WWLinkMasterX has contributed to 692 posts out of 446163 total posts
(.16%) in 2,509 days (.28 posts per day).
20 Most recent posts:
Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33
Lone doesn't want to give away the BSPs, they are ony small parts anyways and I don't see what anybody without matching skills would need them.
I figured as much. I asked because just the three minutes of gameplay in that CE3 trailer looks better than the entirety of many of the "projects" some people release.
Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33
What kind of content do you want released?
I've played StKFT and wouldn't even have asked until I saw this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKaYHkfYxfE&feature=youtu.be
cool bsp bro
This has probably already been asked, but are there any mechanical differences between the Marines and ODSTs, or are they purely aesthetic?
So glad to hear about this anniversary update!
On a related note, I've always been surprised that Downflow was never played as much as extinction since, in my opinion, it's better balanced.
Given Extinction's strict Covenant vs. Human theme, I think the ability to pick between Spartan and Elite bipeds would be very fitting.
I don't know if you're aware of this, but whenever you try to use a covenant ground vehicle (ghost, specter, etc.) on the human side, it sinks into the ground and you get stuck without a vehicle. My guess is this is an issue with the map's collision?
Can I interest you in some updated tags?
When I saw this on the first page I thought, "oh look another bump from the dead, I remember this project,"
BUT IT's ACTUALLY BACK
. . .
*cough* so- um, In the years since this was being developed, have you had any changes of heart on the design philosophy of these maps? Altis's "Bigass" map managed to be a very successful miniaturization/recreation of "Hugeass," but that required major deviations from the game-play style of the original.
Do you think extinction/hugeass/coldsnap style gameplay will be received just as well today?
Finally got around to playing it.
It was.... beat-able?
While I certainly enjoyed TSC:E, I can also understand the changes.
TSC:E was designed to be a completely stand-alone map. This is reflected in the boss battles, the availability of every weapon, and the variety of vehicles.
It's design simply doesn't fit the pacing of a longer-term campaign, independent of how you feel about the tag-set.
Do I agree with all of CMT's decisions? Not particularly passionately, but I feel like a lot (most) are good calls given the scope of the project.
Edited by WWLinkMasterX on Dec 28, 2015 at 03:08 AM
Quote: --- Original message by: Ubermaniac Quote: --- Original message by: beaucephal
Quote: --- Original message by: phoeniX
I'm kind of a noob. Has A10 been released? And if it has,DL link please.
Nope, A10 has not yet been released. It'll come out with the rest of part 1, which is currently slated for early Summer 2016.
I understand the hard work you guy's have done, but from now on, please do not give a release date that you can not fulfill.
But you guys are awesome
After literally years of delays, I think they only feel confident giving a release time because they're that close to completion. Their most recent delay was from first quarter 2016 to second quarter 2016, and they haven't even given a definitve date, just a range.
Any chance of the developed assets being released?
If you can, you should help CMT create a UI that supports this:
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
we didn't have a way to make the transition seamless before. We do need to make sure the UI can have the menu for the new intro map otherwise we have to fall back on the original shortened cutscene for A10
you'll need it.
I think it looks great, especially the interiors.
Though, perhaps the exterior textures could use more shades of grey (black?)?
Sometimes too much purple is too much purple, even for the Covenant.
A balanced Extinction could be pretty fun. Like Bigass with Covenant assets...
nah, Pen Island.
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
Don't make a pornroom this time, I am tired of servers constantly teleporting all the players to those.
I don't see an issue here
I need to find whatever servers you're playing on...
Or you could create checkpoint at the beginning of the level...
Edited by WWLinkMasterX on Nov 1, 2015 at 05:47 PM
It's also really annoying to have to sit through that intro text every time you die. After two tries I decided to quit because it was just too boring.
Additional Info. about D30:
- CMT actually announced two new levels D30 and D25. However, it is my impression that D30 has been in development longer, is generally more developed, and less likely to get cut.
- The latest universal UI gives it the title: "The Commander" and the description reads "Keep the Brutes at bay, and thwart the Parasite's evil scheme"
- There are actually two entries for this level, a regular version and an "evolved" version. However, CMT has stated in the past that they will not be working on any more "evolved" BSPs, especially with the cancellation of "The Library: Evolved."
- The graphic that accompanies the regular version of D30 shows a beta screenshot from B30 "The Silent Cartographer." I think it's safe to assume that D30 is a "post-flood re-visitation" of the island from B30. This also explains how they can have two versions of a new level without adding an impossible amount of work: they're re-using BSPs.
Info Regarding D25
- The title reads: "None Left Behind" and the description tells you to "Get the marines off the ring before it is blown to kingdom come."
- The image accompanying the level is a panned-out shot of a section of the Halo ring.
- It takes place immediately after the level "Keyes" (D20), and right before "The Commander" (D30).
- Keeping with the pattern of recycling BSPs, my guess is that this will utilize sections from A30 "Halo". I find this especially likely because one of A30's major new sections is an "alpha base" wherein marines are primarily encamped. It makes sense for a level whose main objective is to rescue marines to start at a major marine camp.
Personal Conjecture about the Story
- D30 was announced first. Shortly after, a number of posts guessed that D30 would be some kind of flight based mission since "Keyes" ended with you escaping on a Banshee. However, this was not the purpose of D30. My guess is that D25 was announced shortly after to appeal to this demand. The shot of a section of Halo in space may or may not imply that it's a flight level.
- Canonically, Master Chief discovers a "proto-gravemind" on the Bridge in "Keyes." While CMT has stated that they wish to return to the original Bungie concept of a "brain room," both imply the Flood's desire to commandeer a spaceship and further spread the infection. I presume this is "the Parasite's evil scheme."
- Finally, I suspect that the titles "None Left Behind" and "The Commander" are ironic. "None Left Behind" may end with you failing to rescue any marines and thus none are left behind alive. "The Commander" may originally imply some kind of Covenant commander (perhaps a Brute) but end up being some powerful, intelligent Flood form.
I don't think you'd get any money out of it. So if I were you, I'd only put money in knowing I'm not going to get it back.
That said, I see no reason why you shouldn't try, especially if you can get them subbed in Spanish.
Edited by WWLinkMasterX on Oct 17, 2015 at 08:32 PM