A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: WWLinkMasterX
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 5, 2014 06:49 PM
Interests:
Your Age: Yes
What Games do you play:
"This forum is a psychiatrist's wet dream..."
Email: {hidden}
AIM: ... or not v
MSN IM: JonSki12@gmail.
Yahoo IM:

Post Statistics
WWLinkMasterX has contributed to 429 posts out of 470232 total posts (.09%) in 1,845 days (.23 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Why is everyone talking spanish? Mar 5, 2014 06:49 PM (Total replies: 117)

Quote: --- Original message by: SK CRISIS
Being from Mexico and having visited there many times, I can tell you that Halo PC and CE are popular there due to how easy a game it is to obtain and play, with it's low spec requirements. Halo being a kick ass game doesn't hurt either.

This. Old games are cheaper, Latin American countries tend to be poorer.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jan 14, 2014 10:36 AM (Total replies: 7620)

Must be great against hunters.

Now is that 2 second timer based on two seconds for the player, or two seconds of the game which is being slowed down?

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jan 14, 2014 12:47 AM (Total replies: 7620)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Sprint is for 5 seconds, Reflex Booster is for 2. Also sprint is faster.

I'm assuming then that Reflex Booster will play well against slow projectiles like fuel rods and bruteshots.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jan 12, 2014 12:00 AM (Total replies: 7620)

What's the point of sprint if you have time manipulation?

Y'know what CE needs?

A Medium-small, asymmetrical, multi-storied, slayer map.

Close-quarters inside a flood-infected cave/ship.

Vehicle-crates and everyone plays as flood.

very flood

wow.

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
The marine model is not yet ingame, so the ODST is placeholder. I am okay with saying the plan is

A10: Crewman, Marines, and ODSTs
Makes sense.
A30: Marines
Having Crewmen in the third encounter (first forerunner structure) adds a nice degree of immersion.
A50: ODST
Makes sense for the first part, but there really should be Crewmen in the cells.
SPV3 B30 E: ODST
B40: Marines
C10:Marines

ODSTs are going to be used for missions where you are going into a fight, Marines are the guys you find fighting for their lives on the Halo ring.

It just seems like a waste to only have crewmen in one level.

Certainly much better than the specter. The seats on that thing looked awful.

The thing about an airstrike is, it feels more satisfying if it actually prevented you from having to do a firefight you would otherwise have to do. However, it also only feels satisfying if said firefight was against enemies that actually pose a challenge to you. I remember in Lumoria, the airstrike took out three wraiths. This was a little disappointing seeing how three wraiths isn't that dangerous and the encounter right after that was comparable in difficulty. The player doesn't want to feel cheated out of an encounter after all.

There was also the issue of processing intensity. So how about instead of "40 AI running around" have much fewer but stronger units in the crossfire. Like phantoms carrying wraiths and hunters. Or a scarab...

Which brings me to:

My Solution for Implementing a Longsword Strike Meaningfully in a Firefight Scenario

/douche

Implement Masters' idea of an optional scenario at the end of a30 in which the chief has to infiltrate and destroy a small Covenant anti-air establishment. Much like this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=593rDkeAW_A from 4:16 - 5:25.

Upon succeeding and leaving the structure, an overwhelming force of Phantoms carrying heavy units drops in. At which point, the player has the choice of trying to beat the encounter, or call in the air strike.

Now this is the interesting part; this whole scenario is about choice.

A) If you choose to skip the optional final encounter, the anti-air embankment is still a problem. You're leaving in pelicans after all, which makes it relevant to the story. Thus, right before or while the level ends, there should be a cinematic in which the longsword you would have called in, takes out the AA gun, but gets shot down in the process. This should motivate the player to do the optional encounter in a second play-through.

B) You destroy the embankment and use the airstrike afterwards. You wasted an airstrike, but the longsword lives to fight another day.

C) You (somehow) beat the odds all by yourself. Longsword lives, and you just saved a lot of of that ever scarce ammunition.

The second two options don't seem very fleshed out, but there's certainly a lot of room to work-in story with these kind of scenarios that are based on choices.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Dec 30, 2013 04:02 PM (Total replies: 702)

I was testing out the falcon physics a few days ago and my biggest complaint is that even if you align yourself perfectly horizontally, when you throttle forward you go down at about a 20 degree angle. Is there any way to fix this?

The biggest problem with this is that in order to go perfectly forward, you have to shift your field of view upward into the sky, which is stupid because all the action occurs on the ground below you. Even if the angular issue can't be perfectly aligned, it would still be better to have that same 20 degree offset in the opposite direction (above the horizontal rather than below).
Edited by WWLinkMasterX on Dec 30, 2013 at 04:07 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Dec 28, 2013 02:02 PM (Total replies: 702)

Quote: --- Original message by: vampire_girl
Quote: --- Original message by: Dsalimander
does anyone here know what it feels like to be hated be everyone
picked on all the time bullyed all the time being home alone nearly everyday every year loseing your sanity
has anyone here been scared of everything hu
being called mental just becuase your diffrent
teachers being happy getting me sent home away from other people being used so people can get money

noone i bet has these troubles
Edited by Dsalimander on Nov 8, 2013 at 08:30 PM

Heh, I remember that, that was a riot. Doesn't really sound like D-sal though.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Dec 28, 2013 01:57 PM (Total replies: 702)

Me too, but the point is your ascension speed is significantly slower than your throttling speed, especially when it's angled.

