A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Masters1337
About Contact
Last Post: Today @ 05:22 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 25
What Games do you play: Halo, Gears of War, Infinity Blade, Nothing else
halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Post Statistics
Masters1337 has contributed to 5707 posts out of 462221 total posts (1.23%) in 4,070 days (1.40 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Give us the tags. No need to finish them.

Halo CE General Discussion » Money Yesterday @ 09:10 PM (Total replies: 38)

Go ahead and do it if you have nothing to lose and don't care about the consequences. Then people can stop wasting time in this thread.

What does the Halo 4 campaign have?

Edit: what garbage is this? You don't even have the bipeds in this. That said, decent work with the sound and HUD I guess.

Edit2: Lol AOTCR freezes at the bridge.
Edited by Masters1337 on Apr 24, 2017 at 09:26 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Maximum Halo Script File (.hsc) Size in bytes Apr 20, 2017 07:59 PM (Total replies: 16)

here is the hsc for SPV3 B30:e. adding a few extra lines to it even if commented out will result in sapien not be able to read it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iv4maeep9vbgiqe/spv3_b30_evolved.hsc?dl=0

Quote: --- Original message by: fearlesswee

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Stop ruining spirals thread. Use DIAC instead.

I only tried to contribute to this thread, and then I got attacked because a certain somebody gets triggered over the sight of TF2 characters. But to be fair, I should have just shrugged them off at the start. Thanks for talking some sense into me.

I should make up for being cancer by contributing something right now to try and heal this thread.... erm.... ooh! Look at this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=himSOWVxzWI

It would be nice to have AI weapon swapping implemented in Heretic Hunt. It would make allies instantly 100% more useful, as you

A: No longer need to kill them for weapons you want, and

B: You can give them more useful weapons, such as fuel-rod guns.

Edited by fearlesswee on Apr 19, 2017 at 09:14 PM

AI weapons swapping isn't something that's possible, and the mechanic of it being good is debatable too.

Halo CE General Discussion » video of shooting (halo) Apr 18, 2017 07:50 PM (Total replies: 3)

*post deleted by admin for rules violation
READ THE RULES:
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=2979

Bypassed profanity filter
Edited by Dennis on Apr 18, 2017 at 10:35 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Maximum Halo Script File (.hsc) Size in bytes Apr 18, 2017 08:43 AM (Total replies: 16)

I have a few that are so large I have to remove comments in order to get sapien to read them. I can send them over to you if you wish.

Halo CE General Discussion » Modern Halo UI.map [WIP] Apr 17, 2017 09:58 AM (Total replies: 110)

There isn't a new CMT campaign after SPV3. Eventually there will be another campaign by people who worked on SPV3, but it won't be from CMT, and that will likely be stand alone just as SPV3 now is from the main game.

Halo CE General Discussion » Marine Variant Ideas Apr 14, 2017 08:25 AM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: theshadow0222

To people defending my idea, I will say thanks, but I am actually interested in criticism of the idea as much as I am for ways to improve it, so don't attack Masters so much.
Edited by theshadow0222 on Apr 14, 2017 at 08:13 AM

Unfortunately, I don't have any good answers as to how to improve it.

We obviously do have AI that use human weapons in SPV3.1, including some jackals who use the DMR/BR, AR, and sniper. We designed a glint system for the sniper rifle so you can see when enemies are looking down their sights, but the DMR/BR and AR ranks are used sparingly and always in conjunction with traditional covenant weapons which have their own unique properties as well. We do have the luxury of being able to modify these weapons to not be so effective vs the players shield as other weapons can eat through the players shield, much like the shredder works in the other maps.

While we do include these, I wouldn't put them up there with our best ideas. Unfortunately being such a long campaign, we do need to mix things up to keep things interesting, even if interesting doesn't always mean using the best ideas. All the enemy human weapon stuff is being dropped for the next project (current codename Oddball) and will be dropping all instantaneous weapons other than the particle carbine from enemy hands.
They both focus on your ability to memorize patterns, and how good your combat skill is. SP makes combat less difficult because you can memorize patterns better than you could in multiplayer, players are more difficult and unpredictable to fight against than ai. In both scenarios the player will be using the map and their raw combat skill above all, just in different ways.

