A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: MoDBear
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 25, 2010 07:56 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 16
What Games do you play: Halo, Halo CE, and Halo 2
Campers beware of bear
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
MoDBear has contributed to 15 posts out of 469347 total posts (0.00%) in 3,816 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Map won't show up in sapien Jul 25, 2010 07:56 PM (Total replies: 3)

I got that part do you know what it has to do with radiosity like what I need to do for it to work.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Map won't show up in sapien Jul 25, 2010 05:43 AM (Total replies: 3)

After I made my map in gmax and went through the steps with the command prompt. My map won't show up in Sapien. When I make the lightmaps in tool I get this message:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition>tool lightmaps levels\snipe
rwars\sniperwars sniperwars 0 0.9
Couldn't read map file './toolbeta.map'
i'm going to render debug lightmaps for sniperwars of levels\sniperwars\sniperwa
rs, and i'll stop when red+blue+green = 0.900000.
Hit control-c now if this isn't right.
WARNING: 1 clusters in structure_bsp levels\sniperwars\sniperwars have no backgr
ound sound or sound environment.
start levels\sniperwars\sniperwars
EAX: 0xFFFFFFFE
EBX: 0x07813401
ECX: 0x0012F2E8
EDX: 0x000002CC
EDI: 0x0012F2E8
ESI: 0x00000000
EBP: 0x0012F1C0
ESP: 0x0012F1B0
EIP: 0x76FA9A94, C3 8D A4 24 ?????
EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\structures\radiosity\intermediate_radios
ity.c,#936: incoming_edge_uv0: assert_valid_real_point2d(-1.#IND00, -1.#IND00)

The part I highlighted is what's telling me is wrong but I don't know what it means.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Can't link skybox to frame Jul 23, 2010 04:55 AM (Total replies: 6)

Thanks for your help. I thought the halo community was full of helpful people. You're not listening I did what you said twenty times yet it won't show the skybox at all.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Can't link skybox to frame Jul 23, 2010 01:52 AM (Total replies: 6)

the last box is the frame, like say I went and used the click and drag from my skybox to the frame then I check the subtree and it will only show the frame. I know that you can't do this but I tried anyway and I used the drag and link from the frame to the skybox and it only showed the skybox on the display box and I'm using gmax 1.2

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Can't link skybox to frame Jul 23, 2010 12:27 AM (Total replies: 6)

I'm all done with my map but I can't link it to the frame. When I try to link I look at the select by name and it will only show the last box I went to when linking.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » .jms file won't show up Jul 15, 2010 08:37 PM (Total replies: 4)

I was running Windows Vista I figured it out I just had to click show compatible files in my windows explorer and then open it from there into word pad if anyone else starts having this problem.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Tool won't make the scenario file. Jul 14, 2010 08:54 PM (Total replies: 2)

I got the model all set up but when I run tool to make the scenario it doesn't make it. This is what the Tool says:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition>tool structure levels\beginner beginner
ner beginner
Couldn't read map file './toolbeta.map'
building intermediate geometry...
building collision geometry...
reducing collision geometry...
building collision bsp...
### ERROR couldn't build bsp because of over lapping
### ERROR couldn't build bsp2d.
### ERROR couldn't build leaf.
### ERROR failed to import collision bsp.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » .jms file won't show up Jul 14, 2010 05:31 PM (Total replies: 4)

I'm trying to make a map and I am following a tutorial. The tutorial says that I must delete part of the jms file that I made using wordpad, but when I try to edit it the file won't show up. It doesn't even show up on windows explorer. When I open grablistener though it shows that it is there. Does anyone have a solution?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Maps I make keep exceptioning me out Aug 18, 2009 07:58 PM (Total replies: 12)

I figured it out it was just that I didn't put enough vehicles on the list for globals all is good now

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Maps I make keep exceptioning me out Aug 18, 2009 03:14 PM (Total replies: 12)

I feel really stupid I didn't know you had to have an exact amount of vehicles on the list thank you

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Maps I make keep exceptioning me out Aug 18, 2009 02:41 PM (Total replies: 12)

ya it doesn't give me any errors

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Maps I make keep exceptioning me out Aug 18, 2009 02:12 PM (Total replies: 12)

Every time I go into a map and add different vehicles to it when I try playing it it exceptions me out. I change my globals.globals file to let the vehicles spawn so that's not the problem. I've reinstalled Halo Editing Kit twice now the first time it let me change a few maps but then went back to the problem now it's doing it right away. Any ideas?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Putting a picture in a CE Map Apr 14, 2009 12:25 AM (Total replies: 11)

I can't find anything about it in the tutorial and no one posted this before but when I meant elaborate I meant like what programs for each step lol and what buttons sorry

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Putting a picture in a CE Map Apr 13, 2009 10:19 PM (Total replies: 11)

thanks but could you elaborate a little more lol

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Putting a picture in a CE Map Apr 13, 2009 08:45 PM (Total replies: 11)

How do I put a Jpeg or any other kind of picture file in to a map. I don't know if anyone has already asked this or not, if so can you either send me the link to that page or just say the same thing. Thanks

Time: Mon September 23, 2019 9:01 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website