edited by guitarist331 on Jan 31, 2009 at 09:57 PM

Did you look at the second screenshot? I gave it a bit more brownish look to it, but I agree it needs to be a bit better.

Quote: --- Original message by: Destroyer
its h3mt's fault the map was leaked...

it looks good, but i think it has lost some of its deatails
Yah I think it needs some improvements. I'm not going for an exact halo 3 copy just trying to get it to look good. I've recently made the shine on it a little more brown.
EDIT: Here is the link to the picture with the brownish tint. http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/3549/aawraith2wz9.png
Sorry for the h3mt content again.
Edited by guitarist331 on Jan 28, 2009 at 03:41 PM

I've recently finished my aa wraith, but I think there is room for improvements http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=antiairwraithrv0.png Please give me some suggestions on what I can do to improve the wraith.
EDIT: This is the most recent screenshot http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/3549/aawraith2wz9.png
EDIT:Now this is the most recent http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7169/aawraith3nj9.png
P.S.
Sorry about the hud h3mt this map will not be released.
Edited by guitarist331 on Jan 28, 2009 at 12:50 PM
Edited by guitarist331 on Jan 28, 2009 at 12:51 PM
Edited by guitarist331 on Jan 28, 2009 at 04:31 PM
Edited by guitarist331 on Jan 29, 2009 at 04:19 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sapien Crashes Whenever I Add My AA Wraith Jan 27, 2009 06:55 PM (Total replies: 13)

If it worked, then why do you have a problem?
I don't have a problem anymore I was just saying I've taken care of the problem and I don't need help anymore.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sapien Crashes Whenever I Add My AA Wraith Jan 27, 2009 04:49 PM (Total replies: 13)

I just decided to reskin a different wraith and it worked.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sapien Crashes Whenever I Add My AA Wraith Jan 26, 2009 10:23 PM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: sierra117
re-extract the wraith from its zip file and edit the texture again...dont change the gbx model shader but change the actual shader to the texture.
Thanx but it didn't work. If I send you my reskin bitmaps do you think you could help me apply them?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sapien Crashes Whenever I Add My AA Wraith Jan 26, 2009 09:12 PM (Total replies: 13)

There's your error. I think something is corrupted.
Mind telling me how to fix it.

Time: Tue October 15, 2019 1:20 AM 828 ms.
A Halo Maps Website