A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: WWLinkMasterX
About Contact
Last Post: Yesterday @ 03:20 PM
Interests:
Your Age: Yes
What Games do you play:
"This forum is a psychiatrist's wet dream..."
Email: {hidden}
AIM: ... or not v
MSN IM: JonSki12@gmail.
Yahoo IM:

Post Statistics
WWLinkMasterX has contributed to 517 posts out of 415824 total posts (.12%) in 2,033 days (.25 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Quote: --- Original message by: NeX
I hate to join the circlejerk, but at this rate the spv3 version of cartographer might get released first....

SPV3 will be out next year, given the delays with this we can't stick to our scheduled release plans. We'll have more details post b30:e release.

i lol'd

Quote: --- Original message by: Infinite Guardian
What is it?
And is it possible to have the armor on a Hunter to be shot off?

It's implied in the other thread. Don't think they're going to be any easier though...

Halo CE General Discussion » WIP Killzones First Custom BSP Yet to be named Oct 15, 2014 01:26 AM (Total replies: 53)

The tunnels in pictures 1 & 2 (the lower footpaths) look like they would lead to parking garages (inaccessible, of course).

The elevated flat in picture 4 seems like it would make a nice courtyard/patio, especially being right next to the hotel. If you want to go the extra mile, it would be nice to throw in some "vehicle-as-scenery" tables and chairs. With really low weight values so they go flying at the slightest force.

Halo CE General Discussion » WIP Killzones First Custom BSP Yet to be named Oct 14, 2014 01:45 PM (Total replies: 53)

Looks excellent.

Quote: --- Original message by: killzone64

http://puu.sh/c3OzF/974228932d.jpg

For the OS version, it would be nice if there were switches affecting things like the barriers above, allowing players to directly modify the flow of the map. (Recall Halo 3's 'Longshore').

Quote: --- Original message by: SleepStalker117
4. Microsoft would lose every money.

Quote: --- Original message by: RabbitFood
Quote: --- Original message by: WWLinkMasterX
The interior of T&R looks beautiful, has more of a Covenant feel to it.

Those hallways are really purple. Please tell me they're just WIP.

I think it's the purple that makes me really like them.

It's too much purple. It looks good on the walls, but not literally every freaking surface of the room. Parts should be grey.

The interior of T&R looks beautiful, has more of a Covenant feel to it.

Those hallways are really purple. Please tell me they're just WIP.

Halo CE General Discussion » Map Rating Forum Oct 4, 2014 11:53 AM (Total replies: 8)

bitmaps.map - 3/10

I can't get it to work.

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Quote: --- Original message by: rcghalohell
I wonder what Dennis's first map was...
Besides the stock maps the first custom map I played was Blood Islands which was so good that I wasn't detered by the second map I played SFear which is really weird.

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=175

*cough*

Halo CE General Discussion » Rpgbeta6_2 remake Oct 2, 2014 11:06 AM (Total replies: 47)

1) Pics of progress are always nice; talk is cheap.

2) Really, I'm surprised no one has tried to make a campaign with this BSP. Of all the multiplayer BSPs people make crappy mods with, this one actually has some singleplayer structure to it.
please consider #2

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Sep 30, 2014 01:27 PM (Total replies: 9812)

Right now our AU system is suffering from having more than 4 in a map making it unstable, so we are pretty much at our limit with it. Things like the auto sentry may not even make it in in the end. If there is a really good idea for one, I can see about getting it integrated but we're at the end of the line for it right now.

Then be very particular about what AU's go into what levels. Does flashlight count as one of the 4?

a10 - Only Human AUs: Radar, Regen, VISR
a30 - Balanced: Sprint, EMP, Reflex
a50 - Covenant/Stealth: VISR, Camo, Reflex
b30 - Sprint,
b40 - Camo, EMP,
c10 -
c20 - Heavy on the Forerunner: Sentry, (EMP ?),
c40 - EMP, Sprint,
d20 - Sentry, Radar, Regen
d40 - Radar,

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Sep 29, 2014 12:38 AM (Total replies: 9812)

Quote: --- Original message by: Delicon20
Right now only the overshield is a powerup, the doublespeed and AC are both AUs.