Quote: --- Original message by: JadeRifter
They both focus on your ability to memorize patterns, and how good your combat skill is. SP makes combat less difficult because you can memorize patterns better than you could in multiplayer, players are more difficult and unpredictable to fight against than ai. In both scenarios the player will be using the map and their raw combat skill above all, just in different ways.

I tested this out and threw together a map where I was fighting marines, the result was similar to the way I fight covenant in that I use the map and my skill to eliminate them. It was actually kind of fun.

Like I said, some variety would be nice now and then, I've fought the default enemies countless times now. I'm not ready to criticize a potentially fun idea that hasn't even been executed yet.

Perhaps it be helpful if you posted this? I don't really see your assessment being accurate, as having enemies with bullets that travel the same speed, do the sameish damage per material, behave the same,and visually can not be distinguished from one another being inherently more frustrating and less engaging.

You should always be looking to criticize ideas, even your own. Nothing good ever came from saying yes to the first ideas that you come up with.
Edited by Masters1337 on Apr 14, 2017 at 08:33 AM
Edited by Masters1337 on Apr 14, 2017 at 08:34 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Apr 14, 2017 07:47 AM (Total replies: 81)

You do have the civilians from the storm.

You should be able to get rid of all evolved tags if you want to use the SPV3 ones, the two are using totally different damage values so you can't really mix and match them.

Also as far as HUD goes... it looks more grey than tan, which blends in with the environment a tad too well. I know it's a pain, but I think things would be much better if you chose a new color.

Halo CE General Discussion » Marine Variant Ideas Apr 14, 2017 07:44 AM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337

From a plot perspective, yes, but how so from a gameplay perspective? Other than it not being done before and therefore being poorly set up for in any halo game ever.

It's really simple. You can see and dodge covenant weapons. You can't against weapons that are nearly instantaneous. Ask yourself if you've ever had a good fight against a flood using human weapons, or covenant using carbines and beam rifles. Or even worse the prometheans in H5 who use human weapons.

Sure you could edit it so that the humans use weapons that fire some modified projectile that changes into a standard gun when they die... but that would be so silly and in the end you'd just have covenant weapons being held by less interesting enemies.

Probably the biggest indication that you've never played Halo multiplayer, where human weapon starts are a thing. Readability in a firefight is definately something to take into consideration but playing versus AI with human weapons doesn't destroy gameplay as much as you're saying. Beyond that, you don't have to follow halo's design ideologies to the letter because quite frankly theres a fair amount of subjectivity with that in of itself. If somebody wants to do something silly? Let them. It's not hurting anyone, and could potentially become a lot of fun in a unique way if handled right.

Quote: --- Original message by: JadeRifter

From a plot perspective, yes, but how so from a gameplay perspective? Other than it not being done before and therefore being poorly set up for in any halo game ever.
Edited by theshadow0222 on Apr 12, 2017 at 06:34 PM

It's really simple. You can see and dodge covenant weapons. You can't against weapons that are nearly instantaneous. Ask yourself if you've ever had a good fight against a flood using human weapons, or covenant using carbines and beam rifles. Or even worse the prometheans in H5 who use human weapons.

Sure you could edit it so that the humans use weapons that fire some modified projectile that changes into a standard gun when they die... but that would be so silly and in the end you'd just have covenant weapons being held by less interesting enemies.

Quote: --- Original message by: Banshee64
Your first mistake is planning on fighting humans. It goes against all of halos design principals
and putting brutes everywhere is a good halo design principal

Tell me more! Like really. What do you think we could do to improve the brutes.
Edited by Masters1337 on Apr 13, 2017 at 10:22 PM

That doesn't make a lick of sense. I'm fighting against people using human weapons all of the time in multiplayer. If op wants to make a map where you fight humans, I say go for it. I've only fought the covenant a bajillion times.