In Halo 3 the trade-off between the banshee and the hornet, was one was fast and manuverable, the other had more shielding and firepower.

The Falcon's clearly a sky-tank, I think it needs more health accordingly.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Dec 28, 2013 01:51 PM (Total replies: 702)

Pelican physics are tricky. Either you move reasonably fast in a straight line in which you can't aim, or you have to do this complicated song-and-dance alternating between hovering ascending/descending and throttling to maneuver. The latter case makes slows you down and makes you a sitting duck.

Thus, there's a direct trade-off between speed and being able to aim your weapon. Not to mention, because of alignment, you have a tendency to descend when trying to aim (or even look down).

/so give the falcon more health.

Have fire based weapons been discussed?

Quote: --- Original message by: vampire_girl

This forum is a Psychiatrists wet dream.

Edited by WWLinkMasterX on Dec 28, 2013 at 01:53 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Dec 27, 2013 02:15 PM (Total replies: 702)

Have you considered CMT's method of using board-able bipeds for the Falcons to allow for strafing physics?

Or does that not work/sync in multiplayer?

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Dec 21, 2013 03:32 PM (Total replies: 7620)

Quote: --- Original message by: UHWArby
Quote: --- Original message by: waffles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbfw8ywvVuQ

if there will be an easter egg make it a rainbow bridge

I second this notion.

Some of the eggs were way too accessible, but I really like how they did Kreepy Keyes mode. It changed the feel of the entire level (I believe with minimal resources?) making for a very interesting second play-through.

Put like a switch under the waterfall or something.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Oct 31, 2013 11:18 AM (Total replies: 7620)

Man, these guys have gone dark for years at a time. Y'all are really worried about a couple months?

Halo CE General Discussion » The Deimos Incident (Innie Thread Take 2) Aug 13, 2013 02:56 AM (Total replies: 81)

I'm really glad you toned down the ridiculous amount of cliche red fists. I see you've already read what Tiel had to say on the subject, but also:

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Rather than the triple fist decal, a single fist with an extended middle finger could be a comical substitute.
Edited by Echo77 on Aug 10, 2013 at 10:01 PM

I really don't like the triple-fist to be honest. The two top fists look off being upside-down and all, and the whole symbol all together looks too over-the-top to me. I think you should remove them and move up the bottom one so it's better centered. (The middle finger thing sounds like a great idea too).

I really like the subtle but effective placement of the symbol on the shotgunner though.

Will there be civilian or unarmed units once you get inside the heat of the base? This brings me back to that part in The Fall of Reach where the Chief had to blow up that Innie installation with all the civilians in it. Really adds emotional depth if you ask me.

I figure they'd be perfect for light units and the way you could do it is re-skin the crewmen in like black jumpsuits or something. Obviously, if the goal is to add emotional depth (to keep the player from wanting to shoot unarmed men) you have to simultaneously give them a reason to have to reluctantly do it anyway. Hence two variants, some with pistols, some without. The level could even play out so that the first "light" units are all unarmed and run away, but then slowly start to fight back. Eventually units could start to run away, but pull their pistol on you when you're not looking. Even better, units with no guns at all could throw grenades at you. These same units could play the "panic" animation, then whip out a grenade if you got close to them, WWII Japan style.

When the versions with pistols start to appear, the would congregate in large, concentrated groups to pose at least some of a threat (basically Innie grunts).

I can just imagine a great encounter would be walking into the stock cafeteria full of these things, and indiscriminately pouring bullets into them as some run for their lives in horror.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jul 21, 2013 07:13 PM (Total replies: 7620)

"we call it a flashlight replacement system . . . we call it flashlight replacement because it's not just an equipment system or an armor ability system, y'know it's pretty robust in what you can do with it..."

sounds cool, like what?

Halo CE General Discussion » O.D.S.T. Series; Official Thread Jul 21, 2013 06:11 PM (Total replies: 162)

Here's an idea:

Spartan visor is yellow; the HUD is blue.

ODST visor is blue; the HUD is yellow...

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jul 21, 2013 06:03 PM (Total replies: 7620)

Quote: --- Original message by: miguel_antf
So, the tomorrow's trailer will be just a gameplay like the previous TSE:E trailers or will be like Truth and Reconciliation official trailer, where you show some comparisons and explain some features?

I assume it's going to be that big "O_o" thing they mentioned about two months ago.

It's been made clear that phantoms will be the preferred replacement to spirits. Is that true for ALL levels, even a50? As I recall, the ending cinematic pretty much required them.
Edited by WWLinkMasterX on Jul 21, 2013 at 06:07 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Takedown: Project Lawson Jul 20, 2013 06:25 PM (Total replies: 695)

^ I concur.

Though he's an easey headshot once you get that far.
Edited by WWLinkMasterX on Jul 20, 2013 at 06:30 PM

Time: Wed April 16, 2014 9:10 PM 266 ms.
A Halo Maps Website