A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: WWLinkMasterX
About Contact
Last Post: Yesterday @ 06:58 PM
Interests:
Your Age: Yes
What Games do you play:
we are made of memes...
Email: {hidden}
AIM: ... or not v
MSN IM: JonSki12@gmail.
Yahoo IM:

Post Statistics
WWLinkMasterX has contributed to 645 posts out of 436164 total posts (.15%) in 2,221 days (.29 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Yesterday @ 06:58 PM (Total replies: 10630)

Quote: --- Original message by: Navarro

If people want to find some way to abuse sprint, they're free to do so. Please don't nerf sprint so that it runs out quickly. Don't do it for the sake of balance. Spartan IIs are known for their preternatural stamina resulting from the augmentation process, and I think the gameplay should at least reflect that.
Edited by Navarro on Apr 26, 2015 at 01:19 PM

In a way it already does. I've been playing "Metro 2033" lately, which makes an effort to feel realistic. (The gas-mask and flashlight mechanics require you to switch out filters and recharge like every 5 minutes, it can be grueling). In that game, your default forward speed is as "walk" by Halo's standards and you have to hold down the "run" button to go the Chief's standard speed.

Cheif's standard ability to tank ridiculous amounts of damage (even without a shield!) and run indefinitely, are superhuman in and of themselves.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Apr 25, 2015 06:37 PM (Total replies: 10630)

Lodex's original point was that sprint could hurt the gameplay of a game that didn't take it into consideration, and I think he's absolutely right. I think if you could run through all of Halo's encounters without any difficulty it's would make the game way too easy.

But that's not realistic. There are enemies guarding exits, firefights, switches that open the way forward, and other objectives that must be me before you can proceed.

1) You could skip sections in the original campaign. The consequence were:
- They would run after you.
-"You make it past, just like you could in the stock game and risk not getting checkpoints for a while."

2) More open-word games make it practically a feature of skipping certain sections. People praised the original Silent Cartographer and then TSC:E for having multiple routes and optional encounters. Giving the player choices makes them feel like they're actually participating in the game as opposed to "taking a Disney tour on a rail car." It's a matter of preference.

Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
If you give people ANY POSSIBLE TOOL that can let them break immersion, in this case making it easier to skip sections, then they WILL do that.

3) Halo is about a bunch of outnumbered and outgunned humans trying survive the onslaught of alien empire on an ancient ring-world, by using guerrilla tactics.

Running away is warranted.

Could sprint ruin a game's gameplay? Sure. Will it ruin SPV3's? Probably not.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Apr 22, 2015 08:09 PM (Total replies: 10630)

Surprised no one's posted this yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIsgvb3Mz9s

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
That's kind of silly, since it means that an appearance changes with personality.
Edited by sparky on Apr 19, 2015 at 11:47 AM

Quote: This visual representation is chosen by the AI upon their creation and can be whatever they desire it to be.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Avatar

fighting marines instead of covenant.

and naked Cortana

oh boi...

Updated graphics and BSPs go without saying, but I'd also enjoy:

a10, The POA
This level has a lot of potential for gimmicks because it's: 1) In space 2) Supposed to be a tutorial level. I would definitely add a bunch of gimmicky things.

-Center the level around cooperation/support of your marines. In no other level will you be so surrounded by allied units, so that should factor into the gameplay. It's also a tutorial and you're fighting on your own turf, so it should be relatively easy.

-Wise players should be able to manipulate the environment to work for them through switches. This could include auto-turrets, unlocking weapons caches, calling in extra marines, or maybe even turning off the gravity.

-Vehicles and crates should be abundant but un-driveable. Combine an abundance of cargo, tight spaces, and the potential for low gravity, and you have a great recipe for improvised projectiles. That's using the environment wisely. The presence of unusable vehicles serves as a preview for what's to come.

I feel that pacing is important, and pacing across multiple levels in a campaign is different than for a stand-alone level. This applies to the ordered introduction of weapons, vehicles, and units.

a30, Halo
This level's iconic, but as the first "real" level in the campaign and with only like 3 BSPs, it could be greatly expanded upon.

-After the initial escape through the hills, instead of immediately regrouping with marines, I think it would be cooler to find them by foot. Once you get through the pass you could transition (via cave?) into a dense, open forest, like an alinear Sierra 117. There, the player would have freedom to go multiple ways in the forest looking for survivors. This gives the player the option of getting the drop on unsuspecting covenant, while also risking getting surprised themselves. Real guerrilla warfare in an improvised situation.

