A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: WWLinkMasterX
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 13, 2016 07:52 PM
Interests:
Your Age: Yes
What Games do you play:
subliminal message.
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
WWLinkMasterX has contributed to 756 posts out of 457328 total posts (.17%) in 2,741 days (.28 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Right, but has anyone actually downloaded it and can confirm that it:

a) Isn't a virus

b) Actually works

c) Works on Windows 10

d) Doesn't lead to other complications down the line?

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Aug 12, 2016 11:25 AM (Total replies: 10742)

Wait, so... are you making a capacitor?

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and I have yet to reinstall CE, so this is perfect timing.

Does this really work, and with Windows 10 specifically?

Halo CE General Discussion » The Trinity Map Pack UPDATE Aug 6, 2016 02:33 PM (Total replies: 421)

Quote: --- Original message by: DA_Ender
I have a few ideas still up my sleeve after my Trinity release.
Edited by DA_Ender on Aug 6, 2016 at 02:28 AM

I know I'm looking forward to this!

SP project(s)?

Halo CE General Discussion » The Trinity Map Pack UPDATE Aug 3, 2016 06:00 PM (Total replies: 421)

That's actually really impressive.

Halo CE General Discussion » The Trinity Map Pack UPDATE Aug 1, 2016 03:29 PM (Total replies: 421)

I'm especially hyped to see a map that uses those Reach ship tags well.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jul 9, 2016 11:47 AM (Total replies: 11844)

^ I think a series of phantoms in a scenario akin to the end of Halo: Reach would be very cool! However, I think you have to consider two things:

1) Space limitations. I didn't make this mod so I don't know how the space limitations on things like encounters are, but such considerations are always a factor.

2) That encounter is designed as one of the mod's "tutorial" encounters (there are plenty on the Autumn). The thing about such encounters is that they're designed to trigger an "ah-ha!" moment in the player by putting them in a situation where using some exploit is optimal, but never outright telling them to do it. The player then feels like they figured out "x" all by themselves. See:The portal games.

In the encounter atop Alpha Base, taking the AA wraith is only a suggestion and you're never explicitly told that boarding and EMPs are a thing. To make these kinds of encounters work best, not "solving the riddle" has to be a viable albeit harder option. In the current mod, you CAN simply destroy the wraith and kill the enemies the Phantoms drop in the traditional way.

A Reach-esque, Phantom-explosion-fest is only possible with the AA wraith. There's no choice involved, so what you get is a highly scripted interactive cinematic that AAA titles have been doing way too much of lately.

On another note, I got my pc working and have finally been able to play SPV3. Ie: I finally get to nitpick SPV3!

Like others have said, I found the Alpha Base section unfortunately underwhelming and even a bit confusing in some of its design elements. I have a bunch of criticisms and I might make a video, but there's something I'd like to quickly ask about.

Behind the walls of the base are a few hogs and a gungoose orderly lined up despite the heat of battle. What's weirder is that they disappear after you secure the top section. Then it dawned on me that this might be a glitch. Maybe those vehicles were supposed to spawn AFTER you beat the area rather than before, signifying that the marines have already begun to organize the recaptured base and giving the player options as to which vehicle to take into the next section.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMTSPV3 Released! Jun 29, 2016 05:31 PM (Total replies: 156)

I remember learning in elementary school about a lady's cancer cells that mutated so that they could live on their own, effectively forever. It conjured up visions of this once-human blob monster free to roam the earth long after she died.

I think I know where the monster went.

Halo CE General Discussion » H2ce SP by Halonimator announcement Jun 29, 2016 05:19 PM (Total replies: 34)

I've basically said this before, but I'll say it again because someone really ought to.

Haloanimator, you're a talented dude but you're letting petty things get in the way of what could be a much more successful modding "career."

Getting in arguments on drama-maps won't help you. Trolling and antagonizing others won't help you. Make multiple threads about grandiose future projects that everyone knows won't be completed won't help you.

