A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Jesse
About Contact
Last Post: Today @ 03:50 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo CE

Post Statistics
Jesse has contributed to 5668 posts out of 460848 total posts (1.23%) in 2,960 days (1.91 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Project Armonia Today @ 03:50 AM (Total replies: 9)

That hang em high remake looks really good. Is that a rip or something?

Halo CE General Discussion » been a while Yesterday @ 12:16 PM (Total replies: 23)

Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel
Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Why would you call it a leak if it's released by the developers?

Lol yeah I was wondering that too.

"Official leak" is quite the dichotomy.

jesse the correct word is oxymoron

see me after class

I'll do anything for an A...

🤑

Halo CE General Discussion » been a while Feb 22, 2017 05:15 PM (Total replies: 23)

Why would you call it a leak if it's released by the developers?

Lol yeah I was wondering that too.

"Official leak" is quite the dichotomy.

Halo CE General Discussion » glowing enemies Feb 21, 2017 07:49 PM (Total replies: 18)

Quote: --- Original message by: KasperZERO
You know what, considering that, I'll invest in getting Halo PC if I can find a copy. Just never owned the game for computer tbh. I always loved Xbox.

Still if you happen to know something about this I would appreciate any advice you could offer, even if somebody could just confirm that this is possible to do either on the Xbox or on CE.

I know this may not be the place for help modding Xbox when this is a CE forum, but all the Xbox forums are (to my knowledge at least) all down. You guys have still just helped me out a ton though.

Why the Xbox? Aside from the reason of not owning a PC copy.

Who do you play with? Are you interested in serious gameplay with peeps who play all tactical and stuff?

Halo CE General Discussion » looking for crazy maps Feb 21, 2017 10:02 AM (Total replies: 10)

Does no one remember Chaosgulch?

Halo CE General Discussion » glowing enemies Feb 21, 2017 02:14 AM (Total replies: 18)

Attaching a lens flare might work.

Halo CE General Discussion » (Release) Hazmat Unit Feb 19, 2017 09:27 PM (Total replies: 33)

What about the gas hose like OJ did? Alternatively, you could make the hose part of the chest mesh and it will always conform to the body movements.

Halo CE General Discussion » Post your Top 10 HCE mappers/modders Feb 19, 2017 05:18 PM (Total replies: 58)

He does, at least for his comic strips.

Halo CE General Discussion » Syncing AI components. Feb 18, 2017 12:00 AM (Total replies: 24)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Dennis changed his avatar everyone.

Saw it too, 2001 a space oddysee I think

Oh thought it was Stargate. (I'm a sci-fi pleb leave me alone!)

Someone needs to make a change log thread logging all of Dennis's various activities ranging from avatar changes, funny quotes, bans and the like.

And the websites he visits. We can get to know him quite intimately...

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 17, 2017 11:59 PM (Total replies: 11070)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator

Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Quote: --- Original message by: Halo Minotaur
im porting some h2 bsps, with upgrades.
http://i.imgur.com/9qv9U2P.gif

If you want someone to look at your BSP
You'd wanna do it without covering in darkness half the time.
I really shouldn't have to waste so much time trying to figure out what it is I'm looking at.

He prob thinks he can use OS to do dynamic lightmap switching and doesn't realize it won't work like he want it too.

You tard, here are some pics of the map at 2048x1536 (my pc can suport 4k but it starts to dip to below 75fps).
http://i.imgur.com/jdg94Re.jpg
http://imgur.com/zwxmRwU
http://i.imgur.com/uVPv1I3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/N4Zg7Ed.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/92o2Via.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/eDIQRsq.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HX2Qmk8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/biRRQDC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/U3Tsphd.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/oNQXBxO.jpg

"Upgrades"
That is some disgusting tiling, have you thought about using a bitmap bigger than 256*256?
Edited by SBB_Michelle on Feb 17, 2017 at 04:13 PM

why? its like 5-6 pages of mathematic formulas and my own interpretation of Halo CE + many months of testing. but will give you some basics. Since almost none of the original and tsce variables (damage_values,collisions,materials,projectiles...) are left on my modified tagset... except astethics and some effects. i use many mathematical formulas to calculate the ttk, range, bullet damage, vitality... then i test it, then i tweak the variables............ I will not explain it because is hard. Plasma weapons are good against shields and human weapons against flesh. the point is that this mod isnt just a normal noobified tagset came from a tard like masterz1337.

