A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: BobtheGreatII
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 22, 2016 06:46 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 24
What Games do you play:
Meh

Post Statistics
BobtheGreatII has contributed to 874 posts out of 469503 total posts (.19%) in 5,034 days (.17 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread Aug 22, 2016 06:46 PM (Total replies: 494)

Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
I'm pretty sure they got permission from Masterz to use them.

We made the resources open to anyone who wanted to use them. Masterz doesn't have to give "permission" to anyone to use them. Masterz didn't make the assets and certainly wasn't in charge of the team that did. That wasn't really the point. The point is to have some common decency and not promote someone else's work as your own.

Don't mistake this as an attack on the Installation 01 team. Obviously there is a lot of great work surrounding this one thing I'm pointing out. I just personally felt it was worth pointing out so that maybe the trend won't continue.

Halo CE General Discussion » Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread Aug 22, 2016 06:27 PM (Total replies: 494)

Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
They are using some CMT assets as placeholders.

"Placeholders"

Placeholders shouldn't be directly pulled assets from another team's project and then promoted as their own. Use some block-out models. Don't steal work. It's common sense. It's amusing that so much of that video contains a "placeholder" model.

We worked very hard on the assets for TSC:E and it's a shame to see them poorly implemented as "placeholders" in someone else's project.

Halo CE General Discussion » Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread Aug 22, 2016 06:07 PM (Total replies: 494)

That Warthog sure does look familiar.

Quote: --- Original message by: Ifafudafi
We've been stealthily keeping tabs on this and that in the wake of TSC:E's release, but with this, it's finally time for us to sign off and move on to new and hopefully even better things. Thank you for supporting us all these years -- seeing so many people play and enjoy the fruits of our long three-year effort has been the greatest reward we could have ever asked for.

This. Thank you so much everyone. It's been great.

hello halo friends!

I've just published quite a few old internal videos from TSC:E's development, which you can browse here. hopefully you will find them interesting! I think teh lag also has a few others on his channel if you're curious

I did a similar thing. Here you go:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLN3yhzSLHDob28QJ6ewsGlcDT1sJjGT_C

Quote: --- Original message by: General_101
Please stop working on Halo entirely and get out while you have your sanity.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

+1

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Why does the assault rifle's display say "BR" to the left of the ammo count?
http://oi57.tinypic.com/2mfivx4.jpg

"Brightness"
Edited by BobtheGreatII on Mar 3, 2015 at 01:32 AM

Oh man. Glad this is finally out. Great work everyone. It was a lot of fun.

Halo CE General Discussion » Contour map [WIP] Sep 11, 2014 03:07 AM (Total replies: 21)

Holy crap, you actually started working on this. My brain froze when I read the title, and then noticed it was you. Good luck!

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jul 11, 2014 02:31 PM (Total replies: 12123)

I guess I have to remind you guys. Masterz is the only one working on SPV3. Not all of CMT. Almost all of CMT is focused on the release of B30:E. Anything you see in that teaser (and the upcoming trailer) are mostly things Masterz has put together. There are a few things that I've worked on, but only small things. Same goes for a lot of what you see. Things like the BR display are largly argued against within the team (especially by me), but Masterz is "in charge" of it. Don't blame all of CMT for something one guy has been putting together for the past year and a half.
Edited by BobtheGreatII on Jul 11, 2014 at 02:32 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! May 20, 2014 08:36 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: raphaelBLOOD WAR
Hey Master how's the grunts model coming along?

It's coming along fine. I'll show it off when it's ready.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Mar 20, 2014 05:39 PM (Total replies: 12123)

cmt suxs

Oh wait... I'm late.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Mar 17, 2014 03:22 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: master noob
Quote: --- Original message by: greg079
everybody gets ignored on halomaps, it happens, but its still nice that they've come around right? it's not like anyone here is against CMT (well, 'cept DSali and a few) we all just have different ideas of what is and isn't good.

a long time ago I posted criticisms on their designs, which were left ignored. those same criticisms are resurfacing, but the problem is that CMT is still going through with it even though it's blatantly a problem. there's an element in CMT that's pushing through with poor designs, and that is going to cause issues and eventually pull the project apart. they've not come around but to state their ignorance; brushing it off as "it happens" is only enabling this trend to continue.

Actually I'm curious what those posts were. As you can see these forums tend to be a mess when trying to find decent criticism. Even though you might think we're leaving poor quality things in, we are always making changes. Masterz has an annoying habit of posting pictures that shouldn't be posted. Mostly because people here bug him to death about it. That a10 photo is no different. Usually the things you see that are posted by Masterz have been heavily modified from what they look like in Evolved, or are extremely work in progress. The negativity that comes from Halo Maps is overwhelmingly annoying sometimes. So it's easy to pass up even the best criticism when it's written in a negative way. When you write posts the way you do, it's extremely insulting, considering we do this for free, in our spare time, and to the best of our ability. We are a team of roughly 7 people. Masterz, Iffy, and Lag are in charge of the actual gameplay. Silicon works on environmental art, exterior and interior. I work on modeling of "new" assets, along with texturing. H3Freak on UI things. And Xalener on audio. So when you insult any individual thing, you're attacking a single person in most cases. We're people just like everyone else. So it's easy for any one of you to get on here and say what you don't like, but it's not really helping anyone. We're always open for constructive criticism, but in the end this is our project. We all work on it for our own reasons. And when it comes down to it, we'll release what we (and our testers) feel plays the best, and is the most fun. No one will make you play B30:Evolved, or any part of SPV3. We don't owe anyone anything, but we hope to make something that everyone can enjoy.
Edited by BobtheGreatII on Mar 17, 2014 at 03:24 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Mar 1, 2014 02:23 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: P3
From those pictures, it doesn't look as good as i thought it would. :(

