A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: THEFEAR
About Contact
Last Post: May 27, 2013 03:32 AM
Interests:
Your Age: old
What Games do you play: Alot but mostly Halo CE and 2
I can make this pencil dissapear...
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
THEFEAR has contributed to 144 posts out of 469450 total posts (.03%) in 3,950 days (.04 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! May 27, 2013 03:32 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Time for my annual check in.

Just wanna say keep up the great work, I'm as excited to play the full mod as I was when I first heard about spv2. Just take your time and everything should pan out just fine.

On a side note, I've realized I've literally grown a beard since I started waiting for this mod. Had about 5 jobs, graduated from school, read the whole a song of ice and fire series, read all major religious texts (Koran, Bible, Torah, etc.),gotten in great shape, literally seen administrations rise and fall, gone through about 6 long term relationships, seen Duke Nukem and Black Mesa come out, survived the apocalypse, and learned a new language.

Mind you I'm including the time I've lurked here as well but Jesus. Seriously though, take your time, even if it takes 50 more years I'll still be waiting.

Sincerely,
Your creepy stalker fan

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Dec 3, 2012 05:07 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Dang, been lurking on these forums for so long I feel like I just might be a bit of an obsessive stalker/creeper. Just wanted to let you guys know that it's been 5 years (Yeah I was around for SPv1) I've followed you guys' awesome work and I'm still waiting no problems. No matter how long it takes, just take your time, make something we can all be proud ten years from now, and please do keep up the good work.

Your obsessed fan boy,
THEFEAR

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 27, 2012 11:59 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Soooo.. No new updates?

Halo CE General Discussion » Hope this is true May 27, 2012 03:35 AM (Total replies: 69)

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/gadgets/video-games/windows-8-the-dawn-of-xbox-everywhere-7038023

Maybe not the way we all wanted it, but still...
Edited by THEFEAR on May 27, 2012 at 03:38 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Hope this is true May 26, 2012 08:49 PM (Total replies: 69)

Quote: --- Original message by: rerout343

Another Halo, another unconfirmed PC port rumor. Do we really have to go through this discussion every time a new Halo game comes out? Don't get me wrong I would like to see a PC port, but the simple fact is that it's most likely not going to happen. If it turns out to be true that would be great, but unless there's on official word from Microsoft or 343, I wouldn't count on it.
Edited by rerout343 on May 26, 2012 at 07:07 PM

I think the main difference between the last 3 Halo games, and Halo 4 is that; 4 is the start of a new trilogy. So its quite plausible in my opinion that Microsoft would try to expand into the PC gaming market. My theory is that Microsoft will try to make the Live market place more relevant to PC gamers by making it a larger component in Windows 8. But in order to do this I think an appropriate "launch title" for this new Live market place would be Halo 4. Just a theory but meh, maybe they're trying to compete with Steam?

Halo CE General Discussion » Hope this is true May 26, 2012 11:56 AM (Total replies: 69)

Although its a big MIGHT, I really hope Halo 4 is coming to PC.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVnrJcedYkY&feature=g-all-u

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Novel Discussion Thread May 24, 2012 03:53 PM (Total replies: 41)

^^ In Karen's defense, it could be assumed from Halsey's intellectual superiority to those around her she might be a little arrogant, and coupled with her obvious disregard for the rules...

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Novel Discussion Thread May 23, 2012 02:12 PM (Total replies: 41)

Hate to turn this into an agreement fest, but yeah Linda was by far the coolest Spartan next to 117, as I think she was for a lot of people. So when she died it really meant something to the people who were reading the books as Linda died in such a way that the Chief let a little emotion shine through when she died- it actually made me sad. Her revival was bitter sweet, as although she wasn't technically dead it made her "death" a little bit cheap and meaningless. The same goes for pretty much every other Spartan and character from The Fall of Reach- they were all well developed characters that you hated to see go, even when James got his arm burned off by a fuel rod gun on Sigma Octanus IV that really meant something. Today all the characters are really forgettable and bland, with the exception of Chief Mendez because; yeah hes pretty awesome. Its kind of sad that the most intense moment in a Karen Traviss book was when an SP-III punched Halsey in the face over a dispute with an engineer -_-

Although the Thursday war will also be written by Karen, I have confidence that this one will be full of the action we have all been waiting for as a Thursday war (from what I can gather) is some kind of naval exercise in which a ships combat readiness is tested. The ship that is being combat tested could be either the infinity or the forerunner tech ship that the humans have acquired, either way it goes there's almost no way Karen can mess this up as the ODSTs along with the Spartan on board have to engage the enemy now. (Knocks on Wood)
Edited by THEFEAR on May 23, 2012 at 02:14 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Novel Discussion Thread May 22, 2012 11:47 PM (Total replies: 41)

