A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: wilsonwilson1
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 1, 2011 07:21 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
AIM:
MSN IM:
Yahoo IM:

Post Statistics
wilsonwilson1 has contributed to 42 posts out of 470192 total posts (.01%) in 1,833 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Fake Lag Aug 1, 2011 07:21 PM (Total replies: 9)

Sry for the late response, but i was in vacation.

I will write the original valuables in (). I took the pistol.
Initial velocity: 10 (300)
Final velocity: 10 (300)
Air damage range: 0 to 10 (0 to 100)

The speed seems the same. And yes, it's supposed to be a map which i can post on halomaps.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Fake Lag Jul 15, 2011 08:09 AM (Total replies: 9)

Ok i changed it to low numbers, but it still seems normal. i compared the normal pistol with the modified pistol: nothing has changed, both bullets fly equal

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Fake Lag Jul 13, 2011 10:46 AM (Total replies: 9)

Hi people,

i want to ask if there is any possablilty to make a fake lag on a local server.
In other works, can i delay the bullets of weapons? The result of this delay should be a fake lag.
How do i do this?

Thx for help

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Encrypt protected maps Sep 18, 2009 09:49 AM (Total replies: 2)

Done i've sent you a pm

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Encrypt protected maps Sep 18, 2009 06:51 AM (Total replies: 2)

Hey,

some maps, how you know, are protected. And how can i get with HEK+ the map unprotected if there is a code i don't know. Or there is no code. How can i encrypt then? Or should i use another program?

Thx

(P.S. if that would work i would only use it for my own interests.)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Bitmap Extractor problems Jun 27, 2009 02:18 PM (Total replies: 8)

OK but how's the command for cmd to compile it as .bitmap?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Bitmap Extractor problems Jun 27, 2009 12:14 PM (Total replies: 8)

Sry but i haven't understood this.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Bitmap Extractor problems Jun 24, 2009 10:43 AM (Total replies: 8)

Ok ty it works fine.

But how can i replace a modified bitmap with the normal?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Bitmap Extractor problems Jun 22, 2009 03:09 PM (Total replies: 8)

Hey

i want to extract bitmap files into bmp or dds. So i maked (how it says in the description) a folder guerilla and then kornman00 and saved the .bitmap there. But the same error again. What to do and what i'm doing wrong?

Thx for help

P.S.: I maked the folder in the halo custome edition folder.
Edited by wilsonwilson1 on Jun 22, 2009 at 03:10 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » New sounds with kills May 30, 2009 05:21 PM (Total replies: 42)

@headhunter
yeah you're right. Thx for the info ;)
But one problem i have: One (or maybe some more .sound tags) doesn't work correctly if i click play. It sounds only the half of that one (and yeah... it's a short one)

@uneventelefant
no i don't.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » New sounds with kills May 25, 2009 12:52 PM (Total replies: 42)

Yes it is the one from halo maps.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » New sounds with kills May 25, 2009 12:27 PM (Total replies: 42)

With the wav. to .sound converter.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » New sounds with kills May 25, 2009 12:18 PM (Total replies: 42)

But i can't use it. I converted it (the .wav to .sound) and then i opened it in guerilla. In permutation, i added something (like in the other .sound tags). I can change nothing there. What i'm doing wrong (If i click on play nothing happens)?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » New sounds with kills May 24, 2009 02:52 PM (Total replies: 42)

Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
No. You can't. To do that, the engine must detect the event. Then, you have to have an event handler handle that event. However, the engine was written 6 years ago, so you can't create new events.

Hmm... I don't really know, but i think it detects it. Everytime if someone gets a headshot, he spins. So somebody can know he has a headshot. So i don't know if the engine does know it or not

Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
As for converting a .wav to a .sound, it requires no scripting. For some reason, whenever people hit the unknown, they assume that it requires scripts. It's a tool command, which I don't have the syntax of now. There is a sound converter on Halomaps. It's called Halo CE Sound Converter.

Can i only convert the .wav to .sound tag with this converter? And then use it?
Edited by wilsonwilson1 on May 24, 2009 at 03:00 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » New sounds with kills May 23, 2009 02:37 PM (Total replies: 42)

But can i do it like this: If someone has e.g. 2 kills in 2 seconds then he say "2 kills in 2 seconds. excelent" (stolen by quake III ;D)?
And how to write the script if i converted the .wav to .sound?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » New sounds with kills May 23, 2009 02:12 PM (Total replies: 42)

I found that with the globals.globals. But i think it must be possible.
1. I can add new things in String list editor. So it must be possible (or not).
2. I can make a new .sound in guerilla. The only problem is, i can't insert things.

So it can or can't be. I need a proof that this can't work.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » New sounds with kills May 23, 2009 12:55 PM (Total replies: 42)

hmmm... in the globals.globals, where can i change these sounds?
And yes... in the multiplayer_game_text.unicode_string_list i can change and add things. But there are anywhere sounds to these things. You said in the globals.globals. So there should be a way to add sounds to these things.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » New sounds with kills May 22, 2009 03:17 PM (Total replies: 42)

Quote: --- Original message by: Polamee

Not necessarily. If the sounds is all you're changing, not the text, then String List Editor has nothing to do with it. Be specific. Do you want to add new sounds that they did not have in the original game (i.e saying 'Assassination' when you assassinate someone), or modifying existing sounds?

I want to add new sounds and new text. How to do then? And which programs could i use then?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » New sounds with kills May 22, 2009 09:02 AM (Total replies: 42)

Hey

I want to add some things like "humiliation". I don't know how i can make it, that he knows when he must say it. And i want to add a sound to that. How to do that? The program with which i can change these things is Halo String List Editor, isn't it?

Thx for help

P.S. Say to me if that was unknowable

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Complex script order Apr 19, 2009 03:09 PM (Total replies: 33)

[script line 1] script type must be "startup", "dormant", "continuous", or "static".: dormant_weapon
recompiling scripts after scenarios were merged.
this left parenthesis is unmatched.: (script dormant_weapon

Now this appears. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I'm sure I did all what you've said.

Time: Wed April 16, 2014 9:04 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website