A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: D3C3P7I0N
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 30, 2009 05:46 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo PC, Halo CE, Halo 1(xbox), Halo 2(xbox)... etc. (TOAD FROM MARIO RULES!!!)
Taste my 'NOOB POWER!!!'
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
D3C3P7I0N has contributed to 9 posts out of 469343 total posts (0.00%) in 3,810 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Map #2... doesn't work :( Sep 30, 2009 05:46 PM (Total replies: 7)

Not to sound like an amateur... (this is my second map if you didn't notice the name), but i have absolutely no idea how to make the shaders before hand. If you, or anyone else, knows how or knows a tutorial that explains how please tell/post link about it.

Thanks again

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Map #2... doesn't work :( Sep 29, 2009 11:05 PM (Total replies: 7)

All Right... I Changed the size of the picture, and that worked and allowed me to continue. But when I got to the part where I had to Create the scenario file (nameofmap.scenario) in tool i couldn't get it to work. It kept saying something about "choose the shaders or shading of your map (1-9)" I would choose a number (i tried all of them and got the same thing) it would say: "Some Shaders Are Not Defined". I Went to DEBUG.TXT and this is what it said in the last paragraph:

09.29.09 21:53:20 tool pc 01.00.00.0609 ----------------------------------------------
09.29.09 21:53:20 reference function: _write_to_error_file
09.29.09 21:53:20 reference address: 42ca20
09.29.09 21:53:20 Couldn't read map file './toolbeta.map'
09.29.09 21:53:28 some shaders were not defined

on every time and number I tried it on... I'm not sure what's happenning, but if I left out something important that anyone needs to know just tell me and i'll try to give you that information,

Thank you again for your help,
D3C3P7I0N

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Map #2... doesn't work :( Sep 26, 2009 03:21 PM (Total replies: 7)

yeah you pretty much got it...

i'll see if that works thanks

EDIT: i looked at it and i have it in the right format (.tif) but i'm not exactly sure how to adjust the size so that its one of the sizes you posted... i'm using vista, so is there any program on my computer or one that i can download to adjust the size alone?
Edited by D3C3P7I0N on Sep 26, 2009 at 03:27 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Map #2... doesn't work :( Sep 25, 2009 04:16 PM (Total replies: 7)

alright i'm in gmax, and i've done all the creation and watnot, but I can't seem to get the ground picture ( you know the picture you use for the ground/walls ) to work... when I go to use tool it says it can't find the picture or something like that. I thought I must have used the wrong extension (.jpg, .jpeg, etc.) but no matter what I tried it wouldn't work. Any suggestions?

Your Fellow gamer,
D3C3P7I0N

EDIT: also, i used a program to merge two pictures... that's the pic. i used so are you just not supposed to merge two pictures or something? Please help me it took me like 2 weeks to get this far so i don't want to have to start all over again!
Edited by D3C3P7I0N on Sep 25, 2009 at 08:26 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Help! i need Help with my first map. Apr 16, 2009 04:35 PM (Total replies: 11)

Thanks guys i'll try it and see if it works...

i'll post if anything else comes up!!!!

-a very thankful gamer
D3C3P7I0N

edit: hey guys it works thank you sooo much, you were very helpful! i hope to work with you in the future, D3C3P7I0N out!
Edited by D3C3P7I0N on Apr 16, 2009 at 05:00 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Help! i need Help with my first map. Apr 16, 2009 08:56 AM (Total replies: 11)

ive done the team indexes right (1=blue 0=red) but how do set it to all games?

p.s. ive already placed 8 spawning points for each team (red and blue) do i need extras or less or is it fine as is.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Help! i need Help with my first map. Apr 15, 2009 11:37 PM (Total replies: 11)

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!

also anyone, i have another problem. i know i shouldn't turn to u guys for everything... but i will. when i load my map im stuck right in the middle seeing like half my stage (top and bottom) - well it says waiting for space to clear, but im the only one on the map! any thought s on this problem?
Edited by D3C3P7I0N on Apr 15, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Help! i need Help with my first map. Apr 15, 2009 11:12 PM (Total replies: 11)

1. thnx for the reply.
2. i not sure what u mean by map type multiplayer. yes i mean for it to be a multiplayer map but i not know what u mean.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Help! i need Help with my first map. Apr 15, 2009 09:29 PM (Total replies: 11)

Uh... i have created a map and populated it with sapien. i have done almost everything i can think of, but when i go to use tool to make it into a .map file (ya know the tool build-cache-file stuff) i get an error message saying, "error can't find ui file... 'ui_tags_loaded_mainmenu_scenario_type.tag_collection'" or something similar (i know i got the ui name right). it makes the .map file and puts it in the right folder. but when i try to run the map on Halo custom edition it shuts down saying "gathering exception data"

PLEASE ANYONE HELP ME I SPENT TOO LONG CREATING THIS TO HAVE TO START OVER!!!

-a lover of halomaps.org...
D3C3P7I0N

*note: also i have halo ce running on a vista computer. i don't know if that has anything to do with it though... just thought that you should know!
Edited by D3C3P7I0N on Apr 15, 2009 at 09:55 PM

Time: Thu September 19, 2019 7:31 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website