Like most of you on here, I own all of the books, and to be quite honest; I thought the inclusion of the forerunner saga into Halo was interesting, but could've been covered in a terminal- not a whole book. Especially Halo Cryptum. Although the end of this book was a bit shocking I do think that it was a bit drawn out to the point it was almost bad... I mean is it just me or have the Halo books gotten worse as time has gone on? Because without a doubt, Fall of Reach was the best, and none of the novels so far have come close to it IMO. Having Karen Traviss write the Thursday war doesn't give me a positive outlook on the future of the Halo novel series even if others are speculating that their will be a lot more action that Glassleands.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! May 21, 2012 07:57 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Thanks, I thought I panicked because I thought it blocked me from play MP because of using my old cd key lol. And thanks for the graphics advice, I was a bit confused because I can play dead space 2 just fine, I thought Halo being as old as it is would not be a problem, even with the older graphics card.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! May 21, 2012 06:38 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Hey I know this is a bit late, but I finally got around to installing Halo again, as my old computer crashed about a year ago (Had Halo installed) and finally got to play the mod. Overall a50 was amazing and I can't wait to play the other maps, my only problem is; is that I should be able to play Halo on the highest settings even with open sauce but yet it lags

Specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120330-1504)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
System Model: Satellite L675D
BIOS: BIOS Date: 02/05/10 19:13:52 Ver: 08.00.10
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II N640 Dual-Core Processor (2 CPUs), ~2.9GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3836MB RAM

Display Devices
---------------
Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9712)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9712&SUBSYS_FD001179&REV_00
Display Memory: 1914 MB
Dedicated Memory: 252 MB
Shared Memory: 1661 MB
Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Have no idea why its lagging so much, any ideas for optimization are more than welcome. And the last thing in this ridiculously long post; I can't play multiplayer online for some reason, when I go to the multiplayer screen the only option I can choose is to play on the LAN.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! May 18, 2012 12:00 PM (Total replies: 12123)

The mod has come a long way, really a good job. And to have done that while finishing up finals, or any other non-Halo related life stuff, is really something to be proud of. I look forward to your next release.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Feb 5, 2012 02:28 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that its the flood juggernaut. Was supposed to be implemented in Halo 2, but wasn't for some reason- CMT thought it might make the campaign a little bit more lively, but it was scrapped because of the difficulty of implementation.

Here's a video of some guy fighting one in H2V:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76QTdEhLaBk

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jan 19, 2012 04:01 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Splooge. Nice job guys.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jan 10, 2012 06:14 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jaz
Quote: --- Original message by: THEFEAR
Don't know if anyone cares but, I've been waiting for the mod by watching the old broadcasts of spv2. I know most of the weapons have been overhauled, but I think in terms of level design some similarities may still exist. Mostly just for nostalgia purposes.

Link to the channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/spv2fan

A word of warning in advance: I mixed music into most of the videos because that's what I liked at the time. Sorry.

Did you watch actual announcements of SPV3 as well or are you only watching spv2 broadcasts?

Also, @CMT

It's January. ;)

A little bit of both, like I said- mostly for nostalgia purposes, and getting a better idea of what the level design MAY still look like. Plus I just get really bored :/
Edited by THEFEAR on Jan 10, 2012 at 06:15 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jan 10, 2012 07:34 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Don't know if anyone cares but, I've been waiting for the mod by watching the old broadcasts of spv2. I know most of the weapons have been overhauled, but I think in terms of level design some similarities may still exist. Mostly just for nostalgia purposes.

Link to the channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/spv2fan

A word of warning in advance: I mixed music into most of the videos because that's what I liked at the time. Sorry.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Dec 28, 2011 03:26 AM (Total replies: 12123)

... Clever, never noticed this until now, but there is a fainter and somewhat smaller reticule inside of the larger reticule. So I'm guessing the reticule on the inside would be to help you deal with enemies at somewhat longer ranges for more accurate shots, and the larger for aiming at close range and dispatching multiple enemies at once? A reticule within a reticule- didn't think RETICULE-ception was possible :D (OK not funny). But on a more serious note great job, look forward to seeing what you guys will think of next.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Dec 27, 2011 08:51 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Always meant to ask; why is the shotgun reticule larger than the original? Don't want to see it changed or anything, but just curious. Happy holidays.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Dec 2, 2011 11:53 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Can't say I was too pleased when spv2 was cancelled, but now with all this hard work that's been put into spv3 and how beautiful the mod looks overall, I have to say I'm grateful that spv3 will be what CMT will most be remembered by. This mod looks great, it will truly be the jewel of the Halo CE modding community- so please, take your time as I know that this mod is destined for greatness.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Nov 11, 2011 12:00 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Don't know if these have been answered but I'll ask anyway:

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2inQJ4gEHjU
Will the homing feature seen in this video be used?

2. If my memory serves me correctly, at one point ODSTs were going to be in SPv2, will they still make an appearance?

3. Will the spartan laser still be a usable weapon?

Thanks

Time: Wed November 13, 2019 6:57 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website