If you look at the mods uploaded to this site, the most common deficit in content is a lack of custom BSPs. There's plenty of tag modding, but always on the same tired maps. You've proven your ability to make custom content. You can help fill the deficit. That's why I subscribed to your YouTube channel many months (years?) ago, despite any drama that might've been going on at the time.

So please take the advice I gave you when you released "Planet Flood A." Swallow your pride and listen to the criticism of others. Consider working together with other modders, particularly those with strengths in the areas where you have weaknesses. Stop baiting trouble and it won't follow you.

-insert meme-

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 29, 2016 01:29 PM (Total replies: 11844)

Quote: --- Original message by: roviet1337

Quote: --- Original message by: Zetthefourth
Can I just add; Blind Wolves are a farce and should be removed immediately unless thoroughly revamped. Ugly textures. Ugly animations. Heck why not AT LEAST add an idle animation where they chew grass or something, otherwise they just hop around waiting to get shot by a twat marine.

yeah wolves sure like to eat grass..
Edited by roviet1337 on Jun 28, 2016 at 07:44 PM

I think the idle animation where they stand there and look around is fitting and necessary, but how about an additional "crouch" animation where they bend their heads over and pick at the ground. They don't have to be eating grass. The same animation can be used as they stand over corpses, or in the many ponds in the level to look like they're drinking.

I've been critical of the blind wolves since before release, and hope they get basic aesthetic updates eventually in the ways people have already said.

Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
I feel the alpha base section could have been so much more.
The first impression you get is pretty good. Huge base, large playspace.
But the gameplay itself just doesn't get that exciting. Squads of marines just remain safely inside of the very tall wall's confinues. Not that much threatening action is actually going on outside of the walls either.

I feel the area could have been much more exciting. By lowering the defensive walls and posting marines on them, a real awesome defensive firefight could have ensued. A dug-in scorpion for example could have also been a real cool defenside asset. Oh and I thought ODSTs captured the alpha base according to the books, but I can imagine perhaps tagspace got in the way here, or this takes place after the capture.

It just doesn't meet what I had imagined the alpha base to be like after having read the books. Bit of a shame.

I imagine that's exactly the kind of thing they have planned for "No one left behind."

Halo CE General Discussion » H2ce SP by Halonimator announcement Jun 25, 2016 05:20 PM (Total replies: 34)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Quote: --- Original message by: HyperSean
lol.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 25, 2016 05:18 PM (Total replies: 11844)

Welp, I just got back in the country, on the release date of SPV3, only to find my PC broken.

Just my luck...

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 Anniversary! Jun 13, 2016 09:09 PM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: rangerDanger
Wtf is with all these remakes we don't need.

It's how we know the golden age of gaming has ended.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 13, 2016 09:03 PM (Total replies: 11844)

Mr. Poopybutthole?

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 13, 2016 05:05 PM (Total replies: 11844)

Quote: --- Original message by: Destroyer 50

does anyone here know what it feels like to be hated be everyone
picked on all the time bullyed all the time being home alone nearly everyday every year loseing your sanity
has anyone here been scared of everything hu
being called mental just becuase your diffrent
teachers being happy getting me sent home away from other people being used so people can get money

noone i bet has these troubles

This has got to be at least the 3rd time this has come up...

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] The floods part4 Ultra difficult Jun 8, 2016 09:27 PM (Total replies: 10)

Quote: --- Original message by: helldeath360
PLAY THE MAP WITH DEATHLESS PLAYER COMMMAND,

boi...

Quote: --- Original message by: Zetthefourth
literal cancer

Halo CE General Discussion » Planet_floo_b cancelled Jun 8, 2016 09:25 PM (Total replies: 30)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: EtchyaSketch
Quote: --- Original message by: xnx
HHHHHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHHHAHAHAHAHA

Quote: --- Original message by: xnx
CMT RIPS

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 8, 2016 09:09 PM (Total replies: 11844)

Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33
give cortana gigantic boobs to get more downloads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaC6R_3ETco

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure Jun 7, 2016 12:26 AM (Total replies: 230)

̶A̶l̶t̶i̶s̶ SOI is a GURL???!!??

Time: Wed September 28, 2016 12:58 AM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website