You act like if the people making the assets at 343 are the ones in charge of the designs lol

Every single Campaign map of any 343i game is #hit, specially the third act. midnight from halo 4 is the worst.
Edited by Halonimator on Feb 17, 2017 at 09:11 PM
Edited by Halonimator on Feb 17, 2017 at 09:15 PM

Bro. A lot of what you said *sounds* intelligent, but what the actual $&@% are you talking about?

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Warhawk Announcement! Feb 15, 2017 03:02 PM (Total replies: 40)

Supposed.

What are you implying?

*whistles awkwardly*
no but srs i kno nothing

If we had a CE3 2017, I'd totally be able to show off my urban map, which is just about at a playable state.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 13, 2017 12:19 AM (Total replies: 11070)

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Moving a spotlight around doesn't mean time of day, nor does it mean that you've made that work ingame

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well.

Halo CE General Discussion » Jesse's Thread of Unamazing Things. Feb 12, 2017 03:33 PM (Total replies: 400)

Much progress has been made since the last images, I just haven't posted them lately. At this point I've got the map sealed off with player clip, and I'd almost dare say the map would be in near-alpha stage if it were strictly regular MP gameplay.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Halo TeXource: Source bitmap ripper Feb 11, 2017 02:45 PM (Total replies: 21)

this tool is awesome, great work as always. It has allowed me to further improve my skills :o

Girls used to laugh at my small OBJs, just don't worry about it. All guys suffer from small OBJs eventually.

Halo CE General Discussion » Jesse's Thread of Unamazing Things. Feb 1, 2017 10:07 PM (Total replies: 400)

Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
*image*
This place seems like it would be hard to get out of, could you maybe stack up some crates or make an opening in between some containers to help people get back from there?

You should totally have sbb test this map ;)

That's about where the map boundary will be. I blocked it off with some containers for a bit for visual representation. I'll probably end up blocking it with random junk.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote: --- Original message by: CHRISPOCALYP5E
Sorry I missed a few pages of this one, but, does this map have something to do with Modern Warfare's Shipment and or GTA?

I see some... Inspirations that tickle my special parts (Richtofen quote) Don't get any funny ideas (totally am not ripping off fictional characters here).

The textures are (mostly) ripped from GTA V, but I create or modify as needed. I definitely use GTA V as a guide on how to make buildings, what parts they have, etc. I also look at buildings IRL and break em down mentally as to their purpose, how they function, how they're connected, etc.

Also, Shipment was a direct inspiration for the container yard shown off in the previous page. same layout.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote: --- Original message by: il Duce Primo
That pink concrete looks so realistic how did you make that shader

I used good textures, bumps, and detail maps. I created the shaders of course.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I created a map of the... map. I'll create icons and necessary items as I go along.

Edited by Jesse on Feb 1, 2017 at 10:08 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » (Release) Hazmat Unit Feb 1, 2017 10:00 PM (Total replies: 33)

I'd really like to use this, but is there any way you could fix the shoulder rigging?

Halo CE General Discussion » Sentinel Beam Issue Solved! (BAD NEWS) Jan 25, 2017 01:29 AM (Total replies: 16)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halo Noob Modder117

Example: 3ds. Regardless of linking my model to the 'frame' thing, 3ds complains saying there are too many actors or there is nothing to export.

My icon bitmaps don't show up regardless of following all the tutorials. When I edit pelican decals and 'TOOL' them back over the decals have black squares beneath them.

(1) Make sure there isn't more than one root frame. Basically, you can only have ONE object titled as 'frame' that everything is ultimately connected to.

(1.5) make sure that everything you're trying to export IS either directly or indirectly linked to the root 'frame'. One way to test this is to click on the 'frame' and move it around, if everything is set up, the objects in question will move along with the 'frame'.

(2) compile the bitmaps in question, open them in guerilla, go to the compression settings (pull down bar) and select 'compressed with explicit alpha'. Recompile your bitmap and the settings should take place.

If course, make sure you have a proper alpha channel to dictate transparency. (And use "shader_transparent_glass" as the shader type.

Halo CE General Discussion » Jesse's Thread of Unamazing Things. Jan 24, 2017 05:01 AM (Total replies: 400)

I'm not familiar with that project, but it does look similarly themed.

More pics of western progress.

Halo CE General Discussion » Jesse's Thread of Unamazing Things. Jan 23, 2017 04:54 AM (Total replies: 400)

I'm close to finishing the final layout of the map. I also worked on the truck yard area.

Time: Fri February 24, 2017 6:56 PM 297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website