A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: bigfoot343
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 26, 2012 05:51 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Madness? THIS IS HALO!!!!
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
bigfoot343 has contributed to 131 posts out of 469660 total posts (.03%) in 4,011 days (.03 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

http://www.halopedia.org/images/9/91/Boot_Camp_MA2B.jpg It'd be nice for it to be canon friendly.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Apr 24, 2012 01:24 PM (Total replies: 12123)

I like the curved hud. t's very similar to Reach's Hud and is lore-friendly seeing how the reach hud is supposed to be the canon HUD for MJOLNIR mk 5.

Halo CE General Discussion » Opinions on Halo 4? Apr 18, 2012 11:34 PM (Total replies: 150)

Quote: --- Original message by: JimDaRulah

Quote: --- Original message by: Karrde
They have destroyed everything Halo's multiplayer stood for, and pulled more random Covenant out of their ass for the story. My expectations are rather low.

Yeah, I was kind of pissed that:

1. I'm going to be fighting Elites again, they made badass allies in Halo 3

2. That SOMEHOW the covenant managed to gather back together and make a whole new freaking fleet of ships. There is no way that could happen in the five year time-frame between Halo 3 and Halo 4.

And, partially going back to my point in #1, why exactly are the Elites back in the covenant? The prophets tried to exterminate their race, I doubt they would rejoin under any circumstances.

Either way, Microsoft already knows I'm buying it, so I guess they know they can just pull plot elements out of their ass now. The "New Enemy" they keep talking about is equally infuriating, that basically means that the entire story of Halo 4-6 is going to have nothing to do with the story of 1-3.

To sum it all up, Microsoft wants us to buy more of their games and instead of creating a new IP (Which people might be hesitant to buy) they brand it as Halo because they know we'll buy it then.

Don't get me wrong though, if you think I'm just being cynical, I'm not. I sincerely hope I'm wrong. I hope Halo 4 is the best game I ever play. I hope it's so amazing I'll be playing it years after release, but there's mounting evidence that Microsoft is trying to package ideas that were probably meant for a new IP under a more "Household name" so gamers like me will buy it on impulse before any extensive reviews are out.

Edited by JimDaRulah on Apr 18, 2012 at 09:28 PM

They're not necessarily covenant.. They're most likely Servants of Abiding Truth http://www.halopedian.com/Servants_of_Abiding_Truth No one said anything about prophets being a part of their "group". They probably have some Covenant races under their control (grunts,jackals possibly through hiring jackal pirates, hunters, and maybe even some brutes. In the Gameinformer Master Chief said that this group of Covenant were not as well equipped as usual. So.. not covenant just a fanatical group of sangheili.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 4 Main Discussion Thread Apr 16, 2012 07:49 PM (Total replies: 264)

Jen Taylor is voicing Cortana in Halo 4.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--C8IbIkmd8E/T4yUQXemPII/AAAAAAAAAxE/_AKcmaMgKR8/s400/Steitzer.png

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 4 new trailer Mar 5, 2012 01:51 PM (Total replies: 46)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6UL63Zo-uo

Shows ingame footage and new info!

Halo CE General Discussion » What do you think will happen in Halo 4??? Feb 21, 2012 02:23 AM (Total replies: 72)

Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel
Cryptum
Primordium
-
Fall of Reach
The Flood
First Strike
Ghosts of Onyx
Contact Harvest
The Cole Protocol
Glasslands

There aren't any after Halo 3 Except for Halo Glasslands. A new series by Greg Bear is in the works, but that's just setting the stage for the Forerunner trilogy storyline. And it's set thousands of millenia before Humans even dreamed of going to space.

The whole rampancy thing is derived from the Halo Encyclopedia, iirc.
FTFY
Edited by bigfoot343 on Feb 21, 2012 at 02:24 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Leaked h4 screenshot? Jan 8, 2012 02:02 AM (Total replies: 76)

Quote: --- Original message by: Cheddars
Quote: --- Original message by: bigfoot343
Quote: --- Original message by: olly12345
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/8538/tomtc.jpg
It r real, see?

i actually laughed at this.
Although Tom morello's were real.

I couldn't pass up the oppurtunity.

hai bigfoot

Ohai

and nice avatar quote, I totally do exist.
Edited by bigfoot343 on Jan 8, 2012 at 02:05 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Leaked h4 screenshot? Jan 7, 2012 01:38 AM (Total replies: 76)

Quote: --- Original message by: olly12345
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/8538/tomtc.jpg
It r real, see?

i actually laughed at this.
Although Tom morello's were real.

I couldn't pass up the oppurtunity.