Are you planning on adding some new powerups to go with the old system? Like maybe a damage boost powerup; or maybe something completely new like a powerup that makes all the player's weapons slowly regenerate ammo for a short time? I'll admit I'm not really all that sure that any of that is really possible though as I've never looked in to the restrictions the vanilla powerup system had, but I figure I'll just ask anyway.

The AUs that be (with the exception of EMP) generally seem to be lacking in the offense department. It's understandable since such upgrades would probably be OP. I'm liking the weapon idea though:

Long Haul - Passive upgrade that allows you to carry a third weapon. If the upgrade is dropped, so is the weapon being held and the carrying capacity returns to two.

Pack Mule - While the powerup is active, any new weapons picked up will hold an (two?) extra clips(s) of ammo. Does not give ammunition.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Sep 27, 2014 04:54 PM (Total replies: 9812)

EMP Shield confirmed.

Will that play a role in C40?

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Sep 23, 2014 12:42 PM (Total replies: 9812)

-Remove/replace the orb on the very top
-Fuel rods should be less transparent
-Handle should have a more Covenant feel to it. Consider purple metal with a grey grip.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bigass Public Beta Sep 23, 2014 10:40 AM (Total replies: 1009)

Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
There are other servers for that. And I probably won't add that truck in next version of bigass, maybe just in the map files so it could be spawned with sapp.

Thank goodness.

Halo CE General Discussion » Fixing Renamon's Halo CE Campaign port Sep 17, 2014 04:24 PM (Total replies: 126)

Quote: --- Original message by: MoooseGuy
Retarded black-bordered lightning in the Library and The Maw.

As well as on the electricity in 343 Guilty Spark.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Sep 17, 2014 04:02 PM (Total replies: 9812)

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Whatever you do with 343 - don't kill the mood. That level still gives me the heeby jeebys.

Agreed.

I watched a friend play the campaign for the first time a few months ago, and c10's repetitive sections had an interesting effect. After the flood-reveal climax, my friend had an especially hard time finding the way out. And that was just getting back to the first (broken) elevator. Heck, seeing the look on his face after he went through all that effort was priceless.

Point is, the confusion caused by the repetitive sections adds to the feel of the level. However it's also, y'know, annoying. Will you do what 343 did and add textures to differentiate sections, or keep it in its maddening glory?

Also, remember those Elite corpses with their chests burst open? A great way to introduce Elite (shielded) flood would be to walk into a room full of them, and then watch as they re-animate.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Sep 16, 2014 12:31 PM (Total replies: 9812)

POA-Space (So irrelevant)
Halo-Day
T&R-Night
TSC (Classic and Evolved): Sunrise
AOTCR: Day
343 GS: Day
Library (Classic and Evolved): Afternoon
2 Betrayals: Night
Keyes: Night
None Left Behind: Daybreak
The Commander (Classic and Evolved): Daybreak
The Maw: Day.

1) "343 GS: Day" - Does that mean the map will be sunny, or just bright for a swamp?

2) "Library (Classic and Evolved): Afternoon" - Implying C20:E will have outdoor sections?

3) "None Left Behind" is probably the most curious reveal. For one, it comes before D30. Is this D25?! If you've been following this thread, D25 was originally a suggestion for a mission where you fly in a banshee and blow up the T&R. There were several suggestions, but the most prominent ones involved a flight level since D20 ends with and D40 begins with a banshee. (At this point, people were just trying to guess what D30 was about).

The description says it's about getting the marines off Halo (none left behind, lol) and the image displayed is a shot of the ring. Will CMT finally be taking advantage of their sparrowhawk asset?

Also, why does the image for D30 look SO much like B30?

Halo CE General Discussion » Are first person cut-scenes possible? Sep 10, 2014 12:46 AM (Total replies: 16)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Quote: --- Original message by: GLaDOS
Yes.

"Scooters are for squirts"

...but they make for good easter eggs.

Time: Tue October 21, 2014 3:01 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website