A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: WWLinkMasterX
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 26, 2014 11:17 AM
Interests:
Your Age: Yes
What Games do you play:
"This forum is a psychiatrist's wet dream..."
Email: {hidden}
AIM: ... or not v
MSN IM: JonSki12@gmail.
Yahoo IM:

Post Statistics
WWLinkMasterX has contributed to 494 posts out of 411358 total posts (.12%) in 1,980 days (.25 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Your CD KEY is Invalid Aug 26, 2014 11:17 AM (Total replies: 16)

I know this is going to sound suspect, but you should PM me what your key is, and I'll tell you if it's part of the "common eight."

Actually, just google your key. If it turns up any results you've been screwed.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 23, 2014 01:25 AM (Total replies: 9428)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan_234
I want to give an opinion here, I have always found the needler to be odd in every halo game. The reloading shows the player pushing out the needles rather than inserting ammo of some sort. If you play 343 Guilty Spark you will find Needler Cystals there but why? Could it be that the ammunition was built into the needler? However SPV3 changes that with an actual realoading animation rather than pushing out needler. Remember this an opinion.

...what's your point?

You just don't understand the depth of Spartan_234's posts. They have layers...

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 21, 2014 10:59 PM (Total replies: 9428)

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
It's going to be in with dual Assault Rifles with Grenade Launchers but we have no model yet.

Have you considered belt-fed conversions of the MA5, or are they just going to have bottomless magazines?

Please do this.

The ghost's specific niche as a vehicle lies in the combination of a weak but constant fire rate, coupled with the ability to strafe and always be on target. Ghosts literally circle their prey while slowly bringing them down.

The mongoose can't strafe, so you'll have to constantly be re-adjusting your alignment to stay on target. Enemies can just quickly move out of your firing range if you're not constantly moving forward or backward to keep facing them.

This creates an entirely unique play style. Where the ghost stalks, mongooses will have to attack in forward bursts and then drive away. Making its weapons system have to reload after use, compliments this "pounce-retreat" play style.

It's the difference between a sniper rifle and a focus rifle. Also, it's more characteristic of human tech to be powerful, but require reloading, while covenant tech sacrifices brute strength for efficiency.

I was originally opposed to this armament for the mongoose because I thought it might be OP (see: Bulldog), but now I think it can work if you limit it with a reload system.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 21, 2014 01:22 AM (Total replies: 9428)

Referring to my last question,

Will ODSTs be any stronger than marines, or is it just a cosmetic difference? What about on the level(s) where both are present?

Also, question/suggestion. Will the bumblebee pilot/helmet be remade? If so, it would be a shame to waste. If the helmet itself can be added efficiently as just an armor permutation, it would be nice if each group you rescue on A30 had exactly one marine with the helmet.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 19, 2014 11:15 PM (Total replies: 9428)

Of course it's possible. It's just a matter of modeling/scenery placement.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 18, 2014 06:56 PM (Total replies: 9428)

Supposedly, that's why it wasn't released a month ago like originally intended.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 18, 2014 05:50 PM (Total replies: 9428)

it plays in a wait and see style where you will one day see footage when we are ready or play it for yourself.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 18, 2014 12:12 AM (Total replies: 9428)

a10 - Human spaceship
a30 - Temperate Mountainscape (mild(?) forerunner interior)
a50 - Blizzard/Covenant spaceship
b30 - Tropical Island/Forerunner Interior
b40 - Forerunner Interior/Snowy Valley
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
c10 - Swamp(?)/Forerunner Interior (please keep the swamp)
c20 - Forerunner Interior (else unknown)
c40 - Forerunner Interior/Blizzard (else unknown)
d20 - Flood infested Covenant spaceship/mild Blizzard (else unknown)
d30 - ??? (desert?)
d40 - Grassy Plains (scenery only?)/Crashed Human spaceship (else unknown)

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 17, 2014 04:36 PM (Total replies: 9428)

We have some cool plans for marines and the flood... you should all have a better idea of that once the UUI releases and we can't keep certain things secret anymore.
Edited by Masters1337 on Aug 17, 2014 at 04:24 PM
Edited by Masters1337 on Aug 17, 2014 at 04:31 PM

Translation: D30 "The Commander" will have a complete description in the next UUI update.

It will probably also take place in a desert, lest B30:E or the library have desert sections.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 17, 2014 04:12 PM (Total replies: 9428)

The plan right now (and it's all prototyped as well) is that flood forms retain characteristics of their host species. Human Forms prefer ranged weaponry and work in groups to fire from afar, brute forms rush in and use stock behaviors, elite forms use more advanced weapon functions and have energy shields which also retains some hide and seek behaviors.

Delicon is pretty much spot on in what he has said, although there is no current plans to bring things any more complicated than giving them human weapons. I do want to bring back the blood stained elite armor we had in SPV1 though. That was pretty awesome looking.

I'm interested in how this will affect the pacing of c10 (did I get that right :P). The way the level plays out, first there are only infection forms which you knew were coming. Then elite combat forms break down the door (new enemy). Their bodies are mangled enough so that you can't tell they were once elites unless you look closely at their vestigial heads (which can be shot off). It's only later in the level that you see human combat forms and the implications are painfully obvious.