The difference between MP and SP is that in MP the focus is map control and accuracy with your weapons more so than SP, which is more a puzzle of how to react to each enemy and their weapons. An encounter with AI isn't a calculated fight to who can land 3 or 4 shots to the head or secure power weapons.

If the OP wants to go and do this he is welcome to. I don't think it's a good idea. It's up to him if he values my opinion. Ask yourself.

Would the original Halo play better or worse if all projectiles went at the same speed as the plasma rifle?
What if they traveled even faster?
What would be the effects on gameplay?
Has the OP set up a prototype map to test his ideas before committing to his ideas in a full campaign?

It's important to be critical of your own ideas and others and realize when they suck or don't work well enough to keep. I do it all the time, hence the scrapping of the SPV3 tagset once the project is done as it has to many flaws in it to keep using it. This isn't just fan projects it's official games as well. Learn from others flaws and mistakes and don't recreate them because the concept sounds cool. If you are going to do something radically different, prototype, plan it, and don't get too attached to it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Modern Halo UI.map [WIP] Apr 13, 2017 10:34 PM (Total replies: 110)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
Is Open Sauce required for the Modern Halo ui.map?

No, OS can't be used on ui maps afaik.

I've built plenty of UI.yelo files.

yeah, I've done it now too. Korn must have changed it in 4.0

It seems temperamental though, If you have a .yelo and then remove it the game will freeze and you have to add it back to get it to boot to the regular one.

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
CMT's done it again lads.

They've swallowed up yet another project. >:V

UUI started as a project for CMT in it's initial concept but Moose and I agreed it be best to include all maps and campaigns in it. The reason it is being done for SPV3.1 first is because we need it first, and everything that needs to be done for SPV3.1's UI will need to be done for the next UUI anyway. Even if we prioritized UUI over SPV3.1, it would come out at the same date.
Edited by Masters1337 on Apr 13, 2017 at 10:36 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Marine Variant Ideas Apr 13, 2017 10:22 PM (Total replies: 19)

Edited by theshadow0222 on Apr 12, 2017 at 06:34 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: Banshee64
Your first mistake is planning on fighting humans. It goes against all of halos design principals
and putting brutes everywhere is a good halo design principal

Tell me more! Like really. What do you think we could do to improve the brutes.
Edited by Masters1337 on Apr 13, 2017 at 10:22 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Modern Halo UI.map [WIP] Apr 13, 2017 09:29 AM (Total replies: 110)

The UI is being built right now for SPV3.1, and then will de adapted to support other maps.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Apr 13, 2017 09:28 AM (Total replies: 81)

you should get some of those Reach civilians in there too ;).

Halo CE General Discussion » Marine Variant Ideas Apr 12, 2017 06:00 PM (Total replies: 19)

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Apr 12, 2017 01:57 PM (Total replies: 81)

Played a bit and encountered some weird errors.

Jackals seem to be using wrong collision and actor variant, they also seem to fire way quicker than they should.
AR is still 50 rounds

I'll edit and add more as I encounter problems.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Apr 7, 2017 06:24 PM (Total replies: 81)

anyone else get an exception on load?

Halo CE General Discussion » HMU 4/2/17 - We're finally back Apr 7, 2017 05:41 AM (Total replies: 14)

nice cool matt update

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Halonimator's modified CMT tagset [Q&A] Apr 4, 2017 06:02 AM (Total replies: 17)

Mostly sounds like he is just leaving what is already there, or at least reverting it back to a more classic interpretation of the weapons. Which the evolved tagset desperately needed anyway.

Are you aware that with your vehicle health system, players can just mash Q to keep their warthog alive before it explodes?

Time: Tue April 25, 2017 10:12 PM 266 ms.
A Halo Maps Website