A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: goye2cz
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 1, 2012 04:11 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
I'ma shoot it in the head. Cuz thas how I roll.

Post Statistics
goye2cz has contributed to 69 posts out of 467787 total posts (.01%) in 4,664 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Mercury Falling Release Jan 1, 2012 04:11 AM (Total replies: 10)

Mercury Falling has been released. It is available here: http://realworldce.com/maps/mercury-falling/ and it is also on halomaps: http://hce.halomaps.org/?pg=3&fid=6216

Here's a little screeny incase some don't remember which map this is. ;)

More info on the map here: http://mercuryfalling.bramofon.com

edit to include halomaps link
Edited by goye2cz on Jan 1, 2012 at 06:43 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Mercury Falling Public Beta Dec 30, 2011 01:14 PM (Total replies: 42)

I don't know about all that but, we have a teaser video for the map. Release date is still January 1st, 2012.

About the video, I don't know what's going on with the lighting, it looks much better in game, but then I didn't make the video so... o_o
http://youtu.be/ZR9jzY198WQ

I'm told we'll have a much more exciting video with gameplay after the release, but this is just to give you a little something. :)

Halo CE General Discussion » Mercury Falling Public Beta Dec 23, 2011 02:16 AM (Total replies: 42)

Well, it seems people will actually be spending time with their families this holiday season so that messes up my release date. The BSP is at the final build. I just need some final testing to confirm that then it's package and ship. I'm going to call the release date January 1st, 2012.

I've been trying to get past some portal errors. I still have a couple known errors but I don't think they affect anything in the stock version of Halo. Now, if you run some app that enhances your field of view, then junk starts disappearing. That's a bummer but I'm not so sure it's something worth the time it would take to fix it. It's not a huge thing anyway.

I have the cinematic version complete and I'm waiting for my videographer to produce the cinematic trailer for us. I will have him post the link here when it's ready.

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria: Episode Two. Dec 12, 2011 06:05 PM (Total replies: 1793)

*post deleted by admin for rules violation
READ THE RULES:
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=2979

Bypassed profanity filter
Edited by Dennis on Dec 13, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Mercury Falling Public Beta Aug 22, 2011 04:43 PM (Total replies: 42)

Wolfy seems to be defending me like a mother wenguin.

Anyway, yes, the map will be released and if pressed to state a date, I will say Christmas 2011. I really think it will be sooner but you know, life happens, and I know I will have a bit of free time around Christmas this year.

But yes, new screens are available for your perusal. http://mercuryfalling.bramofon.com/web/

CBA to post them here. It's getting late. Possibly an edit to this post tomorrow so you can actually see them from the comfort of your own halomaps lay-z-boi. :)

Halo CE General Discussion » Mercury Falling Public Beta Aug 19, 2011 05:33 PM (Total replies: 42)

The short story is: I got sick of windows.

Anyway, I'm back in business and I've done away with a whole butt load of glitches and ugliness. The map is back on track and will be released sooner than anyone expects. If you guessed that it will never be released, you will be one of the few surprised. :) Check out the progress at: http://mercuryfalling.bramofon.com/web/

Really all that's left to do is work out a few minor texturing details and some leet lightmaps and I'm golden.

Dare to begin to believe.

(edit because I was too dumb to get the link right the first time.)
Edited by goye2cz on Aug 19, 2011 at 05:34 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Mercury Falling Public Beta Jun 29, 2011 03:01 PM (Total replies: 42)

Thank you all for your interest in the map project. Someone just pm'd me to ask if I'm still alive. LMAO

To keep up to date with the latest of the map, check out the web link I posted in my original comment. It's true that there hasn't been any progress for several months. All of a sudden a horrible glitch appeared that ruins gameplay in almost the whole map. It could be related to other errors but I suspect that 3ds may have ruined an important file. I do have working versions of the map that you can see in the pictures, but a Wolf has done some great detail texturing work that I hope can be saved.

Thanks for your interest. Stay thirsty my friends.

Halo CE General Discussion » Mercury Falling Public Beta Feb 14, 2011 04:09 PM (Total replies: 42)

Both maps are focused on a Forerunner-esque structure theme. In that way you could say they're similar, but that's pretty much it. If you really want to compare to something that's similar, you could note that my map was inspired by pre-release screens of Revelations. My map doesn't have as much model detail but the basic theme is there. Just sayin'. :)

Edit to thank all for the positive comments. I hope to release the map very soon.
Edited by goye2cz on Feb 14, 2011 at 04:10 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Mercury Falling Public Beta Feb 14, 2011 10:45 AM (Total replies: 42)

I'd like to announce that a map I've been working on for some time now is in the Public Beta stage. Mercury Falling is the name and I've made a website with some pictures right here: http://mercuryfalling.bramofon.com

Here are a few teaser shots (full-res can be found at the website):

I abandoned the project several times and finally decided to finish it. There are a few model things that should have been fixed by a fresh start but I really need to get this project off my desk and I'd rather not let this drag on another year. That said, I'm happy with the project and looking forward to releasing it.

Crit and advice welcome, but please understand that any major redesign is out of the question.