-Such a scenario is conducive to what a lot of fans want in their Halo, ambient wildlife. I've got this image in my mind of the chief sneaking up a ridge to see a thorn-beast grazing in a shallow pool below. Then, out of the forest comes a Brute-pack, spikers in hand, gunning down the defenseless titan. Such an encounter adds ambiance, characterizes the brutes, and foreshadows what they'll do to human prey in the Silent Cartographer.

-As mentioned, this also fits in with the rescuing of marines that's essential to the storyline. Another minor Idea I had was that the first vehicle you ever get should be a troop-hog (high occupancy). That way, rescuing marines has intrinsic value as each new marine adds to your otherwise unarmed hog's firepower. I suppose the idea of a regular jeep rolling through the jungle just sits well with me. One should be able to get a chain-hog later on of course, Pacing.

a50, Truth and Stuff
I feel this level is already pretty good for what it's meant to be. Perhaps:

-Make the initial outdoors BSP a little more "open" rather than so linear. The rocky-cliff landscape makes it easy to insert extra caves, pathways, and high ridges to get that ample sniping spot. Marine Paths may have to follow a single route, so alternate routes should compliment the main one.

-Maybe mix up the interior of the Truth and Reconciliation. There's potential for gravlift action I suppose.

-Some weapon adjustments ie: silent weapons (already being done), a covenant sniper (already being done)

b30, The Silent [Redacted]
Already been done. Only change I would make, if possible, is to make the underwater flora and fauna more colorful. Maybe throw some palm trees on the beach.

b40, Assault the Cont.
This is supposed to be Halo's premier vehicle level and I feel it should focus more on that. Every land vehicle should be available at some point and the level should just proceed as an assault. Marine-controlled vehicles where possible. The Interior sections should certainly be made less repetitive. The optional stealing of a banshee could also be more cleverly implemented to accompany the new BSPs.

c10, 343 Gui- ZOMBIES
This level also has a lot of potential a the jump-scare-rific introduction to the flood. Unit infections are a must and I like CMT's idea of flood forms retaining the gameplay-relevant traits of their hosts.

-Interiors should be less repetitive/have striking physical differences between rooms so it's less easy to get lost. That said, the "wrong turn" element in the original should be preserved, especially since it serves to artificially lengthen the level without any increase in file size.

-The outdoor section should be longer as this is 1) your only opportunity to fight flood alongside marines, and with marines at all, 2) a great opportunity to see some easy/gruesome flood infections 3) your introduction to fighting alongside sentinels, and 4) the swamp biome needs more love.

c20, The Library
People have been clamoring for a complete overhaul of this map, and with good reason. Everything should be redone with a central focus on two things: Flood and Forerunners.

-You are deep inside a vital Forerunner structure, so it should feel like it. The level should change and move with the player as you unlock doors, activate light-bridges, and ride complex elevators and/or grav-lifts. It should feel like you're traversing the inside of a puzzle-box as you move its pieces trying to unlock it.

-Combat of course should focus on the flood. While flood swarms are a staple and I feel they should return (in moderation), the shifty nature of the level should give ample opportunity for flood to jump out of unexpected places and surprise you. Sentinel-allies should also play a bigger role in the level seeing how they won't be allies for much longer.

-I also feel that the end of the level is the perfect time to introduce a new, "big" flood-form. A sort of melee-centric "boss" for the end of the level right before you get the index. Something I really like about the tank-forms in Halo 3 is that their "projectile" is to vomit fourth more infection forms. This would make an excellent unique-behavior for this "boss." Going with the theme of flood being based on their hosts, the large dumb thorn beast mentioned in a30 could make a perfect host for this flood form. Pacing!

c40, Two Betrayals
This is Halo's dedicated Banshee level and I feel that there should be more of an emphasis on aerial combat. The new BSP could be specifically made to accommodate this aerial combat too (assuming it's the same as in b40).

-Where flood were the focus of the last level, this one should focus on sentinels. Sentinels got the short-end of the stick in the original Halo, but they're a completely unique enemy type and are under-utilized. What's more, sentinels can fly which compliments this idea of aerial-centric combat.

-Once again, this seems like a good time to add a new sentinel (Pacing!). Given the open environment, a large anti-vehicle sentinel seems appropriate (like an enforcer, though I would prefer a different model). Its prime armament should be spartan-laser like weapon because 1) it's distinctly anti-vehicle and 2) such a weapon only canonically makes sense as a drop from a powerful forerunner unit. Of course, the unit's aim would have to be very poor, making it effective against large targets like wraiths and phantoms, but not smaller units. Getting said weapon seems like a worthy prize for defeating such a powerful enemy.

-As a short point, if armor abilities are included (as in SPV3) this would be a good level to have "EMP" be plentiful, as it goes with the game's storyline.

d20, Keyes
I like how this level was originally done, with all the additions I proposed it's mostly a matter of good population.