Since brute forms will retain stock behaviors, maybe they should break down the door in the initial encounter? It makes sense for multiple reasons.

On the subject of c10, you've said that you want the flood's behavior to focus on the infection process. Obviously, this means many 3 way-encounters designed such that the flood win, turning it into a two-way encounter whilst allowing you to see the infection (or prevent it, gameplay decision!).

Unfortunately, the most easily infect-able units are the humans who get very little screen-time in this level. One could add live humans to the level's interior, but that would break the theme.

Another option is to customize the final exterior section where you hold out with marine survivors; make it longer.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 16, 2014 06:02 PM (Total replies: 9428)

^ That would take a ludicrous amount of time, effort, and resources. More than are being used for this already ambitious project.

Backpack weapons are only useful in multiplayer, and a waste of space in singleplayer.

I feel c20 evolved should still retain some labyrinth-like elements, just not be so gosh darn repetitive. A good way to do this is to have the level wrap-around itself like in the original silent cartographer (anyone here play Dark Souls?). This can be emphasized with the use of switches for forerunner tech. Elevators, light-bridges, and grav-lifts can transform the environment, making the map itself a character. Like playing inside a puzzle-box.

Anyway, will Marines/ODSTs still have small, invisible shields to make them more durable?
Edited by WWLinkMasterX on Aug 16, 2014 at 06:50 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 15, 2014 01:23 AM (Total replies: 9428)

Quote: --- Original message by: Destroyer 50
does anyone here know what it feels like to be hated be everyone
picked on all the time bullyed all the time being home alone nearly everyday every year loseing your sanity
has anyone here been scared of everything hu
being called mental just becuase your diffrent
teachers being happy getting me sent home away from other people being used so people can get money

noone i bet has these troubles

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 13, 2014 06:42 PM (Total replies: 9428)

1) CMT's shade is already custom.

2) They already feature a new 'balance' mechanic.

Edit:

hey, whatever happened to that game? The Linkmaster taketh and the linkmaster giveth back

Vehicles
Human
Warthog
- LAAG
- Gauss
- Rocket
Grizzley
Pelican (driveable?)
Mantis (???)

Covenant
Shade
Ghost
Shadow
- Plasma-bolt
- Fuel Rod
Wraith
- Mortar
- Anti-air (fuel rod)
Banshee
Phantom (driveable?)
Spirit (A50 only?)

Edited by WWLinkMasterX on Aug 13, 2014 at 07:14 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 11, 2014 01:36 AM (Total replies: 9428)

Quote: --- Original message by: Arteen
Unless when the gravity grenade detonates it applies 9.8 m/s^2 downward acceleration on all objects within its blast radius, it'd make more sense to call it something like singularity grenade (since it creates a singularity) or vortex grenade (since it acts similarly to the cut "vortex" equipment from Halo 3).

Because the word gravity only refers to earth gravity at sea level.

There already exist papers that show black holes can be sustained through mechanisms that use "negative mass." It's not quite the same as antimatter, but eh, it's kinda close. Anything along these lines is going to require an enormous amount of energy.

I say, name it whatever rolls off the tongue best...

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 10, 2014 05:21 PM (Total replies: 9428)

Grenade types
- Fragmentation
- Plasma (sticky)
- Anti-matter
- Cluster (fuel-rod) *{SPV3 Only}
- Grenade launcher attachment *{B30:E ammo-specific}

Armor Upgrades
Evasion
  • Sprint
  • Reflex Booster
  • Active Camo
Detection
  • Flashlight
  • Radar
  • VISR
Defense
  • Health Regen
Attack
  • ???

What I miss?
Edited by WWLinkMasterX on Aug 10, 2014 at 05:33 PM
Edited by WWLinkMasterX on Aug 10, 2014 at 08:07 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 10, 2014 12:06 AM (Total replies: 9428)

Halo CE General Discussion » Profile Name And Symbol Questions. Aug 9, 2014 12:07 PM (Total replies: 15)

I think you can do it by going into the file where your profile name is actually saved, and editing it in notepad.

I've got to run right now, but look up "halo custom name" on youtube, I recall seeing several tutorials for just this kind of thing.

Halo CE General Discussion » Cortana V2 Tags Aug 8, 2014 09:04 PM (Total replies: 47)

Looks like i'm on that weird part of halomaps again...

Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
Request for cortana:

Curvy posterior.

Though in all honesty, the above isn't such a bad idea. It's more subtle than the gigantic breasts modeler's are prone to make...

Halo CE General Discussion » Cortana V2 Tags Aug 6, 2014 01:38 AM (Total replies: 47)

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
Quote: --- Original message by: zookeeper
Make halo 4 style cortana and you will not feel that way.

dont beg.

I'll beg. Try it again; CE could use a custom Cortana.

Halo CE General Discussion » Universal UI Official Thread Aug 6, 2014 01:30 AM (Total replies: 218)

I love this project.

Time: Fri August 29, 2014 8:07 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website