A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: ihatetn931
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 23, 2009 05:29 AM
Interests:
Your Age: My age, Well to old (26)
What Games do you play: Halo, Sa-mp, GTA IV
I love Halo Pistol. I pwn with it
AIM:
MSN IM:
Yahoo IM:

Post Statistics
ihatetn931 has contributed to 18 posts out of 421884 total posts (0.00%) in 2,135 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Plane Modeling Aug 23, 2009 05:29 AM (Total replies: 35)

Quote: --- Original message by: ChocolateNugget
You plane model a map the same way you plane model a gun.

I only know how to create halo maps so far, I do wanna get further in to modling but i need to learn a lot more. I wanna learn how to model cars next.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Plane Modeling Aug 23, 2009 01:36 AM (Total replies: 35)

I'm in the process of still learning everything. This is all i know about plane modeling so far. If i knew any of the stuff you have mention, I knew about the old shift and move it. I just did that for my walls tho.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Plane Modeling Aug 22, 2009 10:50 PM (Total replies: 35)

Quote: --- Original message by: yukonmuffin

"The point of plane modeling is so your map isn't square"
I start each new room and hallway in my map with a box, and the result is far from a square.

"Instead of using editable mesh you use editable poloy(poly?)"
It doesn't matter, whatever you are most comfortable with.

"Then you delte (delete?) the plane and make vertexs for that outside of your map you make each face by yourself"
You mean like what a rectangle will do?

"You hand create your map"
It is impractical to create each individual vert and face (unless you are using a reference picture with a character), I don't know of any good maps that have ever been created this way.

EDIT:
I didn't realize you started this thread when I wrote that, so I changed it to be less insulting.
Edited by yukonmuffin on Aug 21, 2009 at 07:35 PM

This is how i was taught. You Create a plane, Convert the plane to editable poly (delte the plane) Then you go to vertex mode and make your vertex to the outline of the map, Then you creat a vertex beside those ones to make your outer faces, Then you create one single poly for the inside of the map, After you get that done, You select vertex mode and cut the face to get your faces/poly, Once that's done, You select the boarde and move it up to create your walls press shift while doing so, so it makes faces on your walls, I'm using 3ds max 2010. I've only been modeling for 2 months so i'm still a noob . All i'm saying is what i was taught, For your sky. You create faces on the top of the wall and set it as +sky

You would start with this, This is the outer vertxs you create along with making faces outta them

This is a map i'm currently working on, Note. I am still learning modeling so my work isn't that good. This map was all done with editable poly. I started like i did in the prvious pic

Edited by ihatetn931 on Aug 22, 2009 at 10:51 PM
Edited by ihatetn931 on Aug 22, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Plane Modeling Aug 21, 2009 03:40 PM (Total replies: 35)

Are you on crack?

No

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Plane Modeling Aug 19, 2009 11:26 AM (Total replies: 35)

I've figured out how to do it, The point of plane modeling is so your map isn't square, Instead of using editable mesh you use editable poloy, You creat a plane, Convert it to editable poloy, Then you delte the plane and make vertexs for that outside of your map you make each face by yourself, You hand create your map, So if can a mod lock this topic please. I kinda have a tut but it's in .tvs so you can only play it in Teamviewer since i recorded it on team viewer

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Plane Modeling Aug 7, 2009 08:19 PM (Total replies: 35)

I think your looking for a method that doesn't exist.
sorry for the bump, I've been off line a while.

It does exist, I know many people that plane model that dosen't box model. They just don't wanna take the time to make a tutorial, They use poloy instead of mesh. I heard you can get more detail outta plane models then you can box models, with less face count.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Plane Modeling Aug 1, 2009 06:08 PM (Total replies: 35)

No one has any links for tuts on how to plane model? :-(

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Plane Modeling Jul 29, 2009 12:28 AM (Total replies: 35)

just google 3ds max modelling tutorials. Learn how to use the displacement modification, it's not that difficult.