-Because you spend the exterior sections under a flood-controlled ship, it's the only level where it makes sense to have flood "drop-pods." It could make for some good jump scares.

-This also the most appropriate level to have "flood covered" geometry (inside the ship), which would be a nice unique aesthetic.

d40, The Maw
Eh, I don't know, just rehash everything done thus far. Maybe:

-Adjust the "maw-run" so that you have a few different options of what path to take. Some of those options could incorporate different vehicles, that is, only ghosts would be able to take some of them.

tl;dr
Make every level have a unique environment and focus, on a couple specific themes/mechanics.

Pacing.

Halo CE General Discussion » How can I play CE at school? Apr 13, 2015 07:38 PM (Total replies: 19)

Got a flash drive?

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Apr 10, 2015 04:21 PM (Total replies: 10630)

I don't think that's what he meant.

Quote: --- Original message by: The Kingx
I noticed that once you activate that hidden switch in the structure and complete the level, before going in the pelican if you go to that security tower thingy, you can activate the switch again to disable security... again. I havent noticed any differences. Is it a bug? Or is it just me?

I've noticed that before; it happens regardless of whether or not you hit the first hidden switch. It's activated by beating the map room.

If I recall correctly, this is just a glitch and was even present in the original Silent Cartographer.

But you can never be too sure...

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Apr 10, 2015 04:13 PM (Total replies: 10630)

Quote: --- Original message by: Josh

Alright, it's 12:30 pm, open up Halo ce, go to the multiplayer section,and find this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Dy3a4X3E7HdzgtU214OHl4Skk/view?usp=sharing

Only two servers showed up. Is anyone else having this problem?
Edited by Josh on Apr 10, 2015 at 03:35 PM

While this IS off topic, I just checked and I'm getting the same problem. Running version 1.10 with HAC 2 and version 1.09 with OS yields the same result.

Quote: Version 1.2 (03-16-2015):

- add missing credit for axial's contributions to the early days of the project
- add extra playerclip to reduce chance of clipping into cart interior brute war shrine
- add easter egg hints
- add better (not yet perfect) support for out-of-order backtracking among cartographer return paths
- fix double-spawning dropship door in post-cartographer cliffs area
- fix units taking damage when unloading from cliff dropship gravlift
- fix disappearing objects during map activation cutscene
- fix bug where map room hunters sometimes miss the elevator to the exit if they're still alive
- fix mysterious shredder crates w/ incorrect ammo counts; standardize to use 8 / 16 rounds
- fix bad offset of bounding sphere on c_storage_large
- fix bad offset of bounding sphere on c_regen_station
- fix bad bounding sphere radius on rock_boulder_large and medium
- fix another potential issue with interior sequence breaking
- fix assorted extraneous objects floating around in the map when they shouldn't be
- fix marines going braindead +/ freezing across bsp switches when riding some wraith wings
- fix hunters shooting during cart activation cutscene
- fix mysterious floating lights on player's leg in first-person when shredder is their secondary weapon
- fix footpath return units sometimes missing their spawn
- fix zealot potentially going permanently braindead on lightbridge

Anyone found this yet?

Quote: --- Original message by: Moki
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXID-NFobCA 32:27 - When he flies down with the warthog.
See that purple-pink covenant barrier next to the bottom-walls of this construction? Press your face into these bottom-walls and walk around until you find it. It's hard to miss that way. Basically, it's in the shadowed area. Sorry if I explain badly. It's not my strongest ability in English.

Thanks a bunch, I just found it! (Earlier I thought you meant the cartographer entrance hence my inability to find it). Makes sense though, up till now, no one's found any easter egg in that particular section of the map.

Also note: I rushed to this location first opportunity on normal difficulty. This means you can find this switch (presumably) on any difficulty at any point in the level. Someone should definitely try pressing it while on Noble though.

Also, I've snooped around, and haven't found any switches in the walls in:
-The structure at the beginning of the level (with the disabled elevator).
-The outer entrance to the cartographer.

Happy hunting.

Quote: --- Original message by: Moki

I've been watching this thread ever since it was created, and decided to make an account today to post a secret that I don't think anyone else has found so far. I've not invested much time in finding other pieces of it, so I thought the process would be speeded a bit if I posted it in here for you secret-hunters.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=411170518
Sorry for the hyperlinking. I always play it through Steam with overlay on.

Now, you are probably wondering where the hell this is. You know the place where in the end-cutscene of TSC; the pelican arrives to a weird little platform that almost resembles an Y, where in the original map - there would be two Hunters defending? Well, go up to this structure - and press your face into the walls of it like Doomguy and B.J did in the old gaming era. I found this on a real accident and I screamed when it said "Press E to activate". Basically, I was wondering how you are able to open those doors that are locked - because there is something in them if you look through the glass. The mapping in it looks alot more different than the other locked doors in the bases. That's where I found this - in huge euphoria. Maybe it's connected to the doors!