Halo CE General Discussion » Leaked h4 screenshot? Jan 7, 2012 12:43 AM (Total replies: 76)

It r real, see?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo:CEA some changes. Oct 18, 2011 02:58 AM (Total replies: 338)

Wow! I'm honestly surprised at how successful this thread has been, anyways I like the design for the flood carriers and I haven't gotten a good enough look at Sgt. Johnson to make a decision if I like him or not, I've heard a lot of people say he looks a little.. well fat, but I don't see it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Sep 26, 2011 07:07 PM (Total replies: 8490)

Quote: --- Original message by: HaloIsAHorribleGane
Youre wrong because God made all the aminals
I don't think that Halo forums are the place to start talking about these things. Me and probably everybody else on these forums don't care about your beliefs. Don't start a war.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo:CEA some changes. Jul 26, 2011 04:25 PM (Total replies: 338)

Quote: --- Original message by: Etrusion

The models look a tab bit alike. Halo:CEA will be a fun experience to those who love Halo 1 on the console. No reason this should even be on a Halo 1 PC/CE forum. Has nothing to do with it, this is CE discussion. Why discuss Xbox on a PC forum? And to those 'haters' of the models and animations, if you listen to the commentary videos or those from SDCC, they always tell you this is alpha/beta stages. Everything changes, and more than likely it will change again, to what the community likes. It's also the same reason on why they replaced the pistol and AR model, the COMMUNITY, asked them to. They were in for testing and will be tweaked or fully replaced to fit what the community wants, and what best goes with the original game.

And for multiplayer, you do not need to own Reach for it. It comes with the multiplayer built in. Yes it uses Reach's engine, but that's because they didn't want to separate the two games and communities away from one another. Even if you do not buy Halo:CEA, you can later download the maps in a map pack just for Reach. They are also creating a playlist specifically for the maps, it will be pure classic mode and change up the game play, as if it wasn't even like you were playing Reach. It's going to be a big title update, they will also be adding something else too, but I'm unsure of what it might be.

The End of this post.
Edited by Etrusion on Jul 26, 2011 at 04:10 PM

lolbump?
Edited by bigfoot343 on Jul 26, 2011 at 04:25 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo:CEA some changes. Jul 18, 2011 04:27 PM (Total replies: 338)

Geez everyone argues about stupid things. The average gamer is not going to care about the animations. I think they did right by changing from the Reach models to others that are more Halo 1-esque from looking at the new mk V avatar outfit it appears that they changed the Mc's model too. Looks good to me.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo:CEA some changes. Jul 18, 2011 12:37 PM (Total replies: 338)

Praise the lord they changed the pistol and AR models.
Oh and there are some preorder bonuses.

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/news/headline/special-halo-combat-evolved-anniversary-pre-order-bonuses/111729

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE Remake! Jun 20, 2011 03:47 PM (Total replies: 423)

CoD is just overrated to the MAX!

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE Remake! Jun 20, 2011 12:11 PM (Total replies: 423)

Quote: --- Original message by: anonymous_2009
"Hao is the only game out of the three that is slow-paced enough to allow aiming, Battlefield is faster but still decent, and COD is a bit ridiculous"

CoD gives you the skill of aiming VERY quickly, and to know how much you need to move the RS in order to be aiming at someone in an instant. Which I think is a good skill.

Seems like i'm just baking up CoD atm, but I feel like people play it wrong and just spray and pray half the time. I personally hate the latest two games. Mw1 and 2 are best so far, Mw3 looks amazing.
MW2 sucked the last good CoD game was prob CoD4...

Halo CE General Discussion » HALO 4 Jun 19, 2011 02:53 AM (Total replies: 224)

Quote: --- Original message by: bobz7
Quote: --- Original message by: UBE Chief
Yes, but the vast majority of the novels came before Reach, and Reach was the one that eff'd up the storyline...I guess I should've made that clearer >.<

Maybe the guys at Bungie thought "hey, we make the games, they write novels on OUR games! Not the other way round! We make the rules! (in this case story)" and they changed the Reach story just to prove that point.
lol or.. the canon issues are explained in Halsey's journal.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE Remake! Jun 19, 2011 02:48 AM (Total replies: 423)

Everyone complaining about the MC model, it's a placeholder and 343 said they were going to change it. However there will always be those who totally ignore this post and will continue complaining about the model. Also, those who continually bash Reach opinions are opinions I personally enjoy Reach's multiplayer more than any other Halo game and think that the campaign was awesome, however it couldn't compete with the trilogy's campaigns. Reach does beat most other shooters out now. I'd prefer Reach to CoD, Battlefield, and any other shooter out there. I think 343 will do fine with Halo and won't mess too much up the only thing I've seen them do that has really bothered me has been MC's armor in Halo 4. Rage post done.

Halo CE General Discussion » Chronopolis in Reach Jun 19, 2011 02:36 AM (Total replies: 4)

Awesome I keep saying people need to remake more ce maps in Reach. I mean Tensity and Delta Ruined are great, but it would be awesome to have a load of Halo CE maps in Reach, I actually prefer it's multiplayer (I don't suck at it like I do on CE).

Halo CE General Discussion » Chronopolis in Reach Jun 18, 2011 01:59 PM (Total replies: 4)

Someone remade it, not me if you have Reach play the map and possibly tell me how it is in comparison to the original. I haven't had Halo Custom Edition installed on my computer in a very long time and I wanted to know how good the remake is.

Edit: found the link: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=19038046
Edited by bigfoot343 on Jun 18, 2011 at 02:16 PM

Time: Mon January 20, 2020 3:37 PM 125 ms.
A Halo Maps Website