Halo CE General Discussion » Single/Multi player contest thread Feb 13, 2011 04:26 PM (Total replies: 76)

Hmmm... I wonder if Snowy would qualify (dis hyar's Skilit)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Need some help with playerclip Jan 7, 2011 12:10 PM (Total replies: 10)

I'll have to check my shader and see if it's environmental, I'm pretty sure it is though.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Need some help with playerclip Jan 7, 2011 07:40 AM (Total replies: 10)

Quote: --- Original message by: Juan
Simple.

1) Detach the grated floor creating a new object.
2) Make a copy of that object using clone.
3) Apply this material to the original. "example_tutorial_playerclip*"
4) Apply this material to the copy. "nameofshader!"
5) Export.
6) Compile the bsp.
7) Make sure the shader is not a environment shader because it does not allow 2-sided materials, and check the flag that says two-sided in the shader tag.
8.) Run radiosity.
9) Compile the map.
10) Profit?

But if you make it "nameofshader%!" wouldn't it also work? I use an environmental shader in my map for 2 sided planes on a catwalk.

Thanks for your reply. I suppose one thing I should have tried but have not is to build another map and test the flashlight to see if maybe it's the flashlight itself that's gotten fubar. I've never seen another tag do this and I tried googling the whole thing but came up with nothing. I'll keep an eye out though.

About the bump, Yes, I think it's too deep and too sharp. I'm still tweaking it and learning. It's actually made from a picture I took of the desert in Nevada. I have seen snow like that and I have seen flashlight effects on snow that look that extreme, but I agree, it doesn't look quite right in game.Thanks for the comments, it's good to have feedback.

*UPDATE*

The flashlight flicker is gone but the particle is still there. I reinstalled HEK and that did the trick. I have learned my taggy lesson.
Edited by goye2cz on Jan 7, 2011 at 12:12 PM

**FURTHER UPDATE**

It was totally ripped tags causing my problem. I had another error in 3ds which I never quite figured out but I fixed it by exporting my map and then importing it to a new file. Funny thing is, after doing that the other errors disappeared. I'm at a loss as to how this happened but I'm quite happy with the results. Any insight?
Edited by goye2cz on Jan 11, 2011 at 04:16 PM

I have a map near completion that I've been working on for a few years. There are a few glitches I'd like to remove before releasing it. The ones I mention now I am pretty sure are all related.

1) The flashlight flickers (sometimes). The vehicle headlights sometimes flicker while driving but the flashlight can flicker while standing still. It doesn't seem to matter what texture I have it pointed at, but the snow is where it's best seen. It is more likely to happen in some parts of the map than others. Here's a video:

http://www.xfire.com/video/3e84cc/

2) Particles momentarily disappear. Warthog snow kickup and the falling snow seem to flicker on and off while driving. While standing in some places looking a specific direction, the snow will disappear.

What I've done to try and fix these problems:
Removed all custom vehicles
Removed all tool errors
Applied exact portals everywhere possible
Tried to add portals to the map but was unsuccessful
Removed most phantom bsp's and I can't find any that affect gameplay

Please let me know if you have any insight. Thx

Halo CE General Discussion » Mongoose Point and Mudwinder Dec 29, 2009 07:20 AM (Total replies: 25)

Appreciate your work Matooba. It brings a lot of beauty to this game. Looking forward to those orignal tags. ;)

Halo CE General Discussion » Mongoose Point and Mudwinder Dec 27, 2009 05:38 AM (Total replies: 25)

Very nice work on the goose. Question though: Is there any way to make the driver lean into the turn when you steer? Maybe this isn't possible. I'm no expert on that but I'd love to see it. It's just not natural when you think about driving an atv or motorcycle, you want to lean INto the turn, not toward the outside.

I'd also love to see some sweet snow skins for this thing. I'm working on a map I plan on using the goose in and if they aren't available by the time I get to that stage, I may work a bit on it.

Thanks for sharing the tags, they are wonderful.

p.s. I'm not so happy with the engine sound. I wish there were an atv around here I could record and do something about that. If I find anything I'll be sure and share it. And the horn... wtf? lol

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Rock problem May 14, 2009 01:48 AM (Total replies: 9)

That's another interesting theory but... it's a standard tag with HEK that seems to work fine in other maps. As said before, it's only when vehicles are enabled. I do have one custom vehicle tag ripped from another map, the Specter, I'm going to experiment removing that later.

Keep the ideas coming. Maybe we'll hit on something. ;)

UPDATE:

I just made another build of my map without the Specter and the glitchiness of the rocks is gone. Hmm... what could it be in that tag causing this mess?
Edited by goye2cz on May 14, 2009 at 03:06 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Rock problem May 13, 2009 05:17 PM (Total replies: 9)

UPDATE:

I tried a gametype without vehicles and the glitching was gone. Weird eh?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Rock problem May 12, 2009 02:10 AM (Total replies: 9)

Interesting theory, there may be something to it but, I'm not the only one this happens to. I play with graphics low all the time. Interesting that it would be the rocks that are too fancy. None of the vehicles, not the trees, not the model, just the simple rocks. Also, this doesn't happen if I try the map locally, only if I try it on a LAN or internet server.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sound permutations help... May 11, 2009 03:59 PM (Total replies: 2)

thanks, but yeah, i guess it's that big. Don't know why the permutations wouldn't work. I'm pretty sure I've followed the tuts to the letter. Any more ideas?

Time: Thu December 13, 2018 2:07 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website