I know how to use displacement. But i don't wanna use displacement. I wanna free hand plane models. I hear you can use less poloy plane modeling and get mord detail so i wanna know how to do it instead of box modeling

Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5
WWW.FPSBANANA.COM/TUTS/332

GO DAR NAO
]

I went there. It didn't work

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Plane Modeling Jul 27, 2009 12:00 PM (Total replies: 35)

Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
Quote: --- Original message by: L0d3x
Quote: --- Original message by: DDT_Ghost
add me on xfire i can send u tutorials, pm if interested

Oooooor, you could post a link to wherever you got your tutorials.
Yes, I am a genius for coming up with such insane ideas.

New ways of radical thinking, eh?

Could be. I guess having them post them on the forum is "radical thinking"

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Plane Modeling Jul 27, 2009 11:45 AM (Total replies: 35)

Quote: --- Original message by: L0d3x
What I am trying to get across his simple mind, is that if he posts the links here, more people could profit from them. Durr.

I wish he would post them here.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Plane Modeling Jul 26, 2009 05:05 PM (Total replies: 35)

I got his xfire shiznit. started downloading. Then he went offline not even half way through.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Plane Modeling Jul 26, 2009 11:43 AM (Total replies: 35)

Anyone know where some links are? to download some.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Plane Modeling Jul 26, 2009 10:41 AM (Total replies: 35)

Does anyone happen to know where i can find some tutorials on how to plane model halo ce maps instead of Box modeling. I've been box modeling, I've got it down but i heard you can do plane modeling and get more detail with less poloy.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » fog planes May 17, 2009 07:20 PM (Total replies: 7)

Ok, I'm all up for it..Having 1 fog plane and the upper water blookin diffrent don't look right

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » fog planes May 17, 2009 07:14 PM (Total replies: 7)

I would give it a try...BUt since you don't want to. Then it's all good..Matter of fact i've been spending all my free hours while not working..Making Halo maps..I hope to relase one soon

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » fog planes May 17, 2009 04:00 PM (Total replies: 7)

ahh well that sucks. I was hoping it was possible i guess i'll stick to the bottom one having just fog even tho it would be kinda nice to have them 2 fog planes...Ya, i'm a modeling noob. But it was worth an ask. Thank you for replying.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » fog planes May 17, 2009 05:12 AM (Total replies: 7)

Ok, I'm making a map with 2 fog planes for water one in which is higher then the other so i have to set 2 diffrent mat ids and names, I've tried to set them as same mat id and name..But what my question is..Is it possible to have 2 fog planes close to each other?..Like I made a waterfall and the other fog plane i want is on top of the water fall..If you need anymore info i will be more in happy to post it..I'm using 3ds max 8. Right now i'm a lil tired so i can't think of everything off the top of my head..

Yes, I'm trying to get this web server running so other people can control it while they're not in halo, I have everything set right i can access it from another computer but when i type a command and click send i get this error message, I'm running windows xp Service pack 3 if any one can help me it will be apperciated, Thanks in advance. Yes i have a rcon pass, but i wasn't gonna leave my rcon pass in the pic for security reasons

Here is a screenie of the error.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l130/ihatetn931/screen.jpg

[Edit]
Nothing Yet? :-(

I'm sure someone has got this working before, It's been on the site for awhile, The links in the software readme don't work and i can't find any sites that contain anything about this software. I'd rather use this then teamviewer, Cause Teamviewer causes lagg on the server. If not this program does anyone have anyother way to access Halo ce Dedicated server over a web browser remotely?..
Edited by ihatetn931 on Feb 17, 2009 at 02:29 PM

[Edit 2]
Well i Guess I won't be using this software, I haven't got any responses :-(
Edited by ihatetn931 on Feb 26, 2009 at 02:04 AM

[Edit 3][bump]
Ok i got it working. Now i got another issue, When i enter a command through the Web Broswer. It does what it's suppose to then all of a sudden give me a run time error. The number is 53 also says jpg.dll can't be found. I've looked all over the internet for a fix. I had no luck. Can anyone help me here?
Edited by ihatetn931 on Mar 23, 2009 at 03:14 PM

[Edit 4]
Since no one knows how to fix this, Can a mod lock it please. Or removed it
Edited by ihatetn931 on Aug 11, 2009 at 09:59 AM

Time: Sun December 21, 2014 12:10 PM 297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website