Although you're welcome to your opinion, I would like to mention that any of the exterior shots are pretty rough. The cliff wall textures, and the ground textures are placeholder for the most part, especially UV's. So you won't get much visually from the exterior shots, but I can say that a lot of us are proud of the interior shots.
Edited by BobtheGreatII on Mar 1, 2014 at 02:23 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Possible to 1600x on Desktop Feb 22, 2014 04:30 PM (Total replies: 11)

Gotta be honest, couldn't remember if it was or not. Been so long since I haven't had OS installed.

Halo CE General Discussion » Possible to 1600x on Desktop Feb 22, 2014 03:02 PM (Total replies: 11)

Yes?

Works with 1600x1024 too.

I'm not sure what you're asking, couldn't you just go change the resolution and try for yourself?

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jan 25, 2014 10:51 PM (Total replies: 12123)

At this point I think Masterz is the only one who likes our Chief the way it is.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jan 19, 2014 01:08 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Pay no attention to the HUD info from my test video for anything. I simply used 32 rounds as it was what I had at the time, the video was not meant to show off gameplay elments, it was simply to display the weapon.

In the end it will be up to Iffy/Lag/Masterz what the final ammo counts for each weapon are in B30:E and SPV3.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jan 18, 2014 04:41 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Yeah, I played around with it a bit since the test video. What you see in the top image is more accurate to what it looks like right now.
Edited by BobtheGreatII on Jan 18, 2014 at 04:41 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jan 17, 2014 12:01 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Co1t3r
It might just be me but it seems as though CMT is falling back into old patterns.

1. CMT is once again revived to begin work on an ambitious new campaign mod with realistic goals and a reasonable release date. Everything looks promising.
2. The project is expanded to ridiculous proportions. The community is in awe at what it expects to accomplish.
3. Progress slows considerably as much of the team is burdened by work/school.
4. The original release date is extended by over a year. The project thread digresses into page after page useless commentary/speculation.

If this pattern continues:

4. Many members quit as the project's completion seems forever out of reach.
5. Some time later, we are given several barely-functional map files of the progress so far.

I'm not saying this is bound to happen. I'm just curious as to how the team sees the future of this project.

It will get done. You need to understand that we don't get paid to do this. At all. We all work jobs, we all go to school (most of us college), so real life sets in. We're a team of about 6 active people working on all of this. We give it all the time we can. And trust me when I say that there is a lot of stuff happening that we don't come to Halomaps, or even Halomods to show off. The biggest break we had was about a month after media month, when no one was really working on anything. But we've been in full force since then. So don't get too worried about it. We'll release it when we're happy with it. On another note. Saying that CMT is falling in to old patterns, you have to also remember that not a lot of people from the original CMT still work on this project. I would like to think that those of us who are working on it now, are actually dedicated to the project.

Quote: --- Original message by: Storm
Still not loving the HUD. The Skirmishers, while they look pretty, are they optimized enough to still add decent gameplay? Also, where would they be used? I can only imagine them in B40, even then it's a bad idea.

Not to mention the Sentinel Beam. Terrible sound, it sounds like a fat kid is spitting.

What would you like seen different with the HUD, saying you don't like it isn't productive in any way. We can't fix what we don't know. We're always open to suggestions, although, a lot of us are pretty happy with the HUD. The skirmishers are modified Jackals, so they're just as optimized as the Jackals. As for where they are used, that's on Masterz, as they won't be making an apperance in B30:E. As for the gun, Masterz was demonstrating an ammo function, not showing off the gun or the sounds, why even comment on it?

Quote: --- Original message by: ActivatedTrapCard
So I have a question for Masterz if this hasn't been answered already. How is your team gonna pace B30:E? Because the main problem I had with A10 from SPv2 is that there was little to no pacing from the extended BSPs which caused the map to fall apart and be boring in the process.

Masterz isn't in charge of B30:E, that's on Lag and Iffy. Masterz is in charge of SPV3 content. As for B30:E, remember that it's built from the ground up, with the gameplay and pacing that we believe is right. A10 in SPV2 was a mess. We all know it. Masterz has worked hard (and recieved plenty of feedback from our testers) in order to clean up A10. SPV3 and B30:E should be significantly more fun than any of the other releases. At least that's the goal anyway.

Quote: --- Original message by: P3
Oh, no. I meant a scale from 1-10 about how good you guys would feel of it if it was to be released now.

We would feel extremely uncomfortable with releasing anything right now. That's asking us to release something that's not finished. What would be the point? You certainly wouldn't find it very enjoyable. Be patient.

Time: Mon December 9, 2019 11:07 AM 469 ms.
A Halo Maps Website