I found this switch on the end of the mission, and when you must board the Pelican. I tried searching around for changes when I activated this switch, but found nothing. There must be more of these. I fear that it might be a real chore to push your face into every wall to find them, though.

Y'all can thank me later.
Edited by Moki on Mar 27, 2015 at 01:34 PM

You want to give a more specific tutorial than that? That picture gives me no idea of where that wall is on the structure.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Mar 25, 2015 07:07 PM (Total replies: 945)

Quote: --- Original message by: Nickster5000
ARRRGGGGGG, ME LAD! PICK YOUR BEST SHIP IN YOUR FLEET, AND WE WILL SAIL THE SEVEN SEAS TOGETHER TO CLAIM WHAT IS OURS!!!

I don't understand why you keep saying that, it's a free game.

All you have to do is fiddle with the menu buttons until you get the game to work.

... or learn Russian.

ni eta ochen trudnoi.

Halo CE General Discussion » Opensauce Portable Mar 24, 2015 12:49 PM (Total replies: 20)

It looks to be the same one he/she/xe/it posted last time.

Went looking for the Chief heads again today. Didn't find them in there usual spots on normal, legendary, or noble difficulties.

I wonder if they've been removed or hidden....

Halo CE General Discussion » Opensauce Portable Mar 23, 2015 05:45 PM (Total replies: 20)

Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
Why couldn't you install it normally again?

He probably want to play it at school/friend's houses/computers he doesn't have administrator privileges on/etc.

Halo CE General Discussion » hey. starfux i quit. Mar 18, 2015 01:33 AM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: Destroyer 50

does anyone here know what it feels like to be hated be everyone
picked on all the time bullyed all the time being home alone nearly everyday every year loseing your sanity
has anyone here been scared of everything hu
being called mental just becuase your diffrent
teachers being happy getting me sent home away from other people being used so people can get money

noone i bet has these troubles

New discovery: In this latest release, the Chief-heads no longer spawn on normal difficulty. Assuming this is a conscious change, the heads are probably important (I'm thinking switches for Noble difficulty).

Also, I've mentioned the addition of the christmas grunts featured in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRpO3XqM_I8
I'll tell you there hidden inside a vent, but you'll have to find them yourself.

Brute Shot: To get this you must first get on top of the cliffs surrounding the path up to the Brute-swamp. This can be accomplished a variety of ways, though I prefer to use a ghost: Staring from the cartographer BSP, get on the cliffs as you would to get the plasma gold pistol. instead of falling on the bridge, try to boost onto the ledge in the direction of the path to the security room. From there, stay high on the ledge and follow it up until you near the Brute-swamp. Use boosts as necessary and get to the other ledge (the one closest to the sea). Approach the sea and there should be an obvious path leading downward. If you don't see the path, backtrack a bit until the BSP switches. You could try following the path but, that would require making a large jump once you reached the end. Instead, stay above the path looking down. You should see a ledge with the brute-shot Keyes-head. Slowly approach the ledge you're standing on, and drop down to the gun. You will take fall damage but it won't kill you. There is no non-cheating way to get back. Luckily, upon picking up the gun you get teleported back into the level. Don't bring anything you don't want to lose.

Spiker: This one's easy. In the caves section, after you clear all the enemies, look for a large collection of crates and barricades right beside a large rock in the middle of the path. The spiker is hidden behind there. Don't get your hopes up though.

Fuel Rod: Beat the Brute Chieftain on "fun mode." Anyone playing "fun mode" would have to be blind to miss it.

Halo 1 Pistol: Find this v

Just found the Christmas grunts. These were definitely not in the the first two releases.

EDIT:

Quote: --- Original message by: xnx

Quote: --- Original message by: RabbitFood

Is this a bad time to mention that the DMR can one-shot Hunters?

Is it just the DMR? I noticed this too, but I'm beginning to think that all headshot weapons can one-shot a hunter if you hit them in the neck. IIRC I did it with the pistol, unless I'm remembering it wrong.

Edited by xnx on Mar 17, 2015 at 02:01 PM

I just sniped both a blue hunter and a black one in the neck on normal. They were fine, one-shots only happen in Noble.

Quote: - add easter egg hints

Anybody found the hints yet? :P
Edited by WWLinkMasterX on Mar 17, 2015 at 09:23 PM

Time: Mon April 27, 2015 4:56 AM 157 ms.
A Halo Maps Website